MINE

By JenlisaxNiniLili

Lalisa Manoban. Pretty, talented, smart, friendly, and wealthy. She has everything that a guy could ever ask... More

Author's Note
Lalisa Manoban
KOREA
Siblings Bond
First Encounter
Cafeteria
Hanging Out
Dinner with Bam
Avoiding
Chipmunk
She's Mine
You're making me feel crazy
Getting to know each other
Authors Note
Friends
The Date
The only exception
Cute Kitten
Enchanted Date
Enchanted Date II
Dating News
Back story
Author's note
Just the two of us
Sweet
Author's Note
Breakdown
You have me
Sing for me
A song for you
A song for you II
Busy days
Packing
Flight
Amsterdam
Museum Date
Roaming Around

My safe haven

1.7K 68 7
By JenlisaxNiniLili

LALISA'S POV

"Where are we going?"

Jennie is driving us to god knows where. We should be going home after school but I was surprised when she's driving us the other way to our penthouse.

"Just somewhere." She shrugged and continued driving.

"Somewhere where?" I open the Bluetooth of my open and it automatically connected to her car's stereo.

"It's a surprise." She grinned and winked at me.

I just rolled my eyes at her and played my songs in a shuffle.

Hello
Are you awake right now?
God, I just need to hear the sound of you
Please, calm me down
And I know that it's selfish, but
You are the only thing that ever made sense to me, I
I don't wanna do this
I don't wanna do this without you

"You listen to Keshi?" She's smiling a lot these days. It looks good on her.

"I mean, who doesn't?" I acted sassy by flipping my hair.

Cling to your side
Voices at night
Cover my eyes
I'm terrified
No in between
A face on a screen
Ain't an adequate replacement for your being with me
Yeah, Yeah

"Right." She giggled. "What's your favorite song of him?"

"Hmm..." I put my pointed finger on my chin. "If you asked me that question before, I'd say 'Drunk' but it changes now."

She curiously looks at me. "What's your favorite now?"

"Us." I simply said.

She frowned at that. "Why?"

"This song is about two lovers falling apart ya know. Although they didn't want it to end, it doesn't work out.  Isn't it just... I don't know, great to relive the memories you had with each other? Like even if it didn't work out, you thought your relationship was beautiful enough to go back into memory lane with them."

She lovingly stared at me. "How can you have such a beautiful brain?"

"You're just whipped," I smirked at her.

"Hm-hm." She shooked her head. "I'm not whipped."

"Aren't you?" I love teasing her sometimes. 'Okay, maybe all the time.' I chuckled at my thoughts.

"Nope." She said emphasizing the p part. "I'm not whipped. I'm just in love." She looks back to the front and continued driving.

I was stunned at that response. Even if she had told me a lot of times how much she loves me. I still can't get used to it. Other than the fact that I have never had someone to truly be in love with me before, It's the fact that I never thought that someone can love me this much. Like it's hard to process.

I grew up receiving only a portion of my parent's love, and I even had to earn that by working hard in school, training hard in the company, and just being the perfect daughter that I should be. They sure are supportive, for sure. They don't mind that we go to parties a lot, though I don't. They provided us everything we needed but... they weren't able to give what all the children in the world would need. Love. I know at some point they do love me too. But I needed them to show me that.

That's why now that someone, Jennie,  is doing the things that I would've wanted from my parents. Showing me that I am cared for, cherished, and loved. It's making it hard for me to just... I don't know maybe accept it. Not because I don't want to but because I'm just scared of the things that I am not used to.

But then again, this is Jennie we are talking about. She always made me feel like it's okay. That everything's always gonna be fine. Every time I am with her I just feel like I am protected from all the difficulties life has to offer. And it just makes me feel... safe.

I was a little bit startled when I felt a hand on mine but immediately relaxed from the sudden warmth that consumed me.

"You said every time you were with me... you don't think about anything else but me." She teasingly said. She knows I was zoning out.

I chuckled at that. "I wasn't lying," I said while shaking my head.

She raised her brows. "Really now?" She grinned at me like she just caught me lying.

"Nini. I wasn't. Because for the record, I was thinking about you."

"Sweet talker." She rolled her eyes but I can see the faint blushed on her cheeks tho. I smirked at her and she just shook her head at that. She kissed my hand and went out to open the door for me.

'I didn't notice that we're here already. Wherever this is.'

"What is this place?" I ask as I continued to brush my hands on her hair while she's just casually lying on my lap.

Thank god, she brought a blanket, or else I'll have to sit on the grass. I don't know when did she prepared all of this food that we have right now when we were together the whole day.

"This place... I found this the first time I was broken-hearted." I was surprised at the information because I didn't know she had someone before. "I was so in love with her... but she, forgot about me because of a certain accident."

I saw how it was kind of hard for her to talk about it so I held her hand. "We don't have to talk about it you know."

She smiled and take a seat. She held my hand tightly. "I'm okay now. You're here."

"So yeah... since then, I always come here. Because this somehow become a safe place for me. I can cry, shout, and just be vulnerable. Like a haven. I brought you here because I want you to know that... you can be vulnerable with me. You don't have to be strong with me baby, because I'm here every time you fall apart. I can be your own haven. I wanna be that one for you, love."

She wiped the tears that fall from my eyes. I didn't even know I'm already crying.

"Thank you, Nini." My tears are still falling from the overwhelming feeling that this woman just made me feel. "I can't thank you enough for everything that you have done for me since we met. But I'll try my best to be the best I can be for you."

"You already are." She kissed my forehead. "I love you so much, Lisa." She breathlessly said as she rested her forehead on mine.

I closed my eyes to feel her warmth. "Just a little bit more time, Nini."

"I'm not rushing."

"I know... and I thank you for that, for giving me time, and for just... being you."

"Look over there." She tilted my head to the side and saw the sunset. 'It's beautiful.' "Another reason why I brought you here... is the sunset. I know how much you love them."

I looked at her and smiled at her. Just like how I was in love with the moon, sunrise, and sunset. I am in love with her too.

'I guess, I'm just in love with all the beautiful things the universe has to offer. And my Jennie is one of them.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Busan By Lyn

Fanfiction

3.4M 97.9K 49
Lalisa Manoban was an ordinary girl. She just finished studying in Busan, and for going back in Seoul, she will pursue her dreams and have a decent j...
96.6K 2.2K 43
Lisa Manoban, a renowned second child of Manoban Family. She became successful on her own and established her own company without anyone's help. She...
238K 8.9K 45
Jennie, a victim of her past and a hostage of her mind was an ice cold princess, she doesn't let anyone enter her life. Jennie always thought that li...
31.4K 910 58
Lisa hated her. Everything about her. Fucking Miss Perfect. Rich parents, pretty face, good grades and by the way also the schools student representa...