Dragon Rider in Middle Earth

By Maria555556

Arya Lorawynn is the human child Eragon Bromsson had found centuries ago on the island in which he had been r... More

Intro
Prologue
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
XLXI
XLXII
XLXIII

XI

3.1K 88 14
By Maria555556

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

As the beast raises his arm to strike when, suddenly, he falls back. Aragorn and Boromir are behind the troll, pulling on its chains.
Arya runs to the two men and takes the chain's ends standing behind Boromir and Aragorn.

She pulls with all her strength making it stumble more. The troll managed to twist its arm and whip Boromir across the room. He lands in a recess of the wall, dazed. Aragorn goes to help him.

An Orc stands above him, ready to strike. Across the room, Aragorn slings his blade into the Orc's neck, and, still dazed, Boromir gets up. Aragorn nods to him.

They turn to gaze upon Arya who had given the chains a final tug and thrown the cave troll off balance. She gracefully jumped from its hunched back onto its shoulder so it would not reach her and she jumps off to continue to shoot at orcs getting near the hobbits.

From a corner among more of the goblins, Legolas shoots two arrows into the troll, causing it to reel back with a cry.
Gandalf knocks an Orc out with his staff.

The troll swings his chain above his head. He swings at the Elf, and Legolas dodges it. The chain wraps around a pillar. Legolas runs along the chain onto the trolls shoulders. He shoots the troll in the back of the head and jumps off. The troll cringes and stumbles.

Arya catches its chain again as it tries to land another hit on the elf causing it to fall on its backside and turn to her with a growl.

From the corner of her eye she sees Sam hit an Orc with skillet.

-I think I'm getting the hang of this- he turns and hits another.

•••••

The troll raises his mace and brings it down at the other Hobbits whom were clearly its targets, causing them to jump aside. Frodo is separated from Merry and Pippin. The troll seeks Frodo, who tries to evade its searches by hiding behind a pillar.

Aragorn warns Frodo as the troll sniffs for the poor hobbit.

Aragorn tries to fight his way over to Frodo. Frodo dodges around the pillar. The troll peers around it.
Not being able to see him, it peers around the other side, causing Frodo to dodge out of its vision. It disappears. Frodo carefully looks around the pillar — the troll has gone. He draws a deep breath.

•••••

Arya watches in horror as The troll blasts around the pillar, bellowing in Frodo's face. The Hobbit stumbles and falls in a corner. The troll grabs him. The troll lifts and drags Frodo off of the edge of a recess.

-Aragorn? Aragorn!- his panicked screams called for the ranger.

Aragorn breathes heavily, exhausted. Still, he continues on. Arya appears at his side.

Frodo slashes the troll's hand with Sting. The troll drops Frodo to the ground, twisting his injured hand and staring at it. Frodo lies on the floor. It raises its mace and begins to swing, but Aragorn leaps down into the recess.

He grabs a spear from the floor and stabs the troll with it. It does not penetrate its flesh, but holds the beast at bay.

Pippin and Merry throw stones at the troll's head. The troll swings his arm down and hits Aragorn, sending him flying across the room. He collapses onto the floor. Frodo races after him and tries to rouse him, but Aragorn is too stunned to move.

Frodo begins to run but the troll blocks Frodo's path with its spear, throwing him back. The troll takes aim and stabs Frodo in the chest.

As the others pause in shock, Arya rushes forward and throws her dagger with pinpoint accuracy hitting its target and embedding itself hilt deep in the trolls shoulder. She did not want to kill it quickly. No. She wanted it to be slow.

The cave troll gapes at her in surprise.

Merry and Pippin glance at each other and their faces appear resolved. Gandalf is shocked.

The hobbits leap onto the beast, stabbing him mercilessly.

Gandalf only stares silently across the room, stunned.

The troll flails at its head and grabs Merry, swinging him around and throwing him to the ground. Gandalf and Gimli take turns stabbing at the troll and dodging out of range. Legolas takes aim.

Arya swings herself onto its shoulders having had enough of the beast and pulling its head back so that the troll opens its mouth. Legolas shoots his arrow up into the brain through the mouth of the troll.

The troll stops fighting and its hand fumbles towards its mouth where the arrow is. It stares upward, shocked.

With a long, pained moan, the troll collapses to the ground, dead. Pippin is thrown against the floor but Arya catches him. There is a moment of silence. All enemies are dead or have fled.

Gandalf rushes to Frodo, as do Aragorn and Arya.
Sam walks slowly over.

-Oh no!

Aragorn rolls the hurt hobbit over.Frodo groans, gasping for breath.

-He's alive!- Arya shouts, draping her arm around the two people closest to her, Boromir and Legolas, both equally as shocked as the other.

Gandalf sighs in relief.

-I'm all right, I'm not hurt.

-You should be dead! That spear would have skewered a wild boar- Aragorn said in amazement.

-I think there's more to this Hobbit than meets the eye.

Frodo opened his shirt to show them an undershirt made of white metal.

-Mithril! You are full of surprises, Master Baggins- Arya clapped the small hobbit's shoulder in relief. But the relief didn't last long.

The squeals of orcs are heard in the distance.

-To the Bridge of Khazad-dûm!- Gandalf led them away.

••••••••••

The Fellowship runs out the chamber into a hall of pillars. They are closely pursued by an army of orcs that start to swarm the halls as other Orcs spring out from the floor or crawl, like spiders, from the ceiling and down the pillars.

Arya and Legolas shoot down some but there were too many of them, and they were in a very closed up space so she did not want to risk it.

They surround the Fellowship, who have drawn their weapons outward in a circle, their backs pressed against each other.
The orcs close in and Arya thrusts out her hand.

-Jierda! (Break!)- the Fellowship watches as the surrounding orcs' necks are bent in strange ways and they hear the snap of bones. They look at Arya in awe -I cannot do it again. I do not want to risk loosing much energy-she tells them.

Inside she groaned knowing she would have to explain later on.

The Orcs snarl and leer. Arya hears Gimli let out a yell as he attempts to charge them only for her to hold him back.

A fiery light appears at the end of a hall followed by a thunderous rumble. The orcs shift uneasily and then quickly flee in all directions. Gimli laughs, thinking he has scared off the Orcs. As the creatures climb back up the walls and columns and disappear in the darkness of the mines, the presence at the end of the hallway intensifies and Arya feels as though something extremely hot is pushing on her mind.

She nudges Gimli and the dwarf turns to see the light. The Fellowship are left alone by the orcs, but now they have something new tp worry about. The weary wizard stares down the hall.

-What is this new devilry?- Aragorn asks, readying his sword once more.

Gandalf does not respond for a moment. He closes his eyes, concentrating. The rumble is heard again and the press of a dark and old mind is against Arya's making her wince, her old Shade wound starting to throb again like it had not in a very long time.

Gandalf opens his eyes a frightened look which is usually not present in him can be clearly seen now reflecting in his eyes.

-A Balrog — a demon of the ancient world- The thing growls, still hidden around a corner of the vast hall, throwing fiery light on the pillars. Legolas's eyes also show foreign fear  -This foe is beyond any of you... Run!

He pushes the Fellowship to run to a small doorway. Gandalf shepherds them through quickly while turning to watch the light grow brighter.

-Quickly!

He takes a last glance behind him, and follows.
The Fellowship enters a passageway and goes down a flight of steps. The flight ends in a missing segment, and Boromir nearly falls but Legolas pulls him back.
His torch whirls away into the vast underworld beneath.

-Gandalf!- Arya calls for the wizard as whatever is approaching them gets nearer.

-Lead them on, Aragorn! The bridge is near!- he instructs the man at the lead of the group.

They look across a wide space to a long bridge spanning the gap between a hall and a cliff face. Away behind them, the Balrog roars again and Aragorn moves towards Gandalf, but Gandalf pushes Aragorn roughly away from him.

-Do as I say!- Hurt and confusion register on Aragorn's face -Swords are no more use here!

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 192 29
"Without love, immortality is a punishment. With it, a life drowning in pain." "Well then what are we if we do not suffer for that immortal love?" Ar...
286K 7.9K 36
Farren and her brother Aragorn have wandered Middle Earth for the best part of a century, however with the discovery of the One Ring Farren is thrown...
7.8K 199 40
~Completed~ Forced into self-exile, Elfwyn, daughter of King Theoden and Princess of Rohan, sets out to find help for her failing kingdom. Drawn to R...
3.9K 183 24
The Epic Conclusion to the Trilogy of the Journey of Middle Earth. What started as a Cosmic and Strange Event that happened right out of nowhere whic...