Jackpot!

JackMorningstar420 által

Despite saving Cardin from an Ursa, he still exposed the truth about Jaune's transcripts. His friends and fam... Több

Prologue: The Birth Of A Hybrid!
Jaune Info
Chapter 1: Kicking Ass and Taking Names!
Chapter 2: A Feral Encounter!
Chapter 3: Meeting the Devil Hunter and the Broker.
Chapter 4: Training to Be Strong!
Chapter 6: Mission: The Siren's Melody!
Chapter 7: Show Me Your Motivation!
Chapter 8: The Oracle.
Chapter 9: The Truth
Chapter 10: The Choice
Chapter 11: Meanwhile in Remnant Part 1
Chapter 12: Back to the City!
Chapter 13: Mission: Sword Dance Sonata

Chapter 5: Mission: The Portrait's Secret!

3.6K 104 19
JackMorningstar420 által

At the Mona Isla Art Museum

It is night. A security guard making his rounds, shining his flashlight in the dark museum. As he walks through a series of paintings, he feels a strange feeling by one painting.

He stops by the painting. It is a portrait of a king, sitting upon his throne.

He looks closely at the painting, seeing the eyes of the king blink.

The security guard gasps in surprise and terror. Before he can back away, a pair of monstrous hands pop out and grab him.

"AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!" He screamed as he is pulled into the painting.

His hat and flashlight fall to the ground.

*CRUSH*

*CHOMP* 

Soon, blood drips onto the flashlight.

[Play]

(A/N: I do not own this video or Devil May Cry.)

Intro:

Jaune is seen walking the streets of Red Grave City at night. He wears a long white overcoat with his hood up.

The silhouettes of the four bosses from Red Grave City look at him from atop buildings.

Soon, he is surrounded by many people. Suddenly, they tear their skin apart, revealing themselves to be demons.

Purple lightning generates in Jaune's hands. He conjures lightning swords and sends them out to all the demons, killing them.

He continues walking, his overcoat obstructs the screen.

When the overcoat leaves the screen, he is in a junkyard sending fireballs at Dante, who dodges them with ease.

His overcoat flutters again blocking the screen. When it unblocks, Jaune is now clashing blades with Vergil in an alley.

Their blades collide and sparks fly which block the screen in a flash.

When the flash is over, Jaune is in the middle of the street. Lady fires Kalina-Ann, and Trish fires lightning at him. Jaune forms an ice barrier that blocks the attacks.

The screen changes to show Morrison on a phone at Dante's Shop. The screen shifts to show Jaune at a payphone.

Jaune walks out and heads to his assignment.

(0:32)

As he walks, it rains. Soon, the faces of those who abandoned and hurt him could be seen in the raindrops.

His overcoat flutters and blocks the screen. When it moves away, Jaune is shown on the ground, badly hurt. Suddenly, Team CFVY and Ozpin appear, and each offers him a hand up.

Jaune closes his eyes and tears fall.

The screen turns back to show Jaune who is just walking the streets.

Soon, he is surrounded by flocks of ravens all with glowing sea-foam green eyes.

The ravens fly away, and the silhouettes of the four bosses from Red Grave City now stand before him.

Soon, there are scores of demons in front of him.

Jaune stands before them. As one hand glows gold with aura, the other glows with demonic power in a series of colors.

Soon, Dante, Vergil, Trish, and Lady stand beside him.

(0:54)

Trish is firing at multiple demons with her pistols.

Lady blows up a larger demon with a missile courtesy of her Kalina-Ann.

Dante swings his sword, sending an air slash that decimates a demon.

Vergil moves past a group of demons. In a second, their bodies had been slashed apart.

Jaune puts his hand out and flames shoot out, incinerating his enemies in seconds.

It is now sunrise.

Lady has her Kalina-Ann by her side as she stands atop the corpses.

Trish stands over the corpses as her hair is fluttering in the wind.

Vergil has his Yamato sheathed by his side as one could see multiple corpses piled up behind him.

Dante holds his Rebellion over his back with a large number of corpses behind him.

Jaune stands tall, his white overcoat covered in blood as he held a pistol in each hand.

--------------------------------------------------

At the Unnamed Shop

Jaune is wearing a white dress shirt, black tie, black jeans, and black combat boots (A/N: His usual outfit for now.).

He is playing pool with Dante. Dante readies his shot. He strikes the cueball, and it hits the eight-ball, sending it into the pocket.

"That's game," Dante said smiling.

"Damn," Jaune said.

"Now, as per our bet, you owe me three strawberry sundaes and six pizzas," Dante said.

"Don't you ever get sick of eating all that?" Jaune asked.

"Nope," Dante responded.

Soon, Morrison walks into the shop.

"I got a mission lined up. Best part. The client is willing to pay half for just accepting the job," Morrison said.

"What's the job?" Dante asked.

"Destroy a priceless painting," Morrison said.

Dante smirked, while Jaune looked surprised.

"Seriously? Why?" Jaune asked.

"According to them, the painting is cursed," Morrison said.

"Cursed?" Jaune asked.

"That's right. You see. The portrait was made by a famous painter during the Renaissance Era. From time to time, it's been in the possession of nobles and commoners. Some said the painting blessed them with fortune, equivalent to that of a king," Morrison said.

"Why would anyone want it destroyed?" Jaune asked.

"Throughout the centuries, mysterious deaths have surrounded that painting. One night, all is fine. The next night, someone is missing and drops of blood are found by the painting. And some consider that a good night," Morrison said.

"What about on a bad night?" Jaune asked.

"On a bad night. An entire family and their servants were slaughtered," Morrison said.

Jaune felt sick hearing that.

"Why not just burn the painting?" Jaune asked.

"A few have tried, but nothing they did ever damage the painting. However, most wouldn't destroy a portrait valued in the millions and rumored to bestow fortune," Morrison said.

"So, what do you both say?" Morrison asked.

Dante starts to chuckle.

"Jaune. This mission is all yours," Dante said.

Morrison chuckles, while Jaune looks surprised.

"My own mission? Already? Are you sure?" Jaune asked.

"Well, you got to get your feet wet. Besides, you can use the payment to pay off the bet between you and me," Dante said.

Jaune sighed at the second part of the reasoning. Nevertheless, he looked ready to go.

"Alright, I'll take the mission," Jaune said.

"Great. Here is the address," Morrison said as he handed Jaune a slip of paper.

Jaune takes the paper from Morrison. He goes over to the couch and puts on his dual holster. Soon, he holsters a pair of Glocks. He puts on a black trenchcoat. He puts on a fedora and sunglasses. He slings the guitar case on his back.

Soon, he exits the shop.

"So. What if he has trouble?" Morrison asked.

"Heh. Then, I'll be there to pick up the slack," Dante said smiling.

At the Mona Isla Art Museum

Jaune is walking through the museum.

He looks around and sees many people enjoying and admiring the art.

However, he sees a large multitude around one painting.

Jaune walks by the group to get a better look at the painting.

Not only does he see two guards by the painting, he sees the painting itself.

It showed a picture of a king. He had long flowing brown hair and a brown beard. His eyes were golden yellow. He was adorned with a luxurious crimson robe, that had white fur at the collar and the end. His accessories were even more glamorous. His numerous jewel-encrusted rings and gold scepter complimented the gold crown atop his head. However, his throne outshined his accessories. It stood tall, bearing gold features. In the background was what seemed to be his palace.

All the guests looked at the king, some even drooling. However, whether it was because of the king's appearance or his luxuries varied among them. Nonetheless, they were all mesmerized.

"This is the painting that is cursed?" Jaune thought.

Jaune looked at the painting closer.

"I'm not sensing any demonic energy."

Jaune shuddered a little. It reminded him of when he met Vlad. He wondered about the ways one can conceal their demonic power, so as not to be sensed by other demons.

Soon, a man walks up in front of the crowd. He has gray hair and a long white beard, reaching all the way to his chest. His eyes were dark yellow. He wears a purple suit and has a monocle on. He had a very portly appearance. He is the museum curator. His name is Honest Teigu.

"Now. Now, everyone. It's time to scatter and let others look at the painting," Honest said.

Many grumbled but left to let others see the painting.

Jaune shrugs his shoulders.

"I guess I'll have to wait until night."

Jaune dispersed like the rest of the crowd.

"I'll find a place to hide until then."

Unbeknownst to him, he wasn't the only one after the painting.

The day went fast. Soon, it was night.

The sky was a flutter with stars as a crescent moon shined.

In the museum, Jaune exits a broom closet. He slips on a black hat to cover his head and a black bandanna to cover his mouth, further concealing his identity. Adding to the ensemble, he puts on a pair of black leather gloves.

He starts walking to the exhibit hall that showed the portrait.

Soon, he reached the painting.

As Jaune stared at the painting, he sighed.

"I know you're all hiding. Show yourself," Jaune said.

Stepping out of the shadows are several men each wearing black ski masks and black clothing. The only thing visible was their eyes and lips. They all had guns pointed at Jaune.

"What do you think you're doing, here?" One of the masked men asked.

"I could ask you the same thing, Honest Teigu," Jaune said.

The man had a look of surprise. He removes his mask, revealing himself to indeed be Honest Teigu.

"How did you know?" Honest asked.

"I find it funny that people think that just because you wear a mask, that their voice is different too," Jaune said.

"Hehe. Well, you can take that knowledge with you to the grave," Honest said as he waved to the others.

The clicks of pistols could be heard.

Before they can fire, Jaune sped up to a wall, avoiding the haze of bullets.

*BANG*

*BANG*

*BANG*

Now, don't get Jaune wrong. he could survive the attack, but he needed to try to be inconspicuous about his abilities.

The masked men stop putting holes in the wall. Some slowly walk to Jaune's location, while others went to secure the painting.

"Taking a big risk. Are you sure you won't get caught?" Jaune asked.

"Hmph. The security and surveillance systems are deactivated. No one will know what happens tonight, but us," Honest said.

Suddenly, Jaune's eyes widened in surprise. He could feel demonic energy a few feet away from him.

"Get away from that painting!" Jaune shouted.

However, it was too late as a sword comes out of the painting, stabbing one of the thieves in the chest.

"Ack!"

The thief next to him fell to the ground in surprise at the sight. At this point, the rest of the thieves turn their attention to the wounded member of their group, feeling the same surprise.

The sword is lifted higher as the thief just hangs there lifeless like a piece of meat.

Soon, a figure steps out of the painting. The figure lowers the sword so that the corpse falls off. The thieves are shocked to see the king from the painting.

"What the hell?!"

The king looks at the thief on the floor. He delivers a  horizontal slash that cleaves him in two.

"Kill him!" Another thief shouted.

Soon, the rest of the thieves begin shooting at the king, hitting him everywhere.

*CLICK*

*CLICK*

*CLICK*

They had emptied their entire clips, however to their shock the king was still standing.

The king looks at the thieves, his eyes now a piercing red rather than their usual gold color.

The rest of the thieves run away in fear.

*BANG*

*BANG*

*BANG*

They fall to the floor, holding their legs in pain from the bullets.

They looked up, to see Honest holding his gun out, the barrel still smoking.

"What the hell?!"

Honest gives a wicked grin.

"Nothing personal. It was all part of the deal," Honest said.

"W-What deal?!" One of the thieves asked still in pain from his wound.

"Hahahahahaha."

The thieves turned to the source of the laughing and saw it was the king.

"Your leader made a deal. He offers me some blood and I make him rich," The king said smiling.

"So, that's your scam throughout the centuries," Jaune said.

The king turned to see Jaune who was no longer hiding behind the wall.

"You promise humans wealth, and all they have to do is feed your bloodlust," Jaune said.

The king chuckles.

"I just give them what they want," The king said.

"This explains everything. Which means the client was someone who survived his slaughter," Jaune thought.

Jaune unzips his guitar case and pulls out a claymore sword.

(A/N: I do not own this image. With time, he'll get better weapons.)

"Hmph. You think you can hurt me with that?" The king asked insulted.

"Yup," Jaune said.

Jaune imbues his sword with demonic energy.

Jaune leaps, closing the gap between him and the king.

Jaune delivers a sword strike, only for the king to guard against it. However, Jaune manages to slice the king's sword in half.

As Jaune gets ready to attack again, a fire starts to form in the king's mouth.

Jaune leaps back, just as the king breathes green fire at him.

The king stops his flames.

"It seems I can't underestimate you," The king said.

The king drops his broken sword.

Soon, his body begins to get bigger, ripping his clothes apart. His skin became green and he was slowly losing his humanoid features.

In seconds, he was several feet tall. His sharp teeth were protruding out his mouth. Even when he closed his mouth, they were still visible. His whole body was dark green and muscular.  He had horns sticking out of his head and his nails were long and sharp as blades. He stood on his hind legs.

"Now, you see my true form," The king said.

The rest of the thieves looked on in fear and surprise.

Jaune looks undeterred.

"Let's go," Jaune said.

The king rushed toward Jaune, trying to swipe at him. Although the attacks were strong enough to demolish the walls, Jaune dodges the swipes with ease.

"Hmph. He's slower than Dante," Jaune thought.

"Hold still!" The king shouted.

Jaune leaped back.

Soon, his sword glows with demonic energy.

Jaune unleashes an energy slash attack.

The attack cleaves through the king's arm, cutting it off. However, it keeps going hitting the wall.

"AAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!" The king shouted in pain.

The king clutched his wound.

"And he's weaker than Dante," Jaune thought.

Jaune got close and delivers a horizontal energy slash, cutting off the king's legs.

The king screams in more pain, now unable to escape.

The thieves are surprised that Jaune was able to injure the monster.

Honest looked pissed at Jaune, who just injured his meal ticket.

He aims his pistol at Jaune.

*BANG*

*TING*

Jaune had deflected the bullet with his sword.

Jaune glares at Honest, who starts to shake in fear.

He turns his attention back to the king.

Jaune's sword soon is consumed by red flames.

"Wait! Don't do this! Please! I can give you all the riches of the world if you spare me!" The king shouted.

"I don't think so," Jaune said.

"Wait! No!"

Jaune stabs his sword into the king's chest. Soon, the king screams as his body is engulfed in flames.

As the flames died down, there was no trace of the king. Only ashes.

Soon, Jaune absorbs some of the king's demonic power.

He puts out his hand and a green flame appears. Then, it changes to a red and green flame. Soon, the flames go out. However, he could tell a difference.

"From what I can gather, the more flame users I kill, the stronger my flame attacks get," Jaune thought.

Jaune looks at a painting.

"I wonder."

Jaune sticks his hand out to a painting. Soon, it starts to go into the painting.

Jaune pulls out his hand and smiles.

"Nice. I can go into paintings now."

Jaune goes and puts his sword in his guitar case. Soon, he looks at the painting where the king came out and saw how the only thing there was a throne. He could sense no demonic energy from it.

He puts his hand out and sets the painting on fire. It is set ablaze, turning into nothing but ash.

"Mission accomplished."

Honest noticed Jaune's distracted.

He makes a run for it, only to bump into someone.

He gasps to find that it was Jaune.

"Now. Where do you think you're going?" Jaune asked.

"Wait! Please! Spare me!" Honest shouted.

"Hmmm. Can I see your gun?" Jaune asked.

"Sure! Take it! It's yours!" Honest shouted as he handed Jaune his guns.

Jaune looks at the gun, inspecting it.

"So, you'll let me go?" Honest asked.

Jaune pistol whips Honest, knocking him out.

"You're not getting out of this," Jaune said.

Suddenly, the alarm begins ringing.

"What?! The alarm is supposed to be deactivated!" One of the thieves shouted.

"Crap! I got to get out of here!" Jaune thought.

Jaune dropped the gun and sped out of the museum. As he exited, he noticed how no one arrived yet. He continued to run into the cover of night.

Unbeknownst to Jaune, a raven sits, perched on a ledge. 

At the Unnamed Shop

Dante is reading a magazine, while Jaune is lying on a couch.

Morrison walks in.

"Well. The client was impressed with your work, Jaune," Morrison said.

He handed Jaune an envelope.

Jaune tossed it like a frisbee to Dante, who caught it.

Soon, Jaune closed his book and looked at Dante and Morrison. They noticed his somewhat sad expression.

"What's wrong? Thinking about the other thieves who died?" Morrison asked.

"In a way, yes," Jaune said.

"I'm surprised that you care about what happened. Didn't they try to kill you?" Morrison asked.

Jaune let out a sigh.

"I guess it just reminds me of my past. It's not the first time people have tried to kill me," Jaune said.

"If they were successful, I doubt much of an investigation would be done."

Dante and Morrison raised their brow at Jaune sharing information about his past. They could see that the mission reminded him of his past.

"I didn't care that two of the thieves died. Hell, I didn't even care about pistol-whipping Honest or leaving the other thieves in their condition."

Jaune sighs.

"Truth be told, I felt like taking out the thieves with my sword."

Jaune sighed again.

"What does that say about me?" Jaune asked.

Dante closed his magazine.

"Look Jaune. This job isn't easy. It's not just demons you'll be facing, but humans as well," Dante said.

"Honest isn't the first human to make a deal with a demon, and he certainly won't be the last."

"And this certainly won't be the last time humans may try to kill you."

Jaune sighed again.

"Yeah. I figured," Jaune responded.

"Jaune. Sometimes, you have to make certain decisions and live with the choices you made," Dante said.

"Let me ask you, Jaune. What do you believe in?"

Jaune looked on in pondering.

"I-I don't know," Jaune said.

Given what the experienced in Remnant, Jaune had some morality issues to work through.

"Listen, Jaune. You take it easy for now. Whether you want to continue missions or not, let us know," Morrison said.

Jaune nodded in understanding.

"But just because you feel gloomy, don't think you can skip out on dinner. Tonight is pizza night," Dante said jokingly.

Jaune smiled and shook his head.

"It's always pizza night," Jaune thought.

"Thanks, you two," Jaune said as he walked to his bedroom.

Morrison takes out a cigar and lights it. He takes a puff before blowing out a small cloud.

"There's more to it though. Like no unnecessary bloodshed?" Morrison asked.

"Yeah. He's going to have to make that decision himself," Dante said.

Dante and Morrison knew that while they could guide Jaune, ultimately, he would have to be the one to make his own choices and live with them, especially with missions.

"Hmmm. That's the first time he talked about his past with us," Morrison said.

"Yeah, and you could tell that he went through some stuff," Dante said.

"Haven't we all?" Morrison asked.

"Yeah. Like all of experiences, they left their marks," Dante said.

Morrison nodded in agreement.

Both he and Dante knew Jaune had to find his own way of life. His own code of honor.

Jaune was lying on his bed, staring at the ceiling fan as it spun.

He remembered more of his own past. He felt anger and sadness at how others were willing to injure or kill him so easily. He felt even more anger and sadness how some could just abandon him so easily.

With all this power, he could end his aggressors like they were nothing. Make them feel the exact same pain he went through. No. He could make it worse.

Yet a part of him went against it. He felt he knew the reason why.

He was conflicted with himself.

However, little did Jaune know, these moments of existential crisis were needed for him to grow as a person.

In time, more events such as encounters, battles, and missions would shape his own ideologies.

(A/N(1): In time, he'll develop his own code of honor.)

(A/N(2): I do not own the image used for the cover of the chapter. Also, I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh. It belongs to Konami.)

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

6.1K 116 10
Jaune saves Cardin from the Urse Major. But later he revels his false Transcripts. And become bullied, shunned, being disowned. But all that changes...
32.9K 755 14
After Jaune's transcripts were revealed by Cardin almost everyone turned their backs on him. The only ones who stayed with him were Ruby, Blake, Nora...
3.4K 75 10
Attention! The book may contain some religious references that perhaps don't match how it is portrayed in real life. It may or may not offend some of...
52 1 8
V(VERGIL) X ORIGINAL CHARACTER Vergil's fall from grace has always been shrouded in mystery and even more so, his time spent as V, the physical embo...