OUR INSECURITIES

By Laralove_xo

In collaboration with @Angelwriter16 ❤ *************************** "You know... we're very much alike." She s... More

°Introduction°
⚛Cast⚛
〰Prologue〰
•1•
•2•
•3
•4
•5•
•6•
•7•

•8•

100 13 6
By Laralove_xo

Guyysss😭😭😭 I'm back😩😩❤️ Happy new year🎉🤩 After disappearing for a year, I finally came back to continue this book😩. I'm sorry for leaving y'all hanging 😩❤️ Life's been tough on me😐. Well, I won't go into that 🙃. Here's your update😁.
Happy new year once again✨

                                 🌺JASMINE🌺

I stared at the teacher in front of the class, reading something out from the textbook in his hand. It was the last class we had for the day and i couldn't wait for it to end.

"Can this man just go already" Someone muttered behind me.

I guess i wasn't the only one that was tired of the class. Just then, the bell rang, signalling the end of the class. Letting out a deep sigh of exhaustion, i leaned back into my seat.

"Thank God" I muttered.

I heard Ruby giggle beside me.

"Good day, Students." The teacher said as he left the class.

A few students murmured in reply.

"Finally! I can't wait to go home."I said, packing my notes from the table. I unzipped my purple schoolbag and threw them in, then tossed my pen inside before zipping it up.

"I thought you were going to Kingsley's place."Ruby said as she closed her laptop.

"Oh God!.... I forgot."I said, face palming myself. "Should i just cancel?" I thought aloud.

"Your decision." Ruby replied with a shrug. She looked lost in thought as she diddled on her notebook.

I thought for a while before deciding to cancel the visit. We could reschedule it for another day.

"Lemme text him"I said picking my phone from the table.

"What about our sleepover?"

"We can have it when i'm back na." I replied without looking up from my phone.

"Did i hear sleepover?" Nancy said, more like squealed, eyes glistening in excitement as she turned to face us.

"Yep. Ruby and I are having a sleepover tomorrow."I said, this time, raising my head.

"It's at your place, right? Can i join you?"

Just as i expected, Ruby stopped what she was doing and turned to us abruptly.

"No, you can't. It's a 'bestie only' sleepover." Ruby countered, annoyance written all over her face.

"Don't be a buzzkill. It's going to be boring with just the two of you. The more, the merrier yunno? Jas, please say yes" Nancy said, her eyes twitching in plea.

"Jas? " Ruby said with a tone of disgust.

"Short for Jasmine, duh!"

"Well, it's dumb. Jas, Ew" Ruby said, scrunching up her face to show how disgusted she was. I covered my mouth with my hand to prevent myself from laughing. She shot me a glare that said 'Just try and laugh'.

"And your opinion doesn't matter. I can call her whatever i like."

As much as i didn't want to stop their bickering because it was fun to watch, i just had to.

"Guys! It's okay. Yes, Nancy, you can come for the sleepover." I nodded in approval, getting ready for Ruby to protest against it.

"What? No way!"

"Yes way."

"Really, Jasmine? Really?" Ruby said, gaping at me quizzically.

"Yes, Ruby. Yes."I replied, rolling my eyes as i looked away from her.

"So that's how it is, ehn? Just so you know, I'm not coming if she's coming." She said firmly and got up.

"Why do you hate this girl so much? What harm can she possibly cause?"

"I guess you'd have to find out yourself. I'm going home." She sassed, picking her schoolbag and flinging it over her shoulder.

"Ruby, wait....." Before i could say Ruby, she was out of the class.

I sighed and rubbed my temples.

"Don't worry, she'll definitely come around." Nancy said to me, giving me a reassuring smile.

Whatever

I got up and yanked my bag off the chair. Groaning out in irritation, i stomped out of the classroom, dragging my schoolbag behind me.

What a day!

  **************************************

                               ⚽KINGSLEY

"Quit bugging me"

"Kingsley nauuu" Adesuwa whined as she clung tightly to my shirt."Just one picture,pleaseeee!"she continued, in her shrill, ear splitting voice.

All I wanted at that moment was for her to let go of my shirt and get out of my room. She'd been disturbing me all morning to post a picture of her with a silly caption.

Like!, who begs to get their picture posted?

"Why would I post your picture?"I asked.

"Just do this for me and I'll be forever indebted to you!"

"Okay okay." I raised my hands in surrender. Not knowing what I had in mind to do, her lips curled up into a wide smile.

"You'll post it?"

"Let go of my shirt first."

Her smile disappeared into a suspicious glare. She held onto my shirt even tighter.

"What?..."

"I don't trust you."

"Just let go."

"Will you post it? Promise me first."

I sighed and rolled my eyes.
"I promise."

Just as she her hand dropped to her sides, I walked backwards slowly.
"Let me take my..." Before she could blink, I was out of the room, thanks to my long legs.

"Kingsleeeyyyy!!!" I heard her scream from my room.

I laughed as I raced down the stairs, then looked back to check if she was following me and just as I expected, she was.

I stopped running as I got to the living room. Sewa who was seated, cross legged on the couch, looked up at me as I walked in.

"What's all that noise about?"She asked in her usual gentle voice, unlike Suwa.

Adesewa and Adesuwa were my sisters... my step sisters. Sewa was the quiet and lovable one,while Suwa...oh God, very loud, annoying, sassy and pesky. I remembered how I was able to use their characters to discern who was who at first glance, until I was able to recognize each of them.

Just then,loud Suwa walked in.
"Kingsley, you promised!"

I shrugged and jumped on one of the sofas.
"Sewa, beg Kingsley for me now."

"I do not want to be dragged into whatever banter you two are having."Sewa said,raising her hands.

Suwa hissed and came to sit beside me. Just when I thought I was free from her loudness.

I grabbed the can of pringles between Sewa's laps, earning a glare from her.
"You could've just asked like a normal human being, yunno?"

Brushing her words aside, I tossed three whole chips in my mouth.
"Jasmine's coming over."I announced.

"Really? When?" An excited suwa asked.

"Anytime now."I replied, wondering why she was so excited about it.

"Yes! I don't need you anymore. I'll ask Jasmine to post my picture, I'm sure she'll do it."She blabbed on, making me question why she wanted someone to post her picture so badly. "Unlike you this strong headed boy."she pushed my head and ran off.

This girl...

I smiled and shook my head, happy that she finally stopped pestering me.

"Kingsley" Sewa called.

I looked up at her,only to meet her probing look.

"Hm?"

"Are you planning on telling Jasmine what went down with Nancy?"

I could swear my heart stopped for a split second. Ever since that night, I've had to deal with the heavy weight on my conscience because I couldn't just forget...the pleasure...it was just....

Fresh pangs on guilt knotted in my chest as the scenes of that night flashed in my head. I felt bad, because i allowed Nancy have the upper hand over me, and even more because I didn't stop her, because I liked what she was doing.

"I don't think I'm going to tell her." I mumbled guiltily.

"You know she needs to know,right? And you know how it'll turn out if she hears it from someone else." She cautioned, dropping her legs to the ground.

"Yes...I know." I covered my face with my hands.  "But you don't understand... it could ruin our relationship."

"Suit yourself then."

"You're not going to tell her,right?"

"Why would I? It's not my place to tell."

"Promise me you won't tell Jasmine."

"You won't tell me what?"

We turned abruptly when we heard Jasmine's voice behind us.

"Jasmine... How long have you been standing there?" I asked, silently hoping she didn't hear us.

"I just got here and I heard my name."

Thank God!

"Why do you both look so nervous? Are you hiding something from me?" She queried.

"I'll leave you two to....talk." Sewa said, purposely excusing herself.

Trust Sewa to desert me when I need her.

I walked slowly to Jasmine, searching my head rigorously for what to say to divert her attention from that particular topic.

"It's nothing. Let's go upstairs." I chided.

Thankfully, she obliged. Her curiosity turned into excitement as she pulled me along with her to my room.

That was close....

****************************************

There'll be a little switch up in the story line, you'll see🙃

Bye for now❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15K 4.4K 68
She is beautiful. He is handsome. She is rich and kind. He is wealthy and arrogant. She believes in love and finding her soulmate. He hates love and...
24.6K 3.6K 41
~~~~(Mature)~~~~ "We're worlds apart..." "But I'm right here." "I'm far, farrrrrrrrrr far beneath your class..." "And so? I don't care." He shrugged...
6.6K 2K 31
Everyone does not have the flawless life we all seem they have, some have obstacles to face, battles to fight and as teenagers, stages to over come...
75.6K 13.4K 91
"What is your name? " he enquired with a staid expression. Obi's eyes roamed around still trying to ascertain the safety of their current surroundin...