Out of Time (Loki x Reader)

By AislynMarie_

Upon practicing your magic on Asgard, you were banished by Odin, an Orphan was all you were to him. But bein... More

Chapter 1: Asgard
Chapter 2: The Ballroom
Chapter 3: Magic
Chapter 4: The Last of Asgard
Chapter 5: New Beginnings
Chapter 6: Avengers?
Chapter 7: Control
Chapter 8: New Addition
Chapter 9: Good Old Days
Chapter 10: The Unexpected
Chapter 11: HYDRA
Chapter 12: Truths
Chapter 13: Home
Chapter 14: Cold Hearted
Chapter 15: The Garden
Chapter 16: No More Music
Chapter 17: Motherly Advice
Chapter 18: Family
Chapter 19: More Headaches
Chapter 20: Destruction
Chapter 21: Party, Party
Chapter 22: Drinks on me
Chapter 23: The Villain
Chapter 24: Hulk SMASH
Chapter 25: Nine Realms
Chapter 26: Life
Chapter 27: Reminiscing
Chapter 28: Vulnerability
Chapter 29: Loki
Chapter 30: Secrets
Chapter 31: Liar
Chapter 32: Origins
Chapter 33: Sister?
Authors Note
Chapter 34: The GrandMaster
Chapter 35: Champion
Chapter 36: Tired.
Chapter 37: Different
Chapter 38: Move on
Chapter 39: Hela
Chapter 40: Disbelief
Chapter 41: Earth
Chapter 43: Christmas
Chapter 44: New years Eve
Chapter 45: Tesseract
Chapter 46: The Winning Side
Chapter 47: Regret
Chapter 48: Barnes
Chapter 49: All of The Stars Above
Chapter 50: Ebony Maw
Chapter 51: Pretend
Chapter 52: The Sanctuary II
Chapter 53: Cell Block 17
Chapter 54: Traitor
Chapter 55: Wakanda
Chapter 56: Betrayal
Chapter 57: All For Love
Chapter 58: We Lost
Chapter 59: Grief
Chapter 60: Planets upon Planets
Chapter 61: Finding the Stones
Chapter 62: Vanaheim
Chapter 63: Our Garden Of White Roses
Chapter 64: The Missing Stone
Chapter 65: Old Friends
Chapter 66: Reunion
Chapter 67: Timeless
Chapter 68: The Final Stone
Chapter 69: Endgame
Chapter 70: You Cant Change The Inevitable
Chapter 71: Memory
Chapter 72: "Out of Time."
Chapter 73: "But Never, Out Of Love."

Chapter 42: Christmas Eve

623 17 13
By AislynMarie_

Loki's POV

It had been months. 7 and a half, to be exact. She continues to be in a dreamlike state. She's stable but remains unconscious.

It is December 24th.

The snow sticks to the ground of New York City. And for the first time in a long time, I grew restless. The sun wasn't shining as it used to. The gloom clouds rolled over the sky, I've counted them as much as I could before I became irritated.

I watched the people below, slowly walk the sideways, cross streets, laugh, drink warm and steaming drinks and as I watched them, I noticed a feeling I knew all to well.

I was envious.

Envious of the happiness they could encounter with the people they walked with. Envious of the lack of responsibility they had, compared to me.

Envious of the love they could reciprocate.

I huffed and turned my gaze to the medical ward. It was hard to be in there. Knowing the walls of that empty room by heart, studying them, gave me a sense of sadness.

I'm slowly losing hope.

I watched as Bruce walked around the lab and then walked into her room. My gaze quickly dissipated. That was before I saw Tony Stark rush into her room.

I got to my feet and walked to the two men. Bruce was frantically looking through paper work while Tony was shouting.

"What do you mean?" Tony shouted.

"I don't know! It just dropped out of no where!" Bruce said while he quickly rushed to her bedside and began fixing her charts and IV bags.

"What is happening?" I asked now getting anxious with the tension in the room. I didn't get an answer before her heart beat monitor beeped and then went silent.

Her heart just stopped.

"Y/n?" I quickly asked, growing more and more confused while Bruce began chest compressions. Tony rushed to his side and began breathing heavily.

"Come on kid." He whispered harshly.

As the monitor beeped, my gaze shot to it, her heart started up again. This was happening less and less, not as frequently as when we first arrived. But now it felt like we were back at square one.

This hadn't happened in 3 months.

We thought she was pulling through.

Everyone relaxed, except me. I sat down in the chair next to the large window, close to her bed and sat. I put my hand to my chin and clenched my jaw.

"You need to sleep Loki." Tony finally said, speaking up after the incident. I didn't respond. Who was he to tell me what to do?

I'm losing my mind.

"Loki-"

"Don't, Stark." Tony stopped in his sentence before talking once more.

"It's Christmas Eve," he paused. I didn't turn to him. I knew what day it was.

"She'd want you to enjoy it." Tony finally finished.

"You don't know what she'd want." I finally snapped. Not straying my graze from the falling snow.

"I know she'd want you to be eating properly. She'd want you to be yourself." Tony answered swiftly, not angered by my stubbornness, but concerned.

"I don't know who I am without her." I stated. Tony nodded and headed for the door while I continued to stare out of the window.

It was true, all this time while she was gone, I was this person I couldn't recognize. A year ago, I was Loki of Asgard, the heir to the throne of Jötunheim. I was a King.

Now, I'm miserable.

I miss the yelling. The anger, the fights, the timid smiles she'd give me when she saw me across the room, the way she twirls a piece of her hair when she's concentrating, the way she traced circles on my skin when she talked.

I miss the way she way she loved me.

I slowly turn around to see her still unconscious. I tilted my head to the side and stared at her. Even in this state, she's beautiful. I hung my head before getting to my feet and slowly walking to her side.

I stared down at her, I tucked her h/c hair behind her ear, I used the back of my hand to slowly rub the apple of her cheek. I pressed my lips together before a sad sigh escape my mouth.

"I got you something." Loki said with tears at the brims of his bluish green eyes. He held his palm up and with a flash of green, he conjured a single white rose. He carefully placed it on her bedside table and returned to face her.

"Things are getting rough here Darling." He whispered while caressing her cheek. With no response he gritted his teeth.

"I love you." He stated in a hushed whispered, only loud enough for himself to hear.

This was the first time he had the courage to say this aloud.

The room echoed as he gasped for a short breath. He gripped her hand and quietly sobbed for her to return.

After some time, Loki's eyes gave him no more tears to spare. He sat quietly by the window while he watched her chest rise and fall.

"Brother." Thor said from the doorway, which he was leaning on. Loki's gaze slowly looked over to Thor and then he hung his head again.

"Come on, let's go get some fresh air." Thor asked softly. Loki looked up to y/n and then back to Thor, he debated on what to answer with before finally nodding.

Loki and Thor walked slowly out into the living room of the compound. The room was decorated with Christmas lights and red and white colors, fake snow, garland, and mistletoe. While the lights were off the large Christmas tree gave the room a warm tone to it. Everyone turned to the two brothers with smiles larger than anyone could comprehend.

Loki looked up and gave everyone a small, approving smile. He slowly approached the team and sat down, as he did Tony walked over with a small gift box and set it into Loki's lap. Confused, Loki looked up and Tony gave him a warm smile. Just as Tony sat down, Thor, Peter and Natasha, all stood up, handing Loki colorful wrapped presents.

He looked up to everyone and they all smiled, eager for him to start unwrapping.

He started with Thor's present, as he tore at the paper his smile widened.

"A dagger?" Loki asked while he inspected it closely. Then looked to Thor.

"Look closer." Thor smiled. As Loki looked back down to the dagger he read the inscriptions, engraved on the dagger aloud.

"Loki, King of Asgard." He smiled and as he turned the dagger over to the other side of the blade, a small tear escaped his eyes.

"Y/n, Queen of Asgard." Loki pressed his lips together before giving Thor a approving smile and a nod.

"Thank you." He whispered softly. Thor was overjoyed with his gift giving.

He turned to Peters gift and Peter began to smile. As loki unwrapped the present loki laughed quietly before showing everyone the gift. As he pulled out a pair of golden horns, shorter than his own, he laughed.

Everyone awed and smiled at how much effort he put into them. They looked amazing.

"They are made of out vibranium...Mr. Stark helped me." Peter finally spoke up. Loki looked to the small teenager with much gratitude.

"I thought maybe y/n could wear them when she woke up." He beamed. Loki laughed and nodded in agreement.

"Thank you, small midgardian." Loki said through a small laugh. He turned to Natashas present and prepared himself.

As he unwrapped the present he paused and looked up to Natasha. Awestruck with her gift he looked back down to it.

"What is it?" Many asked and looked to Natasha for information.

Loki pulled out many dress clothes, most he was familiar with, from Asgard. But that's not what shocked him. As he placed the folded clothes to the side he picked up a small Polaroid. He sat in awe for a moment before looking up at her.

"We are always so caught up in the moment, we never have to time to take a few of these." She softly smiled. Loki looked back down to the picture and placed his hand over his mouth.

The picture was of Loki and y/n. She was laughing at something, Loki was holding her by her waist and smiling down at her while she laughed. Loki never looked at her more lovingly than in this picture.

"She's magnificent." Loki stated while he stared at the picture. Everyone nodded and agreed. He looked up and placed the picture on top of the clothes while he said his thank you to Natasha.

He turned to Tony's gift and then up to Tony, who was smiling with every bone in his body. As Loki took the small box into his hands he opened it, inside held a beautiful gold watch. The emeralds around the face of the watch shined and glimmered under the Christmas lights. Before Loki got the chance to ask, Tony spoke up.

"I was searching the other day, and I remembered y/n telling me about this watch, how she dreamed to see it be completed." He stopped and looked at Loki while he inspected the watch.

"She was so excited to see the outcome, She had this custom made for awhile, it only felt right you got the chance to see it." Tony finally finished. As Loki looked under the face of the watch, (the backside of the face) he smiled softly at the engravings.

"To The End Of The Nine Realms, My Love."

He carefully touched his thumb over the engraving and smiled at the touch before placing it on his wrist. He shook his head in disbelief at the others.

"I didn't even think about presents-"

"We don't care." Natasha soothed.

"We did this because we know you needed it." Tony said friendly.

"And I think you're really cool Mr. Loki" Peter said with a large smile across his face, Loki's sad eyes turned to ones of gratefulness and unmeasured happiness.

"I like you." Loki cooed to the teenager. Peter smiled widely and looked to Tony happily.

This Christmas Eve was one he would remember for a very, very long time.

———
A/n: happy holidays everyone! This chapter I made was extra long just for Christmas Eve!

I really hope you all enjoyed the sad, yet wholesome chapter, it was very heart warming to write!

I will be releasing the next chapter tomorrow, specifically for Christmas Day! Have an amazing day and a great holiday!❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.5K 988 15
You were the daughter of a wealthy lord in the farthest village from the castle of Asgard. Even though you had everything you could ever wish for you...
217K 6.3K 43
Loki x Reader You live with the avengers. One day Thor will take you all to the Asgard. There you'll meet someone who changes your life. But soon aft...
228 15 10
Eve's whole life began in chaos. After growing up in an abusive home and tossed between foster homes and orphanages she started to believe that a nor...
19.1K 523 21
Y/n doesn't have a good home situation. Her life is really difficult and she doesn't know what the purpose of her life anymore. But when y/n goes liv...