The New Fire Expert ( Jelsa...

By melantha123

It’s fire station 313. Jack Overland is well known young firefighting chief in Burgess. He is daring and cari... More

Characters
Prologue
1 The Road Called Life
2 Ending or a Beginning
3 The Meaning of Fire
Merry Jelsa Christmas!
4 Fire that Burns You
5 Lift the Cat on Table
6 She's in Town
7 Friendly Ghost
8 A Suggestion
9 Messing Around
10 Odd Events
11 Ghostbusting and Adoptions
12 Modern Fairy Tale
13 Burning Liquid
14 Girl Trouble
15 Passing Away
16 The Awakening of Sleeping Heroes
17 Beating Heart
18 Feeling Hurt
19 Modern Snow White
20 Proposal
21 The Connection
22 The End?
23 Secrets to Know
24 Winter 4
25 Movies are Heart Crushing
A/N All about private
M.I.M MEL
26 Hooked
28 Obsessed Minds
29 Choices of Life
30 Dream of Something Better
31 Monday the Sick-minded Day
32 Hate is Poisonate
33 The Denial
34 Voice Inside the Brightness
35 Do Memories Hurt?
36 One 'A' Going Down
37 The Ones We Love
38 Damaged Sisters
39 The Plan of Y
40 Friendships Last
41 Glowing Flames
42 Yokai
43 Long Story
Epilogue
Final Words
After 8 years

27 Remember?

5.6K 275 137
By melantha123

POV Elsa

Anna is staring at me, tapping her foot on the floor and keeping her hands crossed. "Elsa, you sure that you have a place to stay?"

"Yes I do. I can't be hanging around in your apartment anymore," I smiled as I threw my bag over shoulder. I had been here for one week already. I left from Frost's apartment when he moved back. Yeah, they actually let him out of the hospital.

"Well, you'll be seeing me on Easter? Then I'm not so busy practicing for the summer play," Anna smiled and gave me a hug.

"Sure thing but I need to go to work already," I chuckled.

When I got into the fire station I heard some screaming and yelling. It was odd and once I got into the doorway which we use for the fire truck I peeked in.

I started coughing and spitting out of water since I got hosed. My body was dripping wet and I started gasping, the cold water had been sprayed straight into my face.

"Haha! Sorry!" Merida laughed behind of me and when I looked out for who the guilty was I saw Frost. He was whistling, hiding the hose that we use to wash the fire truck.

Then Frost rubbed his neck, flashing me that adorable smile of his. "Umm... sorry about that, Merida hosed me so I tried to avenge it. And...she ran behind of you," Frost mumbled and I stare at him. My jaw almost dropped. He was wearing a red hoodie, bright red like the fire truck. It was sticking against his chest.

"Shouldn't she be angry?" I heard Hiro whispering to Punzie. They were at the locker room door.

"Okay," I sighed and I walked past them all. He had been working for couple days already. Well, at least doing some minor things at the station since we got no emergencies that would need everyone, in our area.

"Okay?" Fros'ts voice raised. "Seriously, this is the first time that I don't get trouble with something," Frost laughed and I tried to ignore him. Torturing him, snapping something back. The mere idea of it was painful for me since it had become our thing, sort of. Now our thing was gone as well as he was. He might be here but he doesn't remember anything.

I went straight to sleeping room to change something dry on me. Just when I got my jacket off I heard someone clearing their throat. I turn around quickly.

"So I have this weird obsession over ice cream, I just need to eat it. Tons of it. I brought some here to work for everyone and thought that you want some too and - OH GOD!"

It was Frost. I watch as he managed to slam an ice cream cone straight into his eye. Then he started cursing and he handed me the other cone from his hand.

"No thank you," I sighed and turned around.

"F-fine," he mumbled and I see him walking out. It was weird.

Then I turned myself back around and I stare myself from the mirror. My cheeks heat up. Why did I choose a white t-shirt today? He had seen... seen.. through the wet shirt. Quickly I changed the shirt and in silence I went back downstairs.

I see how Frost is sitting on a chair while Punzie is cleaning his face up. "Ouch!" Frost groaned.

"That's what you get from stuffing ice cream into your eyes anyway," Punzie sighed and Frost started laughing which made Punzie slap his chest.

My eyes met his and I see how he looks at me with puzzled expression but he smiled faintly. I turn myself around and go to coffee room. Facing him at the moment isn't an option.

Suddenly alarm started ringing and we all rush at the fire truck.

I bumped into him, Frost looks at me curiously and then I realize. He's the chief, not me.

"Sorry," I muttered as I stepped out of his way. This is the first time that he came with us.

"It's okay," he hummed as he climbed in the truck. I ran to the other side and go in the back where the rest of the guys sit. I put on my yellow helmet, since I'm now one of the team, not the team leader. Everyone stares at me oddly and I hide my face by looking down at my knees. Before that I glanced quickly to the front seat.

Frost had now the fireman suit, he was buttoning up his jacket while chatting to the radio. Then he turned around.

"A bus has been got off from road. Some people are stuck so let's get them out," Frost told us. Everyone yelled 'Yes' in excitement and I joined with my quiet one.

Merida parked the car and we evaluated the situation. A bus had fallen to its side on the ditch. Frost gave orders what to do. My job was to go inside the bus and help the people out. After when Hiro and Merida would have gotten the escape route window broken.

Hiro came in with me to the bus. One by one we started lifting the people out. Merida and Frost were helping the people from the escape route as I and Hiro got them out of their seats and to that route.

"She's the last one," Hiro said as he pushed a girl up. Her arm was stretched. Gladly there were no bigger injuries than just cuts, bruises and minor fractures.

"Give me your hand," Frost told to me but I took a step back.

"You go first Hiro," I mumbled and Hiro glances at me weirdly. He mouthed something concerning to my powers and I shrugged.

"Jack, I'm coming up first," Hiro shouted and grabbed to Frost's hand. I climbed up with the help of the chairs.

"Good job," Frost cheered as we started climbing down from the bus. I see how Hiro and Merida slide down.

Then I heard a voice like from a fan. Frost seems to hear something too, he starts to look behind us.

"Oh shit.." Frost mumbled. "RUN!" He shouted and grabbed onto my back. He is pushing me forward and Hiro started running with Merida after they heard Frost's yell. I managed to see a glimpse of a fire that was going on around the bus. It had caught fire which was going towards gas tank.

Then I heard a loud explosion and in an instant I felt something touching me. The blast wave made me lose balance when I tried to turn around and watch.

My back hit on the ground and my ears were ringing. Few seconds later I notice that Frost is laying on top of me, not moving. My heart beat increases as I reach to remove his helmet. I pull it out and his silvery white hair is covering partly his closed eyes.

"Frost?" I whispered and my hand runs through his hair. His arms are around me. It's like he is sleeping.

"Frost.. please.. wake up," I whispered and then I felt him flinch. His eyes flickered open and I sighed from relief.

"What the heck happened?" He mumbled. His eyes locked with mine and he seems like he is in some sort of dream state. He planted one single slow kiss on my forehead. He started blinking like craze after pulling himself further away, he seemed confused and then he let go of me. The minty scent of his was fading away.

"OH MY GOD! Are you both alright!" Punzie came to us. She had this concerned look.

"Yeah, I am ," I smiled to her. Frost is rubbing his head still quite confused looking.

"Me too," Frost grinned and looks at me. It made me stand up quickly and walk my way to fire truck.

POV Jack

After working day I was heading to my parents place. It has been odd to think of that I had been sleeping for a long time. How everyone abandoned their hope and then this random stranger appears, starts visiting me and pays my hospital bills. Then this stranger happens to be a coworker of mine who avoids me.

I ran across the street while carrying my guitar. Now I had finally enough strength to start playing again.

"JACK!" Emma cheered and ran to me. I wrapped my arm around my little sister.

"Hey Emma," I whispered and she started dragging me to her room. I shrugged my shoulders to my parents as we passed the living room.

She had set up a chair for me already and I rolled my eyes at her.

"C'mon! I've waited for ages for my birthday song!" She said anxiously.

"Fine, " I hummed and gave her a smile. "Even though I seriously dislike playing their songs," I mumbled as I started tapping the first chords.

"But I love Onedirection! " Emma giggled and I laughed a bit and shook my head.

"Yeah, I know," I hummed and then I closed my eyes.

I grinned to Emma's reaction as I started singing. She has never heard me singing before.

"Written in these walls are the stories that I can't explain
I leave my heart open but it stays right here empty for days

She told me in the morning she don't feel the same about us in her bones
It seems to me that when I die these words will be written on my stone

And I'll be gone gone tonight
The ground beneath my feet is open wide
The way that I been holdin' on too tight
With nothing in between

The story of my life I take her home
I drive all night to keep her warm and time
Is frozen (the story of, the story of)
The story of my life I give her hope
I spend her love until she's broke inside
The story of my life (the story of, the story of)

Written on these walls are the colors that I can't change
Leave my heart open but it stays right here in its cage

I know that in the morning
I'll see us in the light upon your ear
Although I am broken, my heart is untamed still

And I'll be gone gone tonight
The fire beneath my feet is burning bright
The way that I been holdin' on so tight
With nothing in between

The story of my life I take her home
I drive all night to keep her warm and time
Is frozen (the story of, the story of)
The story of my life I give her hope
I spend her love until she's broke inside
The story of my life (the story of, the story of)

And I been waiting for this time to come around
But baby running after you is like chasing the clouds

The story of my life I take her home
I drive all night to keep her warm and time
Is frozen

The story of my life I give her hope (give her hope)
I spend her love until she's broke inside (until she's broke inside)
The story of my life (the story of, the story of)

"

Emma gave me her applauses after I finished and I bowed to her. Then she seemed serious.

"What?" I laughed.

"Well, should I really believe that the girl, Elsa, was just your friend as you told us?" Emma raised her eyebrow as she bounced on the bed.

"Yeah because that's how it is," I laughed my reply. Actually she's not even friend of mine, even though I try to get to know her. She just does her best to avoid me. I might be a jerk sometimes, I admit that but she doesn't even know that! Or.. maybe Merida has told her some nasty secrets. Normally I get new friends easily but she's tough.

"Jack?" Emma sighed.

"Mm?" I asked.

"What are you thinking?" Emma sounded curious.

"Some stuff," I said as I stood up. I gave her a hug and I left her to continue studying. Now she was tangled with math so I couldn't help.

I went into living room to sit with my parents. We chatted about my work and other things. Gladly they took in the news about me being single quite well just a while ago.

"We're happy that you decided to visit us today!" My mother cheered all of a sudden.

"I've been here every day when I got out from the hospital," I sighed.

"Yes!" My mother laughed and I roll my eyes while laughing. Then my father leans over.

"How you been feeling son? You've missed months worth of medication," he whispered.

"Alright I guess," I shrugged. Then I glance at the time.

"Well, I need to go now but I'm coming again tomorrow. I still need to organize some of my stuff back to their places," I grinned. I gave them both a hug and then I ran to say my sister good bye.

As I went out I felt the cool air against my skin. It was rather chilly evening and I lift collar up from my coat. Over ten years ago I couldn't have gone out in a weather like this. As I was walking on the dark streets I kept on thinking, thinking of things that have happened.

How I one winter's day was home alone, I was just 8. It was fun, to play out in the snow. The joy lasted for about five minutes until the first symptoms appeared. White spots were spreading over my cheeks but I didn't care since building a snowman was something that I always wanted to do.

I cross the street again and I look at the small park area where I was building the snowman that day. The symptoms got worse soon after the spots appeared and spread. My skin started itching and my neck swelling. The snowman was almost finished and when it was finished, on that moment I fell to ground. I was unable to breathe, unable to move. However I admired the first snowman that I ever made while my world was getting blurry from not being able to breathe. I just layed on the ground.

Then my mom came back home, noticing that I was gone. Soon she realized where I had gone and she ran to me with an epi-pen. She hit it to my chest, injecting it straight into my heart. It was enough to bring me back that day but my parents were furious, mainly because they were scared for me.

The event only made my cold allergy go worse. Even a little chilly weather and damp air was enough to give me symptoms. I was on my way to die, since I could get sick easier.

That was when my parents worked even harder for the treatment for this rare condition of mine. Soon they presented the drug to me. They said that it might kill me as well but I wanted to become the first test subject to that drug. I just kept thinking of that day when I played in the snow, building a snowman and how I wanted to do it again. No matter what happened, I wanted myself a chance to do it again.

Finally I was at home and I closed my door while taking my coat and shoes off. I walk to living room and I jump to my couch. Then I glanced quickly at the orchid that was resting over the desk. I brought it with me from the hospital.

While leaning back on the couch I lift my hand in front of my face. I'm waving my fingers in the air while my lips narrow, pressing tightly against each other.

I remember the conversation that me and dad always had. The lecturing of my health became a worry-filled conversation as they kept track of how the drugs were effecting on me. About the side effects and how my sickness was doing. Today he wanted to know how I was doing, mainly because I have missed months worth of medication while being on coma.

I told him that I'm fine.

Quickly I wave my hand in the air and I start to laugh. The snowflake is flying around my apartment.

I faked it all, the way I had forgotten my abilities. So my parents wouldn't freak out.

This was way too awesome to be worried about, I knew it as a kid. They don't need to know that now I remember these side effects from back then.

Once I woke up from my coma I had froze the sink in hospital's bathroom. I was scared, freaking out at first. Thinking that there's something wrong with me. However soon I started to remember my past, how I was experimented on and I had little problems. Or my parents classified this control over winter's powers and flying as powers. To them it was abnormal but for me, this is perfect. I wasn't normal to begin with, I was doomed to die because of my illness.

I see this a way to be free.

A/N:

I hope that chu like this chapter!! What POV u want next?

Umm..

@FrostHiroRazer_14 and I have started a new fanfiction on his account.

It's called The LOVE Set-Up (Jelsa) . We both write it and we have roles in the book as siblings. Jelsa will be involved in the book.

Check it out? xD

PS. Freezeyaheadoff .... hurrry! xDDD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.8K 3.2K 33
The fate of the world rests on the shoulders of five young impressionable teenagers, all from five vastly different worlds. And all chosen by the Man...
128K 4.6K 27
Elsa, Hiccup, Merida, and Rapunzel are recruited to join the Guardians and team up with Jack Frost to become the Big Five. The Guardians are a group...
1.9K 162 19
||DISCONTINUED|| Our story takes place in Arendelle, 5 months after Elsa has became Queen. But things have been troubling our Queen lately... New ene...
2.6K 146 37
(Book 1 of the Lost Series!) Hiccup the Inventor. Jack Frost the Guardian. Rapunzel the Dreamer. Merida the Fighter... Hiccup, the boy who tamed ever...