Tyche | Technoblade x Reader

By Chloe3256

Rumors of a revolt have been spreading like wildfire across the mansion. The Greshams were not poor in terms... More

Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
A note
Chapter 31

Chapter 22

7.9K 384 123
By Chloe3256

If there's one thing that Technoblade loathes, it's formal gatherings. It was not in his comfort zone at all. Every time he attended some kind of formal gathering, he would always be swarmed with people. Some would try to ask for favors, try to make deals, try to ask personal questions. He's even heard the low mumbling of negative comments directed toward him. While Technoblade agreed it's good to get out every now and then, he would much rather be in a more casual and small setting with Tyche, Philza, and his brothers.

He couldn't do that now, though. Tyche had returned and the people of the Nether demanded a celebration. Technoblade felt weary about having a party while he was still figuring out who exactly took Tyche. Don't get him wrong, he was elated and overwhelmingly relieved that Tyche returned but there was still an underlying danger underneath the comfort of having her back. With no one caught for her capture, Tyche is at the risk of being taken again. Technoblade moved on whenever he thought of what might happen if she was caught a second time. He couldn't think about it. The thought physically made him ill.

"Blood God, how would you describe the person or people who kidnapped Tyche?"

Technoblade took a slow, deep breath, eyes coldly glaring at the pigman woman standing in front of him.

"Tyche's case is not public and any knowledge about suspects is kept between the guards and I," Technoblade responded through clenched teeth. It felt routine to say something as bland as that, but the fact that they were talking about Tyche's kidnapping made him angry.

"Then, are you saying you haven't found them yet? Is that why everything is being kept a secret?"

Technoblade huffed, gripping the glass in his hand tightly. "This is a celebration for Tyche's return. If you're not here to celebrate, then I will have you escorted out of the fortress."

The lady pursed her lips and nodded curtly before heading off in the direction of the door. Technoblade closed his eyes briefly, trying to muster the courage to face the others. One down, a dozen to go.

"Blood God, are you taking any o-offerings?"

Technoblade opened his eyes and looked at the young blaze in front of him. He looked no older than Tommy... in blaze form. The popular hybrid motioned for him to elaborate, making the boy stumble over his words.

"I-Oh, It was just–um–I wanted to offer some netherite my family found the other day. I-I thought it could help with some of the supplies here." The blaze summoned three netherite ingots, holding them in front of Technoblade's chest.

"For what?"

"H-Huh?"

"What's your goal? I'm smart enough to know not to accept offerings without the deals first."

The boy grumbled, the netherite ingots disappearing into thin air. Within a second, the kid had walked off in another direction.

Technoblade clenched his teeth. The boy's parents must have set him up to attempt to trick the Blood God into making a deal. They thought that sending their son would make it seem more inviting and innocent, but Technoblade knew better. He's made those mistakes before.

"Blood God, how is your relationship with Tyche now that she's returned?"

The powerful hybrid felt his stomach twist at the insensitive question. His ears tuned into the low mumbling that was starting to occur in the back of his head.

"That is none of your business," Technoblade responded curtly to show his distaste for the question.

"I'm sure she's shaken up by the experience," The person continued, ignoring Technoblade's comment, "Do you think this party was the right thing to do? Does Tyche blame you for what happened?"

Technoblade froze, his hand gripping his class so tightly that it was a miracle it didn't break. He screwed his eyes shut and groaned under his breath when the voices screeched, demanding for revenge. When they died down enough for his mind to stop spinning, he opened his eyes again, sending a deathly cold glare at the person in front of him. The rude pigman shuddered at his glare, shrinking into himself at the sight. He looked pitiful.

The Blood God sneered in distaste at the pigman and turned away, escaping from the group of people surrounding him. The voices thankfully got quieter with every step he took, giving his mind a break from the sudden outbreak of screaming thoughts.

He ended up in front of the food bar, his hand drifting to another full glass of alcohol. Technoblade didn't drink frequently and in the moments he did, he never could seem to get past being tipsy. The only reason he kept drinking was to gain that bit of fuzziness in his mind... it seemed to quell the voices.

Technoblade took a sip, sighing at the feeling. His shoulders fell, no longer stressed by the overwhelming crowd that surrounded him.

"You're very popular."

The hybrid glanced at the person next to him, before shrugging and looking at where he stood before. "I don't particularly like crowds."

"Well, it didn't look like you really had a choice."

Technoblade let out a hum, turning around to lean against the food bar.

The both of you stood in comfortable silence. Technoblade kept his eyes on the people dancing, trying to act like he couldn't see you stealing glances at his face. Maybe he should have gotten more sleep last night.

"Are you okay?" You spoke only loud enough for him to barely hear you.

His red eyes moved to yours, emphasizing the tiredness in them. Technoblade didn't like talking about feelings. Emotions weren't really part of his vocabulary but he didn't want to come off rude so he just responded with, "Could be better."

After that, his hand rose to take another prolonged drink.

You fidgeted beside him, hand methodically loosening and tightening around your drink. Your eyebrows were creased deep in thought.

"He'll show up. Phil always does, right?"

Technoblade's head whipped to you at your attempt of reassurance. You looked shocked by what you said, your mouth gaped. In just a few seconds, you were trying to redeem yourself, rambling and stumbling over your words. The sight of you so taken aback by what seemed to slip past your lips made Technoblade crack a smile. Then, when you started to justify yourself, he began to laugh, finding amusement in your struggle.

You stopped, shying away as the hybrid laughed. Technoblade's chuckles died down after a while, settling into a slight exhale.

"Uh, what I meant to say was even though I've only known him for a limited time, he's obviously very skilled and knows what he's doing. He might be late but I'm sure there's a reason for it. If he needed us, then he'd find a way to tell us."

Technoblade thought about your words, receiving second-hand flattery by your compliments. He was very close to Phil and practically raised by him so to hear that you thought that highly of him by knowing him for only a few days made him feel weirdly happy.

"Yeah," He responded, raising his cup to hide the small upward movement of his lips.

You fell into another silence, brows once again creasing in thought. Technoblade took note of it, shaking his head. It only took a few minutes to learn that you overthink things.

The silence that settled didn't last long. A small figure swerved their way across the ballroom, catching Technoblade's eye. Tyche was swiftly running with a circular object clutched in her arms. Behind her, Tommy was stumbling around people, accidentally bumping into people and spilling their drinks. The sight made Technoblade cringe.

In no time, Tyche was squeezing between Technoblade and the food bar, shrinking behind his large form.

"Shh!" She hissed, "Hide me."

The tall hybrid rolled his eyes at the small girl, adjusting to get comfortable for what was about to occur. Tommy showed up not too long after Tyche, his chest rising and falling enough to think he took a jog.

"Technoblade!" The boy announced, gathering the attention of multiple people, "Tell Tyche to give me my disc back!"

The man took the last sip of his drink before setting it behind him on the table. As he was turned, he focused his attention on Tyche. They started to stare at each other, each of them keeping a hard gaze. Tyche couldn't seem to keep it up, though, because her face started to turn red, and then she started to make excuses.

"But dad, I just wanted it to play in my room later."

Technoblade continued to stare at her, knowing he wouldn't even have to talk to win the argument. Tyche tried to keep eye contact but ultimately failed, pouting in defeat.

"You're no fun," She mumbled, handing the disc back to Tommy who swiped it immediately from her hands.

"That's right!" He laughed, "Can't say no to the Blade."

Technoblade shook his head at the young boy that strode back into the crowd, clutching onto his disc. Once he was gone, Tyche slithered around her dad, taking place between you and Technoblade. She was very obviously disappointed, standing with her arms crossed and pouty lips.

He should probably begin to play dad, shouldn't he? Even after so many years, Technoblade didn't feel like he knew what to do, what to say. How does he raise a child? How does he teach his daughter life lessons?

"You shouldn't steal stuff, Tyche," The man started, giving the girl a pointed look before switching to a playful tone, "And if you do, you need to be more discreet."

Instead of laughing at his joke, Tyche grumbled. "I'm sure Dream will help me next time."

No doubt he would. Dream was pretty close to the young girl and often liked to get himself in some trouble too. They were the perfect match as a mischievous pair, almost like brother and sister.

Technoblade shook his head at Tyche but kept his smile.

Instead of brooding the whole time, Tyche turned to you, a grin plastered on her face. "I like your outfit!" She complimented, eyes running over what you were wearing. Technoblade tried not to let the jealousy prickling under his skin show. How was she so comfortable with you after only a couple of weeks? It took him almost a year to gain a little trust with her.

"Really? I heard you were the one who picked it out."

Tyche giggled, "Mhm! They look similar don't they?"

When the girl raised the fabric of her dress to yours, she stumbled right into you. Technoblade was about to take a step forward to balance you two when he felt a familiar gust of air pass by him. The feeling made a chill run down his spine, his heart leaping in his chest.

This wasn't right, this couldn't be happening.

It was naive of him to think that. Of course this would happen now, in a crowd full of people who were drinking and off guard. This whole party was a giant target for any suspect to attack them and with Tyche's kidnappers still on the run, he knew it was a bad idea. This only confirmed his suspicions.

Only a second passed before Technoblade broke out of his shock, immediately grabbing onto your shoulder and leading you out of the room. You held Tyche to you tightly and it was obvious you were still trying to process what was happening, your eyes wide and mouth open. Tyche was visibly shaking against you, clutching onto your form to hide her face.

Technoblade opened the back door, dragging you and Tyche into the hallway. Dream was running down the hall, stopping in front of the three of you. The tall hybrid nudged you closer to Dream.

"What happened?" Dream pressed between exaggerated breaths, "I heard screams?"

"Take Tyche and (Y/n) to my room," Technoblade ordered, gently pushing you and Tyche towards Dream, "Stay with them at all times. If anyone you don't know comes by, you have permission to kill."

Dream nodded without asking any questions, leading you and Tyche down the hallway. When all of you disappeared around the corner, Technoblade turned on his heel, walking back into the chaotic room.

There was no longer a smile on his face, only a stern frown and piercing gaze. His blood boiled and the voices started to return, a low whispering in the back of his head. Whoever was doing this was messing with the wrong person. Everyone knew not to mess with the Blood God... and especially not his daughter.

•••

Hey! I hope all of you are having a great day/night!

I have some fun news that was supposed to be in the last chapter but I totally forgot to mention it. procrastination_7 has made fanart for Tyche!! You can find it on Z's Instagram (it has the same username!)

If you have Instagram and could leave a like and a nice comment, that'd be amazing.

Here's the link as well! https://www.instagram.com/p/CS0JlMrpn7t/

Thank you all for reading <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.6K 3.5K 16
Tommy is in exile, he is a human, isn't he? -- This is an AU of where c!Tommyinnit gets wings in the DreamSMP, Its also an sbi (Sleepy bois inc) AU ...
73 1 16
XD is chaos, unhinged and unbridled. When Philza is taken by the aforementioned god, his family will do anything to save him. But that might be more...
4.5K 205 26
Humans and hybrids have been separated by the unfairly elected president of L'manburg J.Schlatt and the once mighty Elytrian race have been wiped out...
16.2K 123 34
I DIDNT WRITE THESE. GO GIVE THEM A HAND ON TUMBLR. DONT VOTE FOR THIS JUST READ IT VOTE FOR THEIRS. I HAVE MY OWN ONESHOTS BOOK FOR THAT BY MYSELF C...