King of hearts • d.sc

By lets_w1nw1n

"All I wanted was to lift the storm that raged in your heart." In which Winwin gets tangled up in the heart o... More

0
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
36
:)

35

1.3K 83 24
By lets_w1nw1n

🧋
———

Yoonbin's eyes stared in horror at the sight .

He had filled his store with cute christmas decorations and a mini tree, letting it be used for what he thought would be a small christmas party. But from what he could see, Binnie Cha had been turned into a nightclub.

"Hey...wow." Haneul's mouth falling agape as she walked into the shop, presents in hand. "This is...different."

"I came to pick up my siblings' presents, this was not what I was expecting." Yoonbin muttered, yelling slightly over the music.

Haneul smiled as she couldn't help but laugh at the sight of her friends dancing along to pumping music in the now dark shop, lit up by colour changing led lights that no one knew came from where. "Who is that hot guy fucking it up on the dance floor?"

"It's not even a dance floor, and that's your boyfriend Haneul." Yoonbin rolled his eyes.

"Oh really." She smirked. "I was blinded by his beauty."

"They are literally cheering his name." Yoonbin pointed out. Haneul's smile stretching across her face, as hearing him get hyped up the way he should was exactly what she wanted to see.

"-Winwin, Winwin, winwin, wi- Oh Sara's calling." Haneul pulled her buzzing phone out of her pocket, holding it out in front of her as she accepted the call. "Heyy Sara I've missed you so much." Haneul sobbed as she was met with her friends bright smile, waving through the phone.

"Same!" Sara cried. "But where the heck are you?"

"Believe it or not, we're in Binnie Cha." Yoonbin crouched down to the phones level, waving to his friend. "Our christmas spot that seems to have been taken over."

"Pfft you let them though." Haneul rolled her eyes.

"Wow I mean whoever they are seem to know how to have fun." Sara laughed. "I can't believe ya'll have replaced me already though."

"NOO we would NEVER." Haneul emphasised, holding the phone close to her face so her friend understood.

"You think we have the social capability of replacing you?" Yoonbin snorted. "I'm amazed these guys actually consider us friends -- YANGYANG YOU DID NOT JUST SHOVE A HANDFULL OF BOBA INTO YOUR MOUTH I- wait here --." Yoonbin hurried over to the boba bar to scold the kid.

"Yeah I- ACK."

Ten's loud laughter could be heard throughout the room. "IF YOU'RE GONNA CHOKE ON BALLS WHY DON'T YOU JUST--"

"Okayyyy." Haneul laughed as as she brought the phone away from the commotion, sitting over at one of the white tables. "So how's Aussie?"

"Boring, BUT WHAT IS EVEN HAPPENING THERE? DID I HEAR YANGAYNG??" Sara yelled. "ARE YOU PARTYING WITH YANGYANG?"

"Yeah..." Haneul trailed, looking at the crowd of idols in front of her, her soulmate popping his head out of the group to shine her a smile. "You've missed quite a bit.

"Hey." Winwin joined her at the table, giving her a kiss on the cheek before noticing the girl on the phone, her eyes wide.

"Yeah no shit." Sara blinked. "IS THAT FUCKING DONG SICHENG??!"

"You must be Sara." Winwin laughed.

"You know my name?? Haneul, he knows my name." Sara gasped in disbelief. "What is even happening?"

"He's my soulmate." Haneul explained as Winwin smiled, nodding along.

"Say what now." Her friend blinked. "Haneul what."

"Oh Sara I have a question for you." Winwin took hold of the the phone from Haneul's hand, the girl in the phone freaking out.

"Me? How? What did I do to deserve such an honour?" Winwin flipped the phone camera to the painting on the wall.

"Where did you get this photo?" Winwin asked as Sara tried her best to compose herself, squinting her eyes through the screen.

She hummed in thought. "I found it on our doorstep, apparently it was a housewarming gift from someone. I forgot who it was but it seemed like some sort of scam thing and that there might be a camera in it or something so I just put it there."

"Damn, Haneul and I are planning a trip there but we don't even know where it is." Winwin flipped the camera back to him as Sara stifled a gasp.

"I just want to say that you're absolutely stunning." Sara blurted. "But if y'all really want to go maybe turn it around, there might be a location written on it."

Winwin and Haneul shared a dumbfounded glance, watching purple lights float over their amused faces.

Placing Sara down, Winwin and Haneul each held an end of  the picture, lifting it off the wall and placing it upside down on the table. Giving each other a nod over the thumping music. the two simultaneously unhinged a side.

"Oh." Haneul's mouth fell open as her eyes lingered to the corner of the photo, the address clearly printed on it. Beside it was words written in her mothers usual cursive writing.

I hope this reaches you Haneul, if so, I am here. It is not hard to arrive, you just need one thing. One very powerful thing; and luckily I have provided it. -- mother

"Like what? Love or something?" Winwin scoffed, shaking his head as he took a picture of the address. "Is this something were supposed to answer or should we just go?"

"We just go." The now yellow light smoothed over the photo in the darkly lit room, giving notice to the envelop above it. Haneul picked it up, a small chuckle falling lightly from her lips. "Like she said, she had provided it." She opened it, giving Winwin a glimpe of  the stack of colourful cash notes.

"I guess we better start packing." He smiled.

📄
———

1 month later

"I hope my soulmate is pretty like Winwin gege." Jingwen cooed as the kid swiped through Haneul's camera role, ogling over the photos of the two together. "You guys are really cool."

"You think so?" Haneul sipped on her drink, still unable to get over the feeling of being just a customer at Binnie Cha.

"Of course!" Jingwen exclaimed, happily chewing on the pearls. "You both kind of had or have restrictions in life but you still make the most of it. I really admire that."

"Wah Jingwen~ you sound so grown up saying that." She patted her sister on her head. She felt bad leaving the kid behind, but she only hopes she follows what her heart wants, and Haneul doesn't want to interfere with that.

Jingwen shined her a youthful grin. "Well when I'm even more grown up I want to be like Winwn gege."

"A kpop idol? I mean if thats what you want...but I think you should reconsi--"

"No, just a dancer. I want to have a life as well." Jingwen snorted, Haneul joining in with a laugh.

"Fair enough. But just don't let anyone stand in your way okay, especially father." Haneul advised. She hoped Jingwen doesn't have to go through the same experiences as her, and that she could live freely.

"I know, I've learned enough from you to know that." She nodded. "Mum wanted to congratulate you for graduating by the way, dad as well, but he didn't say it."

Haneul nodded slowly, taking the straw back to her mouth. "Give them my regards then."

"They don't know I'm hanging out with you, father wouldn't let me if he knew." Jingwen whispered before breaking into mischievous laughter. "But thank you, for hanging out with me and keeping your promise." She looked at Haneul with ecstatic eyes.

"You're my sister, I'll do this as many times as you want." Haneul assured, smiling gladly. "Now, do you need me to take you home?"

Jingwen shook her head confidently. "Nope, I have a date."

"Wait really?!" Haneul's eyes widened. "Why didn't you tell me? Now I have to know everything!"

"You'll be late for your meeting, besides, it'll give us more to talk about next time." Jingwen clasped her hands excitedly.

"You really did grow up." Haneul laughed as she slung her bag over her shoulder, giving Jingwen one last hug. "I'll see you next time then." She smiled as she made her way out of the store, the bell above her filling her ears with it's chime. She looked above her at the towering SM building, taking in a deep breath.

"Sorry I'm late, I got lost trying to get around this building. It's quite big." Haneul gave a polite bow as she entered the room. A lady returning her a bow as she pointed to the seat beside Winwin, who had a happy look on his face. It seemed to be a common sight these days, even if something bothered him at work, he would always come out if it smiling.

"Have you never been here before?" The lady asked as Haneul sat down, hanging her bag on her chair, folding her hands neatly in her lap.

"No, this is my first time." Haneul said with a kind smile.

"That's surprising, our artists are quiet notorious for sneaking their soulmates into the building." The lady smiled, holding a hand out to Haneul. "My name is Oh Gam-ri, just call me Ms Oh. Now Ms Park, I'm now aware that you're Winwin's soulmate and with that comes some policies."

Haneul and Winwin nodded as Ms Oh pulls out two pieces of paper from a folder, handing one to Haneul and the other to Winwin . "Read through it carefully before you sign. But both of of have to make the decision as to whether or not you want to release the news that Winwin has found his soulmate. We truly discourage it for the time being."

"Yeah there's no need for that." Winwin said, Haneul humming in agreement as she read through the rules of what she was and wasn't allowed to do. It was all logical, things such as not posting any photos or media of him, being contacted by the company in an emergency, not to publicise any personal information about him...she agreed to all of it, and she happened to be complying even without a contract.

"Haha Winnie look, using protection is in the contract." Haneul snorted as she pointed to the print on the contract, Winwin leaning over to look at it as the two snickered at the exact words used.

Ms Oh eyed the two with an amused glance before passing them both pens.

Putting pen to paper, the two signed their relationship away to the company. They wanted to be together safely, and this seemed to be the only way to do so.

"Though we may not be good at dealing with scandals, we try to avoid them at all costs, and by doing this you guys have genuinely made our lives a lot easier." Ms Oh sighed, remembering the horrors of previous soulmate scandals. "We will try our best to protect both of you."

"Thank you." Winwin bowed, releasing a relived breath with a glad smile. He wasn't expecting it to go well, but it did.

"Now you can freely go on your trip, however we will call you everyday to make sure you're safe." Ms Oh informed, the two looking at each other with matching smiles. "Oh but before I let you go, Ms Park, there is something we would like to offer you?"

"Me?" Haneul pointed to herself as another piece of paper was passed to her. "Patient referral contract" written on the top.

"We heard you're a therapist." Ms Oh said.

"Not yet, I just got a unit for my practice and I don't plan on opening until after I get back from the trip." Haneul explained as the woman simply smiled, her fingers knitted together in front of her.

"There are cases our counselor can't deal with on top of him being constantly overrun with patients, we were wondering if we could refer some to you when need be. We're basically offering you a part-time job as our therapist." Ms Oh told as she pulled out more folders from her desk. "Seeing as you have a basic understanding of idol life, we thought it would be convenient if we offered this to you."

Haneul saw nothing wrong with the offer, it gave her patients, which she didn't have at the moment. She turned to Winwin who simply nodded, telling her to do whatever she thought was best. "Sure." Haneul shrugged, taking a hold of the pen and signing it once more.

"Perfect, now do you do cognitive behavioral therapy by any chance?"

"That's my specialty." Haneul was getting excited by the thought, knowing she can get straight into work the moment she gets back.

Ms Oh passed her a brown manila file. "Good, this case is urgent so I'd assume you want to read up on him before you treat him."

Park Jisung

Haneul nodded, hugging the file to her chest. She looked forward to it, knowing things were going to be interesting.

"Thanks for the opportunity." She bowed as she stood up, Winwin doing the same as he slipped his hand into hers, leaving the room.

The two stepped out into the sm hallway, immediately embracing each other in an excited hug, inaudible shrieks falling from their lips.

"We're official, Winwin I can chill with the other soulmates now." Haneul exclaimed, her arms wrapped around Winwin's neck as he looked down at her lovingly.

"That's what you're excited about, not that we get to spend a whole month with each other, alone." Winwin scoffed, acting offended

"Pft no, you're just making up for the month where you acted as if you hated me." Haneul laughed as Winwin pouted, earning himself a kiss on the nose from his girlfriend. "As much as I'd love to hug you forever in the uh - sm hallway - you have a music video to film."

"Damn I do." Winwin frowned. "You should visit me on set! You can do that now."

"Maybe I will, but you better go before manager-man beats your ass." She turned him around as she urged him away, his heavy feat leaving her. He turned around as he left, giving her his usual heart smile.

Haneul was content. For the first time, things seemed to be looking up for both of them and now that their hearts were intertwined, they were ready to face the world. Together.

second last chapter haha, i'm sorry taking so long to update — i really don't like ending anything but i think it's about time i end this one.

i wish you all good days :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 553 36
when two best friends get their friendship tested by new people and unspoken feelings. ❝two hearts getting even closer evolving from friendship ...
640K 29.6K 40
❝ she has your eyes ❞ ❝ she has your nose❞ ❝ she's not our baby! ❞ soulmate au. lowercase intended. swearing used. highest ranking: #3 in leejeno #...
27.8K 1.4K 75
~* ιт's α cяυεℓ gαмε , ι cαη ησт ℓσsε * . . . . . . . 🔂Editing _ 8/75 ✏️ 【 Disclaimer: Please remember that this is a work...
243K 6.5K 37
"the feeling of wanting someone to love you..i understand it now" in which jung jaehyun uses shin hyesun in order to get close to her best friend but...