Once Upon a Prince

By Kendallmariie

A Cinderella tale with a modern twist. Raylynn wants to be loved but also wants to get away from her father... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter Twenty

2.6K 141 12
By Kendallmariie

Christian

Raylynn was blindfolded, I wanted our location to be a surprise.

"Are we there yet?" She asked.

I chuckled. "We're there." I took off her blindfold and waited for a response.

"Is this...?"

"It is."

"This is the house we were gonna buy together. How, you bought it without me?"

"I knew we'd eventually live here together, I wasn't going to let your dream house get away."

Raylynn turned and kissed me fiercely. "Thank you, I love it, I love you."

"I love you, too."

"Who helped you pick out the furniture?"

"A decorator, I'd love to take credit for all this but I hired a professional because I wanted it to be perfect."

"It is, thank you." She replied and kissed me again. "I'm gonna go explore." She said then took off.

I shook my head, I'm glad she loved it and didn't bite my head off.

"Chris!" Raylynn shouted from the main bedroom ten minutes later.

"Baby!" I shouted in the same tone.

"Are these my clothes in your closet?"

Alright, time for the real moment of truth. "Yes."

"How did they get here?"

"Movers, I told Grandma we were back to normal yesterday and she arranged everything." I gulped.

"Okay." She replied.

I walked into the bedroom. "That's it?"

"That's it. What were you expecting?" She asked with a tilt of her head as she sat on our bed.

"I don't know, I thought you'd bite my head off."

"Nope, I like it here, I'm alright with living here with you."

"Good, great, I'm happy." I grinned.

"Me too." Raylynn smiled.

Just then the doorbell chimed.

"Are you expecting someone?" Raylynn asked.

"Nope, and I'm assuming you aren't either."

She shook her head.

We walked to the door, Raylynn a distance behind me. I opened the door and found Anna standing there in a huge coat. Strange for the warm weather of Florida. "What are you doing here this time of night?"

"I haven't seen you in a long while so I came for a visit. Are you going to let me in?" She purred.

"No."

Having not have noticed Raylynn standing off to the side behind me, Anna opened her coat and revealed nothing but pink lingerie. "Please."

"Absolutely not and for the record, our friendship is over." I said and closed the door in her face.

Behind me, Raylynn whispered, "Wow."

"Baby..."

"I'm fine, I just can't believe people actually do stuff like that."

"I didn't know..."

"It's okay, Chris, I understand." She said as she wrapped her arms around me. "Let's cuddle on the couch and watch a movie."

And we did, we put on a movie and made out. When the movie was over, the doorbell chimed again.

"I'll get it." Raylynn said, but I followed close behind.

This time, to our amazement, it was May and unlike Anna, she showed up in nothing but lingerie.

"Raylynn! What are you doing here?"

"I live here." My baby replied.

"Oh, um, I thought you guys were over?"

"And you thought you'd just help yourself to him? I finally see you for what you are, May. Lose my number and the address to our home." She said calmly and closed the door in May's face. "What a weird night."

"I'm sorry."

She patted my chest. "You can't help that you're irresistible."

I laughed at that. "You're irresistible."

We cuddled back on the couch and continued our movie marathon/make out session in peace.

~Three Months Later (May 20th)~

Raylynn

Everything was set, the final list of investors for the new restaurant has been shortened and dinners have been arranged with the investors and their families individually. Attending the dinners with Grandma was me, Chris, Crispin, and Christopher.

These were Grandma's main picks and since family was important to her, she wanted to make sure family was important to them as well.

"Who are we having dinner with tonight?" Christopher asked me.

I shrugged. "Grandma wanted to make all the final arrangements. I don't even know who her picks were to give a guess as to who is coming tonight."

Chris pulled my chair out for me as we arrived in the conference dining area. At the head of the table sat Grandma. Closest to her was me. Beside me was Chris, Crispin, and then finally, Christopher. Well all arrived early, a power play move according to Chris.

Not fifteen minute later, our guests arrived.

Oh shit. I thought.

Of course, it had to be them, my former family. Striding in the room as if they owned the place.

"Hello, Mrs. St. Victoria, I'm- what are you doing here?!" Helen questioned, drawing the eyes of the rest of the family towards me.

I have to admit, I felt a sense of honor at their shocked expressions.

"That's a rude way to address my assistant." Grandma stated.

"She's sorry, we just didn't know you two knew each other." Then father turned to question me, "Why did I see you when I came for the interview process."

Grandma answered before I could. "She was on vacation with my her boyfriend."

"Boyfriend?" Father questioned.

"Nevermind all this personal talk, this is a business dinner, please act as if it is such." Chris interrupted. He took my hand under the table and kissed my cheek.

"What is this? Are the two of you together?" Margret asked.

"Margret, sit down, we can talk to Raylynn after dinner." Father scolded.

"It's nice to see you again, dear." Helen said in a false voice.

I only smiled in return.

"Hello, My name is Harvey and I'll be your server for the night. Can I take everyone's drink order?" Our waiter interrupted.

The air was thick with tension. Clearly Helen and her daughters were worried about my presence in the room. Too bad I have no intention of telling them they shouldn't be.

After everyone ordered, Grandma asked my father to introduce everyone he brought with him.

"As you know, I'm Charles Johnson, I've brought with me my wife Helen and my twin daughters, Margret and Meredith. Beside you is my youngest daughter, Raylynn."

"Raylynn is Charles' daughter from a previous marriage." At Grandma's confused look as to why Helen needed to mention that, Helen continued. "Not that I treated her as if she wasn't mine."

"Right." Chris said.

"So, Chris, I believe you know my other two daughters. I think you go to school with Margret and Meredith." Helen prodded. "Maybe you and Margret can hang out together some time. You look athletic, Margret is as well. A tennis match or two should be exciting."

"No thank you, I don't think my girlfriend would want me hanging out with a someone that has your daughter's...reputation."

"Reputation? What reputation?" My father asked.

"A reputation that isn't good for dinner conversation." Chris finished.

My phone vibrated in my pocket. It was a text from Christopher.

Christopher: What's going on?

Me: Meet my family sitting across from us

Christopher: I was told they kicked u out the house

Me: They did

Christopher: What happens now?

Me: Dinner just got a whole lot more interesting

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 6.5K 51
About a woman who struggled to keep her marriage but ended up trying for nothing. That's what she thought until someone unexpected helped her get the...
2.7K 120 16
She left him. He wants her back. But she has someone else. Jealousy, Anger, and Love plus a child equals disaster. Read to find out more! Warnings:Hi...
40K 2K 39
A year after her husband's death, Gigi Montagne is still unable to recover from her depression. Not even the presence of her young son Thomas is able...
Koruna By Rygles

General Fiction

12.9K 1.6K 101
An Orphan has had to survive through petty crime and her wit to survive on the streets all her life, fortunately or unfortunately, it turns out she's...