It Must be Love

By Spring_Campbell

After an accident, Kaeya is de-aged to a child. The people of Mondstadt have to break the spell that caused t... More

Little
Lively
Library
Lighthearted
Leaving
Light of day
Letdown
Lies
Letter
Learning
Lowground
Leverage
Labor
A/N (LOL, it doesn't start with an 'L')
Living Hell
Learning
Lack of faith
Leader/Leading
A/N (please read until the end)
Let's go
Lifting up
Losing
Lounging
Lather
Links
Leftovers
Let's chat

Love

3.2K 76 52
By Spring_Campbell

The suns rises making a beautiful sunrise. The colors of pink, blue and golden mix in the sky making it look more like a watercolor painting, not one of many of Mother Nature's beauties.

Kaeya wakes up in his bedroom in the Knights of Favonious Headquarters. Something he hasn't gotten to do in about a month with all the craziness he has been doing. With a big yawn and his arms pumped into the air, Kaeya wakes up and changes into his usual outfit. Putting on a pair of red earrings instead of his usalal blue ones. The red ones being a present from Diluc. He combs his hair with his hands making sure they look great and he opens the door to start another glorious day of being the Cavalry Captain of Mondstadt.

He walks down the grand staircase and says good morning to Amber who is also doing the same.

"Are those new?" She asks, noticing his new earrings. She looks at them in admiration and curiosity.

"Yup, they sure are."

"Who are they from?"

"It's a secret."

"What's a secret?" A little girl dressed in red asks, a bomb in her hand. "Klee wants to know."

"Kaeya's mysterious new earrings," Amber answers.

Klee looks at Kaeya's red earrings with wonder in her eyes. "They are very pretty. Klee likes the color red!"

A smile spreads on Kaeya's face as he sees his friend's face brighten out with happiness. "Would you like to join me on my patrol today?" Kaeya asks the red clad females.

"Sure!" they both say.

Kaeya continues to walk, now with Amber and Klee by his side and exits the Knights of Favonious Headquarters. They walk down to the city square where Albedo and Ella Musk were talking with a pyro hihlichurl near them listening to their conversation.

"—can talk to hilichurls? That's so cool!" Ella says jumping once with her excitement.

The quiet alchemist smiles, "Yes and no. I command hilichurls more than talk to them."

"So, does that mean you can understand Celi Boya?" Ella asks. The red hilichurl looks up at the mention of his name.

"Celi Boya, I am," the hilichurl speaks in broken english.

Kaeya joins the three under the alchemist. "I can also make hilichurls." He faces Celi Boya. "You're getting better at talking, Celi Boya," the Cavalry Captain compliments.

"Thank," Celi Boya says.

"Celi Boya y Ella want bring English to friends."

"That's right," Ella Musk says, stealing Kaeya's attention. "My father says that Celi Boya is technically an adult so I can go into the wild with him."

"That's great to hear."

"That reminds me," Amber says, cutting into the conversation. "I have to go tell people to stop destroying hilichurl camps. Jean says that they will be more like natural parks or private property to the hilichurl tribes. With this new alliance and communication, hopefully they will less hilichurl attacks."

"Amber, friend." Celi Boya says, taking her hand. Amber awkwardly smiles and laughs it off. "Sure. We can be friends."

"Do you want me to come?" Kaeya asks. "I could help with the communication."

"Yeah, I think that would help," Amber admits.

And off they went into the wild. Amber had a marked map where most of the hilichurl camps were or at least the ones which caused the most trouble with Modstadt and traders. Slowly they made their way through each camp, talking and explaining in Hilichurlian that humans would not attack them or destroy their homes. We had fun being outside, but once a hilichurl tribe didn't like them so Kaeya had to take off his eye patch and create a leader to help the communication go smoother even if it was just forcing them into it. It would be better in the long run.

After the interaction, Kaeya decided to give his eyepatch to the hilicuurl tribe as a gift. His light blue eye sparkled in the sun like an ice cube in cold water on a hot summer day.

As the sun begins to set, Kaeya says, "Well, I have to be off."

Amber, Ella, and Celi Boya said their goodbyes and continued their work.

Kaeya walked back to town, Diluc said that he had a surprise. It was his birthday today and no one remembered it. He normally would just celebrate it with himself. That's why he wore the earrings Diluc gave him earlier. He told himself it was an early birthday present, but that was probably not true. Still, he was used to it.

He decides to see his brother for his birthday, which was at Angel's Shares.

As he scrolled into Mondstadt, it seemed that no one was awake. Most is not all of the lights were off. It is only the sun set, but Kaeya thinks it strange that no one had lights flicking so they could be outside.

He passes Flora's Flower Shop with the little girl missing from it. 'It's past her bedtime,' he reasons. All the older merchants that normally were on that street were also gone. 'There is no one to sell to,' reasons Kaeya. Finally he reaches his destination, nothing out of the ordinary here, Dimwit was waiting outside.

"Mondstadt seems to be quiet today," Kaeya comments nonchalantly, but he is curious as to the man's response.

"So it seems," Dimwit says. "Business isn't doing that well today. Only Diluc's in there now cleaning glasses."

A smile spread in Kaeya's face. At Least the rest of his birthday would be spread with someone he loves.

Opening the tavern door, it was really dark which made Kaeya think that Diluc had already left which then made him really confused. Then the door shut behind him, making the Cavalry captain jump a little. He was about to lit a match to have something to see but the sound of a match striking against a match box was heard. The fire was held by none other than Diluc.

"Diluc?" Kaeya says confused. What was happening?

"SURPRISE!"

All at once, light flooded the room and with it, all of Mondstadt. When his eyes quickly adjusted he noticed that they all had lamps and black or dark opaque cloth which previously covered them.

"A surprise? For my birthday?" Kaeya asks out of shock rather than confusion.

"Yes Kaeya," Diluc says waking up to his brother. "I know that you don't like to celebrate your birthday, but I thought that you might like one anyway."

With a big, cheerful smile on his face Kaeya thanks him saying, "This is the best birthday present ever. Thank you, Diluc."

A round of applause surrounds the birthday boy and his brother until someone says, "Who's ready for wine!?"

"I am!" Kaeya shouting the loudest which elicits laughter from everything around.

The rest of November 30th is spread with cake, laughter, and a lot of wine.

Diluc pulls Kaeya from his seat, excusing the both of them saying that he needs fresh air. Kaeya lets the red haired man drag him along, too gleeful to be mentally pulled on by the moment. The two pass the guests who have a glass or a plate in their hands and go up unto the spiral staircase. From the second floor, Diluc takes Kaeya outside, the bitter night sky sobering him up.

"It's beautiful," Kaeya says, looking up at the stars. The night sky was quite the sight to beyond with it's cold tones of dark blue, purple, and black with highlights of white and yellow. Truly a sight to behold.

"Yes it is," Diluc says, not looking at the night sky, but instead straight into his brother's multicolored eyes.

"Did you just call me beautiful?" Kaeya asks after knowing his stare.

"Yes," Diluc sasy with a conlimentary chuckle.

"I'd rather you use the word handsome," Kaeya says.

The two laugh together until Diluc grabs Kaeya's hands, kneeling down on one knee. "Kaeya..." Diluc starts a little unsure of himself. "Will you be my boyfriend?"

Kaeya stares at Diluc. They were once sworn brothers and then they broke apart. Kaeya was so sad after their fight. He indulged in alcohol to fight away the nightmares of that night. Diluc became a workaholic. Both of them grew into the roles. Both of them didn't talk to one another personally for years. How would this ever work out?

Diluc looks up at Kaeya and watches as a tear falls down and smacks him in the face. It felt just like the real thing. He had done something wrong.

"Did I do something wrong?" he stands up.

"No, you did nothing wrong," Kaeya says, wiping the forming tears from his eyes. "It's just..." He looks down at the wooden balcony floor. "I just don't want you to leave me again."

"Kaeya, you know that I will never-"

Diluc's sentence is cut short because of Kaeya... "I know," he says, taking a breath. "I won't let you get away from me again. My answer is yes."

There is only one way that people can stick together.

It must be love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.4K 2.7K 30
[RE-ATTEMPT OF KNIGHTS •KAEYA X READER X DILUC•] ||Random and Slow Update!|| "Let go of my brother, he's innocent." "How can you prove he is?" She bi...
2.8K 62 12
After a drunken one night stand, you end up pregnant with a child with Diluc Ragnvindr, a nobleman in Mondstadt. Since you were not ready or interest...
5.1K 306 43
GORE WARNING!!! Genshin Impact Spoilers!!! Albedo's Final Assignment is finally realized... This is the third book in a series, please go read Book 1...
53.2K 1.7K 19
༄༅ 𝘐𝘯𝘴𝘱𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘐𝘯𝘶𝘺𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘢 - 𝘢 𝘣𝘪𝘵 "Um... Kazuha?" "Hm?" "Say, why don't you try to esc...