Too cool for the summer ~ A B...

Autorstwa ayoitspatricia

(Y/n) is the niece of Kate and Martin. She is invited to come to Benidorm by Martin as she is having troubles... Więcej

Season 1 ~ Episode 1
Season 1 ~ Episode 3
Season 1 ~ Episode 4

Season 1 ~ Episode 2

554 10 6
Autorstwa ayoitspatricia

I was the morning, me and Martin were sitting on the sofa watching tv. I noticed that Kate had walked in and leaned against the door but I didn't say anything to her and instead, turned my head back. Kate then decided to turn the tv off making me turn my head back towards her and scowl.

"That was uncalled for." I decided to say. Kate just crossed her arms.

"Uh... we were... we were watching that." Martin told her, making me want to slap him. When is he going to learn to stand up for himself?

"What are we all doing here, Martin?" Kate asked him.

"We're here to spend some time together. Sort things out. And I thought it would be appropriate to bring (Y/n) along as well so that she could maybe have some time to reflect on her family problems. I thought you loved (Y/n), Kate?"

"Don't turn this around on me Martin, I do love (Y/n). I really do. But did you really think bringing us here would help to sort things out? You must be out if your mind." Kate complained.

"Don't be like that." Martin gave Kate an awkward smile.

"She's been like this since we arrived here." I groaned.

"Don't be rude (Y/n)." Martin pointed at me. "Just, look at the sun. Let's enjoy it."

"You enjoy it, Martin. I'm booking on the first available flight home, and (Y/n) will be coming with me." Kate told him, but before she could disappear back into her room I decided to speak up.

"No I'm not. I've actually been having a decent time, unlike you. If you do go, I'll be staying with Uncle Martin." Martin wrapped an arm around me and gave me a big smile as to say 'thank you'.

"Fine. Suit yourself." Kate said before turning around and going back to where she came from.

"How much longer is she going to be like this? It's giving me a headache." I put my head into my heads making Martin sigh.

"Just... try not to let her get to you ok? I at least want someone to enjoy this holiday and I think it's only fair that you should be able to."

"Thank you." I tell him, "Can I go to the pool?"

He nods and I thank him, getting changed into my swimming costume and grabbing my pool items. I get down to the pool and sit on the sun bed that is next to these two men that look like they are a couple. They turn to look at me and one of them speaks up.

"Wait, you're the one that helped that pregnant girl when she fainted!" They point at me. "That was brilliant by the way. You know, how you took charge and acted more mature than any of the adults there."

I blushed embarrassed, "That was me, thanks for noticing. My aunt and uncle definitely didn't."

The other one speaks up, "Wait! Is your aunt that lady that looked miserable the whole day yesterday?"

"Yes. It most likely was." I reply which makes him laugh.

"Well, I'm glad we can agree on something. I'm Gavin, and this is my boyfriend Troy."

"Nice to meet you both!" I reply, "I've been hoping to meet some more people, since my family clearly doesn't have enough time for me."

They both look at each other, until Gavin speaks up again. "You know, we saw how your aunt grabbed your arm and pulled you upstairs last night. Is everything ok with her?"

"I think so. It was probably just one of her bad moods." I reply.

"I see. And by the sounds of it your parent's aren't with you?"

"Yeah no, their not. I don't necessarily get along with them the best." I tell them.

Troy speaks up, "You can't be more old than 16 as well. You know what? Me and Gavin will be your 'Benidorm parents'. Whenever you have a problem you can talk to us if would like.

"I'd like that very much." I reply, smiling.

It been around 10 minutes and I have been quietly reading my new book. That is until I hear Troy speak up.

"What colour would you say that little old lady was?" I realised that he was referring to Madge.

"Um, on a Dulux colour chart, I think you'll find that's Burnt Sienna."

"No it's darker than that."

"Burnt pensioner?"

That makes us all chuckle.

Madge and the Garvey's then come towards us. Gavin and Troy decide that they can have their sun beds.

"Are you sure?" Mick asks them.

" Yeah, you're alright. We're off our for the day. Thought we might check out the beach." Troy tells him.

"There's a beach? Dad, there's a beach! Can we go to the beach?" Michael asks, jumping around.

"Oh, right. Cheers, mate." Mick thanks Troy sarcastically.

As Troy and Gavin start to leave they turn back to me, "Bye (Y/n)! We'll see you later, yeah?"

I nod my head, "Yeah! See you later!"

I turn back to Michael who is sitting on the edge of my sun bed, "Mam, can we go to the beach, please? You didn't say there was a beach. Mam, please can we go to the beach?" I giggle slightly.

"What the frig is she wearing?" Madge points to Chantelle, who was wearing this strapless summer dress. "She looks like that one from that pop group in the 60s. What was her name? Fat lass that died choking on a sandwich?"

"Right! I'm off!" Chantelle says, going to pick up her stuff.

"Telle! Come back." Janis shouts before looking at Madge, "Now look what you've done."

I looked at Janis, "Don't worry, I'll try and find her."

"You really don't have to (Y/n)." Mick interrupts.

"I insist." I say before getting up.

"Thank you love!" I hear Janis say.

I am able to catch up with Chantelle who walks past Kate and Martin. I try to quickly walk past but Kate noticed me and stopped me.

"And where do you think you're going?"

"Listen, for your information I've made some friends. And one of those friends is upset and when someone you care about is upset, you go and check on them. You should try it." I tell her before pulling away from here and running after Chantelle.

I was able to follow Chantelle up to her hotel room but she got in before me so I went and knocked on the door. "Chant! It's (Y/n), can you let me in please?" After a few seconds the door opened.

"What'd you want?" She asks me.

"I'm just checking on my friend to see if she is ok. And before you ask, I know you're not, I can tell."

She looks at me, "Come in then."

She leads me to the balcony and gestures to another chair for me to sit on next to her.

"You know," she starts, "I only met you yesterday but it feels like I've known you my whole life. I don't know why."

"I feel like that too, like i really care about you." I say, this makes her smile.

"Im sorry that you fainted yesterday."

"It wasn't your fault. Its mine, i should of told them sooner." She replied, referring to her pregnancy.

"Please don't blame yourself Chantelle, announcing that you are pregnant probably would have taken a lot out of you, and you should try to stay healthy. It's hard."

"Where have you been all my life?" She joked, making me chuckle slightly.

Me and Chantelle continued to speak about things such as her pregnancy and my problems with my family. We then heard the door open and realised that it was Janice, who was holding two burgers. She gave one to Chantelle and then gave one to me.

"You didn't have to Mrs Garvey." I tell her.

"Please darling, just call me Janice." She then turns to Chantelle, "How are you feeling?"

"I'm all right." She responds.

"Just thought you two might be hungry, they're not that nice but you can have as many as you like." Janice tells us two. "Do you want anything else?"

"They've got a telly next door." Chantelle tells Janice, "In the room (Y/n) and her family are staying in. How come we haven't got a telly?"

"If you want a telly, your dad will get you a telly." She tells Chantelle making me speak up.

"Just take ours Janice. Aunt Kate hates it when Uncle Martin turns it on anyway, it's what started our argument this morning."

"See! How easy was that mam?" Chantelle asks.

Janice laughs and puts some ketchup into both of our burgers and I mumble a small 'thank you'.

"There you both go. Why don't you both come down when you're ready?" She asks, making us nod in reply with a smile.

Just before she walks out she turns to me, "Oh and by the way (Y/n), I think I saw your aunt and uncle leave to go out for the day. I spoke to her in the pool earlier, posh ain't she?"

I sighed, "Of course they went out. I know I told them that they could go out without me but couldn't they have at least told me?"

"I'm sorry love, it doesn't sound like you have a very good relationship with them. Don't worry, we'll look after you whilst you stay here." She then leaves, making Chantelle turn her head to me.

"I know we only arrived here yesterday, but we could stay in touch when we go home. You got a phone right?" I nod. "Well then, if you give me your number we can keep in contact."

"That's a good idea." I tell her.

"I know."

Me and Chantelle spoke for a while more and exchanges phone numbers. We then went down to the pool to join Madge and the rest of the Garvey's. It has only been a day but they were treating me like family. Chantelle treated me like a sister and listened to me when I spoke about my home problems, Michael made me laugh and treated me like a proper best friend. Janice and Mick treated me like I was apart of the family and Madge was civil and always complimented me on things I did. The evening came around quickly. Kate and Martin still were not back but The Garvey's insisted that I sat with them at Neptune's again which made me happy.

We were all sat at a table eating, waiting for Mick to come back from wherever he disappeared to.

"Are you alright, darling? Let me know if you need anything else." Janice said to Chantelle. "You're eating for two now."

"No change there." Madge mumbled.

"You know what I like about you, Nana? Nothing." Chantelle replied.

"Don't worry Chant, please just try to relax and you'll be fine." I assure her. After I say this Mick returns to the table.

"Where have you been!?" Madge aggressively asks Mick.

"Come on you lot, get that down your necks, because after this we're all going back to the apartment. And if you want to come (Y/n), you are more than welcome to." Mick says to all of us making me nod, indicating that I do want to join.

"I am not going back there yet!" Chantelle argues.

Mick continues, "Because we're going to have a night in, in front of... the telly!"

I turn to him, "Did you take the telly from my room like i told you to?" He nods making me smile. "Brilliant. Enjoy it, my aunt definitely didn't."

"We've got a telly! Dad, have we got a telly?" Michael asks.

"We certainly have son! Courtesy of our good friend (Y/n)!" Mick exclaims, giving him a high five.

"Woah! Thanks (Y/n), you're a legend!" Michael says to me.

"No problem dude!" I say, messing his hair up.

Michael, being the excited little boy he is, turns to Janice. "Mam, we've got a telly!" Everyone laughs and smiles.

We had now finished our dinner and I went back to my apartment to change into my pyjamas, because I don't care what people think, and then go to Chantelle's apartment.

"Thanks for joining us (Y/n)!" Janice exclaims. She gets up from her seat on the couch and lets me have it.

"Oh, it's no problem, I can just sit on the floor and you can keep your seat."

She gasps, "No way am I letting you do that love. Come on, sit next to Chantelle." I smile and go to sit next to her.

"Do you want some crisps, Mam?" Chantelle asks Janice.

"No, I'm all right love." She replies.

Chantelle turns to me, "What about you (Y/n)?"

"I'll have some thanks." I tell her. She gives me a bag of crisps. We then hear Mick shout.

"Okay, are you ready, you lot, yeah? Are you ready?" He turns on the tv. "Right, okay. Here we go." We start to hear music playing in the tv and the show starts to play.

"You happy now?" Mick chuckles. He must of said that too soon because then the tv switches off. Everyone gives a noise of confusion.

"I don't understand, it was working fine when we had it." I tell them.

"Typical. He's broken it already." Madge says, frustrated. "Well, don't think I'm gonna pay for that."

"Hang on a minute, what's this?" Mick says in disbelief. "It's a meter. They've got a bloody coin meter on it!"

"Does it?" I say, Mick giving me a nod. "I'm sorry, I didn't know. It was Martin who turned it on this morning. I just came in and saw that it was on." I felt really bad.

"Don't worry, it's not your fault." He tells me.

I can hear a door opening in the room next to The Garvey's. Kate and Martin must be back.

"One euro, 30 minutes. All inclusive? The robbing Spanish bastards." Mick continues.

"Mam, have you got any change?" Janice asks Madge.

"You can frig off." She replies, "I'm off back to watch Al Jolson." Madge starts to roll out of the room.

"But I wanna watch telly." Michael whines.

"I can try and get some change from my room, but I doubt Kate will let me come back out once she sees me. I heard them come back." I say.

"No, that won't be necessary darling." Janice tells me. "You've already been kind and given us your tv."

It was getting late and I was getting tired so I told Janice that I was going to return to my room.

"That's no problem love, make sure to come and see us tomorrow yeah?" Janice tells me.

"Yeah, you're always welcome to join us." Mick adds, making me smile.

"Thank you all, goodnight!" I tell them all before walking out and unlocking the door to my room. As I upon the door and I can see Kate and Martin sitting in the sofa in silent. When Kate sees me she stands up.

"Where have you been!?" She yells at me, "We have been worried sick! And do you have a bloody clue where the tv has gone!?"

"Chill out auntie dearest, I was with the Garvey's. And no, I don't know where the tv has gone."

"Who?" Martin joins in.

"Oh my goodness. The family next door to us!" I then look at Kate, "You know, the woman you spoke to at the bar today?"

"Oh her. I don't know how I feel about you being around them so much, you've been eating dinner with them as well!" Kate continues to yell. "And don't think that we don't know about how you've befriended that queer couple! You've hardly been with us!" How in earth did they find out that I met Troy and Gavin.

"You literally left today without telling me? What was I supposed to do?" I ask her.

"Well, it's your fault for not coming with us in the first place and instead, checking on that pregnant girl!" Kate says. Tears are now rolling down my face, why is she always unhappy with someone?

We then hear a knock and Martin goes and opens the door. It turns out to be Janice and Mick.

"Hiya, we heard shouting and just wanted to know if everything was okay?" Janice asks.

"Yes, everything is fine! Please leave!" Kate exclaims.

"Now hold on a second," Mick speaks up, "Are you okay (Y/n)?"

Before I can speak Martin speaks up, "She's fine. Now, do you suppose you could give us some peace?" Are they really asking people to give them peace when they don't give me any?

They ignore what Martin said. "Are you okay (Y/n)? Why are you crying?"

"It's none of your business!" Kate shouts at them, "You know what, it might be! Since you and your family have been with my niece all day! She doesn't even want to be around us!"

"And why do you think that might be? You literally left her today without letting her know you were going somewhere, and here you are telling her that it's her fault!" Janice says to Kate.

"Oh please, you don't have a clue about the kind of day I've had." Kate scoffs.

"You're right, I don't. Come on (Y/n), I'm sure we can find somewhere in our place for you to sleep." Janice says, coming towards me and wrapping an arm around me. She walks me out and takes me to their apartment. Just before we go in, I can hear Mick say something to Kate and Martin.

"You have a 16 year old niece who has been telling us all about the problems she has with you and her parents. Do better."

Janice found me a place to sleep and told me that we will work out what we are going to do about where I will stay for the rest of the trip tomorrow.

We're only on day 2 and Kate has already lost the plot.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

6.9K 51 21
OUTERBANKS: Y/N Routledge was a pouge. When Rafe Cameron first met her, he was in love, even if she was a pouge. After Y/N not giving him a chance f...
1.2K 14 18
when two kids from rival families hook up it changes everything. she is 17 and has never had a boyfriend, until the middle of the summer and someone...
3.5K 65 2
y/n is a member of the BAU alongside the team. when y/n has to join the team late on a case,what happens when y/n's luggage gets lost and she has to...
26.4K 621 20
Y/N hasn't seen her friends in years. High school didn't last forever, and now Y/N wants to reunite with the people she called family, especially her...