The White Wolf ( Derek Hale L...

By Dat_AthRojas

(This is the back story between Savannah and her friends before the actual TW series starts. I recommend read... More

The Agent
Disapproval
Hopeful
New Life
Family
Caring For
Psychos
Domestication
Fear
Weakness
Death Rises
New Blood
Revenge
Reincarnation
Rival
New Face
Virtuoso
Love Triangle
The Hunted
First Loves
Abandonment
Partners
Betrayal
"I love you." "I hate You."
Eternity
"Always."
Reality
Portland
Phases
First Loss
The Woods
The River
Humanity

Training

840 25 1
By Dat_AthRojas

It was 7:38 in the afternoon, training was done for the day and Talia dragged me out in the middle of nowhere with her pack. The air was crisp, and the moon was in the shape of a toenail. We walked to the edge of the clift, looking down at the city. "Why here?" Ennis said, he was known for never really liking heights. "We need the fresh air, this town is becoming a lot more packed with supernatural creatures in the past year." Talia changes her eye color, to look closer. Deucalion stands beside me, while Ennis walks around like always.

"What's going to happens to our packs?" I question Talia, "We don't know yet, we might have to move them for safety. We'll know when the time comes." Deucalion wraps his arm around my shoulder. "But for now, you need to make sure you keep your grades up, and keep an eye on your pack. That's the most any young werewolf can do." I look up at him before, looking out to the city.

"Has Talia ever told you the story about Hybrid and its home?" I shake my head at Deucalion. "In the late 1200's, there was this couple, very much in love with each other. The man, Theo, lived in this very town, while the woman, Olivia, moved in with him. When one night, Olivia was killed by an animal in the woods. No one knew what happened, but they guessed it was Theo, since he always goes out at night. He was hunted down by the townspeople every night, believing he was the one that caused all of the past killings as well." He loses his thought due to the lights of the city, "Why did they hunt him down?" Talia and Ennis sit on some rocks nearby, hearing the story with me.

"Because he was also an animal, a Hybrid. One night the townspeople were out looking for him, and ran into this animal. 6ft tall, black fur, and the reddest of eyes. They just watched as the animal circled around them, smelling their scents. Only one shot was fired, and that was Theo's. The townspeople felt guilty for blaming Olivia's death on Theo, and that night, when he killed the beast. He promised them to protect this city with everything he had left, until his last breath." When Deucalion finishes the story, I look out at the flat land down below me.

"Ever since that night, Theo would come up this cliff, and stand on the edge. When the full moon was out, he howled to it." I stand there, staring at the moon. "Why?"

"Because he believed Olivia was his moon, that she was the light that showed him where the danger was, so he could always keep his home safe. Even when his home was thousand of miles away from him."

After the story, we walked back to Talia's house in time for dinner. "Do you think that story is true? The Hybrid and the moon." I was helping Talia was the dishes, making sure I dried the plates before setting them down. "Of course, if it wasn't for that story, we would have never seen his reincarnation." I stop drying the plates, "Who's that?" She chuckles, "You." She looks at me for a while before continuing with the dishes.

I walk up to the second floor, and grab my stuff. "I heard Deucalion told you the story.." I sighed quietly, "Yeah, he told me." After I grab my bags, Peter follows me to my car.

"What do you want Peter." Just one step away from me, he smirks with a surprised face. "I think I triggered something. I'm just walking a beautiful girl to her car, didn't you hear the woods are dangerous at night." A shadow moves above our heads, I look up to the room in the corner. Derek's room, he stands there looking at us. "I can manage, it's you who shouldn't be walking alone at night." Quickly I get in my car, and drive off.

I came home, and my mom, Emma, and Scott were sitting down in the living room watching a horror movie. I stand in front of the corridor, waiting for Emma to notice me. I give out a soft growl, and flash my eyes. Scott screams, and Emma grabs them both. I couldn't help but bust out laughing. "That wasn't funny Oli!" Scott throws me one of the pillows. My mom touches her chest, "Dear god, I'm gonna have heart problems with both of you." I sit down next to Scott, grabbing him and messing with his hair. "Mama, tell her to stop!" Emma joins after, and we start a whole brawl.

Once Scott fell asleep on me, my mom was already up stairs. I carried him up to his room, a tucked him in. "Thank you for letting me stay here." Emma whispers to me, as she stands between the door. "No problem. He hasn't been this happy since my dad was here." I turn down the lamp near his bed, and leave some light coming through the door.

"My dad is still at the hospital, but they said he might have to go to rehab. Which means I might have to move." I stop taking off my shoes, "You can still stay here, you have two more years until we graduate. My mom doesn't have any problem with you staying here." I could see the pain in her eyes, "It's just so much right now. With school, the team, and then him..I just wish my mom was still here." I get up and hug her, in which she squeezes me even harder. "You're my best friend Savannah, I don't know what I would be without you." I don't say anything, but I don't let go of her.

The next day at school, most of my classes ran smoothly. Some of the students were really annoying, I was just lucky to get out of there without ripping their throat out. I met up with Danielle after class, and went to go eat lunch.

"So how has your song been, I heard that Mr.Lively is pretty picky about his violin students and their music." Danielle goes through her music sheets and pulls out a price that I played before. "Hallelujah..I love that song." She smiles, playing the music without a violin. "Yeah, He said that there is a school in NYC, Julliard School of Performing Arts." I park my car in my spot, "That's amazing! When's the audition?" We grab our food, and walk to the music room. "In April, it's the last audition for the fall semester students." We smile until we reach the room.

About 3 students were practicing when we got there, Danielle went into her private, while I sat at the grand piano. I took out my piece of music and started to play the second part of Turning Page.

Mr.Lively came out of his room, roaming around the class. Of course like always, I get lost in the music and start playing the song from the beginning 3 times. "Savannah, you okay?" He rests his hand on my shoulder, making me stop playing and quickly look up at him. "Yeah, was I playing too loud?" He smiles, shaking his head. "No, it just seemed like you were playing the music for different reason then when you usually play."

The bell interrupts him, sending all of the students heading to class. "Go to class, I'll see you tomorrow."

Heading to the girls locker room, Coach was already explaining the things we were going to do today. "Shirts v. Skins. McCall, your skin." Still holding my bag, I drop it on top of my cleats. "I guess were both going to be getting some sun today." Rolling my eyes at Emma, I change into my teal and gray Nike shorts. "You wearing that too?" Emma changes into white and teal Nike shorts. "We have to stop doing this.." We laugh for a while before going out to the fields.

A lot of people were conditioning, running, or drilling things for their game that week. Basketball, Baseball, Track, Lacrosse. Luckily our game wasn't until next week, "Okay Captian's pick your team." Today was some what the battle of the teams, JV captain's were a lot like Emma and I. Both sponsored by a clothing line, and both the best on their team. "Call it out." Coach yells, "Tails." Sam yelled, she was the Co-Captain. "Heads it is. Savannah, Emma, get your team ready."

We jog back to our side of the field, "Okay ladies, you know what happened during these games. Don't let them go down without a fight, and yes that's a pun. Show these girls what they are getting themselves into next year, alright." They into a clapping chant, that's when I look at Emma. "Who's gonna bring that Blood and Pain!" We talk together, "Black and Red!" We all look back at the other team, who looks scared out of their minds.

We take off our shirts, only leaving my team in their sports bras. "Get unto the Pentagon." I yell, I figured we could try the new formation today at practice. Sam and Kayla, struggled in controlling whether to use the 2-4-4 formation or the usual one. "C'mon captain, we don't have all day, and plus my teams getting a tan without putting any work in." Emma was always known for making the other a little angry, but it was good, because that mean the game would turn into a good one.

Just 15 minutes in, we had already made, 3 goals against them. "Sam! You can't make it easy on them!" Coach yells from the sidelines, which catches the attention of the other students. I dribble past JV's mid, and trick my way past the defensive line, making another 'Hard' goal.

"Time!" Coach yells again, Varsity heads for some water, while Jenna ask me to help her with goalie. "Just keep kicking, I need the practice." I chuckle at her before moving the ball to the corner, she catches it. Then I try the right corner. "You're making it too easy for me McCall." That's when I get farther from the goal.

I give her a curve ball, tricky to catch. But if you focus of the direction of the player, you can catch the ball instantly. Once the ball fly's off of my foot, to goes straight to the left side, and just when the wind kicks in, changes direction completely and goes to the lower right corner. "Damn." Jenna rolls into the ground, "You said you wanted it tricky." She cleans herself up before going at it again.

Some of the students running around our field, stops and looks at us. Not knowing who they were, I get ready to kick again.

I think about another kick that is challenging to catch. When I see that Jenna is ready, I finally have it. I roll the ball out and then back in, picking it up with my foot and then kicking it up 3 times. When it's where I want it, I twist my body to the side, kicking the ball with my right leg. The ball leaves my foot, at the speed of light. Jenna watches the ball, and throws herself to the right corner, grabbing the ball with her and rolling to the floor. "Yeaaah!" I scream. Some people on the sides, clap and tell us good job including Derek Hale.

"Alright, let's get back to the game!" Coach yells.

I look at Derek, who is running without his shirt, his basketball shorts, and running shoes. He waves at me, "Good job." He tells me, "..Thanks." He lifts one eyebrow, and smiles back. I run back to my spot and start the game back again.

Derek's POV

When I hear everyone screaming and cheering, I see that their cheering for Jenna and Savannah. She kicks the ball couple of times and Jenna only misses 1 catch. Coach Finstock calls them back for the game, I catch her eyes. Our conversation wasn't long, like I wanted it to be, but at least she said something.

"She's grown to a very gorgeous young lady..don't you think so." When I hear that, I immediately know it's Peter. "What's up with you and her? You're always together, but you don't see that she doesn't want to talk to you. You're too old for her anyways." But knowing Peter, he didn't care if her was too old for her. He wanted her and would do just about anything to get her.

"I can't help myself, just look at her." I turn my eyes to Savannah, who was running around the field. She had an olive skin tone, rare in Beacon Hills. Her hair was a light caramel color, loose curls during the day, but in a pony tail during practice. Her eyes were a light gray, but sometimes, depending on her mood, would turn either darker, or lighter. She had a very athletic body, if she stood still you would be able to see her muscle on her legs and calf's. Her stomach was flat, but you could see her curves when she stood in front of you. She wore some teal and gray Nike shorts, the ones that come with the spandex already in them. When she took off her warm up jacket, she had a dark gray sports bra.

Savannah was the type of girl that if you stared at her for too long, you would fall in love with her instantly. But some people wouldn't see that, they wouldn't try to get the chance to get to know her. And if you did, you were lucky.

"I think your teams calling you Derek." I stop staring at her, and run to my team.

"Who was that?" Ash tells me as he hands me my water bottle, "My annoying Uncle." Ash watches him looking at Savannah and Emma. Who are both smiling and laughing at the bench, "You sure he's not here to see the girls play?" Rolling his eyes back at me, you could see the anger he has. "You okay? He's not gonna do anything, trust me. Emma and Savannah can handle him, you don't have to worry." He clenches his jaws, "If you say so.." He walks off towards Emma and Savannah, when I look back at Peter, he's gone.

Savannah's POV

From the corner of my eye, I see Ash walk to Emma and I. "Your team was really good, no wonder you're National winners." You could tell he started to blush when Emma looked at him. "Thanks, were really proud of them too." I pat one of the girls on their arm as they pass by. And then Derek comes right behind him.

Suddenly I feel flushed just like Ash. "You and Jenna were really good, seems like you practice with her a lot." He seemed to be a little nervous when he asked that. "Sometimes, her dad helps her, but when were at practice, were usually partnered together." I realized that was the most I have ever said to him.

My phone rings just seconds later, "Sorry I have to take this." We make a small gap for me to leave, "What's up mom?" She sounds tired on the other side, "I'm going to be late to pick up Scott, can you try to skip swim practice and get him for me. I'll buy you guys Pizza?" I sigh, "Alright Mom, just keep working."

I grab my bags, and my jacket. "Sorry guys I have to go, can you hand me my cleats." Expecting Emma to give them for me, Derek does it instead. "Thank you." When he hands them to me, our hands touch. Giving an electric current through us, "Where are you going?" Emma says to me, "I have to go and get Scott." Knowing what I meant, she grabs her stuff and says goodbye to the guys as well.

"Can you believe they came to talk to us? Even Derek?" We hurry up and get inside the car, before rush hours starts. "Yeah I can't believe it either."
Scott's school wasn't far from my school, but traffic was horrible. There was a crash just 5 blocks from where I was sitting, "I'm not going to get there am I?" Emma put the radio on, on an annoying station that didn't even play good music. I felt myself become agitated, and the music didn't help. "C'mon!" I yelled, and the music shuts off, leaving a static notice in the background. "Woaah.." Emma scared turns the radio off, "Well then I guess were not gonna play music."

A car gives me space to cut in front of him, and I freely go on about to Scott's school.

I left Emma in the car, while I went into the office. He went to a middle school, so I wasn't used to the small hallways, and the very small children around me. Banners were hanged around the building, 'Harvard', 'Standford', 'Yale', and other Universities hanging around. I entered the office, where Scott was already waiting for me. "Sorry I'm late, traffic was bad, and I was in the middle of practice." I kneel in front of Scott, but he just points to the lady standing behind the desk.

"Are you his guardian?" A lady with red hair, and pale white skin, hands me a sign out sheet and a pen. "Sister, my mother's working late." She gives a polite smile, and let's me take Scott home.

"How was school?" I look at him through the rear view mirror, "Good, reading was hard today." Emma turn back to talk to Scott, "I know bud, reading was hard for me too. We all can't be the smart siblings in the family." Mocking me, I swerve to the right. Making Emma hit her head on the window. "Oww!" I burst into a laugh with Scott trailing behind.

Just then, another call. "Yeah mom I have Scott with me.." But it wasn't my mom. They didn't say anything, just breathed. Then someone else talks, "Is that my baby girl?" And immediately my heart stops, and I drop my phone. "Savannah you okay?" Freaked out, and a little scared I hesitantly answer Emma. "Yeah, umm...I need to..make a quick stop somewhere. I'll drop you guys off at the house."

In the corner of my eye, I could tell Emma knew something was wrong, but didn't say anything in front of Scott.

"I'll be back in about an hour, just tell mom that I was meeting up with coach." I watch them go in the house, before I speed down the road, and to Talia's.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

259 15 28
"When ur someone like me..u don't get very much out of life. A stable home, a good school life, friends, good grades. I've got none of those..except...
6K 52 28
Book 2 of The love between a werewolf and a human. IMPORTANT NOTE: READ THE FIRST BOOK BEFORE YOU READ THIS ONE. OR IT WILL BE CONFUSING. "Sometimes...
231 22 14
Sophia Stilinski has had unexplainable powers since she was a kid. She never thought anything of it. That is, until her brother's best friend gets bi...
125K 2.7K 54
( ON HOLD ) After being away from Beacon Hills for six years, Marlo Stilinski finally returns but with secrets, talents and a certain someone in her...