𝙎𝙚𝙧𝙚ð™Ģ𝙙𝙞ð™Ĩ𝙞ð™Đð™Ū

By tomdayasbvtch

𝙎𝙚𝙧𝙚ð™Ģ𝙙𝙞ð™Ĩ𝙞ð™Đð™Ū- 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑜𝑐𝑐ð‘Ē𝑟𝑟𝑒𝑛𝑐𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑑𝑒ð‘Ģð‘’ð‘™ð‘œð‘ð‘šð‘’ð‘›ð‘Ą 𝑜𝑓 𝑒ð‘Ģð‘’ð‘›ð‘Ąð‘  𝑏ð‘Ķ 𝑐ℎ𝑎... More

prologue: that night
characters
part one
ðķℎ𝑝.1: 𝙒ð™Īð™Ē𝙚ð™Ģ 𝙞ð™Ģ 𝙒𝙝𝙞ð™Đ𝙚
ðķℎ𝑝.3: ð˜ŋ𝙚𝙖𝙙 𝙞ð™Ģ ð™Đ𝙝𝙚 𝙒𝙖ð™Đ𝙚𝙧
ðķℎ𝑝. 4: 𝙋𝙝𝙖ð™Ģð™Đð™Īð™Ē 𝙏𝙧𝙖ð™Ŧð™šð™Ąð™šð™§
ðķℎ𝑝.5:𝙏𝙚𝙚ð™Ģ 𝙍ð™Ī𝙜𝙊𝙚
ðķℎ𝑝. 6: ð˜―ð™Ąð™Īð™Ī𝙙ð™Ū 𝙈𝙖𝙧ð™Ū
ðķℎ𝑝.7: 𝙑𝙖ð™Ģ ð™ƒð™šð™Ąð™Ļ𝙞ð™Ģ𝙜, 𝘞 ð™Ąð™žð™Đð™šð™§ð™–ð™Ą ð™Ąð™šð™œð™šð™Ģ𝙙 ð™Ĩð™Đ 1
ðķℎ𝑝.8: 𝙑𝙖ð™Ģ ð™ƒð™šð™Ąð™Ļ𝙞ð™Ģ𝙜, 𝙖 ð™Ąð™žð™Đð™šð™§ð™–ð™Ą ð™Ąð™šð™œð™šð™Ģ𝙙 ð™Ĩð™Đ 2
ðķℎ𝑝.9: 𝙑𝙖ð™Ģ ð™ƒð™šð™Ąð™Ļ𝙞ð™Ģ𝙜, 𝙖 ð™Ąð™žð™Đð™šð™§ð™–ð™Ą ð™Ąð™šð™œð™šð™Ģ𝙙 ð™Ĩð™Đ 3
ðķℎ𝑝.10: 𝙎𝙠𝙞ð™Ģ
ðķℎ𝑝.11: 𝙃ð™Īð™Ī𝙠 𝙈𝙖ð™Ģ
ðķℎ𝑝.12: ð˜―ð™Šð™œð™Ļ
ðķℎ𝑝.13: 𝙃ð™Īð™Ē𝙚
ðķℎ𝑝.14: 𝘞ð™Ļð™Ūð™Ąð™Šð™Ē
ðķℎ𝑝.15: 𝙎𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙚𝙘𝙧ð™Ī𝙎
ðķℎ𝑝.16: 𝙁𝙖𝙞ð™Đ𝙝
ðķℎ𝑝.17: 𝙍ð™Ī𝙊ð™Đ𝙚 666

ðķℎ𝑝.2:𝙒𝙚ð™Ģ𝙙𝙞𝙜ð™Ī

183 11 43
By tomdayasbvtch

This chapter is dedicated to -idiotsandwich for the lovely comments she left and for giving me the motivation to finish this chapter.

We were on our way to blackwater ridge, Sam gasped awake making us look at him.

"You okay?" Dean asked.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine." Sam told him.

"Another nightmare?" Dean asked, Sam cleared his throat and looked in front of him.

"Want to drive for a while?" Dean offered to Sam. Me and Eddie looked at each other with wide eyes before looking back at them.

"Woah." Eddie said, shocked at dean's offer.
Sam looks at dean and chuckles, I looked at dean in disbelief.

"In your whole life, you never once asked me that." Sam stated.

"Just thought you might want to. Never mind." Dean said. I let out a noise of disbelief making dean look at me with confusion.

"You offer him to drive your car but when I ask you nicely to drive your car and I've stuck with you, no offense Sam, and you immediately tell me no?" I asked him, a little offended.

"Wrong, wrong, that's so wrong. You drove baby in 2003 and you are a crazy driver. I will never forget how carsick I got and I don't get carsick." Dean told me as he looked between me and the road.
"That's why every time you ask me to drive baby, I say no." Dean added.

"Whatever." I mumbled before looking back outside.

"Look, man, you're worried about me. I get it, and thank you but I'm perfectly okay." Sam told Dean.

"Mm-hmm." Dean let out, clearly not believing Sam.

"All right. Where are we?" Sam asked as he grabbed the map.

"We are just outside of grand junction." Dean told him.

"You know what? Maybe we shouldn't have left Stanford so soon." Sam stated.

"Sam, we dug around there for a week. We came up with nothing." Dean said.
"If you want to find the thing that killed Jessica..." he trailed off.

"Got to find dad first." Sam finished dean's sentence.

"Dad disappearing and that thing showing up again after 20 years? It's no coincidence. Dad will have answers. He'll know what to do." Dean stated.

"It's weird, man. These coordinates he left us, this blackwater ridge..." Sam trailed off.

"What about it?" I asked.

"There's nothing there. It's just woods. Why is he sending us to the middle of nowhere?" Sam asked. I looked between them as they exchanged looks.

┊┊❁ཻུ۪۪♡ ͎. 。˚   °

Ranger station

"So blackwater ridge is pretty remote. It's cut off by these canyons here-rough terrain, tense forest, abandoned silver and gold mines all over the place..." Sam said as he looked over the map.

"Dude, check out the side of this friggin' bear." Dean stated. We turned to see him looking at a picture of a guy with a big dead bear.

"Woah." Eddie said, amazed at the picture.

"And a dozen or more grizzlies in the area. It's no nature hike, that's for sure." Sam added as he stood next to dean.

"You boys and lass aren't planning to go out near blackwater ridge, by any chance?" The ranger asked making us turn towards him.

"Oh, no, sir. We're environmental-study majors from U.C. Boulder-just working on a paper." Sam told him.

"Recycle, man." Dean said, raising his fist in the air before dropping it.

"Bull." The ranger stated. We got nervous and waited for him to continue.

"You're friends with that Hailey girl, right?" He asked.

"Yes. Yes, we are, ranger...Wilkinson." I said

"Well, I will tell you exactly what I told her. Her brother filled out a backcountry permit saying he wouldn't be back from blackwater until the 24th." He informed us.
"So it's not exactly a missing persons now, is it? Tell that girl to quit worrying. I'm sure her brother's just fine." He added.

"We will." I said.

"Well, that hailey girl is quite a pistol, huh?" Dean said.

"That is putting it mildly." Ranger Wilkinson stated.

"Actually, you know what would help is if I could show her a copy of that backcountry permit. You know, so she could see her brother's return date." I said, walking up to him.

┊┊❁ཻུ۪۪♡ ͎. 。˚   °

After getting the information we needed, we walked out of the station.

"Yeah. Heh. Heh." Dean chuckled.

"What, are you cruising for a hookup or something?" Sam asked.

"What do you mean?" Dean asked.

"The coordinates point to blackwater ridge. So what are we waiting for? Let's just go find dad. Why even talk to this girl?" Sam said.

"Maybe we should know what we're walking into before we actually walk into it." I told him.

"What?" Sam asked Dean whom was staring at him.

"Since when are you all "shoot first, ask questions later?" Dean asked.

"Since now." Sam stated before sitting in the drivers seat. I opened the back door for Eddie.

"Oh, really?" Dean asked himself, i arched my brow before both of us went to our seats.

┊┊❁ཻུ۪۪♡ ͎. 。˚   °

Hailey's house

Hailey saw us as she opened the door.

"You must be Hailey Collins. I'm Dean, this is Sam, and Daniella." Dean introduced us.

"We're rangers with the park service. Ranger Wilkinson sent us over. We wanted to ask you some questions about your brother Tommy." I told her.

"Let me see some I.D." Hailey said.

"Oh." I said before showing her my badge. She examined it before looking at me. I smiled at her, putting it away.

"Alright, come in." She said, opening the door for us.
"That yours?" She looked at baby than glanced back at me.

"N-"
"Yeah." I interrupted dean.

"Cool car." She said, walking further in the house. I turned and smiled mockingly at dean whom gave me a "really" look. I walked to where Hailey and who I'm guessing is her other brother were.

"So, if Tommy's not due back for a while, how do you know somethings wrong?" Sam asked.

"He checks in every day by cell. He emails photos, stupid little videos. But we haven't heard anything in over three days now." Hailey informed us.

"Well, maybe he can't get cell reception." Sam told her.

"He's got a satellite phone, too." Hailey added.

"Could it be he's just having fun and forgot to check in?" Dean asked.

"He wouldn't do that." Hailey's little brother snapped.

"Our parents are gone. It's just my two brothers and me. We all keep pretty close tabs on each other." Hailey told us. There was a pregnant pause until Eddie broke it.

"Excuse me, miss. Hailey?" Eddie asked, grabbing everyone's attention.

"Yes?" She said.

"Can I have some of that, please" he said, pointing to the dinner she made.

"Um, sure." She said before making him a plate.

"Thank you." He said with a smile. She smiled at him.

"Can I see the pictures he sent you?" Sam asked. She agreed and brought her laptop out.

"That's Tommy." She stated as she clicked on a picture of him.

"This is his last message." She said, clicking on the last video.

"Hey, Hailey. Day six. We're still out near blackwater ridge. We're fine, keeping safe, so don't worry, okay? Talk to you tomorrow." The video ends.

"Well, we'll find your brother. We're heading out to blackwater ridge first thing." Dean tells her.

"Then maybe I'll see you there." Hailey said walking away from the laptop. Dean, Sam, and I exchanged glances before looking at Hailey.

"Look, I can't sit around here anymore, so I hired a guide. I'm heading out in the morning, and I'm gonna find Tommy myself." She stated.

"I think I know how you feel." Dean and I simultaneously said. We glanced at each other before he looked at Hailey. They just stared at one another.

"Hey, you mind forwarding these to me?" Sam asked, breaking their eye contest. She looked at Sam and nodded her head.

┊┊❁ཻུ۪۪♡ ͎. 。˚   °

Bar and grill

We researched about the missing people who went to blackwater ridge and by we I meant mostly Sam. Eddie was quietly coloring in his coloring book.

"So, blackwater ridge doesn't get a lot of traffic-local campers mostly-but, still, this past April, two hikers went missing out there. They were never found." Sam informed us.

"Any before that?" Dean asked.

"Yeah. In 1982, eight different people all vanished in the same year." Sam said, giving Dean a newspaper. I leaned closer to look over the newspaper.

"Authorities said it was a grizzly attack. And again, in 1959, and again, before that, in 1936-every 23 years, just like clockwork.
Okay, watch this. Here's the clincher." Sam said, I looked at the laptop in front of me.

"I downloaded that guy Tommy's video to the laptop. Check this out." Sam added. I saw something quickly flash as the video played.

"Do it again." Dean said. Sam played it again but slower.

"That's three frames. It's a fraction of a second. Whatever that thing is, it can move." Sam said.

"I told you something weird was going on." Dean stated after he hit Sam's arm.

"I'm pretty sure I told him that." I told Dean.

"No, I did." Dean countered. We had a staring contest, I noticed how close we were and could feel his breath fanning my face.

"Whatever." I said, backing up a little. My heart for some strange reason was beating erratically.

"Yeah, I got one more thing." Sam said, closing the laptop, grabbing our attention.

"In '59, one camper survived the supposed grizzled attacking, just a kid-barely crawled out of the woods alive." Sam added.

"Is there a name?" I asked. Sam just gave me a "what do you think" look.

┊┊❁ཻུ۪۪♡ ͎. 。˚   °

After letting us in, Mr. Shaw was walking towards his living room as he told us his story.

"Look, ranger, I don't know why you're asking me about this. It's Public records. I was a kid. My parents got mauled by a-"
Shaw got interrupted by Sam.

"Grizzly? That's what attacked them?" Sam rhetorically asked. Shaw got a quiet for a minute before nodding his head.

"The other people that went missing that year-the bear attacks too?" Dean also asked. Shaw looked away from us as he smoked his cigarette.

"What about all the people that went missing this year? Same thing?" I asked this time. Shaw was still quiet.

"If we knew what we were dealing with-we might be able to stop it." Dean said.

"I seriously doubt that. Anyways, I don't see what difference it would make. You wouldn't believe me. Nobody ever did." Mr. Shaw told us, he sat down on his chair.

"Mr.Shaw...what did you see?" Sam gently asked him as he walked closer. Shaw let out a sigh before answering.

"Nothing. It moved too fast to see. It hid too well. I heard it, though. A roar...like no man or animal I ever heard." Shaw told us.

"At night? It got inside your tent?" I asked.

"It got inside our cabin. I was sleeping in front of the fireplace when it came in. It didn't smash a window or break the door-it unlocked it." He told us about that night.

"Do you know of a bear that could do something like that? I didn't even wake up until I heard my parents screaming." He added.

"It killed them?" Sam asked.

"It dragged them off into the night." Shaw stated.

"Why it left me alive-I've been asking myself that ever since." Shaw added. There was a pregnant pause until Shaw spoke up again.

"It did leave me this, though." He lowered his shirt and showed his scars on his left collarbone. The claw marks were wide and long. I took a deep breath as I stared at it. I felt Eddie squeeze my hand, I squeezed his hand in reassurance.

"There's something evil in those woods. It was some sort of demon." Shaw said. There was silence until Sam broke it.

"Thank you Mr. Shaw for giving us the information we needed." Sam said. Shaw nodded his head.

"Yeah, we'll get out of your hair now." Dean told him. Mr.Shaw walked us to the door and opened it, Sam and Dean walked out. Before I could walk out, I felt Eddie let go of my hand which made me stop and turn to see what he was doing. He walked up to mr. Shaw and looked up at him.

"Don't worry, mr. Shaw. We'll get the monster that hurt you." Eddie told him.

"Thank you." Mr.Shaw said, cracking a small smile. Eddie smiled back at him before coming to me.

"That was very kind of you." I told Eddie.

"I learned from the best." He said. I smiled at him and kissed his head. We walked out of the apartment to where Sam and Dean were waiting for us.

┊┊❁ཻུ۪۪♡ ͎. 。˚   °

We were walking down the hallway and discussing about the creature.

"Spirits and demons don't have to unlock doors. They just go through the walls." Dean stated.

"So it's something else-something corporeal." Sam said.

""Corporeal?" Excuse me, professor." Dean said.

"Shut up, what do you think it is?" Sam asked.

"The claws, the speed that it moves-it could be a skinwalker, maybe a black dog." Dean told him

"Whatever we're talking about, we're talking about a creature and it's corporeal which means we can kill it." I said.

When we reached baby, Dean opened the trunk and started assessing weapons.

"We cannot let that Hailey girl go out there." Sam told us.

"Oh, yeah. What are we going to tell her? She can't go into the woods because of a big, scary monster?" Dean rhetorically asked.

"Yeah." Sam said. Dean and I both looked at him.

"Her brother's missing, Sam. She's not just going to sit this out." I told him.

"No, we go with her, we protect her. And we keep our eyes peeled for our fuzzy predator friend." Dean stated. He grabbed our duffel bag that's now filled with the weapons we need.

"So, finding dad's not enough. Now we got to babysit too?" Sam said, closing the trunk. Dean just stared at Sam while I'm awkwardly looking around.

"What?" Sam asked.

"Nothing." Dean said, throwing the duffel bag at Sam who caught it.

"Glad that's over with, now let's go." I said, getting inside the car. Eddie slid in and laid down, putting his lead on my lap.

┊┊❁ཻུ۪۪♡ ͎. 。˚   °

After sleeping a few hours, It's morning now and we're on our way to blackwater ridge. We saw Hailey, Ben, and the guide as we reached them. Dean parked the car, him and Sam got out.

"Eddie. Eddie. Wakey, wakey." I softly said as I gently shook him awake. He sat up and rubbed his eyes.

"Where are we?" Eddie asked.

"Blackwater ridge." I told him. I got out and held the door open for Eddie.

"Who are these guys?" The guide asked. I closed the door and walked up to Sam and Dean.

"Apparently, this is all the park service could muster up for a search rescue." Hailey told him.

"You're rangers?" He asked in disbelief.

"That's right." Dean said.

"And you're hiking out in biker/heeled boots and jeans?" Hailey asked us.

"Well, sweetheart, I don't do shorts." Dean told her, moving past them.

"And I don't do shorts on the job." I said, following dean.

"Oh, you think this is funny? It's dangerous backcountry out there. Her brother might be hurt." The guide said, looking at us. Me and dean looked at each other before looking back at the guide.

"Believe me, we know how dangerous it can be. We just want to help them find their brother. That's all." Dean told him. We walked where Sam and Eddie were.

┊┊❁ཻུ۪۪♡ ͎. 。˚   °

Walking behind Dean with Eddie clenching my hand.

"Roy, you said you did a little hunting." Dean said, starting conversation.

"Yeah, more than a little." Roy said.

"Uh-huh. What kind of furry critters do you hunt?"

"Mostly buck. Sometimes bear."

"Tell me, uh, Bambi or yogi ever hunt you back?" Dean continued to walk forward but Roy roughly pulled him back. I tensed up a bit and I could feel Eddie tense also. I watched their interaction carefully.

"What you doing, Roy?" Dean asked. Roy let go of him, walked forward and struck his stick to the ground. A bear trap suddenly snapped shut, Roy walked back to dean with a smug look.

"You should watch where you're stepping...ranger." Roy said, continuing to walk forward.
Dean just got served ha, I thought to myself.

"It's a bear trap." He dryly chuckled, looking behind him. We proceeded to catch up to Roy.

"You didn't pack any provisions. You guys are carrying a duffel bag. You're not rangers, so who the hell are you?" Hailey asked as she walked with us. She stopped Dean and I. We looked at Sam who gave us a nod.

"Go with Sam, we'll catch up." I told Eddie. Ben walked past us and Sam waited for Eddie whom walked up to him and held his hand. After they walked away, Dean and I started to talk.

"Sam and I are brothers. And we're looking for our father. He might be here, we don't know." Dean told her.

"I'm Dean's partner/best friend and Sam's best friend." I told her.

"I just figured that you and me, were in the same boat." Dean told Hailey.

"Why didn't you just tell me that from the start?" Hailey asked us.

"I'm telling you now. Besides, it's probably the most honest I've ever been with a woman...except for Elle." Dean stated.

"So, we okay?" He asked her. She looked between us for a minute.

"Yeah, we're okay." She said.

"And what do you mean I didn't pack provisions?" Dean rhetorically asked, he pulled out a bag of m&m's with a smile. He walked away, leaving Hailey and I to stare at him.

"Come on." I told her with a smile, we walked to catch up to the rest.

┊┊❁ཻུ۪۪♡ ͎. 。˚   °

We were walking when Roy spoke up,

"This is it, blackwater ridge."

"What coordinates are we at?" Sam asked.

"35 and minus 111." Roy said after checking. Sam was looking deeply in the woods, Dean and I walked up to him.

"Do you hear that?" Dean asked.

"Yeah. Not even crickets." Sam said.

"I'm gonna take a look around." Roy stated.

"You shouldn't go off by yourself." Sam told him.

"That's sweet. Don't worry about me." Roy told him, walking past us. I rolled my eyes.

"Alright, everybody stays together. Let's go." Dean said, looking mainly at Ben and Hailey. We started to follow Roy.

┊┊❁ཻུ۪۪♡ ͎. 。˚   °

"Hailey! Over here!" Tommy's voice shouted. We started to run to figure out where it was coming from. We arrived at a campsite which most likely was Tommy's. It was trashed and there was blood on the tent.

"Oh my god." Hailey let out as she took in the site in front of her. Dean and I investigated to look for clues.

"Tommy?" Hailey asked.
"Tommy! Tommy!" She shouted her brother's name.

"Shh! Shh!" Sam shushed her.

"Why?" Hailey asked him.

"Something might still be out there." Sam told her.

"Sam! Elle!" Dean shouted. Sam, Eddie and I walked to where Dean was and crouched beside him.

"The bodies were dragged from the campsite." Dean told us
"But here, the tracks just vanish. It's weird." He added, pointing to where there were no tracks.

"I tell you what, it's no skinwalker or black dog." I told them, walking back to where Hailey, Ben, and Roy were. I saw Hailey looking at something so I walked over to her to see she was looking at Tommy's satellite phone that was broken. She sniffled making me look at her.

"Hey, he could still be alive." I told her. Hailey and I just stared at each other until a cry of help broke it.

"Help! Please! Somebody help me!" A man cried out. Everyone was sent in a frenzy, chasing the sound of this man's voice. We stopped at a clearing waiting to hear the voice again.

"It seemed like it was coming from around here, didn't it?" Hailey asked.

"Everybody back to camp." Sam said. When we got back to camp our stuff was gone.

"Our packs!" Hailey exclaimed.

"So much for my gps and my satellite phone." Roy said.

"What the hell is going on?" Hailey asked.

"It's smart. It wants to cut us off so we can't call for help." Sam stated.

"You mean someone-some nut job out there just stole our gear." Roy countered.

"I need to speak with you two...in private." Sam quietly told Dean and I. We followed Sam, we were far away from Hailey, Ben, and Roy.

"Okay, let me see dad's journal." Sam said. Dean gave him john's journal in which Sam started flipping through it till he stopped.

"Alright...check that out." He told us, passing John's journal back to us. It was the wendigo page.

"Oh, come on. Wendigos are in the Minnesota woods or northern Michigan. I've never even heard of one this far west." Dean stated, giving John's journal back to Sam.

"Think about it Dean-the claws, the way it can mimic a human voice." I told Dean.

"Great. Well, then this is useless." Dean said, holding his gun up. Sam pressed John's journal into dean's chest as he started to walk back. Dean grabbed on too the journal.
"We got to get these people to safety." Sam told us.

┊┊❁ཻུ۪۪♡ ͎. 。˚   °

"Things have gotten more complicated." Me, Dean, and Eddie heard Sam say when we arrived at the clearing.

"What?" Hailey asked, confused.

"Kid, don't worry. Whatever's out there, I think I can handle it." Roy told Sam.

"It's not me I'm worried about. If you shoot this thing, you're just gonna make it more mad. We have to leave now." Sam said.

"One, you're talking nonsense, two, you're in no position to give anybody orders." Roy said, starting to get angry.

"Relax."
"Back off." Dean and I simultaneously told Roy.

"We never should have let you come out in the first place. Alright. I'm trying to protect you." Sam said.

"You protect me? I was hunting these woods when your mommy was still kissing you goodnight." Roy said, stepping closer to Sam. Me and dean exchanged unsure looks before looking back at Sam and Roy.

"Yeah? It's a damn-near-perfect hunter than you. It's smarter than you. And it's gonna hunt you down and eat you alive unless we get your stupid sorry ass out of here." Sam told him.

Roy chuckled, "You know, you're crazy, right?"

"Yeah? You ever hunt a wen-"
Dean cut Sam off by pushing him away from Roy.

"Cut it off." He told Sam, pointing his finger at him with a stern look.

"Roy! Stop it. Everybody just stop." Hailey said.
"Look, Tommy might still be alive. And I'm not leaving here without him." Hailey added. We all looked at her.

"It's getting late. This thing is a good hunter in the day. But an unbelievable hunter at night." Dean stated.

"We'll never beat it-not in the dark. We need to settle in and protect ourselves." I told them, walking away with Eddie.

"How?" Hailey asked.

┊┊❁ཻུ۪۪♡ ͎. 。˚   °

Nighttime

Dean was drawing Anasazi symbols in the dirt by the tent while I was drawing them a little away from the fire.

"One more time-that's-" Hailey started.

"Anasazi symbols. It's for protection. The wendigo can't cross over." I told her, standing up after drawing the symbols. Roy started to laugh, clearly not a believer.

"Nobody likes a skeptic Roy." Dean said, standing next to me. He gently nudged me making me look at him. He nodded his over to Sam who was sitting by himself. He walked over to Sam and sat next to him while I sat in between Ben and Hailey with Eddie sitting on my lap.

3rd POV

"You want to tell me what's going on in that freaky head of yours?" Dean asked Sam.

"Dean..." Sam trailed off.

"No you're not fine. You're like a powder keg, man. It's not like you. I'm supposed to be the belligerent one, remember?" Dean told him.

"Dad's not here. I mean, that much we know for sure, right? He would have left us a message, a sign, right?" Sam said.

"Yeah, you're probably right. To tell you the truth, I don't think dad's ever been to lost creek." Dean said.

"Than let's get these people back to town, let's hit the road...go find dad. I mean, why are we still even here?" Sam asked. Dean let out a sigh before he sat across from Sam, he took John's journal.

"This is why...this book. This is dad's single most valuable possession. Everything he knows about every evil thing is in here. And he's passed it on to us. I think he wants us to pick up where he left off-you know, saving people, hunting things...the family business." Dean said.

"That makes no sense...why-why doesn't he just call us? Why doesn't he tell us what he wants, tell us where he is?" Sam asked.

"I don't know. But the way I see it, dad's given us a job, and I intend to do it." Dean told him.

"Dean...no. I gotta find dad. I gotta find Jessica's killer. It's the only thing I can think about." Sam stated.

"Okay. All right. We'll find them I promise. But, listen Sam, you've got to prepare yourself. I mean this search could take awhile and all that anger, you can't keep it burning over the long haul. It's gonna kill you. You got to have patience, man." Dean told him.

"How do you do it? How does dad do it?" Sam asked. Dean looked to the right than Sam again.

"Well, for one, them." Dean said. Sam looked to the right and saw Hailey and Ben sitting together by their tent, Dani and Eddie still by the fireplace roasting marshmallows.

"I mean, I figure our family's so screwed to hell with the exception of Elle and Eddie, maybe we can help others. It makes things a little bit more bearable." Dean said.

"And I'll tell you what else helps...killing as many evil sons of bitches as I possibly can." Dean added. They both smiled at each other.

1st POV

"Help!" A voice cried out, making everyone stand up and huddle together. Dean and Sam came over.

"Help!" A voice cried out again.

"It's trying to draw us out. Just stay cool. Stay put." Dean said. Without realizing, I stood closer to dean, holding Eddie close to me.

"Inside the magic circle?" Roy mockingly asked making Dean look at him.

"Help!" Growling sounds emerged. Roy was firing his gun to where he thought it was.

"Aah!" Hailey screamed making us turn towards her. Roy fired his gun, hitting the wendigo.

"I hit it!" Roy exclaimed, chasing after it.

"Roy, no!" Dean shouted. He stared after him before turning to me.

"Stay with them." He told me, chasing after Roy with Sam in tow. Hailey holding a torch stood closer to me along with Ben. It was quiet till we heard a scream, scaring Hailey, Ben, and Eddie while making me tense with worry.

After a few minutes went by we heard rustling come closer to us. Dean and Sam showed up, unharmed. I sighed in relief. I noticed Roy wasn't with them which led me to believe that Roy was the one who screamed.

"Where's Roy?" Hailey asked them. Sam and Dean shared a look before looking back at Hailey.

"He didn't make it." Dean told her while Sam solemnly shook his head.

"Oh my god." Hailey said.

┊┊❁ཻུ۪۪♡ ͎. 。˚   °

The morning

After getting a little shut eye everyone was up. Dean, Eddie and I were by the camp with Hailey and Ben meanwhile Sam was sitting by a stump a little away from us.

"I don't...I mean, these types of things-they aren't supposed to be real." Hailey stated.

"I wish I could tell you different." Dean told her.

"How do we know it's not out there watching us?" Ben asked.

"We don't." I told him.

"But we're safe for now." Dean added.

"How do you two know about this stuff?" Hailey asked, looking between us. Dean and I glanced at each other before looking at her.

"It kind of runs in the family." Dean said.

"Yeah...what he said." I awkwardly said, we stood up walked to Sam.

"So, we've got half a chance in the daylight.and I for one...want to kill this evil son of a bitch." Sam stated.

"Well, hell, you know I'm in." Dean said.

"I'm itching to kill this thing." I added.

┊┊❁ཻུ۪۪♡ ͎. 。˚   °

"Wendigo is a Cree Indian word it means, "evil that devours."" Sam stated.

"They're hundreds of years old. Each one was once a man, sometimes an Indian or other times a frontiersman or a minor or hunter." Dean said.

"How's a man turn into those things?" Hailey asked.

"It's always the same. During some harsh winter, a guy finds himself starving, cut off from supplies or help-becomes a cannibal to survive, eating other members of his tribe or camp." I told her.

"Like the donner party." Ben said.

"That's right.
Cultures all over the world believe that eating human flesh gives a certain person abilities-speed, strength, immortality." Sam said.

"If you eat enough of it. Over the years, you become this less-than-human thing. You're always hungry." Dean finished.

"So, if that's true, how can Tommy still be alive?" Hailey asked. Sam, Dean, and I exchanged looks, Sam nodded giving us the okay.

"You're not gonna like it." Dean told her.

"Tell me." Hailey said.

"More than anything a wendigo knows how to last long winters without food. It hibernates for years at a time. When it's awake, it keeps its victims alive. It stores them so it can feed whenever it wants." I told her.

"If your brother is alive, it's keeping him somewhere dark, hidden, and safe. And we got to track it back there." Dean stated.

"Than, how do we stop it?" Hailey asked.

"Well, guns are useless-so are knifes. Basically-we gotta torch the sucker." Dean told her, holding up a lighter and inflammatory spray.

┊┊❁ཻུ۪۪♡ ͎. 。˚   °

As we were walking, Sam stopped.

"Dean? Dani?" Sam called out.

"What is it?" Dean asked, when we walked up to him. Sam pointed to the trees making us look and notice they had claw marks on them.

"You know, I was thinking that those claw marks, so clear and distinct..." Sam chuckled
"...they were almost too easy to follow." He concluded.

All of sudden, growling could be heard. We looked around to try and find where it was coming. Hailey screamed making us look at her, she jumped out of the way when something came crashing.

I picked Eddie up, shielding him from seeing Roy's dead body. Sam and Ben went to Hailey while Dean checked Roy's body.

"You okay?" Sam asked her.

"Fine." She said, clearly a little shaken.

"His neck's broken." Dean stated. We heard growling again.

"Run! Run! Go, go, go, go, go!" Dean chanted, causing us to run for our lives. An oomph was heard making me and Sam turn around to see Ben fell, we rushed towards him and helped him up.

"Come on, get up." Sam said. When Ben stood, we heard Hailey's scream and tensed. When we reached where her scream came from, there was nothing. No Hailey. No Dean.

"Dean!" Sam yelled.

"Hailey!" Ben screamed.

"Dean!" I shouted.

┊┊❁ཻུ۪۪♡ ͎. 。˚   °

"If it keeps its victims alive, why would it kill Roy?" Ben asked as we searched for Hailey and Dean.

"Honestly? I think Roy shot at it, he pissed it off." Sam told him. Ben crouched down and picked something up.

"They went this way." He said. We walked up to him, Sam took the m&m out of ben's hand and examined it. Sam let out a chuckle.

"It's better than breadcrumbs." Sam said, throwing it away.

"Thank god for m&ms." I told them with a chuckle. They smiled than we were off following the trail.

┊┊❁ཻུ۪۪♡ ͎. 。˚   °

We arrived at a mine site. Sam walked towards the entrance while Ben, Eddie, and I stopped and read the sign.

Warning! Danger!
Do not enter
Extremely
Toxic material

Eddie and I looked at each other with uncertainty than I looked at Ben who gave me the same look. We looked at Sam who just shrugged his shoulders with a "oh well" look before walking inside. We followed him.

As we were walking, we heard growling making us hide to the side. Ben was about to make a sound until Sam clamped his mouth shut. I felt Eddie hide his face into my stomach.
When the wendigo was gone we continued our search for Hailey and Dean. Sam and Ben stepped on a certain part of the mine and stopped when it made sounds, they looked down just as the ground collapsed. I winced when I heard them crash.

"Ugh!" I heard Ben shout.

"Hey, It's okay. It's okay. It's okay." I head Sam tell him.

"Sam! Ben! You guys okay?" I asked as I kneeled down looking inside the hole.

"Yeah, we're fine." I heard Sam say. I heard a cough making me tilt my head in confusion.

"Oh god." I heard Ben say.

"Guys? What's happening?" I asked them.

"We found Hailey and Dean." Sam said.

"Sam grab Eddie." I called out. I heard shuffling and saw Sams face.

"Okay, come on baby." I said, turning to Eddie. I held onto his arms and put him in the hole.

"You got him?" I asked.

"Yeah." I heard Sam say. I slowly let go of Eddie, he slid into Sams arms. Sam let him go and looked at me.

"I got it just go to Dean and Hailey. He nodded his head, rushing to them. I slowly eased into the hole, grabbing the edge before letting go. I hit the ground, I stood up and looked to my left to see everyone staring at me.

"Hey, a flare gun." I said with a smile, walking towards them.

"No shit." Dean said.

"I see you're okay." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Let's get out of here." Sam said.

┊┊❁ཻུ۪۪♡ ͎. 。˚   °

We were walking when we heard growling. We stopped.

"Looks like someone's here for supper." Dean said.

"We'll never outrun it." Hailey stated. Dean, Sam, and I exchanged looks.

"You thinking what I'm thinking." Dean said.

"Yeah."
"Yeah, I think so." Sam and I simultaneously stated.

"All right, listen to me, stay with Sam and Elle. They're gonna get you out of here." Dean told Hailey, Ben, and Tommy.

"Wait, what?" I asked, not thinking of that.

"What are you gonna do?" Hailey asked him. Dean winked at us than ran away.

"It's chow time, you freakin' bastard! Yeah, that's right. Bring it on, baby! I taste good!" Dean shouted as he ran. Growling could be heard. Sam was at the front while I was at the back watching their backs.

"Alright, come on. Hurry!" Sam said, making us follow him.

┊┊❁ཻུ۪۪♡ ͎. 。˚   °

As we made it to the exit, we heard growling yet again. Sam looked left and right before turning to the others.

"Alright, get him out of here." He told Hailey and Ben.

"Take Eddie with you." I told Ben.

"Sam, no!" Hailey told him.

"Mom, no!" Eddie said to me.

"Go! Go." Sam exclaimed.

"Yes, we'll be right out, I promise." I told Eddie, kissing his forehead before gently pushing him towards Ben. I watched as they made their way out.
Sam and I walked back and hid, waiting for the wendigo.

"Come on. Come on." Sam said under his breath. We heard a sound coming from our right. We slowly turned our heads around and saw the wendigo there. It roared at us which made us leap back and fall on our backs. Sam shot at it but missed. It backed away from us blinded by the flare.

We ran away towards Hailey and the others.

"Sam! Daniella!" Hailey exclaimed.

"Let's go!" I cried out.

"Hurry, hurry, hurry! Go!" Sam shouted, pushing them. It was growling and snarling which was scaring us.

We were blocked.

"Get behind me." Sam said, standing in front of us. I pushed Eddie behind me. The wendigo found us. It roared but before it could attack us. A voice interrupted it.

"Hey!" Dean shouted. The wendigo turned to him. I took out my flare gun and ducked under Sam's arm. I fired my gun at the same time Dean fired his. One flare entered the wendigo's chest while the other went through its back. It was sent to flames and falling to its death.

"Not bad, huh?" Dean said.

"Well, you could've came sooner." I told him with a shrug.

"Well, you could've shot sooner." Dean retorted. I rolled my eyes with a smile.

┊┊❁ཻུ۪۪♡ ͎. 。˚   °

Ranger station.

I was sitting on the hood of baby, Eddie was in the back asleep.

"So, really, I don't know how to thank you." Hailey said to Dean who decided to sit next to me, on my left. He gave her a smirk indicating something nasty.

"Must you cheapen the moment?" She asked with a smile.

"Yeah!" Dean exclaimed with a smile.

"Oh, he always does that. It's really annoying." I told her. Dean playfully glared at me while Hailey was smiling at us.

"You riding with your brother?" An EMT asked her.

"Yeah." She answered him. Sam and Ben came over to us.

"Let's go." She told Ben who nodded his head. She kissed Dean on the cheek.

"I hope you find your father." She said. He nodded his head. She gave me a hug which I wholeheartedly reciprocated. We separated, she started walking away.

"Thanks, Sam." She said as she walked into the ambulance truck. The doors closed as Sam sat next to Dean.

"Man, I hate camping." Dean stated.

"Me too." Sam and I simultaneously said.

"Sam, you know we're gonna find dad, right?" Dean told him.

"I know. But in the meantime...I'm driving." Sam said, looking at dean. Dean threw the keys at him which he caught.

"W-what? This is ridiculous. That's all I'm gonna say." I grumbled, sliding off the hood. We got in the car started driving away.

┊┊❁ཻུ۪۪♡ ͎. 。˚   °

Author's note: don't forget to vote and comment

Finally finished this chapter, phew!

I hope you guys liked this chapter.

Isn't Eddie just the cutest 🥰

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 36 17
(*COMPLETED*)This story is based on the amazing tv show 'Supernatural'. This story is called The Baby Winchester and it is about Deanna Mary Winchest...
101K 2.9K 17
You've lived in the orphanage for as long as you could remember. You had no idea what happened to your parents, but you've always been here. You've...
132 4 4
Orla Winchester was born into a world full of monsters and nightmares. When the nightmares start to bleed into her reality, Sam and Dean have to figh...
4.3K 178 13
- ͙ۊۊĖĨ˚┊❛ ð™Ūð™Ī𝙊 𝙘𝙖ð™Ģ'ð™Đ ð™Ļ𝙖𝙘𝙧𝙞𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙚 ð™Ūð™Ī𝙊𝙧ð™Ļð™šð™Ąð™› 𝙚ð™Ŧ𝙚𝙧ð™Ūð™Đ𝙞ð™Ē𝙚 ð™Ļð™Īð™Ē𝙚ð™Īð™Ģ𝙚 ð™˜ð™Ąð™Īð™Ļ𝙚 ð™Đð™Ī ð™Ūð™Ī𝙊 𝙙𝙞𝙚ð™Ļ! 𝙎𝙝𝙞ð™Đ 𝙝𝙖ð™Ĩð™Ĩ𝙚...