Life Is Fun

By thedoctorgonepale

Life, the most realistic, in-depth, virtual reality game on the market. The game lets people go into the vide... More

Survival 101
Hunt or hunted
Allies of the game
Castle raiding
The peacemaking past: part 1
The peacemaking past: part 2
Genocide 101
The real game begins: part 1
The real game begins: part 2
Tree top fun
Only you can cause forest fires
The truth of Life: part 1
The truth of Life: part 2
The truth of Life: part 3

(Prologue): Game start

817 31 20
By thedoctorgonepale

Yn POV:

My name is Nathan Parks, my username, is Yn.

I'm seventeen, and I've been playing the world-renowned game called "Life" for ten years now.

I live in a small town.

One of those places where everyone knows each other and it's a miracle that no ones related....yet.

Me and my...old friends, living in this dump, we managed to get into the 10th-anniversary tournament of the US.

Pretty good, at least from a statistical standpoint.

This 10th-anniversary tournament has the prize of 100000 dollars to the players who survive a hundred days.

My friends and I were going to work together to win it for ourselves... But things have changed.

I'm solo now.

My morale is low...

There's no chance I'll win... Meaning there's no chance I'll get out of this dump...

So I'll just screw other people over and survive as long as I can.

Mom: Honey, I heard you got in a fight with-

I ignore her and head straight to my room. Rather not relive that right now.

Locking my door, I find the VR headset of mine, put it on, and get into the tournament.

After my mind goes into the virtual world, I enter the lobby immediately.

I was then shown the rules. Or should I say... The conditions I'll be in.

I'll start with nothing, the only thing I can change is the cosmetics of my avatar in the tournament.

We all get one life, the tournament lasts a hundred days. And if you log off, your avatar stays where you left yourself, which meant anyone who stayed on could come and kill you, if they found you.

That's everything of importance.

....

....

....

This is going to blow... I know it...

(Ding)

In my heads-up display, I see my old friends were in a chat.

....

....

...

"Are you sure you want to block these people?"

Yn: Yep.

"Blocked"

I don't want anything to do with those losers.

Anyway, I refuse to be the first person out of the game, so I better be careful and come up with a strategy, since the guys I just blocked are most likely going to use the old one I made.

In this tournament are some pretty big names.

Streamers and Y-tubers. Ones that are really good at the game.

Luckily, this is survival, with warfare tech, my bread, and butter. Unlike the fantasy versions.

I have a shot at not being the first one out.

Being the second one out on the other hand...

"3"

Ugh! What am I doing?! The game is about to start and I have no strategy.

"2"

Just run. Get resources. Hide and go from there.

"1"

Everyone appears in the sky and plummets to the ground.

Upon landing, everyone scatters to get the resources they need to survive.

The game has a crafting system. Get the necessary resources and you can craft stuff.

Some things require specific objects to make special things. Can't just make a gun with your hands.

Yn:(sigh)... Day 1, here we go.

(Day 1)

After the drop into this world, everything became quiet.

Everyone divided into their teams and went to gather resources.

That meant I was one of those people who weren't in a team.

Of course, the possibility of teaming up with a stranger was there, but unlikely.

After gathering some supplies, I had a weapon and food.

This was a survival challenge. Food and drinking were going to be necessary.

The issue was, I didn't have a lot. I needed more.

Growing some was an option, but I needed a base, and I haven't found a spot for that yet.

The best option was to steal it from someone else.

Deciding to mug someone, I went out looking for my first victim.

Easy prey... Unsuspecting... A total noob.

Instead, I find "Xthat". The best PvP'r this side of the globe.

(Xthat)

How could I tell? Well, upon seeing a player's face, will an identification tag show up, so yeah...Behind a tree, I hid for my damn virtual life.

I wasn't going to challenge him! It would be suicide!

Then again...I have nothing to lose... It's the first day...

But I do have everything to gain.

Yn:...

Yn:(pulls out a knife)

Fuck it.

Sneaking up behind Xthat, I place the butt end of my knife to his head, hoping to trick him into believing I had a gun.

Yn: Drop everything you have, and I'll let you live. Any sudden moves, and... bang.

Xthat: Whoa there buddy, it's just the first day. I have nothing of value.

Yn: I said, drop everything you have.

Xthat: Okay, okay. But before that, anything you want to say to the viewers?

Yn:... Unsubscribe.

Xthat:(chuckles)

(Chunk-chunk)

???: Wrong move, bucko.

That voice. It must be one of Xthat's buddies! Shit, now I have an actual gun to my head!

(Boolo)

Boolo: Looks like we have ourselves a good old centipede standoff.

Talk about being stuck between two hard places.

Boolo: I'm robbing the robber. Give me all your stuff!

I hear him pocket away one gun but still hold another to my head.

Having my blade ready, I think I've stopped him from outright shooting me. Then again, the two are entertainers. Who knows what they might do.

....

....

Leeroy Jenkins, give me strength!

(3rd person POV)

Boolo was threatening Yn who was threatening Xthat.

Yn, from his tenure of playing Life, was skilled, however, he didn't know if he was on par with these two.

Boolo: On three, I'm going to shoot if you don't put down that blade.

Xthat: A blade, huh?

Boolo: 1...

Yn had lost much already, he was in a state of mind where he would try anything simply because he didn't care if he wins or loses.

Perhaps not realizing it, Yn desired to have fun.

Boolo: 2-

That's why he tried.

Weaving and turning to the left, Yn elbowed Boolo's arm. The combination of Yn's sudden movement and his elbow strike to his arm, caused Boolo to shoot.

(Bang)

The bullet grazed Xthat, making him start to turn as Yn shoved his knife into Boolo's neck, performing an instant kill.

Shattering into red particles, his stuff dropped, including his gun, which Yn caught and pointed at Xthat who turned to see the gun in his face.

(Bang)

"Boolo was assassinated by Yn"

"Xthat was shot by Yn"

Every player in the tournament saw that notification.

Yn:..... Holy shit... HOLY SHIT!

Yn: I got so lucky! I didn't think I could... Holy shit!

Yn: I have a gun now. Two guns!

Gathering their items, Yn ran away to find somewhere to hide and collect his thoughts.

(Yn's POV)

I just killed Xthat and Boolo... I never thought I'd ever do that...

And looking at chat, I can see everyone else is thinking the same.

I'm alive... However, now, everyone is going to be trying to kill me!

Ugh, okay... Okay, calm down... What are the chances of that? No one's actually going to try and kill me.

Right?

(Day 3)

I was wrong... So wrong... When people see my face and learn I'm Yn, they try their hand at me.

With some luck, I managed to kill them. But for how long can I keep this up?

It's only a matter of time until my old team finds me. If no one else gets me first.

Yn: I don't know what to do...

As I stood on a large cliff, I contemplated what I could do.

Yn:.....(inhales)

Yn:(sigh)....

Yn: Fuck it.

Yn; I have nothing to lose. Can't forget that. People want to kill me... I say screw that! I'm going to kill them first.

Yn: There's no chance I can win, but I'll take out as many people as I can at least.

Grabbing some items, I craft myself a mask to stop people from immediately recognizing me.

Yn; Come on Life! Throw everything you have at me!

(Yn)

Yn: Its game on!

(Opening theme)

(Yesterday/Reality)

(3rd person POV)

Nathan, early in the morning departed his home to go to school.

Across the street from his house, a young woman, his age, left the building at the same time.

The two of them walked to school, with the girl quickly joining his side.

Nathan:...

The girl hugged his arm tightly, clinging to him on the whole way to school.

This was Nathan's childhood friend, who had the habit of doing so ever since they were young.

They were not a couple.

But everyone thought they should be.

Ever since they were young, people saw the two as a future couple.

However, by tomorrow, their friendship would end.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.2K 1.2K 14
It was a simple game requested by an anonymous fan. A simple thriller game that Jack couldn't pass up. Although, he's about to find out that the da...
951 176 32
After Dream, Sapnap, Georgenotfound, and Badboyhalo discovered "The Real Life Server" and accidentally entered it, they vanished their lives in the r...
117K 5K 39
Sean's relationship with Mark has been a bit strained ever since the 'Septiplier Ship' got out of hand. When Mark suddenly surprises him with an une...
194 3 13
Ultima™, a game that was said to be beyond reality, and it wasn't a lie. The popular VRMMORPG truly transported players to another world, everything...