Outbreak

By Butterbie_

((This is just my first story so please don't judge also i have really bad grammar)) I'd like to say that sin... More

An average day
The beginning
Sleepless night
Meeting
Broken bones and broken bonds
Everyone's searching for something
Immortal feuds and reunited friends
Unsolved problems only get worse.
Emergancy
Tall trees and darkened dreams
Beginning the hunt for the cure
Break outs before break throughs

What's lost by one is found by another

503 12 7
By Butterbie_

Soon morning had arrived for many and the golden sun was shining throughout the chilly land with a champagne like hue laying across the cold morning mist. Frost fell from the trees as small morning birds landed upon their branches and called out to each other through song. It was a beautiful morning anyone would wake up early to get a glimpse of. That is except for the search party that UN had sent out yesterday to look for Estonia. They had been searching late into the night and had sadly come back empty handed. There had been traces of Estonia upon their search such as broken tree branches or scuffed dirt from where she had run but eventually that came to a dead end and no further trace could be found. A more thorough search might have proven to be more successful in their hunt for Estonia but as of now even her disappearance was kept in secrecy and things such as search helicopters and vehicles would make it quite the opposite.

Finland after getting a better nights rest had woke up to the gentle morning light shining through his bedroom window and now rested his eyes and listened to the birds as they sung outside. At least until he heard his house phone ring in the next room. Finland was quick to get up and rush to the phone hoping it was some positive news about Estonia. "Hello?" Finland answered upon putting the phone to his head.

"Hello Finland." The voice on the other end would be that of UN. The head of the search party had given UN a report of their findings of which now UN had to pass on to Finland. "Did they find her?! Is she safe?!" The worried Finn hastily asked the other. A sigh could be heard from UN on the other side before giving the bad news. "No, No Finland they didn't."
Upon hearing those words a sinking feeling of disappointment could be felt in Finland's chest.

"What about evidence? A trail? Just any clues to where she is?" Finland asked in a desperate tone hoping the search hadn't left them with nothing at all to aid Estonia's search.

"The only trail they could find lead them to a dead end, sorry Finland. Once the search party has rested they can go out and try again." UN would answer to them only to be left with a short pause of silence on Finland's end of the phone as he thought. "Then i need to get out there and start searching too. She needs someone to find her.." Finland says, already on his way to the door to put his boots on. "I see, then i wish you luck. Goodbye Finland." And with that UN hung up. Fin placed his phone aside and tied his boots then swings his coat on and makes his way outside. He didn't want to waste any time he could be using to search for his friend. Before he went anywhere else Finland went to his shed that sat just beside his cabin to pick up some supplies.

The first of the items he gathered was a rope. He hoped he wouldn't have to use it on Estonia themselves but remembering how Estonia had acted towards him the first night he might have no choice. After swinging it over his shoulder Finland also picked up an old lantern that could be lit with matches. Although it was early morning and light outside right now he would no doubt need it later, Finland planned to continue searching late into the dark. Before leaving the shed Finland took a spare coat and a thermal blanket to warm up Estonia if he happened to find her that night. It probably wasn't going to cover her very well while he was some tall monster like creature but it was the best he had.

Closing his shed door he walked back to the front of his house a mound of snow would sit. Finland pushed off the snow and lifted some sort of cover to reveal a small winter sled. He'd neatly place down his items into it then pull the sled out of it half buried hole in the snow.

Finland pulled the sled over to his reindeer Pippuri who had found another patch of lichen to graze on. "Come on Pippuri. We need to go find Estonia." He would say as he took the reindeer harness from the back of the sled where it was usually kept and carefully put it on Pippuri.

The harness was decorated in a few shiny golden bells that rang out as Pippuri moved, this would let Finland know where she was at all times even if she wasn't visible in the trees and the snow only having to listen out for the ring of the bells. After making sure she was comfortable he would hook the sled up to the reindeer and then a lead to her halter. Now that everything was packed and ready Finland began leading Pippuri towards Estonia's house where they were going to begin their search. Finland hoped he'd be able to find more then the search party had been able to.

Miles away in a far and much warmer field where poppies were beginning to sprout from beneath melting patches of snow a winged figure with two flag colours would sit and watch the world go by around them. "What a beautiful day." They'd say as they looked out at the view ahead of them. That said person would be Poland. He loved nature and how freeing it felt to be surrounded by it. Sometimes he would even reminisce on the faint memories he had of his father oh so long ago. Truth be told Poland had seen a lot though out his time in the world as a country and sometimes it was nice to step away from everyone and just be one with nature by himself and let all those responsibilities go for a while.

Well.. he was by himself.

As the country rested his eyes for a moment to listen to the wild birds flying over his head another sound would start catching his attention. A thumping sound, much like that of a rabbit thumping it's legs as it tried to warn others of nearby threats. But as Poland looked around he saw no rabbits at least none close enough to make a sound he could hear. Now Poland was thinking about it was the sound becoming louder? Then something in the field caught Poland's eye. Some type of figure running. Running really,, really fast.. The Polish man stood up and put a hand to his head shielding his eyes from the sun while he tried to get a better look at the creature.

And then. It disappeared from Poland's view.

Poland had picked an elevated side of the field as his place to sit where anything that stood below the hill was cut from his vision. Since he could no longer see the creature Poland thought that maybe it had gone a different direction or maybe that he had been seeing things altogether especially with that thumping seeming to go silent. Maybe it really was a rabbit making those noises after all the Polish man would think as he put his hand down and took some steps back. It was all calm once more. Poland took a deep breath and exhaled as he tried to return to his state of peacefulness.

Then out of nowhere the figure that had been running up the field lunged from behind the hill's blindspot right towards Poland letting out a loud ear piercing scream. He had barely any time at all to react to the creature that was at least 10 feet tall which was at least almost 5 feet taller then he was. It seems Finland was beginning his search for Estonia in the wrong place because now she was here in front of Poland who wasn't expecting this in the slightest. Poland began screaming loudly and his wings unfolded and raised themselves due to his fear reflexes kicking in. Quickly turning to run away from Estonia, Poland would feel something grab his left wing and yank him back before he could even take a step. He barely had time to register what was happening before he felt his feet lift from the ground and Estonia begin to shake him violently back and forth by the wing as if he was merely a toy to a dog.

Pain shot through Poland's wing as they threw him about like a lifeless rag doll in all directions. Poland could feel as the base of his wing was ripped right out of its socket with a loud crunch followed by more crunches and unbearable pain. Being swung into the air once more Poland felt as the creature loosened its grip and sent him flying across the air. He landed with a hard thud and maybe even a few more crunches to follow. It was agony all over and he could barely move his body but the Estonia wasn't done with him yet. Even though he was in unbearable pain Poland tried his best to attempt a get away by crawling. Estonia stormed back over to Poland stopping him in his tracks as she grabbed his mangled mess left wing and held him down. Poland's heart beat rapidly with panic almost as if he already knew what she was about to do.

And with that Estonia tore out Poland's left wing splattering blood all over the grass and over Poland who was now beginning to bleed out from where his now missing limb was meant to be. He heard the thud of his left wing being dropped on the ground behind him. All was silent apart from Poland's shaken breathing has he struggled to stay conscious. A shadow moved over Poland as Estonia stepped over him and bent down close right to the country's face practically breathing on them. The shaking country closed his eyes in fear of getting hurt by Estonia once more. Estonia backed away from Poland seemingly satisfied with what she had done.

Then she continued on her way. The direction she walked in went unseen to Poland who couldn't move due to how much pain he was in and how weak he was now becoming. All he could hear was the sound of the thudding getting more quiet as she got further away.

Struggling to move his arm Poland reached into his pocket and took out his phone then slowly brought it up to his head and dropped it on the ground beside him. He was so exhausted now he just wanted to give in and let himself pass out but that would be a death wish right now. Poland's hands were shaking too much to dial any numbers on the phone properly but luckily for him a lot of modern technology now used voice recognition. "Call.. Niemcy.." Poland struggled to say. He wanted to call someone who was close enough and could find him before it was too late. The phone recognised Poland's words and began calling Germany. While waiting for Germany to pick up, Poland was beginning to fade in and out of consciousness as he kept up his fight to stay awake despite the blood he was losing.

A chime could be heard as Germany answered on the end of the phone greeting the caller politely. "Hallo!" It took a few moments before Poland could muster the energy to reply to the German. "Niemcy... I need.. Help..." Poland answered breathlessly.

"Poland? Are you alright?" The other said clueless to what had happened to Poland and the condition they were now in. Poland could only hope they would do something if he tried to say more but he was so tired. "Please.. find.. me... Hill..." After that last broken sentence Poland became silent leaving Germany on call.

"Poland? Poland are you there?" The voice of Germany could be heard saying from the phone of the now unconscious country.

AND THAT IS CHAPTER 5 !

I AM SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT I GOT TO THE POINT OF FINLAND LEAVING AND THEN WAS UNSURE HOW MY CHOICES WOULD AFFECT HOW I WANT THE STORY TO BE IN THE FUTURE. ANYWAY I AM SO GLAD I AM DONE CUZ IT'S 5 AM BECAUSE I WANTED TO FINISH IT FOR YOU GUYS.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.2K 397 62
[The posted fics are revisited multiple times, so mistakes can be corrected. This includes grammar/typo errors and mistakes in other languages. You a...
16.2K 314 28
I needed to make this because I couldn't find a book with my favourite ship ;^; This is not historical stuff. These are just off my crazy imagination...
6.3K 174 21
࣪ ‹ 𖥔 ࣪ ˖ ぅ ་ ᳝ ◝ ℍ𝕖𝕝𝕝𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 , 𝕎𝕖𝕝𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 , 𝕀 𝕙𝕠𝕡𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦'𝕝𝕝 𝕖𝕟𝕛𝕠𝕪 𝕞𝕪 𝕗𝕚𝕣𝕤𝕥 𝕓𝕠𝕠𝕜 :) By the way I...
367K 10.9K 31
(COMPLETED) You are a mortal girl with a mortal life you're nothing special, at least you think so. Being able to do something other humans can't, yo...