DEFENDER [hs]

By jaszs_23

Suddenly all my songs were about you. ---- When Mr. William's daughter was kidnapped, Harry out of all hundre... More

Intro/Warning
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58

Chapter 20

155 5 0
By jaszs_23

A picture speaks a thousand words.

-----

A few turns and U-turns, I saw the sign of the most overrated fast food place. The drive thru was filled with families, parent's buying their children happy meals and spending time as a family. It is adorable to see families like these but it also makes me think of my own.

I never had this bond. Not even with my father. 

No matter how hard I try no to think about it, things like these just appear in my head. I always imagine a life where I had both my mum and dad and maybe even a sibling. It sucks having a broken family but that's just the way life works. It's unfair.

I don't know where my mum is and if she even wants to see me again. She left when I was four and I don't know why. Mum and Dad fought a lot and I wished I knew about it but I was too young. 

That night she put me to bed and when I woke up the next day, she wasn't there. She was gone. Dad kept ignoring my questions about her and constantly got angry with me.  I decided to drop the idea and except that I'm never going to have the perfect family I dreamed off.

-----

Harry parked the car in a parking lot next to a blue Honda. We decided to dine in as Harry had a few leg cramps from driving for too long. I got out of the car and shut the door. Harry then proceeded to lock the door and grab my hand in his.

We walked in and it was quite empty. Harry went to order for us while I found a little booth for us to sit in. The outside view of the McDonald's was breathtaking.

I wish I had a phone or a camera with me. The polaroid we had hadn't had a lot of film which bummed me out. If I had a phone right now, it would be filled with beautiful mountain pictures. As I was studying, I haven't had a chance to go around and visit the whole of Utah. 

College.

I totally forgot about it. Did anyone there notice I was gone? Probably not. I'm not that famous. But doesn't that also lead to suspicion? Michael is probably going in and out of hospitals after hearing me furiously slamming the phone down when I called him yesterday. But as soon as I reach Connecticut, calling Michael is my number one priority. 

About a few minutes later, Harry came back with food. He bought me a burger with a side of fries while he ate a salad. I mean come on. He has to keep his body in shape, right? 

I ate the burger in silence and sipped on my sprite. I felt absolutely useless. In front of me here I have a health expert eating his greens and chugging down black coffee. How do people enjoy black coffee? Something I'll never be able to understand. 

Harry then reached towards my plate and grabbed a few fries. "Hey!" I slapped his hand as I shot him a stare. I hate a lot of things in the world, such as pigs but it doesn't hurt me a lot. But the one thing I can't stand is people taking my food away. I turn into a very ugly creature.

"What." He asked as he munched the fries and rolled his eyes at me. I would do the same thing to him if he had something not healthy on his plate but he didn't. I was definitely not going to steal his salad filled with greens. I decided to change the topic.

"So, Harry there's an art shop across the street." I asked hoping he understands what I'm trying to hint at. "So?" He replied shattering my soul. What a bitch. "Since we aren't really rushing to Connecticut, can we go in?" I asked with puppy eyes, praying he will consider it.

"No." He said as he sipped his coffee. I huffed at him. He was so annoying. I hate him.

"Then why did you kiss him on the cheek, dumbass?" my mind said. You know what, It's right. 

If you hate him so much, why did you do it Athena?

I groaned and got up to dispose the remains of my food just before Harry was going to. I purposely bumped into him in the shoulder and walked out the door. He let out an annoyed groan and walked out, walking behind me. 

I skipped down the road and glanced back at my shoulder facing Harry. My body was positioned to the direction of the Art Store. I shot him a smile.

"No." He said but I ignored him. I walked into the store without even bother asking him. 

"Hey miss, would you like to paint today?" The cashier asked me. It was a woman around the age of forty who had a bob haircut. She looked nice. "Oh, I just want to look around if that's alright?" I said and she replied with a sure. She went to the backroom.

I took a look around and was incredibly mesmerized. Everything here took my breath away. 

I wanted to live here and spent my whole life here. Painting and art was the only one thing I was good at. Yes, I'm proudly bragging. I really wanted to paint right now. 

Seconds later, the devil entered. Harry gave me a furious look and I smiled at him. 

"Why didn't you listen to me? "Let's go." He said while tugging at my arm. "No." I replied with a smug on my face. I was doing the same thing he was doing just now. Just replying with a no. 

How petty.

"I don't have all day, Athena" "Let's. Go." He said to me in a stern voice and I continued to shook my head into a no. I'm going to stand my ground. "What do you say if we have a little painting session?" I asked him and he replied with a quick no. "Please, Harry please." 

"No, Athena we need to go." Harry replied and I groaned. "You're so annoying." I said. "I know." he replied making my blood boil. "Please, Harry I will do anything just let me paint for awhile, I haven't picked up a brush since forever, please." I kept persuading him.

"Fuck, fine only for an hour." He said and I smiled in victory. I always get my way, It's just a talent of mine. "I'll wait in the car." He said as he began walking out the door. "No, Harry."

I grabbed onto his arm and began pulling him. "You're painting with me."

"Hell, no." He replied making me laugh. "Why? Is it because you suck at painting?" I asked with a challenging. "I'm a much better painter then you, Miss Wilson." He said as he held his head up high, boasting. "Prove it." I said and he smirked.

We ringed the bell on the cashier and the same lady came back to us. "Hey, lovies what can I do for you?" She asked with this charisma in her. I just know her children had the best mother.

"We would like to book a painting session for an hour." I said and she nodded. "Here you go." She said passing me a room tag. "Just walk down this hallway and go into the room stated, there are painting supplies already set." She said making me excited. "Thank you!" I said as I grabbed Harry's hand and dashed looking for the room. It was room number four.

Immediately, I found it. I pulled Harry's hand and made our way inside. Inside was a what a painter's dream looked like. There was every possible art supply to ever exist. My heart beamed with excitement.

I squealed in elation and hurried to the paints to observe the gorgeous colors. Harry was resting his body in the doorway as he watched me like I was walking on air. 

I didn't even bother about inviting Harry to paint with me. Straightforwardly, I forgot he was even there. It's like this world of art sucked me in and I just can't stop. Art to me is something that is created with imagination and skill and that is beautiful even if it doesn't make sense to anyone else. If you like, that's all that matters. My father got me into art from a young age. After mum left, he fell into this downward spiral where he saw no more purpose.

But he couldn't give up. He had me and art and that's all that mattered. He would always paint questionable and interesting paintings that didn't make sense to anyone but him. I started becoming more interested in art ever since I saw his creations and begged him to teach me. 

Since then, my love for art always grew and if I could, I would paint every day.

There were so many things I could paint, but very little time. Every painter's problems ever. 

Wise words from my father were, "Just paint the first thing you see." and what is the first thing I see? 

Harry. 

I tilted my canvas in a way he couldn't see what I was painting. I grabbed the paint colors I needed. Harry wore a white shirt and had his hair up in a bun. It would be hard to paint him as he kept moving around and he has very detailed tattoos. Obviously, I wasn't going to tell him I'm painting him. I want this to be a surprise for him. 

"Harry, come on paint something." I told him and he shook his head into a no. "I'm not good at art, Athena." He said making me pout. "It's okay, just paint anything that comes to mind." I said and he sighed and got to his canvas. I grinned and made my way back to mine. I was so hard to paint him but I had to use my imagination. I was going to do a half body portrait. 

-----

About forty five minutes later, I was done. It wasn't my best but I still loved it. Through out this whole forty five minutes, Harry hasn't said a word nor looked at me. He looked incredibly focused and I was surprised. I added a few touch ups to mine to make it look perfect, or at least what I called perfect.  Every time the brush stroked the paper, I did it with love. I had to secretly look at Harry cause I don't want to get caught. But he was to focus to realize I was even looking.

I was so zoned out as I stared at my painting I awe. "Done?" Harry asked me, and I regain conscious. "Y-yea, done." I said with a smile. 

"So um, do you want to show me what you painted?" Harry asked me and I bit my lip. Come on, Athena. You made it for him anyway. Be proud.

"It's not the best." I said, second guessing myself. "What happen to 'I am the best painter' confidence?" He asked me and I smirked at him. Yes Athena, what happened? 

"Fine." I said as I turned my canvas around. My heart was beating incredibly fast. What if he hates it? What if he thinks it's ugly? What if he gets a heart attack and dies after seeing it? Fuck.

He stared at me with wide eyes. I mentally slapped myself. He hates it doesn't he?

-----

Harry Styles

As she turned her canvas around, I could sense the anxiety in her eyes. Why was she so nervous? She claimed to be an amazing artist didn't she? Moreover I should be the one terrified. I suck at art. Like shit at it.

When the canvas faced me my eyes widen and my eyebrows shot up. She bit her lip in nervousness and hid behind the canvas, probably shy. 

I stepped closer to the canvas with the same expression on my face. 

She painted me. Beautifully.

I was in lost of words. The paints she used created a lustrous effect all together. The detailing of my tattoos were perfectly painted on. She had painted me and my outfit today. 

Did she stare at me when I was busy painting? 

She still hid behind the canvas. I picked the canvas stand up and placed it on the side, allowing me to be face to face with her. 

"W-what do you think?" She asked me. What do I think? You are probably the most talented person I've ever seen. I honestly didn't expect this from her but then again she's the quite girl. 

"I think I need to frame this somewhere." I replied to her with a smile on my face. I saw her sigh in relieve and released her breath. "Really?" She asked and I nodded. "Fuck, yeah." I replied while grabbing her painting and examining it. She even painted my hair beautifully. 

I was amazed.

-----

Athena Williams

I'll be lying if I said I wasn't over the moon now. I've never shown my artwork to anyone else then my dad and Michael, so this was a big thing for me. I'm glad he loved it. It meant a lot. He smiled at me and I felt really proud. 

"Okay your turn, show me yours." I said and he quickly nodded a no. "Come on Harry, I showed you mine." He still nodded into a no. I pouted and grew a little annoyed with him. 

I went back and started cleaning up the supplies when... "I-It's an oil painting." He said making me turn around and nod. "Um- here." He said as he turned around his artwork facing me. It confused me but I walked towards him and stared at the picture. I turned my gaze back at him. 

"It's- um a picture of me and my sister when we were younger, I-I tried to draw it." He said. My eyes started watering. I looked up at him in sadness. Even though he 'is' a cold and dark person, deep down he was incredibly thoughtful. 

"Harry- it's beautiful." I said while shooting him a smile. "You are incredibly thoughtful." I told him while placing my hand on his shoulders.

He smiled shyly and I was still stunned in astonishment. "You are very sweet, Harry." I said and he chuckled. "Meh." He said while going back to clean up and I smiled at him. 

"I feel bad for not drawing you, but you said to draw the first thing that comes to mind and that's Gemma." Harry said and I smiled. "No, Harry you don't have to draw me and your sister has a wonderful name." I said and he replied saying she does.

We got out of the room and went to the cashier. Harry paid and the cashier thanked us. We got out and got into the car, placing our canvases in the back seat. Harry put the gas into ignition and we drove off. My heart was still beating in happiness. He had so much soul in him.

The view through out the whole hour of the drive was spectacular. It was now 5:45pm and now we weren't going to stop till Connecticut. 

Harry placed his sunglasses back on his face and I leaned back into the seat, reading the same book that I once called boring but now it's actually becoming interesting. 

Don't judge a book by it's cover. Indeed. 

I judged Harry and hated the person he was but now after the painting, he's amazing in my eyes.

Don't judge a book by it's cover

AUTHOR'S NOTE

ahh! I hope you enjoyed it <3

please vote for this chapter:)

a lot of pics in this chapter to give you a visual.

also ignore spelling mistakes lol.

reminder: chug that water bottle.

ily all!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 17 11
Joaquin thought his life was hell, especially being a gangster leader and continuing the family name by doing violent crimes..but what all changes on...
237 9 11
Lorenzo De Sanctis His dangerous and reckless nature is matched only by his complete lack of remorse. What would happen if a ruthless and cold-hearte...
216K 3.2K 69
Harry Styles is on his way to becoming the boss of a well-known, deadly Mafia that has existed for centuries, soon Meeting Luna Miller, a highly igno...
17.9K 476 28
There's given a big responsibility when Harry gets told to kidnap the daughter of the richest mafia boss in the states. He's given a big task, Amelia...