Sharing the Skies - Beyblade...

By BriannaKittenz

MELODRAMA, SPOILERS, MILD VIOLENCE*, AND CRINGE WARNING! The fame of a superstar and the disrepute of a crimi... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Afterword

Chapter 12

118 5 1
By BriannaKittenz

Third Person's POV

"Are the rumors true? Is Zac the Sunrise really related to Count Nightfell?"

"I don't know about you, but I think it's true." Two girls were walking from school, and one of them was waving their phone in front of the other girl. "There's this article that proves it."

The second girl peered at the phone for a moment, then shrugged. "Article? More like a social media post. Isn't that made by an online celebrity who's probably jealous of Zac?"

"Maybe, but it has a point! The news said that when Zac went to the hospital, Count Nightfell was found at the front!"

"Coincidence?"

"And-and-AND... witnesses say they saw him transform out of his disguise as he was running through the hospital hallways."

After taking another look at the "article," the second girl gasped. "Did Zac know about this? That his brother's a thief?"

"If he did, he must be supporting phantom thieves behind our backs!"

The second girl looked down. "Oh... Well, I guess I'll unsubscribe to him on Beytube..."

"Best if you do."

Akira burst into the hospital room restlessly. "I'm sorry Zac, I'm sorry Zac, I'm so so so sorry!" he panicked.

Zac sat up in his bed. "Slow down, kid. What's the matter?"

"I don't know whether to be excited or scared... but--wait, have you checked Beytube yet?"

"No?"

Akira got out his phone and scrolled rapidly. "Should I let you see this? I mean, you have to know this but I'm afraid you'd react badly if you didn't see it already!" he fussed.

Zac tried to peek at the phone's screen from his bedside, but to no avail. "Just show me what it is! I'm sure it's not that serious if someone didn't like your new rap song."

"It's not that! It's even worse!" Akira finally shoved the screen at Zac's face. "You're losing followers!"

Zac's eyebrows arched. "... What?"

"And since I have this much followers... I am more famous!" Akira squealed, making Zac glare at him. Akira cleared his throat and muttered, "Sorry, uh, it's kind of been my goal to outshine you. But this is a disaster! I knew we shouldn't have talked about Auguste's fine--"

"Don't say it, Akira." Orochi warned as he walked in the room with three water bottles and headphones on his head. Akira covered his mouth. Right! Zac can't know about our secret meeting! Then again, everyone knows now, except him.

"Say what? Is it important?" Zac inquired, glaring at the both of them. "Maybe about Auguste?! Orochi!"

Orochi shuddered. "Not so loud..." He picked at his ear. "And it's nothin' important, really."

"No, really, what was he gonna say? Something about Auguste's fine..." Zac waited for either of his friends to continue for him.

"Auguste's... uh..." Akira stalled. "Auguste's fine magic skills? You said he does tiny magic tricks every now and then, right?"

Zac waved his arms around furiously. "How does that have to do with my reputation going down?! It's not like Auguste can make my fans disappear with—" He hesitated, then put a palm to his forehead. "Ohh... oh no..."

Akira bit his fingernails anxiously. Orochi absentmindedly handed Akira a water bottle while warily watching Zac. The conflicted star looked down, trying to take things in. "So everyone knows now..."

"Uh... Are you okay, Zac?" Orochi asked.

Zac started to tremble and grit his teeth. Akira put down his water bottle and watched Zac in shock. "He doesn't look okay....—"

"I'm not okay, alright?!" Zac bursted. The usually-outgoing celebrity now looked agitated, his panting coming out in furious breaths. "You know how much my fame means to me?! Everything! And now my fans are turning away from me thanks to that Count Nightfell, who got me shot—who got me in the hospital—who made me suffer!"

After recollecting himself, he looked up at his friends. They had both shifted all the way to the other side of the room, with Akira hiding behind Orochi. Their faces were filled with worry—and terror.

"I've... never seen that side of you, Zac," Akira mumbled.

Zac, now in disbelief, took in a shuddering breath. "I'm sorry, that just came out of me..." he uttered. "I didn't mean any of that...!"

"Tellin' from that tone of yours..." Orochi explained, "you had a lot to let out."

Zac rubbed the back of his head. "I guess I did..." He gave Orochi a desperate look. "But still! I wouldn't think of my brother that way..."

"And it doesn't help the fact that he is being freed today—" Akira began covering his mouth afterwards. "I shouldn't have said that..." he eeped as Orochi glared at him.

"What?!" Zac cried out. "Wait... you sure it's today?! How is that possible?!"

"We may have... paid the fines??" Akira stammered sheepishly. At this, Zac let in an exaggerated gasp.

"Maybe you just should stop talking." Orochi mumbled disappointedly.

"Good idea." Akira hung his head.

"Wh-Wh-AKIRA...?!" Zac growled, glaring daggers at him.

Orochi went in front of Akira defensively. "Don't just blame him... Me and a few others also contributed to—"

"OROCHI...!" Zac snarled at him. Then his eyes widened at another realization. "Is he being released now?!"

Akira scratched the back of his head nervously. Noticing this, Zac began to sit up from his cot. "That's it, I'm going to meet him."

"But you haven't been discharged yet...!" Orochi intervened.

"So what? I can go out whenever I want!" Zac grunted, taking out any tubes that were connected to him as he stood up.

"Wait, are you really gonna run out with your hospital gown—" Orochi was about to warn, but he was already out the door. "Great."

"Uh, break a leg!" Akira called, then reconsidered. "Actually no, don't break your leg!" He groaned to himself. "Aw man, I messed up big time..."

Auguste's POV

I woke up this morning on the cold floor of my cell. I felt dizzy for some reason... Then when I sat up, I found out why.

I groggily rubbed the back of my head. It was sore, and it stung. Guess I collided with the bedside after all, I thought. Then a disturbing image popped up in my head. Oh... that's how I fell asleep.

"How's my favorite thief doing?~" an annoying familiar voice called from outside. I groaned and looked over at the steel door's window. There he was again, the mischievous former phantom thief. "I may have thought of a nice nickname for you. Why don't I call you..." He gave me a taunting grin. "Count Nightfail?"

"Veeery creative. Someone happened to come up with that name before you," I rolled my eyes at him.

"Oh, okay, guess I'll add on to it. How about 'Count Nightfail, the Phantom Pickpocket?'" he cackled.

I stood up. "That's still half-not-original!" I pouted. "Really, what do you want with me?"

"Looks like you already forgot." He sneered. "I told you, I'm going to make your stay unpleasant. Use your burglar brain."

I gave a long, exasperated sigh and closed my eyes. He can't do anything to me other than joking around, I thought. I should just ignore him. Turning around, I busied myself with the sink again. And he continued. "Ya know, news has spread about you. Everyone knows about your double life now. And not just in this jail—" He leaned closer towards the window. "Everywhere."

I stopped my fidgeting by the sink and just stood there. The man inquired, "Your brother is Zac the Sunrise, isn't he? He never knew your secret, right?"

"What are you trying to get at?" I muttered, glaring down at the sink.

"I wonder how he feels now that he knows." Then he did the most irritating thing he could do. Mimicking my brother's accent, I heard him dramatically cry, "How could you, brotha? I can't believe I'm related to you!"

I growled underneath my breath. "Stop that."

"Oh! Are you a shooting star? Because you are just a burning rock, a fake!"

I so badly wanted to hurl myself at the door and smash my fist through the window at his face.

But I was stopped when I heard the voice of a police officer.

"Mr. Kaneguro. Your fines have been paid. You're free to go."

My eyes widened, and so did my nemesis's. I turned to the steel door. The kind officer walked past the man as if he were invisible and proceeded to fiddle with my lock. After a few seconds, the door was opened, and I stepped out of my cell timidly. It all sunk in slowly, but surely. I was going home!

As the officer led me to the exit of the jail, I suppressed my excitement and grinned at the ex-phantom thief, whose jaw had dropped to the ground. Adieu, I mouthed as I made my way to freedom.

Before I knew it, I was stranded on the sidewalk carrying plastic bags full of my stuff. The bright sun put me on the spot, the sidewalk was completely empty, and all of the cars passed by me without a care. What a way to make me feel more alone, world.

A little embarrassed as I was still in my prisoner clothes, I went to the side of a building to hide in the shadows, as I always do. Now to take this all in...

"My fines have been paid?" I repeated to myself.

Nooooo, Zac... Don't tell me you just did that...

Digging through my bags, I tried to find my phone.

When I couldn't feel anything metal-like and rectangular, I was about to use one of my tricks to make it appear in my hands. But then, I paused. It just doesn't feel right... Now that I'm out in daylight, I can't do this and go back to that cell again...

I spent a full 30 seconds—30 seconds!—rummaging until I finally got my hands on it. Now to get an explanation... and a ride back home.

Suddenly, I noticed distant footsteps. Strange to hear when the sidewalk's completely empty.

The steps got closer. Then, I was sure they were coming toward me. I scrambled to pick up my stuff and flee, but I realized too late that the person was right behind me. "I just got bailed out, I swear!" I blurted out, somewhat guiltily, keeping my eyes down.

The person looming above me said nothing. Maybe nobody's there, I thought. Even so, I was still too frightened to look up.

"Auggy?"

My heart seemed to have stopped. I looked up. The glare made me shield my eyes, but I could see the tall silhouette in the sunlight. As my eyes adjusted, it was revealed that the figure was definitely my brother—Zachary Kaneguro himself.

He must've shared the same shock I had. We both stared at each other for who knows how long.

Having missed him terribly, I took in his features carefully: his wholesome, azure eyes; his blameless, concerned face; his... leg cast?

Noticing his slightly fast breathing and his pale hospital gown, I realized quickly that he ran all the way here from the hospital.

"Zachary, your leg—!" I stammered, worried that he may have added too much strain.

"I-It's nothing..." he responded uneasily. Internal turmoil was evident on his face. And just when I thought it couldn't get worse, he stumbled and dropped down.

"Zac!" I caught him in my arms before he could collide with the concrete ground. He was cold to the touch. When I examined him, his eyes were shut, but I knew he was awake.

I was relieved to find that he didn't pass out, but at the same time... "Zac, take better care of yourself!" I snapped at him, tears welling up in my eyes. "You shouldn't be running down the street looking like that!"

I felt him hold himself closer to me. "I'm sorry," he whispered glumly. In his tone was a hint of... fear?

I tried shaking some sense into him. "Why are you sorry?" My voice broke. "I should be the one apologizing. This all happened to you because of me..." Zac opened his eyes slightly and looked up at me as I continued to weep. "I know you're disappointed in me. I'm a fake..."

I felt Zac tug on my jumpsuit's collar firmly. He sat up. "Don't say that!" he pleaded. Tears of his own were falling from his face. "You're making me feel bad for ever thinking of you that way!"

"Oh..." I sobbed, trying to wipe my tears away with a finger.

"Oh, Auggy...!" Zac cried, embracing me.

There we stood, crying our hearts out and holding each other close. A while ago, I felt like an outcast, forgotten and unwanted. But at that very moment, I didn't care about how the world saw me.

All I needed was Zac, my dear little brother.

Third Person's POV

"I'm sorry for not being there for you..." Auguste weeped. "The concert—the hospital—all of that...!"

"I'm sorry I expected that much from you," Zac sniveled. "I wasn't grateful for what I had, and that was you!"

As the inmate and the patient embraced each other, a few other figures arrived at the scene. "Zac!" Akira called as he and Orochi ran towards him. Then they stopped when they realized what was going on. "Don't wanna ruin the moment," Orochi whispered.

Hyde, who just strolled in with Doctor Evel, greeted Auguste. "Yo, Count! Oh, you're busy," he turned around and went the other way.

Their crying now reduced to sniffles, the two boys wiped their tears away. "Well, at least I am here now?" Auguste gave his brother a sad smile.

Zac wrapped his arms around him yet again. The four friends watched as Zac and Auguste gave each other a few more shoulder pats and shared laughs.

"What a touching reunion..." Akira shedded a tear. "Zac, why do you always make me cry?"

"Such a bittersweet melody," Orochi agreed with a smile.

Hyde started choking on fake tears, shielding his eyes with his gloved arm. "Evel!! How are you not moved by this?!" he bawled.

"Who said I wasn't moved?" Evel questioned, staring at the brothers with his usual, emotionless face. Hyde gave an exaggerated shrug at him to display his confusion.

"Glad that's settled..." Auguste sighed gratefully. He noticed the others and turned to them. "Oh, hey there."

"Akira? Are you crying, kid?" Zac chuckled, wiping some leftover moisture from his eyes.

"Why must this reunion backfire on me?" Akira choked.

"What do you mean, 'backfire'?" Auguste questioned, narrowing his eyes. Once he comprehended, his eyes widened. "Y... You were the one who...?"

"It wasn't just Akira, ya know? I'm the richest out of all of you! HAHA!!!" Hyde cackled braggingly.

"All of us gave what we could," Orochi explained. "Akira, Hyde, Doc and I."

"Hyde paid for roughly forty percent of the fines. Nevertheless, every cent was significant." Evel elucidated further.

"But... how can I repay you?" Auguste fretted.

"No need, no need," Hyde insisted, waving his offer away, mockingly flattered.

"If only you let me in on this!" Zac wobbled over to Akira and Orochi and gave both of them a playful pat on the back. "I would've donated a zillion percent!"

With that, the group of five enjoyed a laugh—Evel, the sixth one, simply smiling along. "Laughter, best medicine!" Hyde rejoiced.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96.3K 1.2K 20
A book full of oneshots of Beyblade Burst, Beyblade Burst God/Evolution and Beyblade Burst Turbo/Cho-z/SuperZ/ Beybread Burst Gachi/GT/Rise / Beyblad...
34.4K 1.5K 32
" ๐ˆ ๐ฐ๐š๐ง๐ญ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฌ๐ฅ๐ž๐ž๐ฉ, ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐›๐ซ๐š๐ข๐ง ๐ฐ๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ฉ ๐ญ๐š๐ฅ๐ค๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐จ ๐ข๐ญ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฅ๐Ÿ. " Recovering from an alcoh...
16.7K 2.5K 45
Meet Sophia Williams, a typical good girl with good grades, good looks, and good at almost everything. A girl who hides so many secrets behind that s...
26K 753 15
A shocking tragedy happen in Aoi family where the beyblade world sadden. No one know how to moved one until one year had pass a mysterious strong gro...