Oceans Away | British Royal F...

By BriFlare

A prince risks everything for a woman that's an ocean away. Started : February 4, 2021 Published : February 4... More

Oceans Away
Photo Album
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
Epilogue

Chapter Fifteen

2.3K 54 0
By BriFlare

Chapter Fifteen : Pregnancy Announcements & Royal Engagements

August 2, 2017

The Duke of Edinburgh and Duchess of Ancaster attends Royal Marines Parade

Published 2 August 2017

The Duke, who began his Naval career in 1939, fittingly marks the end of his public programme by attending a parade with the Royal Marines at Buckingham Palace with The Duchess of Ancaster.

Since 1952, The Duke of Edinburgh has attended over 22,000 solo engagements. The Captain General's Parade at Buckingham Palace today was his last.

As announced in May 2017, The Duke will no longer undertake his own programme of public engagements, although he may choose to attend certain events, alongside The Queen, from time to time.

His Royal Highness's association with the Royal Marines dates back 64 years to 2nd June 1953 upon appointment as Captain General in succession to the late King George VI.

He has also been has been Honorary President of the Royal Navy and Royal Marines Association and Club since 1948. The Royal Marines are the amphibious light infantry force that forms part of the Naval Service.

Today's parade marked the finale of the 1664 Global Challenge, which has been raising funds and awareness for The Royal Navy Marines charity – and symbolises the significance of 1664 as the year in which the Corps was founded. This year, the challenge saw Royal Marines from around the country running 16.64 miles each day for 100 days, totaling a distance of 1664 miles.

The Duke of Edinburgh and The Duchess of Ancaster met representatives from the runners' contingent, including two Royal Marines who have completed the entire 1664 miles.

Their Royal Highnesses also spoke to veterans and cadets before returning to the dais to receive the 1664 Global Challenge baton.

The Parade concluded with a march past, a Royal Salute and three cheers for the Captain General.

The attendance of The Duchess of Ancaster is since The Duke of Edinburgh has passed on his honorary roles to The Duchess.

She will now be the Captain General of the Royal Marines and Honorary President of the Royal Navy and Royal Marines Association and Club.

👑
August 21, 2017

The Duke and Duchess of Ancaster are expecting their first child

Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Ancaster are very pleased to announce that The Duchess of Ancaster is expecting their first child.

The Queen and members of both families are delighted with the news.

👑
September 4, 2017

👑

The Duchess of Ancaster shared her delight following the news that she is set to become a mum and also an aunt for the third time. Hours after it was confirmed that Prince William and Kate Middleton are expecting another baby, Sinderella made a scheduled appearance in Manchester to meet with victims of the tragic Ariana Grande concert bombing. While there, she was asked by reporters how she felt about the pregnancy news. "Fantastic, great," she replied, giving a thumbs up. "Very, very happy for them." She also gave a health update on her sister-in-law, as she battles a severe morning sickness condition.

👑
September 5, 2017

British royal brothers Prince William, Prince Harry, and Prince Arthur made an emotional visit to the newly established Royal Foundation Support4Grenfell community hub on September 5 in London. The trio met members of the Grenfell community and people leading the volunteer effort, close to where the charred tower block stands.

👑
November 27, 2017

Clarence House✔
@ClarenceHouse

The Prince of Wales is delighted to announce the engagement of Prince Harry to Ms. Meghan Markle.

94.8K ❤

5:00 AM - Nov 27, 2017

33.9K people are talking about this

👑
December 25, 2017

The Queen and members of The Royal Family attend church on Christmas Day 2017

Published 25 December 2017

The Queen and members of The Royal Family have attended the morning service today at Sandringham Church.

The Royal Family traditionally spends Christmas and New Year at Sandringham House, The Queen's country estate in Norfolk.

During the 1960s, when Her Majesty's children were small, many Christmases were celebrated at Windsor Castle, where The Royal Family spends Easter.

But since 1988, when the castle was being rewired, Royal Christmases returned to Sandringham.

Today, Her Majesty and other members of The Royal Family talked to members of the public before attending the service in Norfolk.

👑

"So, how did you like your first royal Christmas?" Sinderella asked Meghan as they sat down for tea.

Catherine took a sip of her tea as she watched Meghan's facial expressions.

"It was beautiful; Harry described it so perfectly to me that I was so excited when I found out that I could experience it before I'm officially a member of the family," Meghan answered.

Sinderella nodded.

"I'm delighted you enjoyed yourself," Catherine said with a small smile.

"Me too; the first year is always the most challenging part of entering this family, and I think you're doing amazingly well," Sinderella said.

"Well, you and Catherine have been genuinely remarkable to me, so I think that's made it easier for me," Meghan said.

"So, how is the wedding planning coming along?" Catherine asked Meghan.

Meghan sighed.

"I didn't think it would be so much work to plan a wedding," Meghan replied.

Sinderella mentally rolled her eyes at Meghan's words. This was not Meghan's first marriage. She had to know planning a wedding, whether it's royal or not, would not ever be easy.

"I'm sure you're doing your best," Catherine said.

"Yes, Harry must be helping you," Sinderella said.

"He helped with the church, cake, and flowers, but that's about it," Meghan said.

"I'm sure his advisors are helping you," Catherine said.

Meghan shook her head no.

"No, they have been giving me the cold shoulder, so I had to go to Charles for help, and he has pretty much taken over the wedding," Meghan said with a small smile before placing a piece of her hair behind her ear.

"Well, we here if you ever need advice," Catherine said while Sinderella nodded her head in agreement.

👑
January 22, 2018

HRH Princess Eugenie of York and Mr. Jack Brooksbank are engaged to be married

Published 22 January 2018

The Duke and Duchess of York are delighted to announce the engagement of Princess Eugenie to Mr Jack Brooksbank.

Her Royal Highness and Mr Brooksbank became engaged in Nicaragua earlier this month.

The wedding will take place in the Autumn of 2018 at George's Chapel in Windsor, with further details to be announced in due course.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.9K 938 24
None of us can do things alone, it always takes a team. Started + Thursday, November 19, 2020 Published + Saturday, November 21, 2020 Completed + Mon...
73K 1.9K 24
Christian was born into British royalty, but yet he felt like an outsider until his uncle, the Prince of Wales plans an arranged marriage to Jamila t...
19.5K 466 13
❝Did you ever love me, or was that a lie to?❞ ╰┈➤ ♟️ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 two lost and broken souls must find a way to love each ...
71.9K 1.7K 22
"Aimer, ce n'est pas se regarder l'un l'autre, c'est regarder ensemble dans la même direction." × "We are not quite novels. We are not quite short s...