What the!!!!!!

By Sarangaeyo15

What happens when an American high school hottie falls in love with an Indian girl but she is a little resist... More

Introduction
Some tiny details
Breakfast and ride to school
Parents
First Day
I met her
I think you have learned your lesson
I did not see that coming
Amanda is 16
Why me?????
Let's make covalent bond
The Engagement
My Birthday
The Game and Aftermath
Telling them to maintain distance
Let's focus on Christmas shopping for now
An Eventful Christmas indeed
Ah what a start!!!!
Thanks for being there
It's Valentine's week
It wasn't easy, nevertheless
The Wedding and other shenanigans
Oh God! That's why?
What the F
Jealousy is in the air
Sport's event is incomplete without a drama
Finally

What have I done!!

474 21 3
By Sarangaeyo15

                        Trisha's POV

My trip to India was indeed a nice getaway from my problems even though it was for just a bit but it was good.

The trip we planned after the wedding was also a success. We had a lot of fun. Some of my other cousins wanted to join too, yes you guessed it right, for Neel but he again used me as his shield and somehow dodged them. He was safe but in the process he put me in a bad position with them. It's not like they were fond of me anyway and his act only worked as fuel in the already blazing fire. That idiot.

We went to a place called Lansdowne and its nearby areas. It's a hill station in  Uttarakhand, a state in northern India. It was really beautiful. The scenic view was rejuvenating. We had full relaxation there. All our tiredness from the wedding vanished. Then it was time for us to return back. We had an afternoon flight, so we landed next morning at 9 approx. I told mom and dad not to come pick me up and I would hail a cab. They were hesitant first but then agreed.

I came home and was greeted by Amanda. She had come back from our uncle's house.

"Hey sis, welcome back."

"Hy," I said jet lagged.

"Woah you need a good sleep. Just go and have some rest. We will catch up in the afternoon."

"Okay. Bye bye," I went to my room and just fall on the bed. I was too tired to change.

Amanda woke me up at 2pm to eat something. I freshened up and went downstairs to the kitchen where Amanda was setting the plates.

"Feeling energetic now."

"Yaa much better," I smiled.

"Okay, so tell me everything and show me the pictures too. You didn't post anything on instagram."

I wanted to but I didn't feel that way. I didn't want to show Shawn that I was enjoying after turning him down. How he would have felt if I had done it. So, I decided not to post anything related to my visit to India.

I told Amanda everything and showed her every picture and video I had in my phone. We talked a little more and then I suddenly felt the atmosphere of the room changing. It was giving ' Investigator Amanda ' vibe and I was right as what she asked later confirmed it.

"What happened at the prom between you and Shawn?"

I was about to say nothing when she said again," don't try saying nothing. What do you mean," she tried imitating me.

I was cornered with literally no way out. I knew I couldn't win this battle, so I decided to surrender.

"Shawn proposed me."

I waited for her reaction but it never came.

"You knew about it?" I asked wanting to know how.

"Well he came a month ago or so looking for you and I did the same what I did to you and he spilled the beans. Now care to explain why did you reject him?"

"And you have been holding back since then. You didn't call me to ask. Wow," I was surprised with her patience level.

"That's because I wanted it face to face. That's not important. You tell me miss why?"

"What do you mean why? It's because of you."

"Ahh becau.. because of me?" Amanda was confused.

"Well you told me not to talk to any of your friends, specially Shawn, "

"Well it was because I know you and how sarcastic you can be, " she said.

"What does that suppose to mean, " I asked confused.

"Well I knew how mad you were on Shawn for beating Sam and how sarcastically you reply to people you are mad at. So for precautionary measures I said specially Shawn, " she explained everything and further said, "I even asked Shawn not to talk to you when he asked me about you".

"Oh," that's all what came out my mouth.

" I was even rooting for you two to get together, "she said shocking me.

" You were? Wow, " I said. "What about you having a crush on him? You once told me, remember?"

"It faded away just as fast as it appeared. I realised I was better off as his friend."

"Really?" I couldn't believe it.

"Yes. Didn't you understand that time when I raised no objection in you tutoring him? " she asked.

"I thought you were doing for his welfare, " I said.

"That was one reason. But I wanted you to to be friends too and then something more. You both are very compatible. Anyone can see that, " She said. 

I stayed silent as I had nothing to say. How stupid I could be! What the hell had I done? I am doomed. I am done for. Oh God. What am I gonna say to him. It's gonna look so pathetically stupid and lame. I should just dig a hole and bury myself.

"Are you gonna say something. Just go and talk to him now."

"I can't."

"Why? What's stopping you now?" Amanda was getting impatient.

"First like I have told you I am grounded and second he must be at the summer camp he goes to," I remember him telling me about that.

"Oh ya that. That completely slipped my mind. So, what are you planning to do?"

"Well for a month I can't do anything anyway. Plus I have my volunteering starting soon, so I will be busy. I will clear it all when the school will start."

"Sure do. You like him, right?"

"Yaa I do."

"Good. Silly girl."
***********************

After the whole clarification and everything with Amanda I decided to talk to Jer. I was feeling so bad and to be honest nervous too as how he would react. I just got to know that he knew about Shawn proposing me and stuff and I didn't tell him myself. He must have felt really bad. So, I called him and luckily he picked up.

"Hey Jer," I said sounding low in guilt.

"Got time for me now?" sarcasm was purely evident in his tone.

"Before you say anything let me tell you that I am grounded, so please come at the house. I will explain everything. Pretty please Jer. Please," I hoped he would say yes.

"Hang up I am coming," thankfully he agreed.

Amanda was in her room when Jer come, so I took him to the living area and made coffee for the both of us.

"How could you do this Tri? I mean hiding stuff from us, from me."

"I know and I am so sorry. I am really really ashamed. Trust me."

"Why didn't you say anything and you rejected Shawn! I thought you liked him," Jer was in full Amanda mode.

"Well I do like him. It just happened out of some misunderstanding," I was too ashamed of myself that time.

"Care to explain."

"Well I thought Amanda liked him but that's not the case and I didn't tell you cause I didn't want you to feel bad. But please don't tell Shawn about it. I will resolve it once he comes back from his summer camp." I explained it a to Jer.

"Woah! That's something."

"Tell me about it."

"But now Amanda has cleared it all. She even gave me a good lesson. So, I will take the initiative now. Don't worry," I smiled.

"Stop smiling. You broke that boy's heart. He was so relieved when he came to know you treat me like your brother only and was so happy to tell you his feelings and what you did, hmm?"

"What about treating you like a brother?" I was confused now.

"Shit man. I accidently told on him. Well don't tell him I told you but he was jealous of me wondering why you are always with me and why we are so close. At his parents' anniversary I cleared it and you should have seen his face," Jer chuckled.

"Ohh that's why he was asking me too. Idiot! How can he just make stuff like that."

"Look who's talking," Jer taunted me.

"Yaa I have lost the right to judge anyone for this. Anyway I am grounded for two weeks. Then I have my volunteering at the hospital. I will think about ways to resolve the matter in the meanwhile."

"Yaa I forgot to ask why are you grounded? I mean you."

I told Jer everything that happened at the wedding and how I only defended mom and dad but this happened.

"You did right but Mrs Cooper was right too you know. She had to..."

"Yaa yaa I know. She had to be the parent. Everyone has told me that and I am not mad. I will sleep and have fun in these two weeks."

"You tell me. Everything set for the college. Ready for the new beginning?"

"Yes almost. I have gone to see the dorms and all. Pretty much everything is set."

Jer and I talked for a while about this and that. I told him everything about my stay in India and my small vaca with my cousins and Neel. He told me about his preparations for the college and stuff and after an hour or so he went back home and I went to have some good sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.2K 1.8K 72
" An Indian story background, but Non - Indians can easily connect with it." Ahana Kapoor and Arhaan Malhotra. Two best friends, who've been together...
18.4K 513 51
Rina a foreigner comes to America to study, what happens when she meets new friends, and enemies and most of all a new lover. Join her in her adventu...
4K 374 40
Sometimes you get things to happen your way and you're happy, sometimes you don't and you're hurt. What hurts even more is to experience what you had...
36K 1.3K 25
He was my first love . And he is my husband now . But we had a not so planned wedding. (Okay I suck at the description as this is my first time. But...