How To Divorce A Harem

By VitoDeCeniza

The famous Grim Reaper named 'Truck-kun' involved me in an accident. Alright, I know it was my fault because... More

How To Divorce A Harem?
Prologue
Chapter 1: Trophy Of War
Chapter 2: Second Male Lead
Chapter 3: Ariel's Choice
Chapter 5: His Wife
Chapter 6: First Consort
Chapter 7: Diamond Beauty
Chapter 8: Duchess of Bloodlust
Chapter 9: Avira's Punishment

Chapter 4: Men's Right!

5.8K 305 71
By VitoDeCeniza

"According to Duchess Avira, you were the only man in my harem who was staying in my palace," I started a conversation as we walk. His soft hand was holding me gently but I felt that he is also trembling.

"Yes... Your Majesty," He replied in a shy tone. "When Her Majesty brought me here, you asked everyone to treat me well... I haven't thanked Her Majesty yet for doing that." 

"Are you not getting bullied?" I asked.

Most of the Imperial dramas, novels, manga, and manhwas have this 'Bully the Concubine' thingy. So, I won't be surprised if Ariel is being bullied here. Considering his origin and status in my harem, many people might've opposed him.

"No! I wasn't," He quickly replied, I glanced at him when he said that. "Her Majesty personally announced her protection for me. No one will dare to bully me, Your Highness."

"Are you telling the truth?" I asked with doubt, he cutely nodded his head which made me averted my eyes. Truck-kun, when you transmigrate me you should've put some immunity for cute and handsome being in my eyes,

"Yes, Your Highness!"

But Ariel seemed to be telling the truth. I wonder if my words are truly that hard that no one will dare to oppose I believe not, we always have these brave people who would oppose the kings and emperors' words in some ways.

It's either Ariel is lying or fighting for Alarice's favor is useless since she's tough when it comes to men.

She doesn't favor anyone tho... Except for Ariel... 

But her favor for him is understandable if we consider his origin. I can't call it favoritism at all, just look! I think Alarice didn't even bother to meet Ariel even if he is in her palace. I can't find any special meetings with Ariel in her memories.

I think Alarice made Ariel stay in her palace to protect him, It's all responsibility, but no attachment at all. Other Men in her harem might've understood this situation.

If that's the situation, then it's great.

But her memories of Ariel are too bright. I can say that Alarice was truly mesmerized by Ariel's beauty. 

Hmmm... She's too strict with her desires I guess.

If Ariel is telling the truth, should I consider that there are no Harem fights in my harem at all? That's logical since she never favored anyone. There is no reason to fight over her, unless if their fight is about power.

If the fight in my harem is connected to power and politics, then Ariel cannot really be their target. He has no backing or anything. It's understandable if he's not bullied for this reason.

That's good, I guess.

I think I have to ask Duchess Avira about Alarice's Harem. If I want a divorce, I need to know what's happening inside my harem. I can't just jump into series of conclusions. Especially for my plan!

"We greet her Imperial Highness!" A group of male servants greeted me. I motioned my hands to make them stand up. When they received my signal, they immediately get up and waited for me to walk away.

Their fair and smooth faces registered in my brain. In fairness, everyone in this place is good-looking. When Earth needed beautiful beings, this world might've stolen them all!

I was about to walk past them but I stopped when I realized something. "You!" I said with a stern voice. The man that I pointed startled. He immediately stepped in and bowed his head. Geez, my voice must be that frightening.

"Yes, Your Majesty?" The man asked in fear. My eyes scanned the frightened man, his shoulders were trembling as if I am about to execute him.

"Ask the chef to cook food and bring it to my chamber, understood?"  The man replied to me and immediately complied with my orders. "Good," I uttered. I nodded my head in satisfaction. "Let's go, Ariel."

I secretly bit my lips while holding my tummy.

Hehe, I'm quite hungry, I think I only eat grapes since this morning. 

When we arrived at my chamber. I quickly tied my hair into a bun and sat on my bed. "You should stay," I said to Ariel. He was about to utter a word but I cut him off. "Wait for the food, eat here."

His face turned bright when I said that. "O-of course, Your Majesty," He said. "I will accompany you."

"Good, now be comfortable here. We're going to talk," I frowned when part of my hair fell in my face. How I wish I could cut this, but that Avira keeps nagging me about it. Women in this world tend to care for their 'hair'. I don't know why but it makes us--women-- look more dignified.

"Ugh, damn this hair," I uttered. My eyes went to Ariel who was looking naively at me. "But first of all, I'll have to change my clothes. You should stay here and wait for me."

"I'll help Her Highness to change her clothes!" Ariel shouted with a hopeful look on his face.

My body stiffened when he said that. I averted my eyes while hiding the blush in my face. Damn it, how could you say something like that with that face? Why are you like that? "Y-you can't! I-i can handle it!" 

Ariel went silent, I suddenly felt guilty but I can't let a man help me with these types of things! That's embarrassing...

"I-i thought Her Majesty already accepted me as her Concubine..." He said.

"Accepted? You're my man already," I straightened my back. I suddenly came to the realization. "Do you mean... Uhm... do... do that?" I asked and my face became red when he nodded his head. I quickly retorted and crossed my arms. "No! No! We're just going to talk! What made you think like that?"

"Her Majesty only wants to talk?" He asked as he tilted his head. "But inviting a man to a bedroom means..." He suddenly stopped talking but his beautiful eyes remained looking at me. "Pardon Your Majesty! This Concubine misunderstood!" 

Fudge, I almost forgot about that stupid 'Unspoken Message' within this damned world.

Ariel bent his knees but I stopped him before he could do that. "No! Wait," I shouted. I went in his direction and touched his shoulders. "I don't mind, I also made a mistake," I said. "And I don't really want anyone to see my body or help me in my private things..."

Ariel blinked his eyes. "I-i forgot... her majesty doesn't like men," his eyes dropped to the floor. "I'm ashamed..."

"No need to be ashamed, I can understand..." 

Ah! I really feel guilty! 

"No Your Majesty... I mean..." He suddenly paused as if recollecting something. "How can I assume something like that when this lowly concubine is dirty, unlike your other husbands?" He said as he fidgets his palm. "I only have beauty, Your Highness... it's a shame that I am asking you to not throw me away when I can't really give Her Highness anything..."

My mouth gape when I saw his pitiful expression. I almost forgot what he surely went through in his past. He was once a slave, and to refer to himself as someone beautiful but dirty...

Could it be that he also faced sexual harassment?

"You're not dirty!" I shouted. I placed my hands on his cheeks and look directly into his eyes. "I won't see you as someone dirty, In fact, you are brave!" I told him without any hesitation. "I won't take you as my husband if I think like that!"

His eyes went wide and his cheeks turned red. "But Her Highness... Only find my appearance pleasant, that's why you made me your Concubine," He said.

"That's true..." I uttered as my face went closer to his face. "In this world, you were the most beautiful being I've ever seen, I always see light whenever I look at you!"

"Your Majesty..."

I let out my very first warm smile in this world for him. "You look like a dazzling sunlight." Not just your appearance, but also your personality. 

I quickly took my hands and took a step backward when I realized that I'm too close to him. "I-I'll go change! Wait here!" I said. I quickly went away and went to my bathroom with an embarrassed look.

Damn it, It's all truck-kun's fault!

However...

My eyes fired up with determination as I think of my plan.

Many men are surely suffering in this world. Some might've experienced something worse than Ariel's experience. Just thinking about the reverse situation of this world is making me twitch. It wasn't different on earth where women were treated like nothing in the past.

I finally decided on some things!

I am an Empress who has both power and authority, I will take this as an opportunity!

Before running away I should make some changes in this world! 

I will establish Men's rights or if possible, abolish polygamy and slavery! In that way, if I pass my throne to someone, I won't feel guilty if I leave my harem because they won't suffer anymore!

HAHA! I'M SMART!

BUT...

...FOCC.

If only that is possible...

What a cliche...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 69.2K 29
After a disastrous first season in London, Rose Wilde finds herself torn between two men who love her -- but who both hide secrets that could ruin he...