What the!!!!!!

By Sarangaeyo15

What happens when an American high school hottie falls in love with an Indian girl but she is a little resist... More

Introduction
Some tiny details
Breakfast and ride to school
Parents
First Day
I met her
I think you have learned your lesson
I did not see that coming
Amanda is 16
Why me?????
Let's make covalent bond
The Engagement
My Birthday
The Game and Aftermath
Telling them to maintain distance
Let's focus on Christmas shopping for now
An Eventful Christmas indeed
Ah what a start!!!!
Thanks for being there
It's Valentine's week
It wasn't easy, nevertheless
Oh God! That's why?
What have I done!!
What the F
Jealousy is in the air
Sport's event is incomplete without a drama
Finally

The Wedding and other shenanigans

541 26 0
By Sarangaeyo15

                        Trisha's POV

Today I am leaving for India with my uncle's family. Before, I was really feeling uneasy to go there as it will be my first time after maa and papa passed away plus I was upset leaving Amanda, mom and dad but now I am a little relieved after what happened at the prom. I needed this getaway. One more reason being that I won't be able to hide it from Amanda or Jer for much longer. So, now I am leaving for the wedding and that also early. We are going there 2 and a half weeks prior to the wedding to get everything done. Well the bookings and arrangements have all been done by uncle with the help of our relatives there but some things like shopping and other small stuffs were still pending. That's why we decided to leave this early. Well it's not early in Indian household. We need so much time to prepare for a wedding that also of someone else and here it's in our own house. But still we will manage.

I hugged mom and Amanda one last time saying goodbye and left for the airport with dad. I was to meet others there. We reached the airport and they were waiting for me. So, I gave dad a big hug and went to them and then we entered the airport.

We reached India at night approx 11pm. My uncle, my mom's biological brother, he came to pick us up. We were going to stay at their house as most of are other relatives live in Punjab but the groom's relatives are in Delhi, so it was decided that the wedding would be here and one of the few relatives that we have here is my uncle. Well technically it was my old house as well. When my mom and dad came back from the US, my grandma took them in and they built another floor and we used to stay there.

As we were getting closer to the house my anxiousness was increasing. I was feeling really uneasy. I think mami(aunt) noticed it as she grabbed my hand and gave it a comforting squeeze. I looked at her and smiled though it didn't reach my eyes.

We reached home and I greeted my aunt and cousins. As we all were jet lagged so we just retired to our beds without having any proper conversation. Next morning when we all felt rejuvenated after a good sleep,then it felt that we were in India. We had our breakfast and a lot of conversations about here and there. But that house was reminding me of maa and papa. Though it was all good when I was around people but it was becoming difficult not to go down to the memory lane when I was alone and along with that was the thought of Shawn. How I left without talking to him. I didn't message him or tried to call as whatever conversation we were supposed to have, it was meant to happen face to face. To avoid thinking all this, I tried keeping myself busy with anything like playing with my cousins or helping my aunts in household chores etc etc.

Two weeks passed and we were all done with shopping and stuff. I bought different Indian outfits for different functions and we gave them to the tailor for stitching and they turned out awesome. Now that the wedding date was almost here it became like a madhouse with different relatives coming and all.

Uncle had booked a hotel for all the functions, so we all went there three days before the wedding for all the functions.

If you are thinking that I forgot about Shawn and everything so no I haven't. Doesn't matter how busy I made myself, he popped up in my brain somehow. I so wanted to talk to him properly. That day I just ran from there like some cold hearted person.

We reached the hotel and the groom's side was already there and yes with everyone I meant he was also there. The one and only Mr. Neel Khanna. The moment he saw us his lips turned into a smirk and I knew the reason. It was because he found his victim to tease and yup that's me.

He came running towards us and let me tell you it didn't fit well with my other cousins. They already had problems because I was close with the bride and her brothers aka my cousin's, so they were like "why she is getting the attention" and all.  And now this idiot too.

Well I knew that he was going to be talk of the town, I mean talk of the function as he was handsome, bearable to me, so it was obvious that everyone girl would look at him. You know how they say that the best place to find a man is a family function or a wedding. I don't remember clearly. Anyway.

The first function was of course the mehendi. It's a tradition in India to put henna on the hands. So, every female in the party was ready to have beautiful designs on their hands and I was the most excited I think. I love how henna leaves a beautiful colour on your hand and the fragrance is nice too.

When I was done with the mehendi, I was sitting idly when Neel came and sat beside me.

"Hey gorgeous. The mehendi looks awesome. Should I find my name in it," he asked teasingly. They say that girls hide their lovers name in their mehendi.

"Haa you wish and why are you here anyway. Don't you have anyone else to go to."

"Nope. I want to hang out with you."

"Don't think I don't know why you are doing this."

"And why is that?" he asked wanting me to praise him.

"Always wanna hear a compliment. Narcissist."

"Whatever. So, tell me," he asked with eagerness of a child.

"You are using me to avoid those girls and in that making me the victim of their glares," I huffed.

"Wow smart girl. But this is not the only reason. Okay."

"Really what else then?"

"I know it's hard for you too to adjust, so I am keeping you company when you get no one else like Karan or Aarav."

"Though it's hard to believe but that's really sweet of you. Thank you."

"You are welcome miss." And we both started laughing grabbing more attention than what we already had on us.

The mehendi function went well and the next was somewhat everyone was excited about. Sangeet as in the dance night. I had more reasons to be excited about this function because mom and dad were to join us. Their flight landed in the morning and I went to pick them up with Karan bhai. I was so excited to meet them after half a month. Amanda didn't came as she went to our cousins' there. The moment they came out of the airport  I hugged them so tight. We all came back to the hotel and they met with Ajit mamu and mami and then my other mamu as well as they were well acquainted. I told them everything and showed mom my mehendi and all my outfits.  

I had prepared my dance with Aarav, Karan bhai and Neel as usual as we all were planning this for so long. I had one dance number with brothers only, one separate with Neel and one with we all in it. I had no solo performance as I prepared one for the next function.

In the evening we all gathered in the hall where the sangeet function was to happen and the performances started. First were the parents of the bride and groom. We all whistled at their performance. Yes, I know how to whistle. I mean common on I have three brothers and a friend of my brother as well, so it was mandatory to learn it.

Next up were other cousins of bride and groom. They performed on really nice songs and a performance even brought tears to our eyes as it was an emotional one.

We four left our performance for the very end just before the bride and groom. First was my performance with my Bros. We choose the song Cutiepie from Ae dil hai Mushkil. Then came my performance with Neel. We had prepared on Sweety tera drama from Bareilly ki Barfi. Last up was our joint performance. As we all new the bride and groom too personally, so we decided to tease them. So, we chose the song Ek Kunwara from the movie Masti. It has the lyrics saying how a person's life gets all messed up after marriage and how they have to lose their freedom. Well it's a fun song. We even got off the stage and went to di and Sameer jiju to tease them while dancing. It was really fun. Every was laughing at the end.

Last was the performance of the lovely couple. They chose beautiful romantic tracks. It was so dreamy watching them dancing hand in hand.

After all the performances were over. The dj started playing random songs as dance never stops in India wedding. Some were dancing, some were having food and some were enjoying their drinks. I was hungry to after the performance, so I decided to treat my tummy with some delicious food.

You know how they show that no Indian wedding gets completed without any drama, I had always thought it was just shown in dramas but no it happens in real too as I was going to get some food I overheard some aunties talking about me and more importantly about mom and dad and they were not just talking, they were badmouthing about them. Like what any other daughter would have done in that situation, I too went to take my parent's side.

"Excuse me. What did you just say?" They were shocked to see me there. I guess they didn't expect me to hear that.

"Nothing," one of them replied.

"Nothing? I literally heard you talking bad about my parents."

"They are not your parents," one of them whispered but loud enough to let me hear it.

"I don't know what you guys think but they are my parents. They are the ones who are bringing me up, so as much as maa and papa are my parents. They are too. So, please think before you say anything," I said with as much respect as I could.

"Yaa we can see how they are bringing you up. How you are talking back with us."

"I am not talking back. I was just correcting you as you were saying bad things about them which is not appropriate."

"How old are you to talk to us like that. Look at her having this attitude seriously," one of them said.

I was about to reply when a voice came from behind," Don't dare say a word young lady," it was mom.

I turned around and saw both mom and dad standing there and mom looking at me angrily.

"But mom," I tried to say something when mom said," I am sorry she is just a kid. You know kids these days." She freaking apologized to those ladies and I was looking at her like unbelievable man. What the.

Those ladies made some nasty faces and went away from there and I was left with mom giving me death glares but I wasn't gonna back down too. I was not at fault.

"Why did you apologize mom?" I demanded an answer and in return I got "You are grounded young lady.

"But mom they were badmouthing about you. You can't expect me to stay quiet about it" I tried to reason with her.

"Whatever the reason was Trisha, that's not how I taught you to speak to elders neither did Priya."

"I know that but. Dad say something na." I use some hindi in between my english and the people who know me are now habitual of it.

"She is right," said dad and I was happy that atleast I had dad on my side.

"See mom. Thanks dad."

"I meant your Mom honey," dad said totally ruining my just found happiness.

"What!"

"Now no argument or else it will be extended for another week," mom kinda warned me.

"What!Fine. But just for your information guys you are right I was not taught like that but if anyone will say anything bad about you guys I will do it again," I ran from there with tears in my eyes. The last thing I heard was mom saying name and dad asking her to give me some space.

I went to sit by the pool side outside and started crying. I wasn't crying because mom scolded me or grounded me. It was more like tears our of anger. They came to India for me and what did they get? Insulting comments.

I was sitting alone for like ten minutes when Neel came and sat beside me.

"Ahh what are you doing here alone?"

"Nothing just thinking about stuff."

"Oh right! I heard you gave a really befitting reply to some aunties," he said all excited.

"I guess it's true that bad stuff spread faster."

"Bad? Who said anything about it being bad. I think it was way too cool," he raised his hand for a high five.

I scoffed and said," Yaa right, my parents grounded me for two weeks for that and you are saying it was cool. I wasn't even wrong you know."

"I know and they know too. They just couldn't do anything. They have to be the parents. I am sure they did it so no one else could scold you or say anything to you."

"I know that. I am not angry with them more like I am angry with myself. I mean they have done so much for me. They are like my, hell they are my real parents and still people say such mean stuff about them. What they must be feeling? They never even show it," I had tears in my eyes by then.

"Hey I am sure they are fine now and I know how good they are. I have seen it by my own eyes," he paused for a moment and continued," I remember meeting you seven years back when we came to India for a trip with Karan's family and I saw this cute and bubbly girl and I also remember how shattered you were after your parents' death. What the Coopers did that time was really commendable. I saw you getting out of your misery," he turned towards me with a smile," So, as long as you know this and you are thankful for it no one's opinion matters. Okay?"

"I was touched by his words but I felt that I unnecessarily made him talk about such sad phase and that also at his brother's wedding. So, I tried to make the atmosphere lighter," Woah I didn't know you could say such mature stuff. Amazing."

"You do know how to ruin the mood. I said it with all my heart. The least you could have done was to say thank you."

"I know. Thank you for all that. I am lucky and thankful for all the loving people around me," I smiled sincerely.

"Okay. So, let's get inside and have some fun. Let's go," he got up and put his hand out for me to hold it.

I took his hand to get up and we went inside. I couldn't let my issues spoil the wedding vibes.

Later I explained everything to Ajit uncle and others and even Ajit uncle said sorry to mom and dad for what happened. I reconciled with mom and dad too. Though mom didn't lift my punished. I was still grounded. She had to be the parent like Neel said and to be honest I was okay with it as my volunteering at dad's hospital was not gonna start till mid June, so I had no problem staying at home. The Sangeet ceremony was also done with a little disturbance but yes it was settled down easily without having a big mess and I was thankful for that too.
**********

 Thankfully the matter was resolved peaceful. I was a little afraid that it would get messy a day before the wedding.

Next day was the wedding and in the morning was the haldi ceremony. Well it's one of the rituals in an Indian wedding. We apply turmeric paste to the bride and groom so that their skin would glow as turmeric is beneficial for the skin. I was a little more excited about it as I had prepared a surprise for Disha di.

Next morning we woke up early and started preparing for the haldi ceremony. Right before they started applying haldi to di and jiju(brother in law) I told the dj to play the song Navrai Majhi, a song from an Indian movie called English Vinglish. It was the surprise I prepared for di(elder sister). How was it a surprise? Well in the song there comes a part where the bride's dad comes and dances and I asked uncle Ajit to do that. After my many attempts he finally gave in.

I started dancing and everyone was cheering for me and then came the part of uncle and he danced so well. The surprised looked and happiness was evident on Di's face. At the end I gathered everyone and we started dancing. I even made mom and dad to do some steps.

The ceremony went well and we all went back to our rooms to have some sleep. After having lunch everyone started getting ready for the wedding. I got ready quickly as then I had to help di with whatever she needed. She was looking too beautiful in her wedding attire. I mean she was looking like a royal princess.

At around 8 the baraat arrived.(When the groom comes with all pomp and show at his wedding with his family and everyone, it's called a baraat.) I know you must be thinking how can an Indian baraat be on time. So well we were all staying at the same hotel so they had no excuse to make as there was traffic etc etc. Sameer jiji( brother in law) was looking handsome as always.

The wedding ritual started and we all went silently to witness it. I was sitting with mom and dad. They were keenly watching it. At some point I realised that I heard some sniffing and I looked around to see that dad was crying.

"Dad what happened?"

"George what happened?" mom asked too.

"Nothing it just one day our daughters will find someone too and will go with them."

Mom and I started laughing at how emotional dad could be.

"You both are so mean. Here I am being emotional and you are laughing," I think we upset dad.

"You are so cute. I love you," I couldn't help but say it.

"I love you too," came the reply.

After the wedding rituals were over, the most important time came. The most crucial time for the bride's siblings and cousins. It was time to steal the groom's shoes. It's kind of a game we play were the bride's sisters steal the groom's shoes and demands money.

I knew it wasn't going to be easy as the groom side had the Neal Khanna but I wasn't gonna give up too. I knew him quite well which helped me and I succeeded in stealing the shoes. We demands 20k rupees from the groom's side. Of course Neal protested but in the end we won.

The wedding was finally over. It was real fun and much needed escape for me. Just because I was too busy with the wedding and enjoying it that didn't mean I didn't think about Shawn or what happened at the prom. Now I wanted to go back to and face him. Maybe I couldn't do anything about the likeness part but we still can be friends.              
*********************
The next day after the wedding was an important day for me as I was going to visit my parents. I know what you all must be thinking, so let me make it more clear to you guys. When my grandmother died and we cremate her body, we scattered her ashes in the Holy Ganges but my maa kept some of it and planted a tree in a nearby area in her memories. My maa said that way my grandmother would be with us and still be doing good deeds for Mother Earth.

When my parents died I was shattered, so broken that I couldn't think about anything but when they were cremated I remembered my maa's words and asked my mama(maternal uncle) and mom and dad to help me keep my parents alive this way. We planted two more trees along side with my grandmother. Today I was gonna go and meet them.

Mom and dad took me to that place. I was filled with so many emotions. It's not that I don't reminisce the old days but this was different. A part of my parents was there. We went to that place and mom and dad told me that they would be waiting outside and went from their to give me some privacy.

I knelt down and greeted all three of them. By then I had tears in my eyes.

"Hey you all. How are you? I hope you are together and good. I am good too," I said with heavy voice.

"Disha di got married yesterday," I tried to normalise my voice but it was all in vain. " It was really fun. Some aunties were mean to mom and dad but I gave them a piece of mind though mom and dad grounded me for that. But I am not angry with them. I completely understand it. So, don't worry about that."

"I have one more thing to tell you guys," I wiped my tears," you remember the guy that came with me to the temple last time, Shawn? Well he asked me to be his girlfriend," I lightly chuckled," but I said no."

"He is a really nice guy. He is funny, sweet and really caring. He bunked school that day just to console me and managed to calm me too. I like him but......"
I told my parents everything about what happened and why I did something that stupid. After 15 minutes mom and dad came back and asked," You okay sweetheart?"

"Yaa I am fine."

"It's okay to cry as much as you want honey. Don't force yourself. It's okay," said dad and the moment he said that I started crying hysterically hugging him.

"I miss them. I miss them a lot," I said in between the hiccups.

"We know baby. We know," mom said hugging me.

We came back from there around 12. After that we had lunch and mom and dad started packing as they had their flight at night.

I went to see off them at the airport with uncle and came home around 10. We had our dinner and we all went to sleep.

Next day we all just relaxed and release all the tiredness we all had after the whole wedding shenanigans. I also started packing for my trip. Neal, I and my two dear cousins aka Karan bhai and Aarav had planned beforehand that we would go to some hill station when we would visit India. We decided to visit Lansdowne which is in Uttarakhand, a very beautiful states of India.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

322K 32.9K 181
Special mention in #Wattpad love awards Most impressive rankings #1 in Together-11/06/2022 #2 in Emotional-13/11/2021 #3 in Emotional-15/11/2021 #3 i...
174K 7.2K 80
[First book in Our Chance Series] He is rude. She is polite. He is cold-hearted. She is soft-hearted. He was extroverted. She is introverted. He's a...
ShaRa ✔️ By Lolly

General Fiction

57.1K 5.3K 51
*ROM-COM* COMPLETED #1 in India feb 2023 Want to read a Happy simple cute funny story? ↩️ Not a routine Dramatic indian story. Laugh & enjoy the Lov...
29.8K 2.2K 36
From Being Childhood Friends 👧🧑 To.... Meeting Again As Strangers To.... Becoming Colleagues To ... Becoming Lovers ♥️♥️ To..... Read out this...