The Haywood Boys

By Just_peachy21

The Haywood brothers are notorious for being the bad boys in school and they also happen to be rich. It's not... More

Character Aesthetics
Prologue
1~ First Day of School
2~ The Project
3~ Dinner Party
4~ Friday Night Lights
5~ More of the Haywood Boys
6~ Dad Talk
7~ Homecoming Date
8~ Truth or Dare
9~ Almost Kisses
10~ Homecoming
11~ Old Memories
12~ Halloween Hookups
13~ "You got a boyfriend?"
14~ Reunited
15~ Scavenger hunt
16~ Tutoring
17~ Love?
19~ Apologies
20~ Plane rides
21~ Kansas
22~Telling Alex
23~Aftermath
24~Birthday
25~Half Sister
26~New Years

18~ Playoffs

1.8K 34 0
By Just_peachy21

It's the first week of the playoffs. The whole school as filled with streamers and decorations. Almost every student was wearing school colors, some of them going crazy with paint and temporary tattoos.

"Wow" I said as I walked into school hand in hand with Alex.

Things have been a little bit awkward since we were caught and he told me he loved me. Nothing bad has happened, we've been just a little bit distant.

"Yeah Howell High School take playoffs very seriously" He chuckled from beside me.

We found the rest of the boys and Delilah. I was surprised to see Briar hugging Del from behind.

"Hey Bri what are you doing here?" I asked as we came up to the group.

"Came to see Del, before I headed to classes this morning." He kissed the top of Del's head.

"Cute" I smiled at the couple. "So what are we talking about?"

"The game tonight" Jas answered.

"It's going to be packed" Alex said.

"I think I'm gonna be sick" Ash held his stomach.

He's never nervous for anything, especially a football game. If anything, He's ten times more cocky.

"Don't be bro, we're gonna win this thing" Alex let go of my hand and clapped his twin on the back.

"Hell yeah we are" A smile broke out of Silas's face as he and the rest of his brother cheered together.

Students gave us weird looks as they walked by, but none of us cared. Every one of us had a smile on our face.

"Yo Briar, what are you doing her man?" A senior, I can't remember his name, from the football team greeted Briar with the bro hug thing.

"Ay Eric, came to see my girl" His arm wrapped protectively around her waist.

"Noted I'll make sure everyone knows to back off" He jokingly smiled at Bri. "You coming to the game tonight?"

"Wouldn't miss it for the world."

The warning bell rang and we dispersed into our different directions. Briar kissed Del goodbye and waved to all his brothers. Ashton Silas and I were the only ones left.

"Aspen can I talk to you for a second?" Silas asked me.

"Yeah of course." I answered and turned to Ashton, "Meet you there?" I questioned and he nodded before walking in the direction of our class. "What's up?"

Silas looked nervous and slightly embarrassed.

"I'm thinking of asking Layla to be my girlfriend?" He said but it came out like a question.

"What's wrong?" I frowned.

"Well her mom's really strict and I don't know if she'll let her date or even if Layla wants to be my girlfriend, she could just want to be my friend."

"Calm down Silas, she likes you, you know that" I place my hands on his shoulders, squaring him to me.

"I do?" He looked up at me.

Poor kid was so nervous, he forgot how close him and Layla are to each other. It's pretty obvious that they like each other.

"Yes Silas she likes you, she'll say yes and if she can't then wait for her. Don't let yourself ruin everything by not asking her."

His shoulders relaxed under my hands. I clapped which caused Silas jump a little bit.

"Okay, now ask her out tonight at the game, but make it special. Don't just blurt it out, take her someplace a little away from everybody and ask her to be your girlfriend."

"Do you think it'll work?" He asked.

"I know it will, now get to class, you're going to make us both late" I pushed him in his direction before walking to class.

***

"I just found out that my parents are coming to the game" Delilah groaned as she sat next to me at lunch.

"Okay and? You're parents are literally amazing." I took a bite of pizza, courtesy of the football team, namely Alex.

"Yeah except they don't know Briar and I are dating."

Abby isn't really known to not care about Del's relationships. She's actually pretty strict.

"Who do they think he is?"

"They think he's my SAT tutor, which he does help me with."

"Dylan's coming too right?" I asked in an attempt to get her mind of of her parents.

I think Dylan got a day off of being smart today. I'm glad he gets the chance to be a normal teen sometimes. He deserves it more than anything. Despite him living next door and him being my best friend's brother, I don't get t see him much.

"Yeah and I'm really happy about that, he doesn't get to be a kid often." She answered.

Suddenly an arm wrapped around my waist and I'm pulled into Alex's body. A kiss is placed on my head.

"What's that for?" I asked. That came out of nowhere. I usually know when it's about to happen.

"There's some guy's starring at you" He whispered possessively.

"Possessive much?" I whispered and got out of his strong hold.

"Hey guys!" I heard a female voice say. I looked up to see Layla and Silas.

Silas pulled her down to sit by him.

"Hey Layla" I offered with a smile.

"Have you thought about tomorrow yet?" she asked me.

Tomorrow was the day we planned to go to the movies. Honestly I thought of leaving them at the movie theater in the mall and Alex and I going on our own little date.

"Yeah I have, everything is good"

"Wait what's tomorrow?" Alex asked.

"You and I are chaperoning Layla and Silas to the mall tomorrow."

"When was I going to find out about this?" he asked.

"I don't know I kind of forgot about since I last talked to them about it" I answered looking down at my plate.

"What if I had plans tomorrow that you didn't know about?" He questioned.

"Calm down, dude" Jas warned Alex.

"Then I would've gone without you," I countered.

"What if my plans involved you? You didn't even think to involve me in making plans that involve me."

"Okay so you're clearly upset over something else and taking it out on me, so until you figure what that is I'm gone" I stood up abruptly and walked away. I'm not putting up with this shit.

I heard a pair of footsteps behind me. I hoped it was Alex.

"I'm sorry Aspen, I didn't mean to cause that" Layla apologized from behind me. I turned to her small figure.

"Don't worry Layla it wasn't your fault, Alex is just upset is all."

"Do you promise? Because I feel really bad" She looked down at her feet.

"Layla I promise it wasn't your fault, go back and eat lunch, I'm going to the library if anyone asks" She nodded and turned away. I continued on my walk to the library.

What was his problem? I did nothing wrong. Maybe I could've told him a little bit earlier, but it wasn't a big deal. Did he have plans for us tomorrow?

My thoughts were interrupted when I was knocked to the ground.

"Hey watch it!" I snapped. I looked up to see Ashley. My face softened at her appearance. She was wearing black leggings and a hoodie. "Ashley?" I questioned.

She mumbled a sorry before walking away quickly.

***

"Let's Go!" Briar cheered. The game hasn't even started yet and Briar is going crazy. I shook my head and laughed at him.

"Briar sit down," Del scolded as she pulled his arm down next to her.

"Aspen!" Flynn yelled running to me. I stood up and gave him a big hug.

"Flynn!" I heard Dean yell. A wave a relief washed over his face as he saw him with us. " I got worried there for a second, Sydney would kill me if I lost the child." He laughed awkwardly.

Thankfully there was a place perfect for both of them to sit right behind us. It was hard enough for us to find a place big enough to sit just us kids.

I looked over to Silas and Layla, who snuggled together with a blanket draped over them for warmth. The late November weather was cold. Flynn snuggled into me looking for warmth of his own.

Alex hasn't talked to me since lunch. It was a very awkward ride over here. Neither one of us said anything.

"Those poor kids are probably freezing out there" Sydney said coming up the stairs, watching the football boys on the field warming up.

"We are too Mom thanks for the concern" Briar joked.

"Shut up Briar" she smirked at her oldest kid.

"Please rise, if able, for a moment of silence followed by the National Anthem sung by student Chelsea Morgan and Ross Bradford." the announcer said and the entire stadium stood up.

I held Flynn on my hip as I bowed my head. The music for the National Anthem and we all looked at the flag and placed our hand over our hearts.

Their voices meshed really good together and created the National Anthem really well. We all clapped when it was over and sat back down.

The other team got the ball first, giving us kickoff.

The boys played amazingly. The score went back and forth for the entire first half time.

"We're going to go get hot chocolate" Silas said. He and Layla left. I think it's about to happen.

"I'm sorry, Aspen. I was out of line at lunch, I was all worked about school and exams next week and I took it out on you and I shouldn't have. Do you forgive me?" he apologized.

"I get that you're stressed out about school I am too, but you can't take it out on me, or anybody for that matter. Yes I forgive you just make sure to be more civil and considerate next time"

"I promise" he said. I gave him a quick peck on the cheek, before cuddling into him.

Layla and Silas came back holding hands, with hot chocolate. I looked at Silas with a hopeful expression to which he responded with a nod. I did a mini celebratory dance. I probably looked like a worm, but I didn't really care.

"What got you so happy?" Alex asked.

"Your brother finally has a girlfriend" I smiled, thinking how I kind of made that happen.

"Haven't Bri and Del been dating for almost a week already?" He asked.

"Not that brother you idiot, Silas, use context clues." I flicked his nose and watched as the teams came back on the field ready for another half.

Ashton was probably crazy nervous right now. Our team was down by one touchdown, but we still had another half to go.

Everyone was surprised to see that the opposing team only made one touchdown the entire second half and our team scored three. We were ahead by fifteen and they planned to keep it that way in the last minute and thirty seconds, when the other team had the ball.

For the play, Ashton was put in on defense. The play was in motion and the other team's quarterback threw the ball. Ashton ran with the ball and caught it in mid air.

The entirety of the stadium was standing up. The other team's fans yelling at Ashton, and their own team, with disgust, while our fans were cheering on Ashton has he weaved through several players and scored the winning goal with two seconds to spare. The horn roared and all of our fans rushed the field.

We all ran straight to Ashton. I snapped some photos of the boys hugging him, his parents hugging him, and some cute ones of Flynn on his shoulders. I knew they'd appreciate having this moment captured.

Sav, Del and I joined the hug. I loved moments like these, when the rest of the world just melts away.

The hug dispersed and everyone started hugging in excitement.

"Briar party at my house! Don't forget to bring your girlfriend!" The same guy from this morning, Eric, yelled and winked at Del. Her face flushed red and the dug her face into Briar's shirt.

"Delilah Annabelle Sanders!" Abby yelled.

Apparently we weren't the only ones who noticed it. I looked at Delilah with worry and horror.

"Can you explain what I just saw or was that boy just playing some cruel joke?" Abby yelled at Del. She detached herself from Briar. He couldn't save her now.

I hoped that she'd blame it on Eric, but I'm not sure Abby would believe her at that point.

"Mom I can explain. Yes Briar is my boyfriend, but the only reason I didn't tell you was because, I knew you would react like this and I don't want to break up with him." She said quickly.

"So lying to me was the best option?" Abby softened her voice, but she was still stern.

"I didn't technically lie he has been helping me with the SAT."

"You're grounded until further notice, you're coming home with me and your father fight now. Say goodbye to your friends."

She looked over at us with apologetic eyes and smile. "Bye guys" she waved at us.

I gave her an apologetic smile in return waving slightly as she left.

I looked at Briar. he looked wrecked.

"It wasn't your fault Briar I was going to happen one way or another."

"Yeah but it didn't have to be now" He looked down as we joined our celebrating friends.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 62.6K 86
"Just remember, if we get caught you're deaf and I don't speak English." "You're over thinking this, trust me. We won't get caught," he says with a s...
7.3M 205K 22
It's not everyday that you get asked by a multi-billionaire man to marry his son. One day when Abrielle Caldwell was having the worst day of her life...
1.1M 42.3K 52
❝She's one of those girls you just can't walk away from. One of those girls you will never forget, no matter how hard you might try.❞ BOOK ONE OF TH...
112K 4.5K 41
Taylor Vanessa Ryan. Her black leather jacket helps her hide her bruises, each one of them done by her father. She works at a bar as a dance teacher...