DEFENDER [hs]

By jaszs_23

Suddenly all my songs were about you. ---- When Mr. William's daughter was kidnapped, Harry out of all hundre... More

Intro/Warning
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58

Chapter 21

132 5 0
By jaszs_23

Harry Styles

By the time we reached Colorado, It was 11:45. Athena fell asleep which sucked even though we hadn't talked ever since we left the art place. I was starting to get drowsy and I wanted her to keep me company but I have sleeping beauty next to me.

The coffee from McDonald's had only helped me for three hours. The tiredness had started creeping up on me. I was debating to stop but I had to reach in two days. On time.

My mind led me back to the hour we spent at the art store. I revealed her name to Athena by accident. I feared when I said it out loud. I feared of what she thought. 

What if Athena judges me like the rest? What if she blames me for my sister's death? 

She has only been gone not too long ago. Only a year ago yet it feels like I'm carrying the guilt ever since I was born. She didn't deserve this, she didn't. I hated how she blamed herself for every thing that happened to me or anyone she loved around her. I hated how just because she's older then me, the responsibility was all her and none of mine.

Even though I'm younger, I'm still the man of the house. I wanted to protect her at all cost. At the end of the day, she's the only family I have. 

Had.

I usually do well with deaths and that sort of thing. But what happened to my sister is unforgiveable. It makes me mad. If I was there on time, I could've saved her. I didn't have to witness her die in my arms. Even if she were to go, it could've been any other way and I wouldn't feel as bad.

Wherever she is up there, I hope she found peace. Cause I haven't. 

I will only find tranquility once I catch and kill whoever who did this to her with my bare hands. I don't care if that costs me jail time or death penalty. At least I can die feeling satisfied. 

This is why I keep Athena safe. The night where she almost got raped made me go insane. I couldn't let that happen to her, too.

I rather trade myself then see her go through that again. She didn't deserve this. My sister too.

I don't know why I feel pressured and triggered. It's like after my sister's death this hole in my heart opened and it's a void of guilt. Not only for her. But every other woman too.

I just wish I could see her again and say our goodbyes properly. She was the closest person to me. My best friend. Yeah, it may seem corny and shit but once you loose someone you entirely love, it wouldn't be a joke anymore and you regret everything. 

Because of her passing, I became who I am. The night they pronounced her dead at the hospital was the night I found no purpose. She was the only guidance I had and without her I am a lost cause. I slept on the streets that night and met up with a few 'people'.

 You know, gang affiliated people. 

I didn't have money to buy shit. Like the things help you escape from the world for awhile? Drugs. 

So, these people were the only ones I could count on. I joined them. I had too. I wouldn't survive in the wild alone without anything. They helped me get an apartment and extra cash. From working? Yea but not your typical nine to five job. 

More like committing crimes. Robbing, murdering, bombing. The classics. 

Our 'gang' was then found Mr. Wilson who took us in. Athena's dad he is and I thank him a lot. But in a year's time, I never want to be involved in this again. I want to be set free.

My thoughts were interrupted by the steering of sleepy Athena. 

"How long did I sleep for?" She asked me and I replied with three hours. "I'm sorry." She said. "It's okay, I was just debating whether too throw my co-pilot outside the car cause she's useless." I said and she rolled her eyes.

"I'm sorry!" She apologized and I nodded my head. How was she tired? "Are we going to stop?" Athena asked. "No, we have to reach there in time." I replied. "But you look exhausted." She said making me shoot her a glare. "No, shit." I replied. 

-----

Athena Williams

Harry looked like the walking definition of insomnia. He had a little eyes bags that were forming under his eyes. We had to stop. There's no way I would allow him to drive all the way there, today.

 "Harry, you need sleep." I said making him shake his head. "I'll be fine." He replied and I grew annoyed with him. I didn't care what it takes for me to make him listen to me, even if that means slapping him.

"Harry, please listen to me." I begged. "Athena, I'll be fine." He replied. That's it I'm so slapping the shit out of him. "No, Harry I don't care, pull over to the nearest gas station we're sleeping in the car and NO buts." I told him sternly. His eyes widen and eyebrows shot up at my attitude. 

"Now." I replied. He sighed in defeat and steered the car to a upcoming gas station. I smiled and rested my head back to the seat.

"You always get what you want, don't you." He asked me and I nodded into a yes. I was not being selfish. Harry looked like he needed rest anyway right? Also I needed to get a new book or something to entertain me for another whole day. I finished the book before I fell asleep so around three hours ago. 

Harry parked the car in the parking spot outside the gas station. There weren't any hotels nearby therefore the car was the best place. I didn't feel as tired cause I just got up from the best nap ever. Harry took out his seatbelt and adjusted a few of his supplies. I decided to ask him. 

"Harry, can I buy another book?" I asked with a sweet tone. He sighed and handed me twenty dollars. I thanked him. "Get me another can of coffee for tomorrow." He said and I nodded.

 "Be quick." He said after that and I nodded once again.

I walked inside the store and it was empty. It was about 12 am now and the store worker was packing up when she saw me. I informed her that I needed a few supplies and she nodded in understanding. Thank god. She waited at the front of store with the keys in her hand. 

I hurried to the book section and looked through a few book covers. I didn't have time to read the synopsis so I had to guess. The cover of the book "A world below" caught my attention. It looked interesting and it was about seventeen bucks. I grabbed it and ran to the drinks aisle and picked up a can. As I was walking out I saw a can of green tea and I picked it for myself.

I walked up to the cashier and apologized at her for shopping so late. She smiled at me and said it was no problem. She looked around my age. I felt worried for her. She was working so late at night it was so unsafe. 

Once I was done paying, I thanked her and made my way back to the car. Harry stood outside leaning his body on it while looking at me. He motioned his hands and urged me to walk faster.

I ran up to him and both of us got in the car. He was waiting outside to watch me from the store like a hawk. Making sure I don't run away.

Harry had already tilted the seats and took out a few throw pillows for us to use. I made myself comfortable and unwrapped the book I just bought. I don't plan on reading it all tonight. Tomorrow was going to be boring without it.

Harry laid down and placed his one arm on my seat for leverage. There it was. More tattoos? How many does this guy have? I never liked tattoos on a guy, I always found them ugly. But these tats suited Harry a lot surprisingly. 

"Do I need to gorge your eyes out? Stop staring." He replied with close eyes. How did he know I was staring for fucks sake. Does he have a sixth sense?

I rolled my eyes and started flicking through the pages of the book. 

"What is that book about?" He asked me. I turned the book cover and read the synopsis. "Baker's eighth grade class thought they were in for a normal field trip to Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico. But when an earthquake hits, their field trip takes a terrifying turn." I said and he rolled his eyes.

"Is that a middle schooler book?" He stated. "Well, at least I have something to do." I murmured and began reading.

-----

An hour went by and Harry was sound asleep. I obviously wanted to observe more of his tattoos but I'm still pretty convinced he has powers to sense me looking so I might skip that for now. 

I closed my book and curled up to the corner to shut my eyes. I soon let sleep take over me.

-----

To sleep, perchance to dream.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

hey! hope you liked this chapter.

please make sure to vote<3

ignore spelling errors if there are any :)

also yesterday was the starting of Harry's love on tour and OMG.

His outfit, The kiwi performance and Mitch. I'm not ok.

reminder: Stay hydrated luvs.

lots of love!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 62 17
ca·lam·i·ty noun an event causing great and often sudden damage or distress; a disaster. What happens when Emaline's criminal father steals from the...
119K 8.6K 29
Fifty Euros. 3 drunk seventeen year olds. 1 whore. That's how Athena Konstantinos was born. A drunk mistake or a lustful blunder. But a bastard n...
106K 3.9K 30
In a setting where the past meets the future, technology and way of living has completely destroyed the world, forcing everyone to turn back to old w...
1.1M 19.8K 104
"Harry." I glare. "Violet." He smirks. - He had those tempting green eyes patched with a smirk and she wore a glare with the sweetest heart. She wa...