A Court of Wings and Fate

By LeeraIvy

Some say that everyone's fate is already determined. If that's the case, Estelle Marzena is greatly disappoin... More

Author's Note & Maps
1. Ambitious Goals
2. Inciting Fights
3. Advice and Congratulations
4. Familiarity
5. Friends and Family
6. Displeasing First Impressions
7. Falsified Rebuttal
8. Growing Trepidation
9. Uneasy Beginnings
10. Unforseen Infuriants
11. Holding Grudges
12. Defense
13. Breaking The Ice
14. Forcing Circumstances
15. History and Healing
16. A Mother's Woes
17. Leathery Distractions
18. Advice for Rites
19. The Shadow's Angel
20. Sentimental Plans
21. A Family of Artists
22. Listing
23. A Deal is a Deal
24. Goldenhearted Teasing
25. Admitting Concerns
26. Flocks and Swarms
27. Shadowy Touches
28. Unspoken Words
29. A Shadowsinger Sings
30. Longing Moments
31. Gasping for Breath
32. Heartfelt Tensions
33. Fears of the Heart
34. Troubles Present and Future
35. Apologetic Consideration
36. Snowfilled Days
37. Unwanted Gestures
38. Locked Up Past
39. An Angel's Worship
40. Siphoning the Truth
41. A Gift From the Heart
42. Private Agendas
44. Spread the News
45. Ghostly Assailants
46. Gory Futility
47. Strained Relationships
48. Revival and Truth
49. The Prince's Proclamation
50. Cruel Interruptions
51. Facing Ridicule
52. Surfacing Doubts
53. Teamwork
54. Crushing Debris
55. Fountain of Dawn
56. Facing the Consequences
57. Vendetta
58. Deciding Claims
59. Unexpected Surprises
60. Emergence of the Unnatural
61. Pointless Deaths
62. Bloodshed
63. Lost and Found
64. A Promise of Power
65. Over the Edge
66. The Final Steps
67. Homecoming
68. United At Last
69. Path Paved by Stars
Thank You
A Court of Ash and Necromancy
Beyond the Books

43. Tearful Completion

866 51 49
By LeeraIvy

The artwork above is not mine.

◦═══✦═══◦

Mikael drew in a shaking breath as Estelle began to massage his shoulders. She kissed his temple and jaw as she did so. Shadows wound from his neck down to his arms. They didn't go below the warm water that filled the tub, however.

Mikael didn't speak, and neither did Estelle. She seemed content to simply press kisses to his skin. Each one felt like a fiery brand. A mark, claiming him as hers. He wanted her to claim him. Mikael twisted his head to look at her.

"What do you need?" Estelle whispered, letting her hands drift lower on his chest. "What would you like?"

"I'll tell you when I know," he replied, his voice hoarse.

Estelle leaned forward and kissed his throat, her teeth scraping his skin lightly. Mikael gave a sharp exhale. Her gaze dipped down briefly and she smiled.

"You haven't looked yet," he murmured. "I thought you were doing research."

Estelle chuckled, nipping at his earlobe as she replied, "I prefer hands on learning."

Mikael's breath hitched and he shifted in the tub. Water lapped against his midriff. He propped his knees up and rested his arms over the rim of the tub. One of Estelle's hands wandered down his stomach, then slid onto his thigh.

"You're teasing me," Mikael said.

"Do you like it?"

"I would like it more if you would just touch me where I want you to."

Estelle smirked. "And where would that be?"

His voice dropped to a husky growl. "You know where."

"Here?" Estelle turned his face towards hers and kissed him. "Or here?" She ran her hand up to his knee, water trickling from her fingertips. "Maybe here." Her other hand followed the curve of his wing, down to the base. She curled her nails into his shoulder blade.

Mikael shuddered, swallowing hard. "No."

"Hm."

Estelle drew her hand back to his neck. She fitted her thumb and forefinger at the base of his chin, closing her hand around his throat. She leaned his head back, kissing the hollow of his neck. Mikael breathed a soft groan.

"Here?" She asked. "And I thought my prince was innocent."

"If I was innocent, would I know how to fuck your wings so thoroughly?" Mikael rasped.

"That is a good point." She tugged his knee sideways until his leg rested against the tub wall. She didn't loosen her grip on his throat. "What about here?"

Estelle slipped her hand beneath the water. Mikael's breath quickened. She was close. Close to where he wanted her. Where he needed her. Where his body was reacting to her touch, her voice, her scent...purely on instinct.

Mikael's stomach was a molten pool as she swirled her fingers in the water, the sensation knocking against him. "Estelle," he grunted. "If you don't stop teasing me, I will be very, very cruel the next time I find you in my bed."

"Does my prince know what he wants?" Estelle laughed. She kissed his neck, then dragged her tongue up his throat, towards her other hand. His skin prickled in her wake.

"Please, Estelle," Mikael pleaded, her hand nearing the hard, aching area between his legs once again. "Please, Love."

"All right." Mikael moaned as her hand wrapped around him. "How do you like it?" She murmured next to his ear. "This?" She squeezed lightly, dragging her hand down the length of him. He gulped, his breathing shallow.

She stroked him again, harder, her nails grazing his skin. Mikael moaned, his hips arcing off the floor of the tub. Instincts pounded through his mind, especially as he scented Estelle's own arousal.

His breathing grew heavier with each pass she made. He couldn't hold back his moans. Estelle kept pressing burning kisses to his neck, shoulders, and jawline. Her hand pressed into his throat and he curved his neck into her palm.

"Estelle," he panted.

His chest heaved and he braced his arms against the tub. He gave a subconscious flutter of his wings. The shadows wrapped around them, holding them in place.

Mikael's gaze found hers. She was smiling, her amber eyes practically glowing. He held her gaze as he moaned. Her smile grew. Estelle hauled her lips to his, kissing him desperately. Mikael lifted a hand to her cheek, holding her in place.

He couldn't get enough of her. The taste of her lips. Her needful scent. Her smoldering eyes. Her bronze skin. Water splashed his chest, but he couldn't stop himself from thrusting his hips up. Estelle wasn't even trying to stop him. She knew exactly what she was doing.

Mikael groaned against her mouth. Her lips parted and he moaned again. Her breath was scalding against his cheek. "Estelle," he begged. "Estelle." Her Cauldron damned hand would be his undoing. "Fuck. Oh, fuck."

Mikael gripped the sides of the tub, arching his back as heat raced through his body. His labored breathing became rapid and he moaned with every stroke of her hand. His limbs shook as the ache inside him swelled.

Estelle kissed his neck, pressing her teeth into his skin, not quite hard enough to bruise. He wanted it to bruise. He wanted his skin marked by her teeth and nails. He didn't care if it was visible. "Mark me," he urged. "Please, Love. Please!"

She angled his head to one side, biting down obediently. Estelle kissed him again, sucking hard on his skin. Her hand was still working between his legs. She jerked him harder and Mikael's hips followed the movement. She kept going and his moans echoed louder still.

"Fucking Cauldron, Love." He couldn't fight it anymore. "Estelle!" Her name was the only thing he could say as he found release. "Estelle.Estelle.Estelle.Estelle."

She kept squeezing him and pleasured shudders wracked his entire body. She didn't stop, not until his trembling ceased. Mikael gulped down deep breaths as she bowed her head against his shoulder. Estelle pulled her hand out of the water, attempting to regain her breath as well.

She kissed Mikael gently, smoothing damp hair from his forehead. "You are...the most wicked creature...I've ever known," Mikael murmured breathlessly.

"And you are the most beautiful male I have ever seen," Estelle replied. She lifted his hand and kissed the bargain tattoo on his wrist. Mikael blinked, realizing that his skin was glowing. "My prince." She laid another kiss to his lips and stood.

"Where are you going?" Mikael sat up, turning to watch her.

She grinned. "I'm going to get ready for bed, while you clean yourself up." She laughed, closing the bathroom door behind herself. Mikael rolled his eyes but was smiling as he stood and drained the tub.

◦═══✦═══◦

Estelle had managed to calm the fierce instincts blazing through her veins by the time Mikael emerged from the bathroom. He was shirtless but had put a pair of pants on. She couldn't quite tell if she was grateful or dismayed. She was wearing one of his shirts again, already huddled beneath the covers on his bed.

Mikael climbed in beside her and slid his arm around her waist. Estelle shifted her wings into a more comfortable position. "You never did mention if your research yielded good results," he laughed quietly.

Estelle rolled over, spreading her palms against his chest. His skin still carried a faint glow. She smiled at the memory of the sight. Seeing him reach his climax and that golden light pouring from his skin had almost been better than being pleasured herself.

"I was pleased," she said.

He kissed her forehead. "As was I."

"So I gathered."

Mikael rolled his eyes and hugged her close. Estelle tangled her legs with his. He folded a wing over the two of them. Estelle reached for the shining strand within her chest. She hesitated, then gave it a sharp tug. Mikael stiffened, one of his hands leaving her waist to rub his sternum.

Prince of Sunrises. Angel of Dawn, the shadows sang. Your equal. Yours. Ours. Ours. Ours.

His gaze fell to hers. The moon, shining brilliantly outside, reflected in their dark depths. She craned her head back over her shoulder, staring out the balcony doors. She rolled away from Mikael and stood. He propped himself up on an elbow, watching her.

"What are you doing?" Mikael called. Estelle grabbed her gloves and situated the siphons atop them. "Estelle, you're half naked." There was a hint of amusement in his voice. "You don't need to go outside."

"I'm going to anyway," she replied. Estelle opened the door and moved out onto the balcony. Her siphons glowed as she shielded the marble expanse.

White wings shifted in the corner of her eye. Mikael leaned against the doorway, his arms crossed over his chest. "It's cold out here."

"So come make it warmer."

Mikael shook his head, joining her on the balcony. The air gradually began to feel warmer. He took her hand. His own was radiating heat. Estelle gripped his hand tightly and rested her free one on his shoulder. Mikael held her by the waist and they began to glide across the balcony.

Shadows swirled around them, laughing and singing. Umbra left Mikael's arm to join them. Estelle flared her wings out and Mikael did likewise. Her chest tightened with emotion, seeing a bright smile on his lips.

"I need to tell you something," she blurted out.

"What is it?" Mikael drew her closer. They continued dancing, matching each other's movements flawlessly.

"You are magnificent, inside and out. You are strong, loyal, compassionate, and courageous. You're smart, quick witted, and occasionally obnoxious. You are everything I have ever wanted and more."

"I love the way you speak. I love how you like to talk about the things you've researched and what you're interested in learning about. I love hearing your stories about your fathers and the things they've told you about your mother. I love how quick you are to defend your parents."

"I love the way you carry yourself. Your confidence and power. I love watching you fight and practice your magic. I love bantering with you, and how quickly you apologize if you think something you said has hurt me. I love when you call me Batsy. When you call me Love."

They were still dancing. Mikael watched her, his eyes glistening. He didn't speak though. Estelle continued, the words flowing from the depths of her heart.

"I love spending time with you. I love how you're careful to respect my boundaries. I love that you want to talk to me about things that bother me. I love that you want to take care of me and serve me in any way I need or desire."

"I love the way you kiss me. The way you hold me. The way you ask me what I want. What I need. I love that you don't ask for more than I can give. I love that you are willing to let me take care of you too."

"I love your wings. How soft they are. How sleek. How beautiful. I love your curly hair. I love the way your skin glows when you're feeling intense emotions. I love your lips. I love to kiss them and feel them kiss me. I love your eyes. I can see your soul in them. I can see your thoughts and feelings."

Estelle blinked, her eyes burning. She swallowed, her breathing ragged and chest aching with emotion. She blinked again and a few tears dripped down her cheeks. Mikael's gaze softened and he bent down, kissing them away.

Estelle hooked her arms around his neck. She reached for the Bond, the source of the strain on her heart. She caressed it gently, letting all of the emotions she felt pour into it. "Angel of Dawn. Prince of Sunrises. My angel. My prince."

"Estelle..." Mikael cupped her cheek in his hand, brushing his thumb over it.

She leaned into his touch, another tear falling from beneath her eyelashes. "Mikael, I love you." Estelle choked on a happy sob. "I love you."

Mikael's voice was strangled as he replied. "I love you too."

Estelle tried to swallow the lump in her throat. "I love you. My mate." Mikael seemed to stop breathing entirely. "You are my mate. I know you. I see you. I feel you." She pulled on the Bond. "My mate."

Mikael swept her up into his arms, laughing tearfully as he kissed her again and again. "My mate," he cried. "My mate." He pressed his forehead against hers, his tears wetting Estelle's cheeks. "My mate. Oh, Estelle."

Estelle felt the Mating Bond fall into place with a snap. Mikael's presence was a shining beacon at the end of it. She called down the Bond and he answered at once. The shadows were a raucous choir in her ears. Mikael tilted her head up, kissing her until she was breathless. He kissed her and held her, shoulders shaking with sobs. They were complete. At last, they were complete.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.8K 1.2K 64
[SPINOFF/SEQUEL TO CURSEBREAKER AND FIREHEART] As the heir to the crown of Terrasen, Estelle Whitethorn Galathynius has always felt more responsibili...
141K 3.8K 51
She was born into darkness and chained to a beast of horns... Being mated to my father's worst enemy was a nightmare I never dreamed of. 《》 As the d...
362K 11.1K 63
Daemati are feared and coveted throughout Prythian. Seren Marzena is one of the few among their ranks. When her power is revealed to Beron Vanserra...
17.8K 495 25
A Cassian and Azriel pairing. There is unrest in the Illyrian camps, and a troubling silence from the Hewn City. Azriel hasn't been able to get his s...