True Feelings: Complications...

By Ashleyy1005

"You can't disappear for two months and comeback to ruin everything" ° ° ° Bella is about to get married to E... More

Cast & Synopsis
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Epilogue
Thanks & Explanation of the meaning of the books

Chapter 21

6.2K 193 19
By Ashleyy1005

A/N: because I know I let you hanging at the end of last chapter, you have a little gift in this chap.

Enjoy!
--

"Hey, Jacob!" The two lovers heard.

The sound of Seth's voice was like a slap to them. They snapped back on earth, out of their little bubble and took numerous steps away from each other. This couldn't be more awkward. Evie stared at floor as she cleared her throat, trying to ignore the intense blush on her face and her insanly quick heart rate.

"There's no blood bag ledt anymore. Carlisle has news about the birthing," Seth said, looking amused at the two shifters. They were avoiding each other's stares like the plague.

"Yeah... uh, I... I' coming," Jake only said. He glanced discreetly at Evie before heading to the house. Seth sightly chuckled and followed him.

It took a few seconds for Evie to compose herself. The memory of the moment before was playing non stop in her head. She kept thinking about what happened. And about what could have happened. Jacob's face was so close to her. His lips were only millimeters away from hers. Just one step and the gap would have been closed and she could have tastled his lips again. Evie loved her brother dearly but she had to admit, she was quite mad at him at the moment. If he wouldn't have came, Jacob and she would have kissed. She had waited, craved for his touch for so long. And she was about to have it but it all suddenly vanished.

Evie sighed and shook hed head. It wasn't the moment to think about it. Bella’s life was the priority at the moment. So the shifter quickly composed herself and headed to the Cullen's house. Everyone was already in the living room. Evie entered and stood beside her sister.

"You'll have another chance to kiss him," Leah teased quietly so only Evie would hear. But the chuckle of Aaron told her not only her heard.

"Shut up," Evie muttered.

"So, that's the last of it?" Jacob asked, nodding to the cup Bella was holding.

"Bella could deliver as early as tomorrow," Carslile said. "If she's going to have any chance at all, she'll need more blood," he added.

Evie sucked into her breath. If the birthing was tomorrow, it also means that the fight with the Uley pack would be tomorrow. The vampires would be too busy with Bella, probably trying to save her life and having tbe baby. It would be the perfect moment for the Uley pack to attack.

It was strange for Evie to even consider fighting them. Last week, they were all having fun and spending time together at the beach or at Sam's place. And now, they were enemies. Even changed so quickly. Never she had even thought of fighting them. Even if their views were diverging, they were still her friends. Paul, Jared, Sam, Quil, and Embry. She hadn't even talked to him since their talk at tbe beach. And she had no time to think of it either. The situation was so crazy she had completly forgotten she was mad at him. But with everything that is happening, she couldn't even be mad at him anymore. S
There were things more important. And beside, she hadn't the strength anymore.

"And you need to feed," Esmee told her husband. "You have to be at your strongest for her. We need to go tonight,"

"Carlisle, you're the enemy now," Jacob said seriously. "Sam won't hesitate. You will be slaughtered,"

"Emmett will come with us," Esmee said.

"I doubt it will be enough," Evie said.

"We have no choice," Carlisle said. "If there's anything we can do to save her, we have to try," he added, determined.

"You'd risk your lives for her?" The alpha asked, impressed by the bond that linked them to Bella.

"Of course we would," Esmee said, sounding offended that he could even think the contrary. "Bella's a part of our family now,"

Actually, she might have been since the moment they met. After all the crap they went through together, it would have been wierd if she wasn't.

"Yeah. I can see that," Jacob said, thoughtfly. "This really is a family. As strong as the one I was born into. I know what I have to do,"

Evie frowned at him. He seemed lost in his thoughts. She knew this face. He was thinking of something, debetation about wheter or not to do what he had in mind. She hoped he wouldn't do something stupid.

Soon, the night fell. The moon was shining bright in the black sky. As usual, the Black pack was patrolling around the house. The Cullens would soon be out to hunt. Evie just hoped it would go well, with no fight. They needed them alive to help Bella deliver.

Evie and Jacob were walking in the forest, looking around in silence. The Clearwater girl wasn't minding it. Actually, she was quite grateful. After what almost happened earlier, she couldn't even look at him. She was way too embarrassed. And she would have gladly stay silent if Jacob wouldn't look so serious and lost in his thoughts. Seeing him like that was freaking her out.

"What do you have in mind?" She suddenly asked. She didn't mean it to be so blunt and direct. But the question just escaped her lips.

Jacob snapped his head towards her, surprised to hear her. He had been so lost in his thoughts, and so used to the silence that the sudden sound of her voice scared him.

"What?" He managed to say.

"I can see something is bothering you," Evie said. "Since our talk with Carlisle and Esmee earlier. You can talk to me, you know. I'll try my best to help you,"

Jacob stared at her but then, a smile quickly decorated his face. He slowed down and walked beside her, taking her hand in his without failing to surprise her a bit.

"Bella is delivering tomorrow, which means that the fight with the Uley pack will certainty happen tomorrow as well," he said. "We are no longer part of their pack. And as we stand with the Cullens, we are their enemies. They won't hesitate,"

"You regret siding with the Cullens?" Evie asked.

"No, not at all," Jacob shook his head. "But Sam doesn’t go easy with his enemies. I don't want you nor the rest of our pack to suffer,"

"But it's our choice," Evie said, reassuringly. Jacob looked at her. "We choose to side with the Cullens. And we choose to follow you. We choose to fight Sam. It's our choice. So don't feel guilty about it. If something happen tomorrow, it won't be your fault,"

Jacob squeezed her hand. The simple thought of something happening to his imprintee was sickening. He couldn't handle it. It was too hard. If Evie is hurt, so was he. If she dies, so was he.

"Besides, we are all imprintees. They cannot kill us. It against our laws," Evie said.

"You're right," he slightly smiled. "But I still cannot stop myself from imagining the worse,"

"Hey," Evie soothed as she stop walking, bringing him to a stop too. She took his other hand in hers. "It's going to be okay. Nothing bad will happen to us. And we'll find a way to convince Sam the child is no threat to us,"

"How can you be so optimistic?" He chuckled.

"Well, I'd rather be optimistic than pessimistic," she smiled. "Thinking of the good outcomes boost my mood. And we need that it that messy situation we are in,"

Jacob smiled slightly grew as he tenderly looked at his imprintee. He didn't know what he would have became without her. She was what kelt him going. What kept him from falling into insanity.

"I love you so damn much," he suddenly said. Evie was quite taken aback by his sudden confession. But her shock was soon replaced by a smile.

"I love you too," Evie said.

Then Jacob grabbed her by the waist and pulled her towards him, crashing his lips onto hers. Evie kissed him back almost immediatly as she wrapped her arms around his neck.  Their lips were moving together as Jacob tilted his head on the side deelening the kiss. The female shifter passed her hand through his hair and grabbed some strands while the other traveled on his arm. Jacob pushed her against a tree and pressed his body against her. His hand slithered infuriatingly slowly on her back as the other found its way on her hips. The Black kid then bit Evie's bottom lips earning a moan from her as she parted her mouth. They tongues danced. The raven boy left her lips to leave kisses on her jaw then down to her neck. Evie sighed in content as she tilted her head on the side, giving more Jacob more access. She knew it was certainly not the moment. There was things way more important. But she missed him. She missed his touch. She was craving for him for so long. She had been waiting to feel his skin, his lips for so long. She loved him to an extant that couldn't be described.

Their body still pressing against each other, the the female shifter rose her leg up against Jacob as he grabbed her tight, pushing her against him even more. Wanting to feel his lips again, Evie slightly pushed him and eagerly crashes her lips against his once more. But she wanted to feel him more, to cover him with kisses. So her lips moved to his jaw, then his neck, and finally his collarbones, causing Jacob to sigh in content. Feeling audacious and wanting more, Evie passed her hand under his shirt, softly caressing his abs. She felt her skin burning at his contact. Electricity ran through her veins as Jacob went back to kissing her lips as eagerly as she. They loved the sensation of their skin against each other. They have dreamt of this for ages. Evie's trembling hands moved to his peck, caressing his skin. Jacob massaged her thigh as they french kissed passionately. He went back to cover her neck with kisses down to her collarbones. Evie bit her lip to stop herself from moaning.

But he suddenly stop.

"Why are you stopping?" She whispered, capturing his lips again. Jacob chuckled but still kissed her back.

"We shouldn't be doing this now, you know," he smiled.

"Do you care?" Evie asked.

"Not at all," he laughted, soon followed by Evie. "I wish this could last forever,"

"But?"

"But the final fight is coming," Jacob said as he pressed his forehead against hers. "We need to buy the Cullens time. I will say things but I don't mean them. I just need them to believe me. And you all not knowing will make if more believable,"

"What do you mean?" Evie asked, confused.

"The Uley pack are coming," hw only said.

"What are you planning?" Evie asked but as an answer, he just kissed her.

"Do you trust me?" Jacob ask.

"Yes," Evie answered, without hesitation. "But what are you telling me this? What should I do?"

"Because I don't want you to think I betray you," he said. "And you'll know what to do. I trust you. You're my Beta after all,"

Evie stared at him, taken aback for a moment. She was shocked to hear him say such a thing. He was the Alpha. And he made her his second. If he wasn't around, then she would be in charge. She was the second highest ranked. He trusted her. And she trusted him.

Jacob softly pressed his lips against Evie's forehead before pulling away.

The moment later, the rest of the pack arrived in a hurry.

"Jake!" Seth exclaimed. "They're coming!"

"I know," he only said.

"We should phase, Jacob," Aaron proposed. "We can't protect ourselves like this,"

"They'll see it as a threat," Evie said.

And as soon as the words left her mouth, her senses sharpened. Multiple scents entered her perimeter. They were getting closer and closer until they stopped. They were just behind the trees that stood before the Black pack.

"I wanna talk!" Jacob said. "Be easier if I could hear you, too,"

After a few seconds, footsteps could be heard. Two men appeared. Embry and Paul.

"This isn't your territory anymore," Paul sternly said. "How's the new family working out?"

"You done?" Jacob asked, trying to not appear annoyed.

"You coming home, Jake?" Embry asked, hopeful. His eyes moving to Evie for a second.

"Not until I finish this," he said.

"What do you mean?" Paul asked.

"I want Sam to take them back," Jacob said, motioning to the Black pack.

Evie snapped her head at Jacob, shocked. Did she hear just right?

"What?" Leah exclaimed.

"No way!" Seth refused.

"Are you kidding me?!" Aaron almost shouted.

"You can't!" Sarah refused as well.

Evie stared at Jacob and was about to protest as well. But she kept quiet.

"We need to buy the Cullens time. I will say things but I don't mean them. I just need them to believe me. And you all not knowing will make if more believable," he told her.

Then she understood. The Cullens needed fo hunt. With the Uley pack out there, it wouldn't be possible. Jacob was buying time by negociating with the Uley pack.

"Quiet!" Jacob ordered. He discreetly looked at Evie and she nodded. For a second, he looked releaved before he turned back to face Paul and Embry.

"I want them safe," he continued. "And I want this over. I need Sam to wait until Bella's been separated from the problem,"

"You mean till she's dead," Paul corrected.

"Ease up, Paul," Embry said.

"Then what?" Paul ignored him.

"Tell Sam that when the moment comes, I'll be the one to destroy it,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

636K 10.6K 74
What would happen if Edward had a little sister? And she was turned 1 1/2 year after him. When they meet again, will he remember her? And will the Cu...
19.3K 433 21
Everyone knows Ej as the depressed Cullen ever since his girlfriend died. But what everyone doesn't know that he is part mortal, part immortal like h...
120K 2.6K 23
Sequel to The Reborn Cullen 'Keep Katherine out of this' - Jacob Black She hated that she loved him, after all that he did. All she wanted was him a...
4.1K 48 12
No one ever said life as a human/vampire hybrid would be easy. As Renesmee comes of age, there are many challenges she must face, and questions she n...