Hiccstrid; The Driver's Story

By AstridHiccup1223

Astrid Hofferson. A woman who can do anything, except for driving a car. But she's having some trouble with h... More

< Chapter 2 >
< Chapter 3 >
< Chapter 4 >
< Chapter 5 >
< Chapter 6 >
< Chapter 7 >
< Chapter 8 >
< Chapter 9 >

< Chapter 1 >

289 3 5
By AstridHiccup1223

"Miss Hofferson." a knock was heard on the door of Astrid's bedroom.

"Hm.." Astrid replied sleepily. Her hair was a mess on her pillow. One strand of hair was in her mouth, drool dripping from the side of her mouth on her silk covered pillow.

"Miss Hofferson!" a servant on the other side of the door was getting impatient because she has been knocking on the door for almost 5 to 7 minutes, trying to wake Astrid up.

"Yeah..?" Astrid replied again sleepily.

"Your father is calling you downstairs for breakfast, ma'am." the servant said. And that caused Astrid to sit right up in her bed.

"I'm coming! Tell him I'm just getting ready, will be downstairs in 8 minutes." Astrid said as she gets up from bed, hurriedly. She run towards the bathroom which was connected to her bedroom and took a quick shower. She walked out and placed her clothes on her bed. A simple pair of jeans with grey T-shirt. She walked towards her dressing table and blow-dry her hair, as she's not a big fan of makeup and dresses. After that she wear her outfit and tucked the t-shirt inside her jeans. She put on white converse and got out after putting on her lip balm.

She run downstairs and towards the dining room where she saw her father, Marcus sitting and looking at his watch.

"Good morni-" Astrid began but was cut off by the father.

"You're twelve minutes and forty seven seconds late, honey." Marcus said, looking up from his watch.

Astrid sighed, "Sorry, dad. It won't happen again."

"Good. Now come and sit with me." Marcus smiled.

Astrid pulled out a chair beside her father and sit down. "What're we having for breakfast?" she asked.

"Pancakes!" a voice said behind her. Astrid turned around and saw Andrea walking towards her with a plate filled with pancakes.

"Thank you, Andrea." Astrid smiled at her gratefully after Andrea places a plate in front of her.

Andrea was a maid and motherly figure to Astrid as her real mother passed away giving birth to her. So, ever since Astrid opened her eyes she saw Andrea because Andrea took care of her and raised her after the death of her real mother.

"Have you eaten breakfast, Andrea?" Marcus asked.

"No sir. I was doing some things so I did not had time." Andrea replied politely.

"Eat something first and then you can do rest of your work." Marcus said. Andrea nodded and walked out of the dining room to make some breakfast for herself.

"So, how're you feeling today?" Marcus asked and took a bite of his toast.

"Uh, fine." Astrid replied, confused.

"Any plans for today?"

"Um, yeah, I have to meet Heather for some work. Now I just hope that Charlie will show up."

"Hm, we'll see. So, you're meeting just Heather? No boy?" he wiggle his eyebrows at her.

Astrid groaned before glaring at him, "Dad! No. I'm meeting just Heather today. No boy."

"Are you sure?" he smiles at her.

"Yes." she glared at him slightly

He sighed, "Okay.. But you need to think about getting yourself a boyfriend. You're not getting any younger and neither am I. I need to see you getting married and having children in my life before I die."

Astrid groaned, "Can we please not have this conversation over breakfast?"

"Honey, you know-

"Sir." a guard called out as he came inside the dining room.

"What is it, Edward?" Marcus asked.

"Sir, the driver, Charlie did not show up again today." he replied.

"Again?!" Astrid groaned and rolled her eyes.

Marcus looked at Astrid before turning his attention back to the guard, "Did he called in to inform us?"

"No, sir. He didn't. We tried calling him but he's not picking up his phone." Edward the guard said.

"Hm.." Marcus said while rubbing his beard. "Well then we should start looking for a new driver. It is your duty, Edward. Go and find a new driver for Astrid please. Also make it hurry if you can. She needs to go somewhere this afternoon."

"Yes, sir. I'll pass on the word to others." he nodded.

"Thank you. You may go now." Marcus smiled.

"Let's just hope he finds a driver before afternoon or else my plans will be canceled. Again." Astrid sighed. Charlie did the same thing the last time she had plans with her friends. He didn't showed up and he didn't informed either so she had to cancel plans with her friends at the last minute. Because she don't know how to drive so she couldn't go by herself and Marcus was busy in some meeting and he had his driver with him. They have two drivers in total. One driver for Astrid and second driver for Marcus.

"He will, don't worry. Now we were talking about your love life, right?" he winked at her.

She glared at him. "No, dad. We were NOT talking about my love life."

"Yes, we were. Now honey, I have this perfect business man for you." Astrid groaned and put her head in her hands as she hear him say this.

"He's young, handsome and he have his own business. Also he's a good friend of mine. I say you should go out with him. He's a good guy." he said.

"How about I should not go out with him and just enjoy my life and do what I love to do." she said, annoyed.

"Okay, then! It's final. I'll talk to him. His name is David. I'll ask him and we'll set a time for your date with him." he said, completely ignoring what his daughter just said.

"Ugh! Do I have a say in this?" she looks at him.

"Nope." he took a sip of his coffee and stand up with his office bag in his hand.

Astrid sighed, "fine!" she rolled her eyes.

"Good. Now I'm off to office. Gotta make some money." he placed a kiss on her head. "I'll ask Edward about the driver, don't worry. Bye, honey. Love you!" He called out as he walked out of the dining room to go to his office.

"Bye.. Love you, too." she whispered before sighing.

~~~~~°°°°°~~~~~

"Oi 'iccup! There's someone here to see ya!" Gobber yelled.

Hiccup looked up from his work, "Send them in Gobber!" he yelled back before going back to fixing the car in front of him. His friend Fishlegs came in excitedly.

"Hiccup! I have some great news for you!" he squealed.

Hiccup looked up and smiled at his friend, "what is it?"

"You were looking for some other job right?"

"Well..yea." he replied, confused.

"Congratulations! You have a new job now!" Fishlegs yelled, putting both of his hands on Hiccup's shoulder and shaking him.

"Huh? Wha-? What are you saying?"

"I have this friend who needs a driver! Her own driver never shows up so she's firing him. She is rich so she'll pay well too!" He squealed.

"Fishlegs, you know money is not a issue for me. And a driver..? I don't know.." Hiccup looked down, rubbing his neck.

It's true, money is not a problem for him since his father is the chief police. But Hiccup wants to do something of his own. He doesn't want to be a chief police so he's just enjoy his life and making his own money. But lately, he's running a bit low on money. So he's looking for another job to fulfill his needs as he doesn't want to ask his father to support him financially.

"What's wrong with being a driver?" Fishlegs asked confusedly.

"Nothing! Nothing is wrong with me being a driver..it's just.."

"Well, I thin' it's a great job!" Gobber said from behind them, rubbing his mustache.

Hiccup sighed, "what's the address?"

~~~~~*****~~~~~

"Are you sure he's good?" Marcus asked his guard Justin.

"Yes, sir. Edward told me that he interviewed him himself. He's a good man." Justin replied.

"Well, I hope he's right." Marcus muttered as he opened the door of his house.

He walked inside and towards the living room, where Astrid was sitting using her phone.

"Astrid." he called out.

She looked up from her phone and saw her father standing there. "Dad! What're you doing here at this hour?"

"Justin called me to inform me that they have found a driver. So I came to check if he's trust worthy or not. Come on, let's go and see him. They're waiting for us at the garage."

Astrid sighed and nodded.

They both walked to the garage and saw three men standing there. Edward, Justin and unknown person- probably new driver.

"Ahem!" Marcus faked cough in order to get their attention.

"Sir! This is Hayden." Edward said gesturing to Hiccup.

Astrid looked up upon hearing the name. "Hiccup?"

Hiccup looked towards her, "Astrid.."

~~~~~*****~~~~~

Dun dun dun..
How do they know each other?

Well, this is the first chapter. What do you think?

~Astridhiccup1223

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.8K 1.3K 17
Y/n has always been Hiccup's best friend. She has also always calmed the dragons around her, yet no one knows why (yet). She is the "sister" of Astri...
2.1K 70 15
After the romantic flight with Astrid, Hiccup and Toothless leave as they planned to. Astrid tells Stoik that Hiccup left and wasn't going to come ba...
67.9K 2.3K 36
Had they dated? Yes. Had they kissed? Yes. Had they said the three letter word to each other? No. The journey where they would learn what they feel f...
18.5K 244 11
Hiccup and Astrid find a girl stranded in the cove and with her is a female Night fury. She's injured, Hiccup takes her back to his house and they st...