The Billionaire Playboy's War...

By faddiemanzi

Isabella Stanford never thought that one day she would have the Playboy Billionaire hottie for a guardian but... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Epilogue
Valentine Special 2014

Chapter Fifteen

427K 8.5K 271
By faddiemanzi

Isabella entered the large living room where some of the large investors as well as some workers from the company were chatting. Isabella wasn't in the mood for any celebrations that evening but because the party was honoring her, she had no choice but to attend.

The moment she entered, her eyes swept across the room. She saw Stefan standing at the far end of the room talking to a rather attractive tall black haired woman. The lady looked mesmerized by whatever Stefan was telling her. Isabella smiled and turned her eyes to the next couple. Stefan was a good man and he deserved a good and true woman. She was glad that he realized there was no future for them earlier. It would have been a shame if he ended up loving her when her heart belonged to someone else. And speaking about someone else...Isabella searched the crowd for him. She still remembered their last encounter in his office. She remembered his carefree look and the way it turned into something dangerous when Audrey showed up. She remembered the troubled expression when he noticed the nail marks on her wrist and the flicker of hurt before it morphed into anger. He planned to shield her from all the bad things around her but Isabella felt like she needed to see these bad things in order to be stronger. Audrey and Michelle might have tried to scare her but one thing they didn't know about her was that she never backed off from something once she set her mind on it. She loved Liam and not even Audrey was going to keep her away from him. She set her mind to be a better businesswoman than her father and Michelle wasn't going to stand in her way.

Liam was nowhere in sight. Hadn't he arrived yet? Was he even coming? Isabella's heart heaved as she walked into the room looking dazzling in her pale green cocktail dress. She chose that dress because of him. She wanted him to look at her like she was the only woman in that entire room.

What happened between them that afternoon was the mark of the beginning of something interesting between them. She saw the change in him afterwards. There was a difference in the way he looked at her and the way he talked to her. There was a difference in the way he touched her and guided her. It was as if she already belonged to him.

Her heart raced in her chest at the thought of it. Whatever feelings Liam had for her were increasing. Even though he assured her that he could never love, she was pretty sure what he felt for her was far more than just affection. Whatever it was, she was going to take it shamelessly in the time being while she taught him how to love.

“Looking great this evening, Isabella.” Stefan teased as he got two wine glasses from the passing waitress and handed her one.

Isabella smiled shyly at him and accepted the glass. How did he get there so fast? The last time she saw him, he was at the very far end of the room with that gorgeous black haired. “Thank you. You don't look bad yourself.”

Stefan grinned and asked. “So, how does it feel to be the woman of the hour?”

Isabella shrugged her shoulders lightly. “Lightning hasn't struck me down yet so it's still good.”

Stefan laughed out and noticed the jewelry she had on. “Wow, I do have a good eye for the good stuff, don't I? The necklace looks very good on you.”

Isabella felt her cheeks pinken. She hoped that Stefan didn't think much of it that she wore the jewelry he got for her on their last dinner date. They just happened to match well with the dress she wore. “Oh, thanks. I thought it would be a waste if I didn't wear it especially since you got it on a charity fund-raising.”

“Uh--” Stefan scratched the back of his head. “About that—I sort of lied about the fund-raising thing. I knew you wouldn't accept them if I told you the truth. There was no charity auction that day.”

“Stefan!” Isabella gasped. It was the truth though. If she had known that he bought them for her without reason then she wouldn't have accepted them. “I hope you turn to stone with your lies.” She tried to sound stern but the boyish look on Stefan's face made it quite hard to be upset with him.

“I'm sorry, Isabella but I knew I had to get them for you. No one else could ever do them justice and I was right.” Stefan eyed the necklace and ran a finger on the jewels.

Isabella pursed her lips. She felt the heat of his fingers radiating onto her skin and cleared her throat. “I will forgive you this one time.”

Stefan grinned. “Thanks.”

Isabella breathed in and asked. “Isn't Liam coming today? He is, after all, part of the partnership?”

“He didn't tell you?” Stefan frowned as he sipped his drink. “He's having a business dinner with a potential client. He called me several hours ago to tell me.”

Isabella felt her heart drown in its own liquids. “Oh.”

So much for dressing up for him! Who was she kidding? Did she expect that just after a short session with him in his office they were officially dating? She knew Audrey and him were officially over but that didn't mean he was suddenly turning to her! Business dinner my foot! How many times did she hear that excuse being used between the businessmen who went out in search of new play toys?

She remembered how they parted in the elevator. He was concerned that people were attacking her because of him which meant the only way he was going to try and protect her from it was to try and push her away. Isabella was done being pushed away only to be pulled back when he felt like it!

“Anyway, come—I want you meet someone.” Stefan took her hand and placed it on the crook of his then bee-lined his way through the crowd towards the mysterious black haired woman Isabella noticed talking to him earlier...

Liam looked down at the document the woman in front of him handed him and all he could think about was hurting someone! Isabella didn't deserve this. She didn't deserve having her name tarnished because of his scandalous past. Back then, it didn't matter to him what had happened back then because he didn't think he had anything to lose but now that she was in his life and she was in love with him, he discovered he had so much to lose more than ever.

He wasn't a man to believe in ghosts but the heaviness he felt on his shoulders was as if Thomas Stanford leaned on him waiting to see what decisions he was going to make.

“You never had ex-girlfriends who would want to take revenge on you in the past...what wrong move did you do this time to make Audrey this mad?” Christy corked her eyebrow at him.

Liam ground his teeth. “Has this already reached the tabloids?”

Christy sighed tiredly. “I don't know. I don't know how to make this go away, Liam. Tell me what to do.”

Liam placed the folder on the table in front of him and took his glass of whiskey. “I'll take care of this by myself. There are people in this world that need to be reminded on who to Tango with and who not to.”

“I don't like that look, Liam. What do you plan to do?” Christy sat up from her chair, her eyes dark with concern.

She had every right to be concerned because he planned to make sure Audrey wasn't going to bother Isabella again. He looked forward to seeing her that evening. Now he knew she dressed up for him and he looked forward to seeing what she came up with that evening. If Christy didn't sound so urgent on the phone then he would have simply ignored her and gone to the dinner.

He wondered if she looked for him the moment she arrived at the dinner. He wondered who she was chatting with at that moment and if it was another man trying to flirt with her. The thought made his body tremble with anger. He needed to go and make sure she was okay.

“Until this moment, I know you have some sort of relationship with Isabella but if I don't know what it is I can't help you.”

“I didn't ask for your help but I want you to take the week off. Go do something until next week after my meeting with Miguel.” Liam got up and fished out for his keys.

Christy stuttered. “But--”

“It's an order, Christy. You don't but an order.”

Christy clamped her mouth shut and nodded softly.

Liam smiled softly and saluted to her. “Have a great week, Christy.”

“You too.” Christy wasn't even certain if any of them were going to have a good week.

Isabella was happy to meet Clarette Beaudoin, a wealthy French investor for the company. She looked very much interested in Stefan and he returned the favor. She looked untouchable with her black straight hair, her pixie face with large blue eyes and plump red lips. She was tall and slender. She didn't need to flaunt out for someone to know she was loaded.

Clarette talked to Isabella for a little while. She talked about France and her little estate up in the mountains while Stefan went to mingle with the men and Isabella had never been more thankful to him. Stefan knew how miserable she was going to be without Liam being there and so he thought to destract her with the talkative Clarette.

She looked over to him and when he turned to his face to her, she mouthed thank you. He winked softly at her and turned back to Malory.

Isabella realized that whether she liked it or not, these two men were always going to be there in her life. One was her guardian angel who always looked after her, made her comfortable and always knew what she wanted before she talked and the other was the dark lover who made her blood boil and her heartbeat accelerate, who made her think of things so wicked she sometimes blushed quietly just by the thought of them!

“By the way, when you get the time, you should come down to France and visit me.” Clarette's eyes beamed with excitement as she placed her hand on Isabella's.

Isabella felt a little at ease with the woman. For once the rich and spoiled was not trying to scratch her wrists or warn her to stay away from the boys. “I will definitely do that--”

“How about in two weeks' time?” The dark velvety voice came through and Isabella's heart leaped to her throat.

She turned and there he was, standing like he usually does with a drink in his hand. She didn't know just how much she had missed him until she saw him there! She wanted to run into his arms and just stay there for the night. “What?”

“We have a business trip to Italy this weekend and one to France next weekend.” Liam greeted Clarette with a small smile and a nod and turned to Isabella. “How about it?”

Isabella felt her mouth dry up. I weekend in Italy with him brought all sorts of fantasies in her head. “I didn't know we were going to Italy for the weekend.”

“It was only me in the beginning but when Miguel found out about the partnership, he personally asked that you joined him at his house in Italy for the weekend.” Liam assured her then didn't give her time to talk and turned to Clarette. “It's been a while, Clarette. I hope you are well.

“I'm as well as you see me.” Clarette smiled lightly with her French accent getting more and more pronounced by the moment. “Stefan tells me you had a business dinner. I hope it has gone good.”

Isabella watched as Liam's eyes darkened dangerously then he looked down at his drink and she knew something was awfully wrong.

“I always get a business deal done.” Liam stated just as Stefan returned to the crowd.

“Hey.” He greeted Liam.

Liam nodded at him and grasped Isabella. “If you'll excuse us. I have something to share with Isabella.”

Both Stefan and Clarette nodded and Liam took Isabella away from the crowd.

“What happened?” Isabella quickly asked once they were alone.

Liam turned to her and frowned. “The way you worry about me reminds me a lot of my Nana and the last thing I want to do right now is think about her when I'm with you.”

Isabella clasped her mouth closed and felt a blush creep up her cheeks. “I'm sorry.”

Liam smiled and touched her cheek. “I was glad that you were talking to Clarette when I entered because I didn't want to see you laughing with another  man instead.”

“You are a very insecure man, Liam.” Isabella teased lightly loving the feeling on his fingers as they brushed against her ear and cheek pushing a lock behind her ear.

Liam's eyes darkened. “I don't share.”

Isabella's eyes widened. “What are you saying? Are you staking claim on me, Liam?”

“Are you just getting that vibe now? I staked my claim long before. You are mine—no one else's.” Liam assured her.

Isabella swallowed hard. She should be upset that he was treating her like some sort of possession. She wanted it to churn hard in her stomach to the point that she felt nauseated but instead she felt an overwhelming relief that Liam really wanted her. “But you just can't claim me like some piece of furniture or land.”

Liam grinned and Isabella felt a faint. This man was remarkable. It was funny how just that one grin could communicate so much to her.

“Ladies and gentlemen, dinner is served.” A beautiful lady came out and smiled at everyone then turned to Malory and accepted his hand before leading everyone towards the big dining room littered with all sorts for foods.

As Isabella moved around Liam to sit on the other side, he grabbed her hand and pulled her back to his side.

“Don't run away from me, Belle. Not tonight.” Liam said.

When she looked up at him and saw that confused look in his eyes, she wanted to do anything he asked. He looked lost and Isabella concluded that whatever happened that evening before he came did not go well. She squeezed his hand light and smiled. “I will never run away from you no matter how much you chase me away.”

Even when they settled down and began to eat, Liam kept Isabella's hand in his under the white table cloth while he ate with his other one. Isabella should have been happy because of this but she was very worried about what happened.

Dinner ended quickly and Isabella went to say her thank yous and her good byes to several people before she made her way towards Stefan, Clarette and Liam standing at the entrance. She didn't have to wonder who was taking her home tonight because Stefan and Clarette looked like they had some unfinished business to discuss that night. Christoph was still trying to get hold of her father's cars but after ten years, Isabella thought it was best to get new ones.

“Are you ready?” Liam asked her when she got closer.

Isabella nodded. “Yes.” Then turned to Clarette. “It was great meeting you, Clarette.”

“I was talking to Liam and I think we should do lunch before you leave for Italy and before Stefan goes to Japan.” She turned to him a smiled affectionately.

“Thursday afternoon sounds nice.” Stefan quickly answered.

Isabella smiled and nodded. “That would be great.”

Clarette clapped her hands together. “Fabulous.”

“We better get going.” Liam suddenly said looking down at his watch.

“See you guys tomorrow.” Stefan reached forward and embraced Isabella whispering. “If this jerk doesn't behave tonight, you have my number.”

Isabella coughed back a laugh and turned away quickly, avoiding Liam's dangerous look. “Goodnight.”

They all headed out and Stefan and Clarette were the first to leave.

“I'm spending the night at your place tonight.” Liam stated so casually it was as though he was asking about the weather.

Isabella turned to him in surprise. “It's becoming a habit now, isn't it?”

“What other choice to I have? You chose to move out.” Liam said as the car came up.

He opened the door for her and once she was cosily settled in, he went to the driver's side and drove off.

“Are you going to tell me of what really happened tonight?” Isabella asked.

Liam sighed softly. “It's nothing I can't take care of.”

“Does it have to do with me?” Isabelle peered at him.

It took Liam a moment to answer and within those several seconds Isabella concluded that indeed it had something to do with her. “You shouldn't worry yourself about this. In the world that we live in, situations like these are expected to happen.”

Isabella pursed her lips. She recalled her confrontation with Audrey and the warning she gave her. If it was true that Liam was only using her then would he have staked his claim on her? Maybe he did love her in his own way. She anticipated spending the night with him. She wanted to feel his warm hands around her, holding her until she fell asleep.

A light brush of fingers touched her cheek. She turned to him and smiled. He smiled back and turned to watch the road. Tonight was the night she had been waiting for, for such a long time and finally she was going to have Liam. She couldn't wait!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 179 32
Isabella Blaire is 19 years old and ready to take on the world. After taking a year break after graduating high school it is time for her to step out...
462K 9.9K 51
Axel Brown was not particularly approachable. With a cold interior and a deadly stare he'd scare those who get to close away. So what was so differen...
36.9K 1K 17
Being a golden girl with daddy issues, Ari Hale gets caught up with the exquisitely handsome Mason Walsh who doesn't like to get close to people. Som...
1.3M 41.1K 36
In this sequel to Falling Helplessly, Miles and Isabella find each other again. It's as if they're meant to be. What will the future hold for them? ...