Penguin At Your Service (Mich...

By vividhopes14

Myoui Mina's peaceful student and gaming life suddenly changed into a chaotic one when the trouble-maker Son... More

Prologue
Chapter 1

Chapter 2

197 11 15
By vividhopes14

Chaeyoung

"Faster! You have to at least finish half of the field. You have until 5 PM today." Jihyo unnie commanded; both hands on her hips like a mother yelling at her kids to do some chores. I reluctantly picked up another empty plastic bottle and tossed it inside the garbage bag.

Never in my whole life, I have imagined myself doing this; picking up trashes in a soccer field. Damn those students who keep on littering everywhere. The trashes are not that much but they are scattered in this spacious field. Imagine the distance that I have to walk just to pick up another piece of junk.

So, this is how it feels to have a job like this. I suddenly felt bad for those employees dealing with such work. I felt guilty as I, myself, also is one of those students who throw garbage here and there.

"Maybe I should stop littering so it won't be that hard for the cleaners," I mumbled to myself.

"Then those cleaners would be jobless." Dahyun suddenly commented. I didn't notice that she's standing beside me. "If all of the students stop throwing trashes, those cleaners will lose their job." She continued pointing out to the cleaners who are sitting on the bleachers watching us. Jihyo unnie told them to rest for now as we'll be taking over the cleaning for now as a punishment for what happened yesterday.

What Dahyun said may sound ridiculous but it's kinda true. Well, I think littering is still fine as long as it's not too much. I don't want them to lose their job. Wait, why am I even worrying about them? Geez. I should be worrying about how to get out of this situation. I looked at Tzuyu who's sitting prettily on the bleachers watching us while eating bread. She's sure enjoying the scene. I just shook my head as I don't think she's here to help; she's here to watch me suffer. It's a good thing Dahyun is here to help me. I turned to my side to face my friend but she's no longer beside me.

I heard her laughing with the Shiba and that ferocious Momo. What a traitor! Why is she even nice to those two after what they did to me? Is this the reason why she's here? If it wasn't for those two nosy Japanese friends of that penguin, I wouldn't be in this situation, yet there she is, enjoying herself and flirting with those two. Damn Dubu!

I stomped my foot in annoyance and continued picking up trashes when I heard that familiar soft voice a few meters away from me.

"Thank you," Mina said shyly as two guy students approached and offered to help. If I know, they just want to ask her out. I couldn't blame them though. She really is beautiful and the way she moves is full of grace. I don't really pay much attention to others except my friends but this Myoui Mina is no ordinary. There's something about her that makes me more curious that I want to know her more.

Our eyes met when she turned to me but she looked away instantly then picked up an empty soda can elegantly. What the hell? How can someone still look so elegant by just picking up trashes? No wonder why she's quite popular with guys and even girls in this school; her whole being screams elegance.

"She would melt any moment now." I was startled by that familiar voice.

"I can't blame you. Myoui Mina is 10/10. You got a good taste." Rose put her arm around my shoulder, her eyes fixed on Mina.

"Chaeyoung is not like you. She's as straight as a pole." Jisoo unnie butted in. "Right, Chaeyoungie?" She winked at me as she knew that I've been crushing on Bogum oppa since grade school. She accidentally discovered it when she caught me staring at his photo saved on my phone. Only a few of my close friends know about it; Tzuyu, Dahyun, and Jisoo unnie.

"Hmm... We'll see about that." Rose said still eyeing Mina almost drooling. "It must be nice to have a girlfriend like her. Look at that angelic face and perfect body. Well, her boobies are not that big but still a jackpot."

"What the hell? Why are you such a perv?" She earned a smack from Jisoo unnie and me.

"Ouch." Rose pouted then chuckled afterward. She's always like this; talking about girls and I'm fine with it, but the way she talks about Mina irks me and I don't know why. Maybe it's because she is my slave.

"Are you here just to check on Mina?" I rolled my eyes. "Such a playgirl. I'll tell Jennie unnie."

"Of course, we're here for you! Don't tell my Nini." She immediately turned her gaze to me and ruffled my hair.

I shoved her hand, "Yah! Not my hair!"

"Hey, you two. Don't distract Chaeyoung from doing her task today." We turned our gaze at Jihyo unnie who's now walking towards us. "Unless you're here to help her just like them." She halted in front of us and pointed in Mina's direction with those two guys helping her.

"Hello, sexy God Jihyo." Rose winked at her then her eyes landed on Jihyo unnie's chest. I could only shake my head. I often wonder why Jennie unnie even dated my pervert friend.

Jihyo unnie just ignored her as Rose is notorious for such remarks.

"I'm sorry, President Park. We just want to check if it's true that Chaeyoung is cleaning the field." Jisoo unnie said then pulled Rose by the arm.

"What? I thought you're here to help me!" I exclaimed upon hearing the reason why they came here. Aish.

"Sorry, friend. We gotta go now, bye!" And just like that, the two ran off leaving me alone with Jihyo unnie. What kind of friends are they? Tsk.

Jihyo unnie was about to return to the bleachers when I stopped her, "Unnie."

There's something that I really want to know since yesterday. I didn't get the chance to ask her about it as she was interrogating us about what really happened yesterday.

"Yes?" She halted.

"What's going on between you and Tzuyu?" She flinched and it took her a few seconds to answer.

"W-What do you mean?"

"You two were holding hands yesterday. What is that about? And why are you even together yesterday?" It's really intriguing since I have never seen them talking to each other before. I was so surprised that I have even forgotten about my bleeding nose.

"We were holding hands?" She chuckled, "That's nonsense. Why would we even hold hands?"

"But I really saw it. I swear!" I defended.

She shook her head, "It must be Momo's punch. You must be feeling dizzy yesterday which made you imagine such things." She countered.

Maybe she's right. Why would they even hold hands? It's impossible, right? Tzuyu is the type of person who does not interact with just anybody. Plus, I haven't seen even a slight interaction between the two before. But why were they together yesterday?

"If you're wondering why we were together yesterday, it was just a coincidence." Right on cue, she explained as if she had read my mind. "I was on my way to the student council's office when I bumped into her then we heard the commotion caused by you and the Japanese girls." She then eyed me, "You better behave Son Chaeyoung. I still don't believe what you and Mina reasoned out yesterday."

"Mina herself said it. Don't you believe her?" Mina explained that it was just a misunderstanding and even apologized to me on behalf of Momo. I was surprised that she did not even rat me to Jihyo unnie. I suddenly felt guilty at how kindhearted she is. She even covered me up. Maybe being a gamer is really important to her.

"I believe her. It's just that I don't trust you. I have this feeling that you're holding something against her that she has no other choice but to cover your ass."

How in the world did she know about it? Is she a psychic? I was about to protest when we heard a shriek not that far from us. It was Mina.

"I'm sorry but I have to refuse." She said in a nervous tone.

"Why? It's just one date." The guy who was helping her earlier insisted then tried to hold Mina's arm but she was fast enough to dodge.

"Come on, why are you so hard to get? We even helped you out." The other guy said then grabbed Mina's hand but she was fast enough to shove his hand and slap his face.

"You, bitch!" The guy was about to jump to Mina but my reflex is faster. Before he could even reach her, I punched his face so hard that I felt a sting on my knuckles. "She's mine! Don't you ever lay a finger on her!"

I heard Jihyo unnie and Mina gasp. I was also surprised by what I did and blurted out. My body reacted first before I even realize what I have done. I was pissed off seeing those filthy hands trying to touch my slave. That's normal, right? As her master, I shouldn't let anybody harm her. Wait, isn't it the other way around? It should be the slave's job to protect her master. Aish. So frustrating.

I was about to hit the guy again when Jihyo unnie stopped me, "Son Chaeyoung!"

The guy took that chance to take his revenge but before he could even lay a finger on me, he was knocked off facing the grassy ground. He's granting in pain while Momo is on top of him holding his arm firmly at his back. Sana then got down on her knees beside the two and started counting 1 – 10 as a referee in a wrestling match.

"Gosh! Could you please stop using violence here?!" Jihyo unnie's loud voice echoed in the field which made us all freeze in our position.

"The two of you! To the student council's office!" She commanded pointing at the two boys. Momo loosened her grip on the guy who's still lying flat on the ground then stood up. The two immediately scurried away but Jihyo unnie made sure that they will go to the office later.

"And for the rest of you here. Your punishment will be extended until next week!"

"Eh?!" The Japanese girls protested in unison.

"Don't you think that's unfair? We just helped Mina from those bastards." I retorted.

"Watch your word, Son Chaeyoung." She authoritatively said.

Gosh, how many times has she called me in my full name today? I just huffed and glared at Mina since this is her fault. If she did not allow those two douchebags to help her, this wouldn't have happened. But as soon as our eyes met, my eyes soften when I saw that cute pout of hers. 

That pout screams "I'm sorry" in an adorable way. That's unfair! Don't pout like that!

"Chaeyoung is right. That's really unfair. They just helped Mina. You also witnessed what happened here." My tall friend, Tzuyu to the rescue. I didn't notice that she's already standing beside me.

My sharp eyes didn't miss the way Jihyo unnie stiffened. I thought she would rebut but to my surprise, she just said, "Okay, you got a point."

"That's what I was talking about." I butted in. I know there's something fishy going on here. She didn't listen to me and when it was Tzuyu who spoke, she did not oppose.

"It's 4 minutes to 5. Let's wrap it up for now. Same time tomorrow. You have to be here at 4 pm sharp." Jihyo unnie announced ignoring what I just said then walked away. What the hell is wrong with that Thomas?

I was about to talk to Tzuyu when I felt a soft tug on the hem of my shirt. It was Mina.

"Thank you." She mumbled but it was still audible.

"That's nothing," I answered coolly.

"Thank you, Master." She repeated but this time, she addressed me as 'Master.' My heart cries in joy. I'm trying my best to suppress the smile almost forming in my mouth and still play it cool. Damn. Why am I trying so hard to look cool in front of her?

I raised a brow at her, "I only did that because you are my slave. I just don't want others touching what's mine."

"What do you mean she's yours?" Tzuyu suddenly butted in.

Mina and I suddenly panicked as I'm 100% sure she overheard us. We just exchanged glances as we don't know how to escape my friend's interrogation.

"That midget blackmailed our Mitang!" The annoying Shiba answered instead. Mina and I facepalmed in sync.

"Care to explain in full details?"

========================

The six of us ended up sharing the same table at the school cafeteria which is an unusual sight for the other students because we never share a table with anyone except our other friends of course. And the Japanese line is not the type of people we hang out with.

These three are quite popular because they are the campus' top dancers, plus they are undeniably beautiful.

I don't really know that much about them but if I'm going to describe them based on our first ever encounter? They all have weird personalities; especially Momo. She's so creepy and brutal. Sana is really annoying and I heard she's an ultimate flirt and womanizer; probably worse than the other Chaeyoung. As for Mina? I only know she's a hardcore gamer and of course, her overflowing elegance.

"I knew it. Something is really going on." Tzuyu said with a smirk as soon as we explained everything. "You're easy to read, my short friend."

"Yah! I'm not short. You're just tall!" I objected but I'm really amazed at how well Tzuyu knows me. Or am I that really easy to read?

"Don't you think that's too much?" Dahyun suddenly asked, "Mina as your slave?" She shook her head. "I can't believe you have the guts to do that. What an ambitious brat."

"That's right, Dahyunie. Talk to your evil friend and make her realize what she's doing is really wrong and inhumane." Sana interposed pointing her index finger at me.

I just glared at her then looked at Dahyun. She has a point anyway. I shouldn't have blackmailed Mina in the first place. I sighed in defeat. I guess we have to nullify the deal. I was about to announce it when Mina who's sitting across me suddenly said, "I'm still doing it."

With mouth agape, we all looked at her in disbelief. "I already said yes, and you know me. I never back down." She spoke nonchalantly. "I'm not Pengu Master for nothing. You know I love challenges." She said to her two friends seated beside her.

So, I'm a challenge, huh? Is this penguin underestimating me? I'll show you a real challenge then. I wasn't aware that I was grinning widely until Tzuyu pointed out, "Your smile tells me you're planning something naughty."

"Yah! Don't you ever dare do something bad to Mina." The Shiba threatened.

Momo on the other hand didn't say anything but her sharp glare was enough as if telling me she's going to kill me. Mina has protective friends. I quite envy her. Tzuyu and Dahyun rarely take my side and mostly pointing out that it is my fault. Then there's Jisoo unnie and Rose; those two are useless and always annoy me. But despite their personalities, I know they love me and there are times that I can depend on them. Ugh, why am I suddenly being sentimental here?

"I can handle this. No worries." Mina reassured her friends.

"Okay, if you say so," Sana said.

I won. Myoui Mina is still my slave. I pulled my notebook out of my bag and handed it to Mina, "Here, take this. Do my term paper and report. The details are written there."

Mina took the notebook and put it inside her bag while the others are side commenting. I just ignored them.

"Just don't be hard on her, Chaeng." Tzuyu reminded.

I just nodded in response. It makes me feel excited as I feel that there's something special about her that I couldn't tell. Our eyes met again but this time, something is odd.

Wait a goddamn minute. Did she just smirk? It was just a split second though. My mind could be just playing tricks on me, right? I looked away and diverted my gaze to Dahyun who just gave her food to Momo.

"Here, you can take mine." She offered. Momo took it happily and ate like she has not eaten for days. I can tell that Dahyun likes Momo. She does not offer her food easily to anyone.

Sana on the other hand offered her hotdog to Dahyun, "Say aaahh."

Dubu took a bite of Sana's hotdog and smiled cheekily. What the hell? Is this threesome?

I suddenly thought of something as watching them is fun. I turned to Mina then cleared my throat before saying, "Hey, Mina. Feed me."

She looked at me with furrowed brows. "I want your hotdog," I said pointing at her plate with her hotdog bathing in ketchup. She got what I was telling her to do but I suddenly want to take it back after seeing how it was thickly coated with ketchup, but it was too late as she already lifted her fork and was about to feed to me.

"These kids." I heard Tzuyu commented.

====================================

I got out of my car as soon as I parked it in the garage. I walked my way to the living room and saw Jennie unnie with Nayeon. I don't call her unnie. I just call her Nayeon since we're not really blood-related and I don't like her.

"Hi, Chaeyoung!" Jennie unnie greeted me.

"Chaeyoung." Nayeon called me beaming her annoying bunny smile.

I only acknowledged Jennie unnie's presence and smiled at her. I ignored the other one as usual. The two are friends since high school and Jennie unnie visits here from time to time and she's aware of our situation. 

I like Jennie unnie as she's nice to me and I was the reason why she met Rose. She happened to be here when I brought Jisoo unnie and Rose one time. The latter was head over heels at Jennie unnie when she first saw her, telling me that it was love at first sight; which is the line that she usually says when seeing pretty girls. But that time, Rose was serious. She courted Jennie unnie and she was persistent until she won her heart. That's the first time I witnessed a serious Rose.

I went straight to my room and took a quick shower. I'll just eat dinner once I'm sure that Nayeon is inside her room. I don't want to see her face.

As I was drying my hair, I heard someone knocking on my door. My expression went sour when I opened the door.

"What do you want?"

"I-I just want to check on you," Nayeon responded, obviously hesitant to answer but still tried.

"Check on me, huh?"

"I heard that you're cleaning the soccer field for a week and that you had a fight with Momo."

"You want to check if I'm doing something wrong and tell our parents? Go ahead, tell them that I did something bad again." I'm not in the mood to talk. It's not that I like talking to her even if I'm in a good mood. I was about to close the door when she stopped me.

"No-no! It's not like that. I just want to check if you're fine. How's your nose?" She said with concerned eyes.

"Stop acting nice to me." I deadpanned instead of answering her. "Stop acting as if you care."

"But I do care, Chaeyoung. I am your sister." I can sense the sincerity in her eyes and voice but I won't fall for it. She took everything from me. She took away Eomma's attention from me. She took away my first ever best friend Jeongyeon unnie. Bogum oppa even became her fiancé. How much more does she want from me? My trust? Hell, no! I will never trust her.

"Stop it," I said sternly.

She was about to open her mouth to say something but I did not let her as I slammed the door right in front of her face.

I plopped on my bed as I try my best to refrain from crying. I hugged the strawberry plushie that Tzuyu gave me. I want to sleep immediately and just forget everything for a while but my stomach betrayed me. I'm so hungry. Aahh... But I don't want to go out.

My phone suddenly beeped, indicating that someone sent me a message. I opened it lazily and read.

Done with your term paper and report.

Woah. That's fast. This penguin is really something. I immediately called her.

"Hello?" She answered after three rings.

"Send food here."

"Eh?!"

============================================

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

849K 19.3K 48
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
133K 5.5K 99
a sister who's actions are untamed, and a brother who's feelings are untamed. With complete different personalities, yet an awesome bond, the sibling...
440K 30.1K 45
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
120K 4.2K 95
'How I obsessively adore you' ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ started➛30/03/2024 finished➛ ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ cover by me x