The Darkness he Carries

By tjones951

A reaction fanfic where the 2nd year student body will react to the White room, specifically the 4th generati... More

Prologue
Those Who Will Lead Japan
Holder of the Fate Tenchuusatu
Freedom, Contradictions, and Solitude
Legacy of the Masterpiece
What is fated to come
Epilogue
SS: A vandal
SS: Calm before the storm
SS: Prospect of a new pawn

The price of freedom

21.3K 399 688
By tjones951

Time: 8:00 am, Est. 2 years ago

Location: Private estate of the Ayanokoji family

Tsukishiro POV

I remember that day clearly even after all these years....

I remember myself as a child.... abandoned by my parents who wanted to explore the world and gave up on me to chase that dream. I was left to rot in the slums of Tokyo. Each day, I picked through garbage to scavenge what food I could find and slept wherever was dry.

I wandered the streets begging people while on my hands and knees for food and water. The adults would just glance at me only to turn away instantly. They couldn't bother themselves to help someone like me as it didn't directly concern nor benefit them. These people would continue their lives turning a blind eye to the less fortunate.... this world truly is cruel.

And I.... a mere 5-year-old boy, had to fight against that cruelty to survive.

Alone....

But....

That was until you found me.... sensei.

Flashback:

"What's your name?"

As I laid there in the alley of an apartment complex, I heard someone talk in my direction. I opened my eyes slightly to see a young man, perhaps in his mid-twenties, looking at me while holding an umbrella to keep me dry from the rain.

"T-Tsukishiro...." I said while raising up to see the man before me.

"Tsukishiro-kun hm? Tell me, what is a kid like you doing in a place like this all alone at night?"

He crouched down to eye level with me; getting a better look at him, he was a physically fit man. His hair was well trimmed and by his uniform he appears to be a soldier.

"It was the only place I could find to rest for the day.... the only place people wouldn't chase me away from."

"And your parents don't care you're out like this..."

"T-They're.... on vacation...."

His mouthed parted slightly upon hearing my words, it looks like he was hoping for a better answer.

"I see.... never mind what I said then."

I guess he figured out what I meant. No decent parents would allow their child to live like this.

If only I knew what it was like to have good parents, then they could hold the umbrella to keep me safe and dry instead of a stranger....

"Well, let's get going then, come on. You can stay at my place tonight, it's not a big place, but its dry at the very least."

With that, he took me in his arms still holding the umbrella to keep me dry as he took me back to his home. Despite only meeting this man.... I felt safe and happy....

"Excuse me minster.... what's your name?"

As he walked, he looked down at me with a warm, calming smile and said,

"My name is Matsuo, it's nice to meet you."

Flashback end:

"Looks like I need to rely on you again old comrade, but knowing your kind heart you will know what to do."

Saying that I laid a red envelope down on the doormat and rang the doorbell.

It's your move, Ayanokoji-kun.

Time: 11:00 am

Location: Cruise ship theater

3rd person POV

"TSUKISHIRO!"

"The one and only." Agent Tsukishiro said with a sly yet gentle smile.

"Tsukishiro! What is the meaning of this!?" Mashima alongside Chabashira stormed down and walked up on stage to confront him. Agent Tsukishiro showed no signs of aggression as he allowed them to continue.

"What is your aim at Tsukishiro? If you truly are from the White Room as you mentioned earlier, then why would you go against the professor despite no longer being under his employment? What is the benefit for you showing Ayanokoji-kun's past? Why show these videos to the students of this school? Why wou-"

"Now, now, I'm sure this is a surprise for the teachers and the students here. I will explain everything, so I ask everyone to remain calm and listen."

'Fufu this will be interesting.'

'Acting director Tsukishiro is from the White Room.... and he's here showing us these videos about Ayanokoji-kun to allow us to lend him our support.... so why would he talk to Shiba-sensei about e-expelling him?'

Ichinose pondered unsure what to think or believe, she knew from the incident on the island he was after Ayanokoji but couldn't understand the point of all this.

"Well then, I guess a proper introduction is in order again. My name is Tsukishiro, many of you know me as acting director Tsukishiro as a temporary replacement for chairman Sakayanagi. However, that is just a front. I am an agent previously employed by professor Ayanokoji to serve the White Room and protect his research."

"YOU MONSTER!" Shinohara yelled with many others joining in.

"How could you! You helped that devil hurt those children and Kiyotaka-kun!" The previous anger they had at Agent Tsukishiro once again boiled over as the students yelled at the suited man on stage.

"Once again, I understand what I did was wrong. Rest assured I am not here to asked for forgiveness."

'Everyone's forgiveness means nothing to me.... my goal has already been fulfilled.'

"Indeed, all this may not make sense to everyone here, but I do have my reasons. The professor's mission was for me to expel Ayanokoji-kun and bring him back to the facility. However, that is not my mission, but I couldn't allow for any suspensions to leak out and make its way back to him, so I had to play along while carrying out my true agenda."

"A double agent, huh.... kuku"

"You are correct Ryuen-kun, it was necessary to deceive certain individuals here to increase the efficiency of my plan, the plan that everyone here is witnessing now."

"And by certain people, I assume you mean Shiba-sensei, yes?"

"Yes, you are correct Chabashira-sensei."

"W-Wait you said individuals.... there are more people here at school from the White Room?" Matsushita asked catching that small detail.

Sudo, Horikita and Ibuki all had flashes of a cheeky kouhai go through their brains hearing this question.

'Impressive.' "I cannot go into specifics as that will interfere with my objective. However, I will say this now to everyone here, mostly importantly the teachers, I will step down as acting director and leave this school along with Shiba-sensei. You have my word on that."

'Once this last video is complete.... my final move will have been played Ayanokoji-kun.'

"As mentioned before, my mission is to show these videos to help everyone understand Ayanokoji-kun and the White Room, this is why I am going against professor Ayanokoji, that is my true mission here at ANHS."

"You'd go that far to help Kiyotaka...." Karuizawa asked with uncertainty.

"I am not asking anyone to trust me at this stage or any stage, all I ask is for everyone to finish this last video as it will answer many more of your questions."

"I'm sure everyone here is still angry and wary of me, but we must continue."

"Very well.... we've gone this far, so we will play along with you for now Tsukishiro and continue watching, students I assume this won't be a problem for any of you." Mashima asked the students for confirmation.

The student body shook their heads signaling for agent Tsukishiro to continue.

Agent Tsukishiro un-paused the video with the title:

  The price of freedom

Ayanokoji POV

 The limo sped down the highway through the heart of Tokyo as we made our way to the Ayanokoji family's private mansion. Tokyo hasn't changed dramatically but it has definitely developed in infrastructure since the last time I seen the metropolitan shopping center.

"Kiyotaka, I will repeat what I said earlier, despite not being in the White Room for the next year; you are ordered to continue your training based on the regiment documented for you. Matsuo will be your caretaker during this time. Understood?"

"Yes sir."

After almost two hours of traffic and sightseeing we pulled into the driveway of an enormous building. A main structure with Japanese Cypress siding with ebony tile roofing that complements the twin chimneys protruding from it. This main section was connected to two side wings that had tradition Japanese Okichigi roofs. It's interesting to say the least, coming from a high-tech facility to spend a year in a rustic mansion.

 Not that I'm complaining though.

"Woah, that place is huge."

"Hmph, such a place is no match for the pristine estate of the Koneji family." Koneji said not even glancing to look at the video.

"W-Wait, I know that place, that's in the same suburbs as my family's house." Matsushita said instantly covering her mouth.

Her classmates stared at her.

"Matsushita-san.... not you too.... do you know Ayan-" Horikita tried to ask.

"No, no. The first time I've met him was in this school, but.... wait, I remember now, I remember seeing that butler, Matsuo when I was younger. He'd always take morning walks and greet all the kids around the area, pick flowers for us girls.... he was really nice...." She said with a smile remember Matsuo's kindness.

Poor Matsushita.... if only she'd spent more time with Matsuo, no perhaps it would've been worse for her if she did....

"Greetings Professor Ayanokoji.... and to you as well young master Ayanokoji-kun, my name is Matsuo. It's an honor and pleasure to serve as your butler for this upcoming year. I hope you'll find your stay both enriching and relaxing."

"He seems nice...."

"That's the same limo driver from before."

The man that bowed before me was a tall slender man with white hair and chiseled face that complemented his professional attire. He had a warm looking smile that didn't seem to carry any malice in it.... something I don't ever recall seeing in the White Room.

"Yeah.... the only smiles he's seen are the ones the instructors gave before beating the hell out of the children, tch." Sudo said in anger.

"Thank you for having me, Matsuo. I will be in your care."

"Matsuo, as his butler and my employee, make sure to follow your orders down to the letter. Understood?"

"Of course, sir."

"Good, Kiyotaka after the maintenance is finished at the White Room, I will send word to retrieve you, make sure you're prepared for then."

I gave a slight nod as 'that man' made his way back to the limo, and with that Matsuo welcomed me into the lavish mansion.

The entrance made its way into a spacious lobby area with parquet flooring made from Tigerwood based on its color and grain patterns. The walls were also made from Japanese Cypress much like the outside, but were varnished to a sheen. Many paintings and artifacts lined the sides and walls, all this leads me to indicate 'that man' has used to place for business meetings. He would show his guests around the mansion in a set route to display such lavish artwork and architecture to intimate them with his wealth and high status hence causing them to crumble when discussions began.

A simple but effective psychological tactic, most notably used by merchants of Florence, Italy in the 15th and 16th centuries to haggle their trade's worth.

'His observation skills are amazing, if he used his abilities to the fullest, we'd definitely be in Class B now let alone Class A.' Chabashira thought with excitement.

Soon her defect will be exposed....

"It still amazes me his ability to deduce such things from minor details." Katsuragi said analyzing the same things as Ayanokoji.

"He even does this outside the White Room, well after his training, it's basically hard-wired in his brain." Ike said with Shinohara nodding. For once he doesn't say something completely stupid.

"You seem quite interested in the building young master Ayanokoji-kun."

"Hm, oh, it's just. The colors I guess are interesting to me....and please just call me Ayanokoji."

His eyes widen slightly, but then he chuckled with a smile.

"Very well, Ayanokoji-kun, please allow me to show you to your room."

Matsuo led me up to the second floor to a bedroom, opening the door for me I walked insid-

".... this is my room...."

"That's a room!? My home isn't as big as that place!"

"A room fit for our king, the bed will be quite suited for him, haha" Hashimoto said with a grin.

"Hm, is there something wrong, Ayanokoji-kun?"

"No, it's nothing major, it's just.... I've never had a room this large and comfortable just for myself."

"I see...."

It looks like that was an answer he didn't want to hear. Matsuo, the main butler and limo driver for 'that man' has served us for many years; he knew about me coming from the White Room and the conditions the students had to face, at least some of it anyway.

"Does he know.... about all the deaths...." Hirata asked hesitantly.

"Matsuo hasn't been inside the White Room, but he has heard the mutters from various instructors about the ordeals that take place in the facility. It pieced together with what details he obtained." Agent Tsukishiro said to clear any suspicions

"Well, I hope these new accommodations will become to your liking. I'll allow you to settle in, lunch is at 4 and dinner at 7. I must say the schedule your father has you on is quite strict.... as usual it would seem."

"I guess."

Matsuo left me as I walked around my room analyzing all four corners then I laid down on the bed and pondered my current situation.

"Freedom.... at least for one year anyway."

"Kiyopon looks so relaxed.... his aura is the same when he hangs with us.... wait." Haruka looked at the others whom all smiled happily realizing their friend Kiyotaka truly does enjoy hanging with them.

This one year will be priceless for me, a place to escape to from the White Room. Although it may seem like it, I don't hate the White Room.

"W-What why not?!"

"Ike-kun, please think before you shout out, Ayanokoji-kun doesn't understand those types of emotions anymore. Even if he did hate the White Room, he wouldn't know it.... at least I think so anyway." Horikita said muttering the last part.

"What do you think Sakayanagi-san?"

"Well, to answer your question, Masumi-san for Ayanokoji-kun; even if he did have such emotions, they would still be useless for him; hating or liking the White Room means nothing to him since it didn't help him become stronger."

It's just.... contrary to what 'that man' says, I can't learn everything there. There are many things in this world that can't be learned within those white walls and this freedom is just one of those things.

The time I went to New York when I was seven and now proved to me just how big the world really was and that there were many things left for me to experience. Just like this mansion, its construction and décor.... it all piqued my curiosity; such trivial things couldn't have been learned in that self-sufficient facility.

"A curious one, isn't he?" Mashima said to Chabashira who nodded.

'Is that why he's here at school? To learn those things, but.... how?' Ichinose thought impatient to how Ayanokoji made his way into the school.

This is why I oppose 'that mans' beliefs.

"That's why you want us to help Ayanokoji-kun go against his father, with their different views being a strong point of tension." Mashima said to which Agent Tsukishiro nodded not giving any information that would create suspicions.

For the first few hours I explored the mansion checking out every room. There were no cameras apart from the security cameras outside with motion-sensor floodlights to deter any possible house robbers. The mansion came with several recreational rooms like an indoor pool and gym area in which I'll be utilizing for my tasks. Along with several guest accommodations the mansion had an impressive 14 rooms each with its own master bath.

"Who needs that many rooms?!"

"It's a mansion, you idiot. Not your parents' shack."

"Hey, go to hell!"

"Just how much money went into a place like this...."

"Oh, there you are Ayanokoji-kun, I have prepared your lunch, please come to the dining room when you're ready." Matsuo said walking up to me handing me an ice-cold glass of water.

I made my way to the dining room were presented before me was a meal....

".... Unexpected"

"Woah, that looks awesome."

"I'm getting hungry just looking at it.... man, this is torture."

"Oi, some of us are getting hungry down here, the only shit you've given us is candy bars and tea in the last few hours." Ryuen said to Agent Tsukishiro.

"I suppose you're right; I have prepared sandwiches and other light snacks for everyone. Please help yourself."

"Awh gross, I thought this was ham, not tuna salad." How do you mistake the two...

"Is the meal not to your liking Ayanokoji-kun?"

"No sorry, its nothing." I had expected my nutritional needs to mirror what was prepared for me in the White Room, but instead a meal consisting of curry over fried rice, a mixed green salad and a side of Shokupan, a traditional Japanese milk bread, I once seen in a culinary book.

"If it's alright with you Ayanokoji-kun may I dine with you?"

"I can't say no to the man taking care of me for a year on the first day, can I?"

"Haha, I see, thank you very much." Matsuo sat down on the opposite side of the table facing me, his meal consisted of the same dishes as mine.

Well here goes nothing, I took a bite of the curry rice.... the taste was well....

It actually had a taste.

"Delicious...."

"That's the first time in a long time Kiyopon's face changed like that."

"Yeah, makes me happy.... and a little sad." Akito said.

"Is it? I'm so glad you enjoy my cooking; I was concerned there for a second the way your eyes widened." His eyes widened too and a radiant smile came over his face.

"You cooked this Matsuo?"

"Of course, as the main butler and sole caretaker of the mansion, who would I be if I couldn't feed my guests good food, especially for someone like you Ayanokoji-kun."

'I want to cook for Ayanokoji-kun too....' Sato said looking down.

".... Sato-san.... would you mind helping me.... make cookies for Kiyotaka, I suck at baking, hehehe." Kaurizawa turned towards here with a shy expression.

"Yes! I'd be happy to!" Sato was now overwhelmed with happiness.

I listened to him as a crammed down the food, I was trying to display good table etiquette but I have never had food that tasted this good. It was the complete opposite of the bland porridge concentrate the students of the White Room would eat three times a day every day.

"Yeah, all they've showed in the videos is that same gross looking crap. How is that supposed to be healthy."

"It's healthy is the reason it looks like crap." So true....

I glanced at Matsuo who was still smiling, but I sensed a slight concerned expression come from him as he watched me aggressively attack my food at which point, I slowed down not to worry him.

Matsuo continued to have a smile on his face as he watched me eat only to take a bite of his food and drink from a porcelain cup of his. However, I could smell a distinct aroma in the area that was quite different from everything else.

"Matsuo, may I ask what you are drinking?"

"Hm, oh coffee. Black Molokai Coffee, I ground this morning from Red Catuai beans."

"Mol... mol, k-kai?" Just stop Ike, you're embarrassing yourself.

"It's Molokai Ike-kun, it is a high-grade coffee that can be quite expensive, as well as being hard to find in many places." Horikita said flipping her short hair.

Coffee, huh?

"May I try a glass as well?"

"Of course, I have some more still hot, would you care for cream and sugar?"

"No, I'd like it the same as you."

Matsuo poured me a cup of the black liquid as the intense aroma made its way up my nose. The smell is hard to explain, though I did pick up the slight scent of flowers. It smelled refreshing I guess is the best way to put it.

"Very well then, but I must warn you, it's quite strong."

Saying that, I nodded and took a sip of the coffee. It was indeed strong and very bitter; however, it was interesting. Based on its name, it must originate from the U.S. state of Hawaii, a chain of islands formed by volcanos. Minerals from these volcanoes would washed down with rain water into natural or artificial reservoirs used to irrigate coffee plantations giving this coffee its unique flavor and aroma.

"Just from the taste.... he figured all that out?"

"Once again, such trivial facts are nothing less than what's expected of Ayanokoji-kun, fufu."

"Oh, Hawaii, that's in the Atlantic Ocean!" *Facepalm* Shinohara has a red mark now on her forehead.

"You have got to be kidding me, we learned about Pearl Harbor a month ago during history class, how in the world do you forget this." Chabashira annoying said.

"Haha, you look so mesmerized by it, your eyes lit up again like the same when you tasted my food."

"Is that so." I guess I unconsciously changed my expression, even if slightly.

"You look just like my son whenever I give something new for him to try, his name is Eiichiro, he's around the same age as you."

"It's no surprise, your cooking is very good."

"Haha thank you Ayanokoji-kun."

As weeks pasted between these two, their bond grew deeper, well as least for Matsuo it did.... but.... an uncomfortable feeling dwelled within him as he looked after Ayanokoji. Being a father himself, he slowly became more concerned over his young master.

"Matsuo is not the only one concerned over Kiyopon, hehe, I don't think any of us are going to allow him out of our sight anymore.... we may just have to chain him to us." There she goes again with that evil scheming...

"H-Haruka...."

Matsuo POV

I'm assisting Ayanokoji-kun during his physical training, bringing him water and towels, but I couldn't shake this thought in my mind....

Once again, the sight of Ayanokoji-kun working out turning the theater into a steam engine with all the girls having smoke come from their ears.

"Ichinose.... hehe, are you having lewd thoughts?"

"N-No, I'm not, I'm not! Mako-sannnnn...." Ichinose said then pouting, cute....

"Ayanokoji-kun.... I've noticed this for a while now, but never really paid it much heed.... I don't recall ever seeing you smile...."

".... I see, it's just I don't know how to smile."

"Yeah.... he's never smiled before, not for real...." Kushida said remembering what she said during their first-year island exam.

"I want to make Ayanokoji-kun smile, like how he has for me." Hiyori said.

"Y-You don't know how to smile? You mean you've never smiled before? Not even in the White Room before your training or towards your classmates?"

"...."

"No, forgive, I shouldn't pry too much in your life, I'm sure you have your reasons."

I should've known better.... I know a glimpse of that evil place.

'I should've heeded those words too.... but, I'm sort of glad I didn't.... why is that?' Horikita thought unsure of herself.

"H-He only smiled.... to his m-mother...." Mii-chan said trying not to cry.

He's never smiled before....

I understand the conditions he had to face in that facility... but it's still not right, a child like him should show these emotions and expressions.

"It's not.... it's so cruel, Kiyotaka-kun never ask for that...." Hirata would never forgive the professor for what he did or forgive himself for never taking action to help his friend.

"Well on another note, you're quite the strong one Ayanokoji-kun." 

It's amazing that such a young boy is weight lifting well beyond the limits of some young adults.

*thump* *thump* Karuizawa's heart was racing seeing her boyfriend work out.

"Oh, fufu, you're blushing Masumi-san."

"I am not! It's from the beer from earlier!"

".... would you please repeat that.... Kamuro-san." Mashima said narrowing his eyes.

"Nothing sensei, its nothing."

"It's nothing special."

"I see...."

"My son would always train each day, saying that he'll help me when I grew older, hehe. I guess he thinks I'll be a feeble old man."

"Not at all, you mentioned he's working hard to repay his hardworking father back, this is just one way of him doing so."

"Mhm, any son would be happy to help their.... father.... as amazing as you.... Matsuo." Haruka said but then lowering her voice, what was that about?

"I see, I guess you're right. Thank you for your kind words, Ayanokoji-kun, they mean a lot to me."

I am truly grateful that the White Room, has shut down for a year. I am enjoying my time with you more than I had imagined.

Time skip:

Ayanokoji POV

I am currently working on my mathematic lessons about the Zermelo-Fraenkel set theory, a standard for set theory used as the most common foundation in modern mathematics.

"Mii-chan, translation please?" Shinohara asked not trying to say it.

"T-That's not English...."

"That's what happens when I fall asleep and hit my head on my keyboard."

"It's named after two mathematicians, Ernst Zermelo and Abraham Fraenkel, a German and Israeli mathematical genius respectively." Sakayanagi said to enlighten the students.

"Whew.... they're as lively as ever, haha."

"Is something wrong Matsuo?"

Matsuo walked into the front door, visibly short on breath.

"Hm, oh know. I was just going out for my morning walk, every day when I walk around the area, the children would come and walk with me. It's something I look forward to everyday. Before, I'd take Eiichiro with me, but he has to stay home while I look after you."

"Is that what you meant by earlier Matsushita-san?" Horikita asked her again.

"Yes, when I was little, Matsuo all the children in our suburb would walk around with him and he would tell us stories, I just now remembered after seeing the mansion, he's quite older now, hehe."

"I see, I guess they like you a lot."

"Oh yes, I've known most of them since they were a baby as well as their older siblings. I guess you could say I'm the residential grandpa for them all, haha."

"That's nice, but I'm sorry your son couldn't join you due to my presence."

"No, not at all Ayanokoji-kun, spending time with you here at the mansion has been something I quite enjoy."

"Truly a wonderful man, unlike those brutes in the White Room." Kanzaki mentioned.

He enjoys my company huh, if he would've said that the first week I stayed here at the mansion, I wouldn't have believed him. Now however, I don't recall him having any ulterior motives or feelings towards me, his smile has always been sincere and warming to me.

It's something I'm still not used to....

"I want to see Ayanokoji-kun smile.... he's already handsome, so that would blow me away." Sato said muttering the last part to herself.

Don't worry Sato, you're not the only one; just about every COTE fan will destroy all the furniture in their rooms if they see him smile in the LN.

"I'm glad."

"Ayanokoji-kun, you still have some time before your next task, how about we play catch. It could serve as your warm-up exercise."

"Play catch, as in a game?"

"Yep, here I got a baseball and two gloves I bought while I was out, we'll catch and throw it back to one another, lets head outside."

"He sees him like his son...." Katsuragi said, but Ryuen seems to be thinking about something else.

'The title says the price of freedom, what the fuck is that referring to, if I see any more of this lovely dovely crap, I'm going to throw up.'

I followed Matsuo outside where he gave me a glove and stood a few meters away from me and faced towards me.

"When I joined the Navy, I was stationed at the CFAY, during my first years of service. I made some great friends, whom were serving in the US navy's 7th fleet. They invited me and showed me how to play baseball and other sports. Me and Eiichiro would always play catch when he was younger, so I wanted to do the same with you Ayanokoji-kun."

"Tsukishiro, you must know about this, correct? I recall you must've been in the military to serve professor Ayanokoji as an agent, surely you're acquainted with Matsuo." Horikita asked raising her hand.

"I knew of Matsuo.... but not on a personal level, he was just another employee to professor Ayanokoji in my eyes."

Somebody, get that Polygraph machine.

Baseball, originating in 18th century England known as 'bass-ball' was brought to Canada by English immigrants, where in 1839 it was officially invented by Abner Doubleday, slowly it boomed to become America's national pastime and became popular here in Japan.

"You know, I bet Kiyotaka-kun would be amazing in sports, no he definitely would be amazing." Hirata said in his perception as an athlete.

"Hirata-kun, you should invite him to join the soccer club!"

"Hehe, I can ask him, but I doubt he'll join." You doubted correctly.

"Are you ready, Ayanokoji-kun?"

I nodded. What people refer to as sports are not existent in the White Room with the exception of swimming or running, but in the end that was for training; however, I have read several books about baseball and various ball sports common here in Japan.

Catching a baseball or any object for that matter requires certain steps to take place for the catch to prove effective.

I bend my knees, widening my stance and stood on the balls of my feet. The most important key of course is to watch the ball. 'You can't catch what you can't see' so to speak.

"I didn't even learn that stuff until I entered middle school, I was too scared the ball would hit my face."

"Even for this, he is analyzing his best course of actions." Matsushita said to herself.

"Oh, you look just like a professional player there, Ayanokoji-kun; but I must warn you, I may be old, but I take catch quite seriously. Coming at you!"

Down the center, slight curve to the right, wind blowing northeast, I made spit second adjustments then centered my glove as the ball flew into it. A perfect catch.

"Huh?"

"Eh?"

"Incredible, he observed and calculated all that information in just 2 seconds...." Katsuragi said impressive his Ayanokoji's ability to process data.

'Oh, there you go again, Ayanokoji-kun making my heart skip a beat, fufu.' Sakayanagi thought putting a hand over her somewhat existent chest.

[A/N There.... is that better readers, XD.]

"Amazing job! You're a natural Ayanokoji-kun."

"I just caught it like how you said, it wasn't nothing really."

"Haha, you and your modesty."

"Mhm, its always like that." Ichinose smiled recalling his modesty and kindness towards her.

We played for another hour tossing the ball back and forth while talking about various things, well him talking and me listening is the better way to put it. We'd do this once maybe twice a week and it was something we both honestly looked forward to.

"Akito, you should ask Kiyotaka to join the archery club, I know before he wasn't interested in clubs, but with you in there as his friend.... he may join." Keisei said to his companion next to him.

"Yeah, I'll do that, we need new recruits anyway."

Akito.... you mean well, but have you forgotten already.... the true nature of your friend Kiyotaka already.... he has no interest in such trivial things that are of no use to him.

Weeks turned into months and now in the middle of March, the time I have spent here at the mansion with Matsuo has truly been a precious memory for me. We'd spend every day at meal times talking, most of the time he'd talk about his son Eiichiro, and it would always bring that same smile to his face.

During my stay at the mansion, if you were to ask me if I was happy or not.... I would say yes, not that I understand what truly being happy means, but staying here with Matsuo has been peaceful to me, it's quiet and enjoyable here. I truly wished it last forever, but I know that isn't possible.

The students still were restless not understanding how Ayanokoji got into this school.... I'm sorry little ones.... what you shall witness soon will not be pleasant.

Although.... something seems to be worrying Matsuo, its only faint, but he seems to be troubled thinking about something. I decided it would be best not to ask, since it doesn't concern me.

Or so Ayanokoji thought.

Time skip:

Matsuo POV

 I watched as Ayanokoji-kun took the first bite of the Unagi Chazuke I have prepared for him, a dish consisting of broiled eel over rice in a Umanmi tea broth, one of Eiichiro's favorites.

"I've had that before, it's so yummy!" Kushida said with a smile.

"I can't eat an eel.... I just can't get the image of a slimy worm out of my mind."

"K-Kanji...."

"What's wrong Satsuki?"

"When we get back to school.... c-can we go on a d-date and get that...."

".... Y-Yeah.... that would be fun." Ike said causing Shinohara to blush with a smile.

"Delicious...."

"Hahaha, your facial expressions are always enjoyable to see, Ayanokoji-kun."

Even though its slight, to watch his eyes widen and his lips opening from eating my cooking always makes me happy.

"It makes me happy too." Karuizawa softly said with a smile.

"My expression changed?"

"Just a little, but I can notice it.... you know Ayanokoji-kun, I normally don't cook these many dishes except for my son, but.... to watch you enjoy my cooking and see your face light up like that.... it's something I look forward to every day."

Warm fuzzy feeling fell over the students watching this wholesome moment between these two.

It's truly sad that they have started to become attached to the kind man Matsuo....

"I see, well thank you for the meal."

"You're very welcome Ayanokoji-kun."

What I said to him was no lie, I truly enjoy spending time with him, during our meals and helping him train, the times we play catch. Just his company gives me life, I feel free from the stress of life....

Freedom....

That's right.... after the maintenance work is complete at the White Room, Ayanokoji-kun will return to the facility....

'Did Ayanokoji-kun run away from the mansion?' You're not completely wrong Ichinose.

I guess I've enjoyed his company for so long that it's slipped my mind. He'll have to return to that place.... and be stuck there once again....

I.... I want to help Ayanokoji-kun..... I want him to experience this freedom more....

But what could I possibly do for him.

'When the time comes, you'll understand.'

".... That's it...."

"Huh, I don't understand...." Kamuro said turning towards Sakayanagi who was deep in thought.

"What does that mean, what time?"

"Agent Tsukishiro, can you explain?" Hoshinomiya spoke up, not understanding.

".... I can't sorry." Tsukishiro said not wanting to say those were his words.

"What's wrong Matsuo?"

"Huh, it's nothing Ayanokoji-kun, don't mind me."

That's it, that's how I can help Ayanokoji-kun.... but professor Ayanokoji.... no that doesn't matter right now. I will do this for Ayanokoji-kun's sake; I will never forgive myself for not doing anything.

"I think I see now, Masumi-san."

"What, does Matsuo have to do with Ayanokoji-kun being here at school."

"Yes, I believe so.... but I don't understand that one line.... from where or who did Matsuo hear that from."

Agent Tsukishiro looked over the confused theater.

'It's time.'

With his plan in action, Matsuo prepared the papers during the night and come morning....

He would make a decision that would change everything.

The next morning:

 "Ayanokoji-kun.... there's something I want to ask you."

After staying up, unable to get any sleep, I decided its best to do this now than later.

"What is it?"

"Are you happy in the White Room?"

"Am I happy.... To tell you the truth, I'm neither happy or sad about it...."

The students all cast their sights to their feet recalling how that cruel facility has removed such luxurious feelings from Ayanokoji, ones that they express every day without knowing it at times.

"He no longer understands those emotions.... no, he doesn't need those emotions anymore, so I guess for him the White Room is just an existence; one that he can't change with those emotions." Katsuragi deduced.

Such emotions are of no use to me, being happy won't make me stronger nor will sadness, if I let such trivial feelings control me, I'll end up as my classmates. I cannot afford to let that happen; I will win.

"If you had the chance.... how would you feel about attending a regular high school here in Tokyo?"

"Wait, does he mean?" Horikita's head jumped up realizing the connection.

"Our school?"

'So that's how me managed it; I must thank you Matsuo-sensei, for helping Ayanokoji-kun, and for making my high school life so fun, fufu.'

"Huh.... I don't understand, that's not possible, my.... father, wouldn't allow for something like that remember."

Freedom is not possible for me, I'm not able to escape the White Ro-

"Here.... look at this." He said to me as he handed a red envelope.

"Hey, that's the letter?"

"Yeah, you're right, that's the one I got in middle school."

"Dude, I remember this one chick who was always drunk enrolled and still managed to get into this school, can't remember her face or name though."

'Eh....' A purple haired class A girl jolted her head around hearing this.

"What's this?"

"An opportunity."

Confused by his words I looked inside the previously opened envelope to reveal a laminated pamphlet displacing big-font words on the front.

"Advanced Nurturing High School? What do you mean by opportunity?"

'So, it was this bastard that brought this guy to this school....' Kushida thought internally gritting her teeth.

"Thank you, Matsuo, I'm truly grateful." Ichinose said with a pure, happy smile, one that could light up anyone's day.

A smile that she hasn't showed for quite some time now.... but soon will once again be replaced with horror once she sees the fate of Matsuo.

[A/N I swear I don't hate Ichinose or like making her suffer. XD]

"Ayanokoji-kun, please listen to me carefully. This school is unlike any other in Japan, this school promises its graduates 100% college acceptance or employment of their choice."

"Well, he's sort of right about that...."

"It's still such BS, that they didn't tell us only class A gets those things, like what the hell." Kyosuke Okitani said in anger. Having very poor academics, he applied to this school hoping for a better opportunity.

Agent Tsukishiro rose from his seat and spoke to him,

"Tell me, Okitani-kun, how is this school's S system any different than the real world. When you join the work force, you have to work your way up the ladder to receive benefits; full-employment, career opportunities, vacation and paid medical leave, such luxuries won't be given to everybody just because they work at that particular job site for so long. You want the benefits that you signed up for, then you should work harder than anyone else for them."

"I see, I suppose that is nice, but sadly for me it won't help me with anything."

"I also want to tell you this.... this school is strict on its rules with the biggest one being all contact from the outside is forbidden. Not even phone calls or emails are allowed."

"Indeed, but he still managed it, truly impressive of him." Katsuragi said remembering how Ayanokoji aided him.

I see.... if that is correct then that's why he said it's an opportunity, but there are still factors that prevent such a thing for me.

"Even so, a parent still holds authority over their child when they pay for their tuition."

"That's another great thing about this school Ayanokoji-kun, the government pays for all expenses of the students; their parents don't pay a single yen for their enrollment or their stay, and since high school isn't mandatory, you won't require your father's permission."

"It's a good thing too, my family is poorer than shit." Now that's just rude....

"I still find it quite impressive that the government is able to fund this school since its founding." Kanzaki said with his fellow classmates agreeing.

"Ayanokoji-kun, this school will allow you to escape the White Room."

"That's why he's at this school, it's the only way to get away from his father and that facility."

'I just want to live my days in peace.'

"Of course, that's why.... Ayanokoji-kun as your classmate.... and as your friend.... I will ensure that with the best of my abilities." Horkita muttered to herself, clenching her fists in determination.

"I want you to take the entrance exam for this school and escape from your father, oh and don't worry I can fill out any necessary paperwork on your behalf if needed."

'I don't know if this will work, but I have to try.... there is someone on the inside of that school who could help Ayanokoji-kun, I recall driving him to and from the White Room 7 years ago, the chairman.... Sakayanagi, I do believe was his name.'

"So that was the limo driver, he was the same one from the first video too, right?" Sudo asked, scratching his head. He should take Ginkgo Biloba for his defective memory.

"Yes, Matsuo has been employed by professor Ayanokoji for over two decades." Agent Tsukishiro mentioned, not letting his tongue slip the honorific.

"Fufu, yes my father and Matsuo were quite the talkative bunch on our trips to and from the White Room."

.... Is this my chance?

Can I finally have the chance to know what it's like to be a normal student?

"Matsuo, why would you do this? You understand.... my father and his personality, you would be punished you know."

The students became tense with this one sentence....

'Wait.... the title says the price of freedom.... does that mean....' Matsushita pondered with worry.

"Ayanokoji-kun.... I want you to be free, you deserve a better life than what your father forces on you. You are not his tool for him to use as he sees fits, I believe living a life as a student at a normal school will allow you to determine your own fate."

"He's willing to go against professor Ayanokoji's orders for Kiyotaka's freedom.... you have my respect Matsuo." Keisei said as the group stared at him smiling.

Smiling that won't last long.... for what is fated to come.

"Please, take the exam and go to high school, will you do that for me Ayanokoji-kun?"

I stayed silent to his question thinking about this.

I can finally obtain that glimpse I had longed search for.... the curiosity I've held all these years can finally be sated by becoming an average high school student.

If only my fate was in my own hands.... perhaps....

"Yes. I will do it."

"Haah, thank you Ayanokoji-kun."

Matsuo sighed with a wide smile on his face, through the months I've been here, he has always carried this warm smile. I don't think I could ever forget such a genuine smile.

"He's such a nice man, I hope I can meet him after I graduate." Hiyori happily said.

How precious, so happy.... but soon she will break.

I wonder.... could I also smile like that one day?

Maybe going to school could prove this, it's worth a shot at least.

"Has Kiyotaka-kun ever smiled before, Karuizawa-san?" Hirata asked hoping she had created an impact on his expressions.

"No.... not really, his lips have sometimes curled, but he's never given a genuine smile before...." Karuizawa responded hanging her head down low.

"I see.... it's okay, we'll help Kiyo-"

"But I won't give up! I will make Kiyotaka smile, he won't have a choice!" Karuizawa said in full confidence.... but then shrank down into her chair with a beet-red face noticing everyone in the theater heard her.

"Kuku, that apathetic bastard smiling, oh please; I'd sooner expect blondie over there to bow down to class A's q-u-e-e-n.

"Hmph, have you forgotten already Mr. Naughty, a perfect existence such as myself has no need or reason to dirty my knees before little girl over there."

Both Ryuen and Sakayanagi both glared at Koneji, who of course paid them no heed.

"Here, I went ahead and printed these out for you, these are entrance exams that you must pass to qualify for admission, but knowing you.... I'm sure you'll be just fine."

"Huh..."

"Is something wrong Ayanokoji-kun?"

"No, it's just not what I thought it would be."

"I see, well I'll go prepare dinner while you work on it, good luck, not that you need it but still, hehe."

With that Matsuo left the dining room as I scanned through the 5 pieces of paper laid before me.

5 basic subjects of Japanese, mathematics, English, social studies, and science. With 20 questions each it totals to 100 questions with most of them being topics I learned when I was five and six.

"It took me 3 days to finish that exam, what part of it is basic!"

"You moron, where were you the last few videos, for him, this is basic."

"I-I know, but still...."

'This is our country's future....' Sakagami thought pitifully shaking his head.

"How should I approach this...."

In the White Room, I always had to produce results, I never knew what it meant to hold back. But now, if I'm going to attend a normal high school, I want to be your average run of the mill high school student. I am curious on what it feels like to be normal and no one expecting anything of me.

Would I feel any different?

"Only one way to find out."

With a plan in action, I went through and bubbled in my answers, I want to be completely average, so to do so I decided on going straight down the middle with 50s in all subjects, so now I will appear just like a normal boy in high school.

"Huh?"

"Pfffttt, fufufu, oh Ayanokoji-kun, stop, my heart can't take it." Sakayanagi started giggling at the video with students just trying to process this.

"Ayanokoji-kun had nothing to compare to while in the facility, only his records were kept as you recall, and he doesn't know of the academic range for his age group in the outside world. To him, 50 is average as it gets, so by trying not to stand out, he just attracted attention to himself in the end." Agent Tsukishiro explained, while Chabashira and Horikita made eye contact.

"I take it, that's why you first took interest in Ayanokoji-kun, sensei?"

"Yes, seeing his exam records bewildered me, to achieve a perfect score is quite impressive, but to manipulate his scores with ease is even more so; I thought it would be beneficial to you to become acquainted with him."

'And, so I could measure just how useful he would be.... haah, honestly how foolish could I have been.'

"You're finished already, as expected of you I see, now then I'll submit these papers tomorrow morning and there's is an interview you must complete as well, I shall drive you to the office complex for you to complete it."

I nodded as we both ate our meals, to Matsuo I may seem calm on the outside, but right now on the inside.

I am excited....

"I want Kiyopon to feel like this all the time." Well, you're a part of his secret harem Haruka so get to it.

However, there's no guarantee that I will be accepted, so if I am declined then that's that, there would be no point in feeling down if that does happen.

But, deep in my chest, I felt this blackness dwell inside me; thinking about what if I do get declined.... only time will tell I suppose.

"He's feeling nervous?" Kamuro asked towards her task master.

"Perhaps, but for Ayanokoji-kun, he doesn't understand what he is feeling."

Time skip: a few weeks later

Chairman Sakayanagi POV

Speaking of the loli, her eyes widened slightly upon seeing that this video will be from his father's perspective.

"There was quite a large sum of applicants this year, more so than last year, it took some time to compile this list, but I am pleased with the end results, wouldn't you agree."

".... of course, chairman Sakayanagi."

"Oh-no."

"Chabashira-sensei? What is it?" Mashima asked towards his colleague.

"I remember this day, it's when Ayanokoji-kun's enrollment was accepted.... I mentioned the truth about the entrance exam and interview."

".... I see, Sakagami and Hoshinomiya-sensei, be prepared for a bombardment of questions, you as well Chabashira-sensei."

All the teachers nodded in agreement, but Chabashira failed to mention one detail.... the origin of her blackmailing.

"Hehe, try not to look so down Chabashira-sensei, this year's students could be more fruitful for you and help you ascend to class A in that little teacher's skirmish of yours."

"Haaah, don't be absurd sir, you know I have no interest in such trivial matters, I am a teacher. What class I am assigned to makes no difference to me."

"Heh, that is just like you Chabashira-sensei." Sakagami said taking a dig at her.

"Wellll, you see the tru-"

"Be quiet Hoshinomiya, the video is playing."

"Hmph, so mean Sae-chan." She said while pouting.

"I see, very well then."

"Hm, this student belongs to your class.... Horikita Suzune, the family name sounds familiar."

"Eh." Horikita flinched not expecting to hear her name in these videos as well.

"Suzune, you too...."

"I have nothing to do with any of this, this is just the list of applicants for the 1st years."

"Horikita, that's the last name of the student council president, Horikita Manabu."

"Right.... Nii-san...." Poor bro-con

"Hmm I see, I remember now, I do believe these two are brother and sister, I recall from a conversation I had with Horikita-kun during his first year. Since the first day of school, that boy has showed tremendous intellect and physical abilities, along with his past of marvelous progress, he earned his rightful spot in class A."

"Indeed, Nii-san is outstanding.... even more so than me, but I won't be distraught from this, I will no longer follow in his shadow and now follow my own path. Only then, can I proudly stand shoulder to shoulder with him...." Horikita muttered to herself with a similar thought in her mind.

'I'd wanted to do the same with Ayanokoji-kun, but I don't think I can reach that level, it's just like what you said to me Nii-san....'

Horikita has matured rapidly over her school life, most notably because of Ayanokoji's influence; she isn't the only one, many other students acquainted with him have matured and grown thanks to his existence and these videos. They are understanding him and reflecting on his actions that have changed themselves.

Ayanokoji-kun seems to have advertently took your advice Horikita Manabu, for reasons he may not completely understand himself. To go out of his way to help others when it didn't benefit him.... perhaps he's fighting against the perception the White Room has made him give himself.

A horrible human being.

"Horikita-san, much like her brother has great potential and abilities to back her up, she even managed to score the 3rd highest on the entrance exam, but.... based on her middle school's comments on her, it would seem that she has a form of superiority complex over her peers as well as being a loner due to this fact."

"Can we skip this part.... this is supposed to be about Ayanokoji-kun.... not me...." Well, she hasn't fully matured yet....

"Kuku, what's the matter Suzune, can't handle the ugly truth."

"Ryuen-kun, for the last time, do not call me by my first name without my permission."

"Yeah, you tell him, Suzune!"

"Sudo-kun, I don't need backup, please sit down and be quiet. The video is still playing." Sudo sat down obediently while glaring at Ryuen.

"Kuku, that's a good boy."

"Showing no signs of teamwork or cooperation with both her fellow classmates or her instructors. Therefore, it's a just reason to have her assigned to class D."

"Chabashira-sensei, I hope that mingling with her fellow peers will show her the error in her way of thinking and promote growth within her."

"I understand Sensei, I understood for a while now, but this just proves that I was wrong, I apologize for my behavior back then." Horikita said to her teacher with a small bow.

'You were right Chairman Sakayanagi, class D at the time was the best choice for her.'

She nodded seeming to agree with me, I continued to scan the list of our future students until my eyes landed on the name of a single student....

I am so proud of you Arisu, I expected nothing less of my beloved daughter.

Sakayanagi had a lovely smile along with rosy-red cheeks, happy to be praised by her loving father.

"W-What the...."

"Hm, what's the matter Chabashira-sensei?"

"It's nothing really, but this one rejected application.... this child's exam results.... Perfect 50s in all categories.... so interesting, did he manipulate his scores....

"Nothing really? It seems you didn't take 50%-kun seriously from the start, teach." Koneji said 50% caringly, no more like 1% caringly.

".... Ayanokoji Kiyotaka?"

*SPLASH*

"C-Chairman?! Are you okay, you dropped that stack of papers everywhere."

Kiyotaka, as in that Kiyotaka-kun?

"Fufu, quite the reaction there, dearest father."

"..... What did you say that child's name was again...."

"Its Ayanokoji Kiyotaka, born October 20, no prior education listed, huh .... do you know him chairman Sakayanagi?"

I was not expecting this of all things, this wouldn't be possible.... wait....

Was this your doing Matsuo....

 "Yes, I know this child...."

There's no doubt, that name.... he's his son, but Ayanokoji-sensei would never allow him to attend any school, not with Ayanokoji-kun still serving the White Room.... Matsuo, the limo driver and butler for sensei I've had a couple of chats with. A real nice man with a kinder heart for both his son and children.

"Matsuo and the chairman were acquainted with one another, that's why Matsuo knew he could help Ayanokoji-kun get into this school. It would seem they have similar thoughts on the White Room's existence."

"You're right Mashima-sensei, this would also help explain the chairman's house arrest, I have no doubt now that was the professor's doing, then bringing in Tsukishiro to expel Ayanokoji-kun.... at least that's what was supposed to happen."

"I still don't understand this, if he wanted Ayanokoji-kun to be free, was it really necessary to show us his past. I know he said he wanted us to understand him, but still.... all this just doesn't sit right with me. I feel like Tsukishiro has ulterior motives than what he's letting on, we have to say wary of him Chabashira-sensei."

If Matsuo helped Ayanokoji-kun's enroll, then that means....

"It's quite intriguing, but no matter, since he doesn't have a recommendation, his application will be declined along with the rest."

"No.... I personally will accept his application and allow Ayanokoji-kun to enroll here at ANHS."

"Sakayanagi-san, you'd have a better chance of speaking to your father than us, so please tell him I said thank you for helping Ayanokoji-kun." Ichinose said with a bow and smile.

"Of course, I can Ichinose-san, for 100,000 private points that is." Her smug smile now returned to her face.

"E-Eh?!"

"Sir, why? What's so special about him? We have no data on him from his high school nor any previous instructor recommendations on his behalf, the only data we have on him is the entrance exam and the interview and of course you know as well as me that that's all just a farce."

"Huh! What do you mean it's a farce?" Kanzaki being the first to react while many others started looking at Chabashira.

"Sensei.... as in farce, you mean that entrance exam and interview were pointless.... that if we didn't have a recommendation, it'd be rejected regardless of our results." Hirata asked on behalf of his class while the others listened.

".... Yes, as I said back then, it doesn't matter if you failed or aced the exam and interview, your enrollment has been set in stone at that point."

"What the hell!" Sudo, Ike and some other morons lashed out having to take a pointless exam.

"What's the point in that if it doesn't matter in the end?" Matsushita asked, to which agent Tsukishiro spoke up.

"Everyone calm down, this is not the teacher's fault, they are forbidden to release such information, but since today is different, I'll make an exception, Chabashira-sensei, you may continue with your explanation."

"Right, as said, the interview and entrance exam are just for formalities, students whom are not given proper recommendations from their middle schools are on our list of candidates, they are immediately regretted, to cover up this, the exams and interviews take place so the students can't determine why they may've been rejected."

"Honestly though, some of you should've figured this out on your own, if the school did select its students based on their exam results, how'd you expect morons like Ike-kun to be accepted."

"H-HEY!"

"Kuku, you're an interesting teacher, I think I would've preferred you over that wet noodle over there." Ryuen laughed glaring at Sakagami.

"In any case, what's done is done; everyone here should be grateful that they made it into this school, so be happy." Chabashira said as her tone grew more ridged and colder, she seems more concerned about something else.

"Chabashira-sensei, I want you to listen to my words and trust in me. Ayanokoji-kun is an extremely special child.... no student now. He is very talented as you will soon discover, but he needs to be protected."

"Yes, Kiyotaka is amazing, I want to protect him like all the times he protected me." Karuizawa said with blushing cheeks.

"I-I want t-to protect K-Kiyotaka too."

"We all will Airi, right guys?"

"Hell yeah, I wouldn't mind getting into some more scraps if that meant protecting my best friend." Akito-chad said in agreement.

"Well to be honest, I don't think Kiyotaka needs our help with protection, he is the masterpiece as they call it after all, but I will also do everything I can to help." Keisei said joining in.

"Protected? Protected from what, chairman?"

".... I won't go into specifics as that will go against his will, but you see.... Ayanokoji-kun grew up in a loveless environment.... so, I want him to grow attached to this school, I want him to remain here and glance away from that environment."

"Oh, he'll become attached to this school alright, his face will become attached to my shoe." Ryuen said with an evil grin.

"Ryuen, are you dumb or something; you don't honestly believe you can beat him after everything we've watched right?"

"Kuku, what's wrong Ibuki, would you prefer him stepping on you instead, you M."

"Oh, fuck off!"

Forgive me sensei, but I will be acting on my own, as director of this school and as a father.... I'm sure you would agree with me Matsuo.

Now then.... what class to assign him to, for Ayanokoji-kun, to protect him it would be best to keep him away from the crossfire of the advancing classes.

"Chabashira-sensei, I will be assigning Ayanokoji-kun to class D and I will be subject for his recommendation to this school, I'm sure that won't cause any problems for you?"

"So that's why he's in our class, Ayanokoji-kun is quiet and all, but I've always wondered why he wasn't in a higher class with his observation skills and intellect." Matsushita said.

'I'm glad he was put in our class; I honestly don't think I would still be here if it was for Kiyotaka-kun.' Hirata thought while scratching his cheek.... sus....

'Ayanokoji-kun is the most defective student in class D.'

'Before I never understood those words, but after seeing these videos, it makes sense why she said that. Ayanokoji-kun doesn't see others as human instead sees them as tools.... but I won't allow that to change my perception of him. I will become someone worthy of his acknowledgment.' Horikita thought strengthening her resolve to help her puppeteer.

"No sir, of course not."

'If the chairman himself is praising this student.... then perhaps.... this will finally be my chance.... I must stay vigilant to this one, I may just be able to use him.'

"And bingo! We got you now Sae-chan."

"Use him.... what do you mean sensei?" Shinohara asked unsure of her words.

"You.... used Kiyopon?"

"Chabashira-sensei, an explanation if you'd please." Mashima spoke assertively.

Chabashira remained quiet for a minute, then spoke up with a heavy sigh submitting defeat.

"Yes.... I used Ayanokoji-kun during his first year.... I blackmailed him with the lie that his father contacted me to have him expelled. I told him if he didn't aim seriously for class A, I would see him as a problem and have him expelled...."

"WHAT?!" Many students jumped up from their seats.

"How could you do that to Kiyotaka?!" Karuizawa confronted her teacher alongside Sato

"The chairman himself told you, Kiyotaka-kun needed to be protected and you we're willing to have him expelled?!" Hirata said with visible anger.

"You never cared about helping us move up the class rank, so why the hell would you threaten Kiyotaka like that for!?" Keisei yelled in defense of his friend.

"My turn, my turn!" Hoshinomiya jumped up and down waving her hands.

"You see, to her students, Sae-chan may seem as cold, mean and uninterested, buttt she's actually the most competitive teacher here trying to shoot for class A."

'I'm going to kill her!'

"Haah, yes it's just as Hoshinomiya said.... however, Ayanokoji-kun soon realized I was lying about the entire thing when his father came to the school directly to retrieve him."

"His father came here, w-when?" Sudo asked with curiosity.

"In your first year, sometime before the winter break."

'Was it.... that day....'  Sato thought trying not to recall her past rejections.

"Chabashira-sensei, what you did was wrong even if you were lying about expelling him, upon his return, we'll be speaking to chairman Sakayanagi about this.... and everything else that has taken place today." Mashima said looking down recalling the horrific videos.

Unfortunately, Mashima..... the horror has yet to end.

"I understand, but first." Chabashira turned towards her angry class and gave a sincere bow.

"I was wrong and stupid for using Ayanokoji-kun, I apologize to his classmates for my behavior back then, I wanted to reach class A to hopefully overcome my regrets from the past. I don't expect your forgiveness or trust in my words, but I will say that I value Ayanokoji-kun as a person, not just as a tool." 

She said mostly telling the truth.... she still wanted to use Ayanokoji for her personal use.... no not in that way you degenerates.

Her class didn't say anything back, allowing agent Tsukishiro to move on with the video.

"Alright, so now from this point everyone should understand how Ayanokoji-kun was enrolled into this school, so lets go to his first da-"

"Wait.... what about Matsuo, what happened with him? What happened when the professor came back to get Ayanokoji-kun?" Ike asked with others hesitantly wondering the same thing.

'Well, I was going to show this later, but I guess going out of chronological order won't make a difference'

"Alright then, we shall proceed with that, keep in mind with this next video; Ayanokoji-kun and the rest of you have already been in school for a few months now. Lets begin."

 3rd person POV

"Where is he, Matsuo. Answer me immediately."

Right now, after a year, Professor Ayanokoji returned to the mansion to retrieve his son only to find him missing.

"I'm afraid sir, the young master is currently in school."

"What did you just say...." The professor's aura intensified with malice and bloodlust.

"Kuku, what, got cotton in your ears or something?" Ryuen mockingly said.

"That's right you bastard! Our friend Ayanokoji is here at school with us!" Sudo shouted surprisingly agreeing with dragon-boy.

'The professor won't let this go without repercussions....' Sakayanagi thought along with others students whom started to understand the devil Professor Ayanokoji.

"I should be happy.... but I'm scared for Matsuo...." Hiyori said hesitantly.

"As I said sir, the young master is currently attending the prestigious Advanced Nurturing High School."

"ANHS.... a private school full of garbage. That my son is currently enrolled in.... this act of disobedience was because of you, wasn't it?"

"YOU'RE THE GARBAGE!" Shinohara lashed out with Ike jumping up from her sudden outburst.

"Hahaha, quite cocky aren't we elder elevator-kun, you surely aren't referring myself in that category." Koneji remarked creating yet another nickname.

"Fufufu, garbage you say? Well maybe so for some of these students." Sakayanagi laughed hold her side.

'This girl really creeps me out with that laugh.' Don't mock the fufu, beer-chan.

"Yes sir, as the main butler of the Ayanokoji family and the young master's caretaker, it is my job to oversee his well-being. I see it fit for him to attend this school to better himself in more ways than one, you see.... I couldn't allow him to live his young life without experiencing such important things. I have grown quite fond of Ayanokoji-kun.... to the point he's like my own so-"

"Matsuo you are relieved of your positioned as main butler effective immediately.... you will regret opposing your employer's direct orders. Get out of my sight."

"Scumbag...." Ibuki muttered gritting her teeth.

"All those children he made happy...." Matsushita said sadly remembering his kindness many years ago.

With that Matsuo bowed as the professor's bodyguards escorted him off the grounds.

'You will pay dearly for this Matsuo, but it will be your son that will suffer the most.'

"WHY, leave him out of this!" Ichinose screamed in a fit of anger.

"He has nothing to do with this!"

'That's why.... for Professor Ayanokoji, it doesn't matter if Eiichiro-kun is involved or not, he doesn't care as long as he gets his revenge in the end.' Horikita thought remembering that man's cruelty to others.

The professor's words were not just talk, he truly intended to destroy Eiichiro's life, and he did just that. He contacted Musashi High School, the school in which Eiichiro worked hard to enroll in, and slandered Eiichiro's name. Coming up with lies manipulating the director on the other side to believe it was the truth. A former gang member, multiple assault charges covered up by his father's wealth and influence, any lie he could create to destroy Eiichiro's dream.

"Tch, I really want to punch this guy." Yeah, good luck with that Ike, your chance of doing that is as hopeless as you beating Ayanokoji in the T-rex department, and if Shinohara knew of bath scene, she'd second this verdict.

Only a few days later.... Eiichiro was expelled from his school of choice....

"Tsukishiro, just how can he manage this without decisive evidence?" Chabashira asked as Mashima listened in.

"For a man with tremendous influence such as the professor, the evidence is in his reputation. Recall he is quite a big figure in politics and other business matters, so for a man of his caliber to call a school out of the blue and slander Eiichiro-kun, a boy with no reputation, the answer is quite obvious. Many private cooperation and simple family business are similar as well, one's reputation is a big factor in decision making."

"The reason why he couldn't do this to Ayanokoji-kun is the same reason why Matsuo-sensei chose this school in particular. No outside contact, 100% government funding, non-mandatory admission, and Ayanokoji-kun had the blessing of chairman Sakayanagi whom knew of the White Room and Professor Ayanokoji's personality."

"Father.... I-I'm sorry, I don't know what I did...."

"What's the matter, Eiichiro?"

"I was expelled."

"W-What?!"

"I'm really sorry father, b-but don't worry I'll make it up to you I promise, I've already started to apply to other several great schools, so please.... I won't let you down again. Sorry father, I-I got to go."

*CLICK*

".... Eiichiro...."

Matsuo felt a stinging pain in his heart, he could feel the dread behind his son's words despite him trying to stay strong. As his father, he could sense this sort of thing.

"Don't give up.... you want to repay your father right Eiichiro-kun?" Sato said trying to fight her tears.

"Fight to the end." Albert said that Mii-chan overheard and nodded several times at the screen.

Sadly, for Matsuo, things weren't any better for him either. Professor Ayanokoji destroyed his reputation as well, twisting the truth of his disobedience among his investors that live in Tokyo along with other wealthy and influential families to not take Matsuo as their butler.

"I wish I could contact my parents.... I'd ask them to make him our butler.... and I wouldn't hold back anymore moving forward as compensation...." Matsushita said muttering that last part to herself. She has matured as well, hasn't she?

"Matsushita-san don't worry, it's not your fault either, nobody could've known about this, but it's okay; Matsuo will think of something!" Kushida said coming over to comfort her.

Indeed, Matsuo will think of something to fix all this.... a solution that will scar these two forever.

Over the course of several months, both Eiichiro and Matsuo suffered.... every school Eiichiro applied to refused his enrollment as word carried from each director or principal made its way into the ears of fellow schools. He eventually lost hope, and after countless days of calling his father to apologize for his failures; he decided to give up on school and help his father instead.

Matsuo not able to find any work, was forced to dig into his retirement funds to support himself and his son to cover for food expenses and rent in their shabby motel room. As time flew by, Matsuo's guilt ate away at him seeing his son suffer so much at the expense of his defiance. Finally, one day he decided to beg Professor Ayanokoji for forgiveness.... to leave his son be.

".... why...." Hiyori became very quiet and sai-

"YOU'RE EVIL! MATSUO IS A BETTER FATHER TO AYANOKOJI-KUN THAN YOU!" howled.... she howled.... not said....

"YOUR WIFE WOULD HATE YOU FOR EVERYTHING YOU'VE DONE!" Oh shit...

"Kukuku, well it looks like you had some fight in you after all Hiyori."

"I hate him, I'll never forgive him." Within our little angel.... a devil resides.

Ishizaki was sweating unsure if he should approach Hiyori whom looked like she could kill a man right now.

"Please sir, forgive me for my disobedience that day, I beg of you, please leave my son, Eiichiro alone." Matsuo pleaded this in a Kowtow before the professor whom had a slight grin and he glared down on his former butler.

"As a veteran, you must know some common knowledge of military history throughout the world, correct?"

"Huh?"

"What is he talking about?" Karuizawa asked towards the man on the stage.

"......"

"Agent Tsukishiro?"

"......"

"Just watch the video, students the answer you seek might be shown soon." Mashima spoke up noticing Tsukishiro's unusual silence.

"Y-Yes sir, I know a litt-"

"Good, now tell me Matsuo, during the wars of Scottish independence, what do you think many of resistant fighters paid for their freedom?"

"Huh...." Matsuo head shot up and looked at the professor who glared down at him with eyes that pierced through him like daggers.

"During the American Revolution, what do you think many of the colonial regulars and militia paid for their freedom?"

"Or the Texas revolution, led in the end by Sam Houston, what do you think many of those soldiers paid for the freedom of their country.... their futures.... and their families...."

Professor Ayanokoji paused for affect then continued,

"Do you understand now Matsuo.... the price of freedom."

*Plunk*

Chabashira dropped her cup of tea; she, a teacher specializing in Japanese history, knew from related studies what the professor was referring to, all the teachers soon just stared at the screen speechless.

"No.... no way." Kanzaki started to sweat catching on as well.

'Oh god, no please no....' Matsushita began to shiver and cry.

"I can't.... it hurts." Hiyori, unlike earlier, no longer able to stand firm, shrank into her seat.

"Haah.... I see, as expected of you Ayanokoji-sensei." Sakayanagi said no longer holding her smile.

'Truly disgusting.' Koenji also no longer had a smile and just remained silent with his eyes closed.

"Suzune, I don't understand...."

"......"

Horikita's silence told Sudo everything he needed to know; he knew something bad was about to happen.

".... Yes sir.... I.... understand." Matsuo softly said as tears fell from his face onto the concrete walkway.

"Then prove it." With that Professor Ayanokoji walked back into the mansion ordering his guards to escort Matsuo off the property.... for the last time.

"Okay.... we can move forward to Ayanokoji-kun's point of vie-"

"W-Wait.... I still don't understand.... what happened to Matsuo?" Ike said with some of the students now glaring at him, not wanting to watch what may come. However, they couldn't resist the curiosity within themselves just like Ike. 

Agent Tsukishiro was hoping this question wouldn't be brought up, but he knew he had to show it regardless, despite not wanting to.

".... Right.... this video takes place around a week after Matsuo confronted Professor Ayanokoji; it was obtained through local security footage overseeing an abandoned parking lot.... and with our technology just like the last videos, you will witness it in detail.... the fate of Matsuo- sensei."

"W-What?" Mako tried to asked, but the video soon began.

Time: 8 pm, November 4th last year

Location: Downtown Tokyo

Matsuo POV

[A/N Won't be as much reactions for this part to not mess with the immersion.]

It's all my fault....

Please forgive me....

I couldn't do anything for you.... Eiichiro

It is my fault that everything has happened....

But....

Please.... do not let this get to you.... Ayanokoji-kun

Your father will try to twist my words and use them against you, I beg of you, do not let him get into your head.

Chabashira looked grim remembering Ayanokoji's father coming to the school, she began to shake again trying to prepare herself for what comes next.

I will never hold a grudge against you, not for a choice that I made of my own free will.

"W-What's he doing...."

'I don't like this.... no, no he wouldn't.' Hirata became paler and paler.

"Is that.... a gas can?" Sudo said audible to everyone around him.

The theater became more tense with every second.

So please.... do not let professor Ayanokoji take away your freedom please.

Please learn what it means to be a teenager at a school where you can be free.

Make friends, learn new things, and smile. Be happy.... be happy for your own sake.

Eiichiro.... my beloved son.... I hope you will find it in your heart to forgive me for the choice I will make, but know I'm doing this for your sake.

The spilling of gasoline

"No. No. No, DON'T DO THIS!" Ichinose shouted; students started to panic.

Hiyori buried her face in her knees shaking.

"Oh my god.... he's going to bu-" compass-wielder was cut off by the video.

I watched as you grew up with me as your only family, and to be honest I was terrified.

More terrified than the time I was enlisted.... I was scared that you weren't going to make it.

But....

You proved me wrong....

You're the spitting image of your mother. Strong, Prideful. A true survivor.

Even through the intense pain she felt during labor, she still had that beautiful smile waiting for the moment she could hold her son.... even as I held you while weeping next to her deathbed.... she still smiled.... at that moment, I vowed to take care of you, and to honor your mother's wish to see her baby boy grow up into a fine young man....

The light of the match.... so beautiful.... so deadly.

"YOU CAN'T DO THIS, WHAT ABOUT YOUR SON!" Karuizawa screamed.

"You wanted to take care of him right! YOU WANTED TO WATCH HIM GROW UP RIGHT!" Sudo said getting louder as his emotions took control, Horikita didn't stop him this time....

The theater erupted into chaos once again....

"Ayanokoji-sensei.... you truly are a cruel man." Sakayanagi said staring at her feet with an incredibly cold aura around her.

Forgive me Tsukishiro-kun, but it looks like I have one last mission to complete. Thank you for being my best friend as we both grew older; I recall all the years we spent together when we were younger, how you would always try to fit into my uniforms and try to walk in my boots. How my wife smothered you with affections even on the first day I rescued you.

"T-Tsukishiro?!" Chabashira yelled in shock.

"Tsukishiro, you knew Matsuo?" Mashima asked on behalf of everyone.

Horikita glared at agent Tsukishiro through her watery eyes for lying to her.

"Yes.... I was raised by Matsuo-sensei and his wife, you see, before being hired by Professor Ayanokoji, I was a special ops soldier. I joined the armed forces to follow in the footsteps of the man who saved me. However, after I enlisted, we slowly drifted apart."

"I take it that's why you had this video on record, right?" Ryuen asked in a serious tone looking at the theater full of tears instead of the man on stage.

"Yes, that and it was linked to Ayanokoji-kun's past, it is a crucial part of my mission, I will go deeper on this after the video finishes."

'I will make sure your sacrifice will not be forgotten Matsuo-sensei.'

I remember how I held you tightly many years later when we found out your parents were killed in the cross-fire of gang related activity. That's when you vowed to me that you'll become as strong as me to fight against the world's cruelty.

Some students, through their heavy breathing and burned-out brains, for the first time started to see Tsukishiro in a new light.... though his methods may seem unusual or even unethical, he's there to show the students videos about Ayanokoji Kiyotaka so they can understand and help them.

At least that's what he wants them to think....

I still remember the day you enlisted yourself into the armed forces to be stationed in my battalion. You said I was your hero, even though I was just a field cook and grunt.... you still looked up to me and that made me so happy.

I watched as you grew up and moved up the chain of command and eventually earned a position for professor Ayanokoji as an agent.

I was sad that our paths drifted us further apart over time but, I know you'll accomplish much more on your own now so please live on for me.... and for whatever your goal may be, I can tell it's important to you so stay true to it, my comrade.

Ayanokoji-kun....

Remember this above all things....

We have spent only a few months together, but for me they were priceless....

Know this, no matter the path you choose, nor the decisions you make in life.... please know this.

I will always love you.... to me, you are like my own son.

The light grows brighter.

"F-Forgive me my sons, but this is where we part ways.... Eiichiro, it's time for me to reunite with your mother."

A burst of flames. It's truly.... magnificent.

"NOOO!"

"GOD NO!"

"WHY IS THIS HAPPENING!" Hirata broke.... along with the entire theater.

"Fuck this!" Ibuki said jumping up and moving to a dark corner covering her wet eyes too prideful to let anyone see her cry.

Their screams.

"PLEASE NO!" Kushida covered her ears not wanting to hear anymore.

"I CAN'T WATCH THIS!" The calm and collected Katsuragi hit his limit.

"SAE-CHAN! SAE-CHAN!" Hoshinomiya was shaking Chabashira who fainted to the ground, her brain overloaded with emotions.

Their pleads.

"PLEASE NOOO, SOMEBODY, ANYBODY!" Karuizawa yelled as she clutched her head in her hands while Sato was trying to shake her out of it.

"SOMEONE SAVE HIM!" Hiyori screamed not even watching the video.... the painful screams of Matsuo burning alive were more than enough for her to snap.

"STOP, DROP AND ROLL!" Ike.... he's committing suicide you half-wit.

"This is just like that one anime-gwah.... w-what was that for!" Sotomura said holding his red cheek.

"This isn't the time and no one understands what the fuck you're saying!" Sudo snapped as well punching Sotomura and grabbing his collar, trying to hold himself back.

All in the end. Meant nothing.

Matsuo leaves this world. Taking away the darkness he had hoped to keep from his son Eiichiro.

Sadly, Eiichiro will never receive the last loving words from his father. As one day he will be consumed....

*CLAP* *CLAP*

"Teachers.... you should know the drill by now, I'll pause the video for 20 minutes to allow everyone to calm their nerves, but don't become too relaxed. There's still more video to go through." Agent Tsukishiro said assisting the teachers, while Mashima and Chabashira allowed for his help without any confrontation.

For the teachers, and Agent Tsukishiro, the acting director, the students must come first.

"A-Are you okay Airi?" Keisei asked her handing over a candy bar.

".... I-I'm o-okay.... I'll m-make it.... for K-Kiyotaka."

"I see.... how about you Haruka?"

"....."

"Haruk-"

"Keisei, just give her some time to rest." Akito said seeing Haruka's condition.

"Yeah, you're right, sorry...."

"W-Why he was so kind, not fair.... n-not....it's not...." Chihiro cried violently alongside Ichinose.

Suicide was well known to them at this point regarding the White Room and the Professor, but what they just witnessed was the first time someone took their own life in such a horrifying way.

Time skip: 20 Minutes

"Now then.... I mentioned earlier that showing this video about Matsuo-sensei was a part of my mission, correct?"

The teachers and students nodded, apart from the blondie.

"Teachers, I have a stack of leaflets, please hand out one to each of the students here, there are some for you as well. On this piece of paper is the address, column and row number for Matsuo's grave.... I want to make sure his sacrifice is never forgotten so please...."

"After you leave this school.... please plant flowers for my old comrade and carry a piece of him in your hearts, I ask this of everyone here."

"I-I will plant flowers for Matsuo!" Ichinose said standing up still crying.

"So will I!"

"M-Me too!" Mako and Chihiro immediately followed their leader and friend.

"I will never forget him, right H-Hirata-kun." Mii-chan said asking for his support.

"Yeah.... you're right, I will plant flowers for him as well, we should all never forget Matsuo or the sacrifice he made."

"Tsukishiro, I still don't trust you, but I will plant flowers for your comrade as well." Mashima said as all four teachers agreed.

All across the theater, students dotted down the info from the paper, now wet from tears, on their phones and promised to never forget Matsuo.

Agent Tsukishiro look across the theater with a genuine warm smile and said,

"I will be forever grateful.... alright now that everyone has sufficiently calmed down let's contin-"

"W-Wait what about his son, Eiichiro?" Ike....

'I'm going to kill him!' Shinohara thought glaring at her no-brained boyfriend.

The bloodlust directed towards Ike caused him to shrivel down in his seat.

'Good lord, this one just doesn't seem to read the atmosphere, but I have the video so might as well show it.... I'll make sure they don't forget about your son as well Matsuo-sensei.'

"Very well, we will continue with that next then, this takes place a few months after Matsuo-sensei's death."

 Nanase POV

*Knock* *Knock*

"Eiichiro, open up its me, Nanase. I brought snacks over that I wanted you to try."

"W-Wait that's Nanase, that first year girl."

"She's involved in all this too.... just how much shit is going on behind the scenes at this school." You have no idea....

'That's the chick Ayanokoji was with during the exam.... is she connected to the White Room as well, if so, is she here at this school to expel him.' Ryuen thought.

"Suzune.... is she from the White Room too?"

"I don't know...."

'Is she the second 5th generation student along with Amasawa; that would explain her participation in the bounty, but.... she tried to save Ayanokoji-kun from Hosen.... There's too little information to confirm anything.'

With Nanase, came a small basket of homemade taro root mochi and Baui rolls all neatly wrapped in elegant pink wrapping and ribbon.

"Hm? Eiichiro, are you in there?"

"Heh?"

He left his door open, I guess he was expecting me.

"Pardon the intrusion."

Where is Eiichiro, he'd usually meet me at the door, well no matter, I guess with everything he's had to deal with, I understand him feeling down.

I mean he did lose his father not that long ago.... and he's been having trouble making ends meet....

Several students became teary eyed again trying their best to remove the horrific images of Matsuo's death from their minds, but what came next would be just as traumatizing.

"So, when exactly did this take place again?." Hirata meekly said.

"To give everyone a time stamp this was on February 14th of this year, so almost a year after Ayanokoji-kun enrolled at this school."

"Valentine's day...."

'I sense the atmosphere going to take place here.' Hashimoto thought taking note of Nanase's aura and the heart-shaped gifts she had.

No, there's no time to feel bad, I'm here to cheer him up. I worked all day to make these snacks for him; I can't wait to see his smile again after so long.

"Eiichiro? Hehe, don't tell me you're still asleep."

Going to his bedroom, I knocked on the door.

No response.

The entire theater became silent, unsure where this video would end....

They will soon see the price Matsuo made.... was not limited to just himself.

"I'm coming in, Eiichiro I bro-"

*THUD*

"E-Eiichiro, Huh....huh...."

"AHH!" Hiyori screamed with many others following suit.

"OH GOD! NOO!" Ichinose fell down covering her face before the sight.

"N-No, I-I c-can't t-take this a-anymore!" This stuttering mess wasn't Airi, but Karuizawa having traumatic shock flow over her body seeing the image now burned in everyone's memory.

The entire theater shook and became unraveled at this horror movie....

Nanase dropped the basket of homemade snacks she made for her beloved childhood friend Eiichiro as she found him in his bedroom....

Hanging from the ceiling....

"AHHH, NO EIICHIRO, EIICHIRO! NO!"

Nanase ran over and pulled on Eiichiro's lifeless body trying to get him down.

"NOOO E-EIICHIRO.... nooooo...."

"TURN IT OFF!" NO Hirata, that would ruin the fanfic if I did so.

'I can't afford for Hiyori to become too traumatized from this shit, I need her intellect for future exams.'

"SAKAGAMI, you walking bean pole! Come handle this shit! You ape-headed mongoloid!" Ryuen yelled at his teacher causing him to fumble as he ran over.

[Hosen: "Achoo......... the fuck was that...."]

Nanase broke down crying.... it was too late for him.

With many students of the 2nd year joining her, many whom were acquainted with her now pitying her.... but there were some who speculated her true reason for coming to this school.

Kanzaki tried his best to calm down his classmates as Ichinose was in no state to do so.

Sakayanagi asked Hashimoto for assistance calming down class A, since beer-chan was too busy drinking like a sailor to be of any use.

Nanase wouldn't be able to present the gifts she had made for him.

Or finally work up the courage to confess her feelings to him....

'I knew it.' Hashimoto thought hanging his head down low.

"Disgusting, I find it appalling these circumstances would cause puppy-chan to ruin her beauty with ugly tears." I agree with Koneji.

"T-That's awful.... Nanase...."

"Death.... so much death.... just because Kiyotaka-kun wanted to be free...." Hirata once again fell into a spiral as Vietnam flashbacks filled his mind.

"I-I won't accept this! I won't, I won't.... don't leave me.... [ I ] won't let you!"

'Boku?' Matsushita pondered trying to calm herself.

'It would seem this was too much for her brain.' Sakayanagi thought.

'This is why Nanase was fighting Ayanokoji-kun back on the island, him being here at school resulted in her friend's death. I can use this.... but if it wasn't for that bitch Amasawa, he'd already be expelled by now.' Kushida thought scheming an evil plan.... oh, how ignorance is bliss.

Nanases' pleads will go unheard. For Eiichiro, the weight of his father's death along with his failed attempts to enroll in high school several times was too much for him. The overbearing thought of no longer able to repay his deceased father for everything he has done for him brought him to this point.

He deemed it the best way to leave this world, to follow in his father's footsteps one last time and hope he'll have his forgiveness when they reunite on the other side.

"NO EIICHIRO-KUN, THAT'S NOT TRUE!" Breaching through the sound of crying and praying, Horikita lost her composure.

"Your father cared deeply about you, he would've wanted you to follow your own path, not in his shoes! Why didn't you stay strong and push forward through the loneliness, why, why.... why didn't y-you..."

Horikita broke down crying starting to remember her brother, though never reaching this breaking point; she too was at one point the same as Eiichiro wanting to follow in the shadow of someone else dear to them. To see Eiichiro take his life never to reconcile with his father, his own blood, it broke her thawing heart.

Eiichiro, much like his father couldn't handle this pain, suffering, and despair that they carried. They both took their lives hoping for salvation. For Matsuo it was to save his son from this darkness brought down by the devil himself.

For Eiichiro it was to repay his father in the afterlife as he too was consumed by this.... by the darkness he carries.

"This, this is insane, just because Ayanokoji-kun wanted a glimpse of normal life.... all this suffering and death.... tch, like what I did was any better..." Chabashira was now in a similar state as Hirata.... pale and lifeless.

"B-Be strong Sae-chan, you are the homeroom teacher of Ayanokoji-kun's class, you will have to be strong for them." Hoshinomiya said to strengthen her best friend's resolve.

The price of freedom is by no means cheap.

Much like the wars of ole' the professor mentioned earlier, the price for one's freedom ultimately ends.... in another's death.

"Aright then, I want to apologize again to everyone for the horrific videos you just witnessed, but please remember all these events occurred to show the past of the boy Ayanokoji Kiyotaka to be the person you all know. With that being said we will now.... Ike-kun, proceed with Ayanokoji-kun's first day of school, specifically his trip to school."

All the students and teachers nodded, many of which who were still shaking and crying over the two deaths they just witnessed.

 Ayanokoji-kun POV

"Again, not to confuse anyone, this goes back to April 1, your year's opening ceremony." Agent Tsukishiro said to enlighten the students and so author-san doesn't forget where the f*ck he's at while writing.

"I guess I should head to the bus station now." I said turning around to face Matsuo whom was seeing me out the door.

"Yes, you don't want to be late on the first day now, haha."

I nodded and made my way down the stairs towards the bu-

".... Ayanokoji-kun...."

I turned around to see Matsuo with a smile, but I could sense the sadness behind it.

"I want to feel happy.... but I just can't...." Sato said with other students having similar feelings.

"Make sure to make friends okay, alright. You can learn a lot from friends. Try to get a girlfriend too, well knowing a handsome young man such as yourself, you'll probably have more trouble keeping them off of you, haha."

Matsuo saying this caused MANY key girls to avert their still watery eyes, but many failed trying not to blush.

"Ibuki, kuku, why'd you flinch too, care to explain."

"Oh, fuck off Ryuen!"

Friends?

A girlfriend?

I guess that would be nice....

'Thank you, Matsuo, thank you so much for helping bring Kiyotaka to me, I will always be grateful to you. I will never forget you or Eiichiro-kun.' Karuizawa thought helping Sato calm her breathing.

'I will eternally be grateful to you Matsuo, for helping reunite me with my beloved childhood friend. It will not be easy telling my father of your passing, but we will come visit both your grave and your son's, when the time permits it.'

"Thank you, Matsuo, for bringing Kiyopon to this school so all of us could be his friends, you're an amazing.... father...."

"You okay Haruka?" Keisei asked as Akito and Airi both looked at her worryingly.

".... Yeah.... it's nothing, don't worry about it." Haruka seemed to touch a difficult subject for herself.

Recalling Matsuo's death.... or something from her past, maybe?

I made my way to the bus station while pondering about various things. After about 20 minutes, the bus parked in front of me and I boarded to see many people and other students wearing the same uniform as me. Moving swiftly a secured a seat observing the other people coming in and out.

"That's me!" Kushida shouted, her vibrant smile, though forced, help many of the males in the theater calm their nerves.

"My my, I was as perfect then as I am now." I think this is the longest Koenji has actually paid attention to the video....

"Hahhh"

"You okay Horikita-san" Hirata asked looking at her.

"No, it's nothing really, just regretting some past decisions that's all."

'If only I knew then what I know now. I wonder what would have changed.... how would I have changed?'

ANHS is a private school with the goal of educating the young minds that will take up important roles in society. And, gives all its graduates equal opportunity for employment or college acceptance. Apart from the latter, it and the White Room share common notions about creating elites to rule Japan, giving equal education regardless of race, gender or other discriminatory hot topics.

 But....since I will be at this school for the next three years however.... I'd rather not think of that facility and enjoy my peaceful life.

With that being said though....

Equality huh....

If I may, I'd like to impose an interesting question.

Are all human beings truly equal?

*PLEASE READ! *

And done, sorry about the delay with this chapter. I've been hella busy over the last week since the holiday, so I didn't get much time or energy to write, but I managed to finish before pulling my hair out, and I underestimated just how much I was putting into this chapter, hehe.

Please note, this is not the last of the chapters, there will be a final epilogue that will conclude the story line for this fanfic, so I hope everyone who's read thus far will read it as well. It will be set in real time after the students finished the videos, so no reactions since it is present time.

How did you enjoy this chapter?

ETA till next chapter will be a week as well give or take, depending on how drunk I am while I try to write.

Thanks to everyone who is enjoying this fanfic as much as I am, till then bye. :)

Word count: 16,112

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.2K 775 10
What if Shiro and Yuki went to ANHS with Kiyo? The characters are OCC (especially Kiyo) First fan fic/amateur writer infrequent updates Original stor...
7.1K 155 10
Who would have thought a class for sluts would bring everyone together.
292K 6.7K 10
The entire 2nd year were informed to go to the gymnasium for an important announcement, but when they arrived, they met a figure, and with a snap, is...
617K 2.3K 63
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!