Corrupted soul

By ameliaalockwood

✦ "It hurts." She whimpers underneath me, her eyes squinting shut. "You can take it." I reply whilst one of... More

Intro
Character aesthetics
1. Delaynie
2.Moles
3.'Americans'
4. Dinner
5. Pure
6. Redeeming
7. Nothing
8.child
9. Women
11. Aleksandro
12. Malachi
13. Escape
14. Hurt
A/N PLEASE READ
15. Easy
16. 'Baby'
17. Again
18. Father
19. Memories
20. Mateo
21. Picnic
22. Marking
23. Caliban
24. Capitalism
25. Drunk
26. Change
27. Torture
28. Scars
29. Death
30. France
31. Abelino
32. Alessia
33. Hair
34. Food
35. Clubs
36. Hell

10. Italy

84K 1.4K 1.2K
By ameliaalockwood

(Please read the A/N at the end.)

We walk down the stairs of the plane, the rest of them waiting for us. "Where's Ashton?" Merick asks noticing that only me and Drystan came out of the plane.

"Dead. He was annoying anyways." I shrug whilst greeting Amelia and Ryen.

"It was Dris wasn't it?" Ryen asks whilst we walk towards the limos, I look at him and nod. "Where did you shoot him?" He turns to drystan who was walking beside me.

He smirks, "The dick, then the head." He says smugly and they exchange a handshake.

I roll my eyes and lift my sunglasses to my head, pushing back my hair as I sit inside the limo, it was matte black and lit a red colour. There were two rows of seats, in the middle there was an alcohol crate.

There were bottles placed in a large bowl of ice and glasses surrounding it on a table. Amelia sits beside me, Merick, Hadeon, Klara and braxton sitting opposite us whilst Ryen and Drystan sit beside Amelia.

The car begins to move and I lean back closing my eyes for a second before I'm interrupted by Drystan.

"We will go to my house first, get our weapons and then to the hotel to catch him before he leaves to steal the shipment. Klara will you be joining us?" He starts, Klara shakes her head.

"I don't get involved in this stuff." She elaborates and he nods, I don't blame Klara for not wanting to be a part of the business.

"Hadeon, Braxton and Merick you guys go to the warehouse incase his men get there. Our men are already guarding the area, but send some of yours there aswell. Me, Delaynie, Ryen and Amelia will go into the hotel. Men will be outside every exit." He states, I reach forward and pour myself a drink. Downing it in a few seconds.

I lean my head back again closing my eyes for a second. His lips caressing mine, sucking his thumb.  Stop.

Every time I attempt to clear my mind, the kiss invades it. Overtakes my mind.

For fucksake Drystan! I've known you for like two days!

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

After a half an hours drive and ten minutes of sleep we arrive at his house, through the window I spot the large grey gates sliding open slowly.

The car is stopped in front of what looks like the entrance to his house. The car door slides open and they all step out of the car, me last as I sat further away.

I step out of the limo and flash the driver a smile before turning myself to Drystan's mansion.

It was huge to say the least, a fountain in the centre of the courtyard with a large pond around it, the roofs of the house black. The small but wide staircase led us to the main entrance of his house.

It was beautiful.

"What do you think?" Drystan asks me whilst everyone starts to walk up the stairs.

"Only seen the exterior yet." I drawl out not giving him the advantage of a compliment, he rolls his eyes as we start to walk up the stairs, the doorman opens it as we walk in.

The floor was made of bronzed floorboards, grand stairs are set on the left and right of the room with black fences. A large chandelier on the ceiling, I'm assuming this is the living room.

On the further right of the room, couches lay in a square. One large one then one at the left and one on the right.

"It's very... black." Amelia comments and I snicker whilst Drystan stays unamused.

"If you keep frowning, your face will stay like that." I let out the snarky comment which I attempted to hold in for a very long time.

"Arsenal is this way." Drystan ignores me and starts to walk up the stairs.

Excuse you.

"Rude bastard." I mutter understand my breath.

I know I said that the deal was off but I can't bring myself to make it official right now, we need him now and we are getting Aleksandro today so the deal will come to an end anyways. Then what's the point it breaking it now?

He leads us to the weapons room. Pretty basic, stacked shelves, tables, doors. Our men and his take their choice of weapons and start to walk out of the room.

"Get what you need." He says, I scan the room and my eyes land on the pretty bats. With spikes.

I strode over and pick a larger one than I would normally, then guns and knives along with a small black sphere which has a skull labelled on it.

It'll do.

I pick up a belt with multiple holders and slide it into the straps of my pants, tucking in my guns and knives. I then grab ahold of a thigh strap, crouching on the floor to tie it.

"Need some help?" I roll my eyes up and see Drystan staring down at me, all geared up.

"From a man?" I scoff, "Never." I turn my attention back down to the strap on my thigh and secure it by myself.

What is men's problem and thinking that women need help all the fucking time?

A woman is perfectly capable of wrapping something around her leg.

Men want to feel wanted in everything, they want to feel more like a 'man' if the help out a woman. Dumbasses.

We don't work for everything by ourselves just so that a man can come along and feel the need to help us.

Fucking men.

I stand back up to my feet and rub my hands together as I tie my hair into a ponytail. "You just going to stare or get Aleksandro?" I brush past him waking away but his hand takes a grip on my wrist.

"So deals not off?" He asks.

"Deals off when I say it's off." I yank my hand and break loose of his grip. "And if you ever. Ever. Even lay a finger on me without my permission, I'll cut every singe one off and shove it up your ass." I seethe whilst rolling up the sleeves of my shirt.

"Didn't know you were that kinky darling, if you want to fuck me just say so." He retorts back smugly, I search his face for a few seconds trying to spot something worth of redemption.

Nothing.

"I can not wait until I can kill you." I say before waking away from him and towards Amelia.

"So.. how was the plane ride." She drawls out I roll my eyes.

"Normal." I say.

She gasps, "Ya'll fucked!" She exclaimed way too loud, I slap my hand onto her mouth to shut her up.

"We didn't fuck, just kissed. Once. It was nothing." I whisper shout as I retreat my hand from her face.

"So you didn't feel anything?" She asks for confirmation.

I felt those sparks I had seen in his eyes the night we went to see Isabella but this time instead of seeing them, I felt them. All over my body.

I don't have time to create myself more weaknesses.

Kissing Drystan would lead to feeling things and feelings lead to caring and caring leads to enemies trying to get to me by killing people I care for.

"I felt absolutely nothing." I say firmly, Amelias gaze flickers behind me and I turn my head.

Drystan stands there, face slightly dropped but he covers it up fast as he spots me staring back at him.

"Can I help you?" I ask him, I know I sound like a bitch most of the time but he needs to think that I still hate him.

"Just came here to say that the cars ready." He states and then walks off.

I want to say I feel bad but I don't, I feel no remorse for him.

"Broke his heart, bless." She fakes a sad face and then giggles, I plaster an amused smile.

We stroll towards the car and I sit at the back with Amelia whilst Drystan drives. The car ride is short and silent, nearly awkward.

He parks it on the street and we walk out of the car. "Parked here so no one recognises the car. This way." He strolls down the road until we come to a stop in front of the hotel.

"Room 214." He tells us whilst pushing open the door as we walk inside, straight to the elevator.

A few stares are sent our way probably from what we are wearing. We don't exactly look like we are on a vacation and deciding to stay in a hotel.

The elevator stops at one of the floors and the doors slide open, we stride towards the room, 200. 210. 213. 214. Finally.

Drystan points to his gun initiating that we take them out, I pull out mine. He waves his hand left signalling that we stand back, I take a few steps back and he kicks the door with all his force twice.

"DON'T MOVE OR WE'LL SHOOT!" He shouts as we point our guns in every direction. A few men in suits are loading their guns, they snap their heads towards us.

I scan through the faces, no Aleksandro. "Fuck!" I shout before taking out my gas, "Get out of the room." I tell them and they hesitate. "Now!" I shout and they run out of the room, pulling the pin of the sphere and throwing it at the men before covering my nose and mouth with the inside of my elbow.

I turn on my heel to walk out of the room but then I hear a gun shot. I run out and slam my back against the wall beside the frame of the door cocking my gun.

I pull my shirt over my head and fold it into a long rectangle. I tie it around my nose and face, stepping in front of the entrance to the room.

"Delaynie don't go in!" Drystan warns but I ignore him. "Stay here." I order them as I walk inside, white gas surrounds the room and one of the men tries shooting at me again, I doge it looking around the room to find where it's coming from.

The men collapse to the floor from the gas as I step further inside, my shirt does not help much with the gas but I need to do this.

I walk towards the bathroom door and open it, a man jumps crawling out of the window. "NO!" I shout running towards the window to see who has jumped.

Aleksandro.

He rolls onto his back on the floor.

He looks back up at me with a smirk, "Stop all of this and just come with me." He shouts so I can hear him. We're only on the second floor but it's still high for someone to jump off.

I shoot my gun down multiple times, I hit him. His arm.

I run out of the bathroom and shoot every man laying on the ground, smashing them with my bat to make sure they are dead and then I drop the bat.

"He's outside." I tell them whilst running towards the elevator, it's taking too fucking long.

"Shot his arm." I tell them whilst running towards the stairs. I run as fast as I can and skip a few on my way down.

Finally I reach the bottom floor and run out of the hotel looking around for Aleksandro, he escaped.

Fucksake.

The rest of them come out behind me. "You said you had men at every exit." I say to Drystan.

"I do." He replies back.

"Then where the fuck are they?!" I shout loosing my temper, He starts to walk towards me.

"Probably going after him?" He says calmly acting as if it's all okay. I walk towards him and stop when a few inches of distance are between us.

"We'll get him." He says softly, trying to reassure me. I raise my hand and slap his cheek, hard.

"Why the fuck are you mad at me for?!" He snaps, rubbing his cheek.

"You said that there would be men everywhere!" I shout again. "Where the Fuck are they?! We were so close to getting him Drystan!"

I take a breath and spin on my heel, walking down the road and searching for him by myself. For all I know he could be on the way to the airport right now.

I leave them calling out for me and carry on walking, I don't know my way around here.

I think I've been waking for about half an hour now, down sketchy streets. Abandoned alleyways surrounding me.

I hear voices talking and carry on following the sound until I can hear them clearly.

"Why don't you just ransom me? Merick will for sure give the money." A voice speaks out, a familiar voice. I walk towards it and hide behind the wall as I listen in.

"Good idea Braxton." Braxton, Amelias father, my uncles right hand man. Here talking to someone about a ransom.

A trusted man.

I peak my head for a second to get a look of who he's talking to, two other men stand. Russians, I can see their tacky snakes.

Braxton's talking to them one has his back faced to me. Braxton standing behind the two men. "Then we can switch for Delaynie." One of the men turn their heads for a few seconds.

I swear I saw blonde hair. I need a better look at who it is.

"Yeah so you call them now and tell Merick your offer, we are so close to getting her Aleksandro." Braxton says sounding excited.

He's the mole.

Not Vanessa, Braxton.

It doesn't add up, why would he betray Merick after all this time? Why would he betray me?

So this is what you get for trusting someone, for caring about them.

The other man beside the blonde turns his head back, Aleksandro. I'm positive.

I turn back behind the wall hoping they didn't see me.

"Well. Well. Well, if it isn't the infamous Enchantress." Shit.

*****

I just want to talk about the comments I've been getting mentioning the story Over My Dead Body. Things like 'this is the remake of over my dead body', 'knock off version of over my dead body'

First of all that book is not the only enemies to lovers book, there are many. Just because the mc's of this book don't like each other it doesn't mean I'm copying her book.

Allegra and Ace had been personally trying to kill one another for years. Drystan has sent men to kill Delaynie. Not himself trying.

I don't appreciate negative comments and I'm literally a second away from deleting this book.

I write as a hobby not professionally.

Anyways love those who send me positive comments. I love Rebelle Fleur's work and I am not copying it in any way.

Whose ur least fav character?
Word count 2520*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

541 36 10
I stepped into the doorway, turning back to look at him as he tucked his hands into his navy blue jean's pockets. Despite my obvious insecurity, I le...
81.4K 1.4K 59
I lean upwards towards his ear breathing softly. "your mean." I murmur as I swallow a whine he clearly heard. His delish smirk appears "No" he shake...
12M 363K 38
__❤︎ The Maid and the Mafia King ❤︎__ Losing her father at the age of 20, Bella started to search for jobs. Not to mention, she already was doing 2 j...
757K 17.3K 48
MATURE CONTENT: some may say a smut overload EDITING/REWRITING One night. A night filled with passion and longing. The annual ball has finally come...