Redamancy | BTS

By strawberheecake

Redamancy (n.) - a love returned in full. A hybrid BTS x reader AU. Started: April 19, 2021 Completed: Janu... More

0 - Prologue
1 - The Will
2 - Questions
3 - First Impressions
4 - Intentions
5 - The Revelation
6 - Hidden Messages
7 - Bentos & Blueprints
8 - Misunderstanding
9 - Tickles & Cub Bites
10 - Pack Representatives
11 - New Rules
12 - Dessert
13 - Cub vs. Bear
14 - Surprise
15 - Forever Cub
16 - Sunshine
17 - Connections
18 - Kitchen Appliance Nightmare
19 - Trust
21 - Red
22 - Binnie, Junie, & Beomie
23 - Heartbeats & Cuddles
24 - Headlines
25 - Housewarming Gift
26 - Hot off the Press
27 - Chance Encounter
28 - Written in the Stars
29 - POV
30 - Family
31 - Boss Woman
32 - Officially Mine
33 - Dirty Little Secrets
34 - Attention, Please!
35 - Chocolate Cake
36 - Cub Wrangling
37 - New Routines
38 - Take Your Pick
39 - New Beginnings
40 - Redamancy
BTS Imagine Post
French Translation
Russian Translation
Sequel Short Stories

20 - Intern Kim

19.3K 914 516
By strawberheecake

"So let me get this straight, Y/N," your boss starts, his eyebrows pinching together in confusion. You're sitting across from him in his office, in the rather uncomfortable chair placed in front of his desk, nervously bouncing one of your heels up and down. 

There's an unexplainable feeling of tension sitting in your chest the longer you stay in this room. The impossibly clean environment - ranging from the lack of decorative objects to personalize the space to how there doesn't seem to be a single speck of dust within sight - gives this moderately-sized office an unnatural ambiance.

When a steady hand reaches out and gently touches your shoulder, you're drawn out of your thoughts and you instinctively stop the anxious motion, sitting a little taller to give yourself some faux confidence. 

"You want me to allow you to accept Mr. Kim Namjoon as your intern for the next three months?"

"Yes," you nod firmly but something in your voice wavers with uncertainty, making your statement come across more like a question. "It will be an unpaid internship and everything he does will be under my guidance."

"You do understand that just because you are one of my most trusted employees, this does not mean anyone with your connection can just forgo the normal recruiting and hiring process, correct? If Mr. Kim wishes to have an internship here at our company, he must apply just like everyone else. Plus, we are in no position to make the call as to who gets an internship with us - that's all up to HR."

"Yes, I know," you nod rather dejectedly. There's a brief pause in your statement and something clenches inside your gut as you prepare the next words you're about to speak. You hate that it has come down to pulling out your last card like this, but you would do anything to protect the pack. "I certainly understand how outrageous and unconventional my request is. But, truth be told, I'm doing this to fulfill the wish of my late grandfather."

Just as you had predicted, your boss instantly sits up a little taller at the mention of your late, but influential, grandfather. His eyes are suddenly sparkling with interest and you can tell right then and there, you have this man just where you want him.

"Before my grandfather passed, he had introduced me to some of his colleagues," you continue your semi-made-up story. "Among some of them was Namjoon."

"Oh? Is that so?" your boss hums, casting a curious glance at the panther hybrid sitting next to you.

"Namjoon had been interning at my grandfather's company at the time," you nod. "I still remember the first time we met; Grandfather was constantly boasting about how wonderful of a businessman Namjoon is. He usually doesn't boast about his employees like this - let alone an intern. But he insisted that Namjoon was a hidden gem that would bring success to any company."

"That is a very promising compliment," your boss smiles. There's an uneven curl to his lips and you can only assume that he's already planning how he'll use Namjoon to help the company grow. "Why didn't you tell me this sooner? Now that I think about it, there shouldn't be a problem with having Mr. Kim interning with you. I'm sure with some convincing, HR will allow this to happen."

"Really?" you perk up in semi-surprise. You smile hopefully at the older man sitting across from you and you nearly engulf Namjoon in a celebratory hug when your boss gives you a firm nod.

"Consider it done. Namjoon, I look forward to hearing about your time here interning with us. You'll start this upcoming Monday - although you're free to join us earlier if your schedule permits."

"Thank you, sir," Namjoon bows deeply to show his respect and gratitude. "I look forward to learning and growing under the guidance of Y/N. In regard to my schedule, I am available to start as early as today."

"Oh! You're quite the hard worker - I can see why Mr. Han thought so highly of you," your boss chuckles deeply, eyes sparklingly in approval. "I'd be overjoyed if you could start today. But since you're under Y/N's guidance, I'll let her decide."

"Thank you," you chuckle. "I'll take today to show Namjoon around the office and to get him acquainted with where he will be spending the majority of his next three months. Then we can begin tomorrow."

"Sounds great!"

"By the way, I wanted to propose a project for our department," you say tentatively after a beat of silence.

"Sure, what is it?"

"I was thinking of using the results from our last company-wide survey to see if we can improve our overall performance in any way." You twiddle with your thumbs under the desk as you wait for your boss to respond. He purses his lips as if he is deep in thought which only causes your heart to race quickly in anticipation.

"Although it sounds like a simple project, it's most definitely going to be time-consuming," he starts. "If you work on this alone, I'm afraid it will affect your performance on the other activities you normally oversee."

"Actually, I won't be working alone on this project. Now that I have an intern, Namjoon can assist me. Plus, I think it'll be a great introduction to the company for him. He'll use this project as an opportunity to become acquainted with all of the departments and what they do," you correct optimistically.

"You're right, that does sound like a good idea - it's a win-win for both of you and the company. Alright, you have my permission to put this project into motion," your boss nods.

"Great, thank you so much!" you smile happily, getting ready to rise from your seat to take your leave.

"By the way," your boss cuts in before you and Namjoon can stand. "Speaking of your late grandfather - my condolences, by the way - do you, perhaps, know anything about who might be taking over his company?"

Something inside of you snaps at the mention of this man's nosy question. Why does he even need to know anyway? Is he planning on leaving this company for your grandfather's company? He has a perfectly fine job where he is right now and you doubt your grandfather's company is looking to hire someone for the field he's in.

"I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I don't have an answer to your question," you muster your most apologetic smile but it honestly feels like you're grimacing in distaste. "My grandfather was rather vague in his will. He donated all of his assets and he never mentioned what would happen to the company."

"Are you sure? Could there have been an additional page or section that your lawyer might have missed?" he questions further.

From the corner of your eyes, you notice Namjoon stiffen. His ears stand tall on the top of his head, his tail puffs out ever-so-slightly in irritation, and his jaw is locked in an intense stare. Judging by how hard he's gripping the armrests of his chair, it's evident the pack leader is trying his best to hold back and stay quiet.

"I highly doubt it. Our lawyer showed my family and me the document after he read it and we saw the entire thing with our own eyes. There's no denying what was and wasn't written on it," you answer with a small shrug.

"Well, that's a little disappointing to hear. Whatever is going on needs to be announced to the public. It's been nearly two months since your grandfather's passing and the company is still functioning without an active CEO. This isn't good for them," your boss mutters with furrowed eyebrows. "Perhaps, you should do something about it? I'm sure you know someone there that can do something."

"I'm not sure I want to get involved in a situation that isn't mine to mess with," you chuckle nervously.

"Nonsense! You're Mr. Han's granddaughter. Surely there's-"

"I apologize for cutting you off sir, but I really need to use the restroom," Namjoon suddenly interjects. "Y/N, would you mind showing me where it's located?"

"Oh yes, of course," you nod hurriedly, grateful for the panther hybrid's intervention.

"The restroom is just down the hall," your boss begins to explain in a hasty effort to keep you in his office.

"Namjoon might be a good businessman, but he isn't too good with his sense of direction at times. I think it's better if I show him to the restroom since it's his first time here today," you smile sheepishly. "I'll talk to you later, okay? Have a good day!"

You and Namjoon let out a collective sigh the moment the office door closes shut behind you.

"That was completely uncalled for," he grumbles under his breath.

"Tell me about it," you huff, subtly rolling your eyes at the recent memory of the conversation you just left. "Why does he even care so much? It's not like he works at my grandfather's company."

"Some people just need to learn how to mind their own business," Namjoon mutters while shaking his head in disappointment.

"Should I show you around?" you ask in a gentler tone once the two of you make it back to the comforts of your office.

"Sure," the older male nods enthusiastically. "Although, I don't know if there's much to show. I can see the entire room for myself."

"I meant the entire office, Joonie," you chuckle. "You know - the office floor of the company you'll be interning at for the next 12 weeks."

"I think I'll pass on that," Namjoon shakes his head. "I'm only interested in seeing where you spend your time here."

"Oh? Then how will you get around if I ever need you to run small errands for me?" you hum with a gummy smile resting on your lips.

"Then I'll have no choice but to take you with me," the panther hybrid winks at you before showing off his adorable dimples

"Okay, sounds like a deal," you laugh. "Well, in that case, I don't see why I can't take the rest of the day off. Technically my boss thinks I'm giving you a tour to familiarize you with the company. But I never mentioned how I'd give you my tour."

"I think it's reasonable for you to give me a  tour by telling me about the office while we go back to the pack." The pack leader catches onto your plan quickly and you nod with a small smirk on your lips. "Well then what are we waiting for, Ms. Y/L/N? Why don't we start our tour right away."

"Most certainly, Intern Kim," you giggle playfully, gathering your belongings before heading to your car.

Once the two of you are situated in your seats with your seatbelt on, you begin driving out of the company's parking garage. Every now and then, you find yourself stealing glances at Namjoon. The pack leader seems to be deep in thought but you can't decipher what he's thinking about. Perhaps that's the trait that makes him a great leader - more often than not, he's always conscious of his body language so that he doesn't give away his emotions. But at the same time, that exact trait makes it hard for you to connect with him compared to the rest of the pack. Even Yoongi, who is normally rather stoic, is easier to read than Namjoon.

"What are you thinking about, Joon?" you ask, finally caving in to your curiosity. "I swear, you're going to have visible wrinkles on your forehead by the time you turn 30 just from how frequently you crease your forehead while you're thinking."

"Jin says the same thing to me," the panther chuckles softly. "I was just thinking about my internship, I guess."

"What about it? Are you nervous?" you prod. "Don't worry, you're going to have a great time! It might seem like a lot right now, but I promise, I won't work you to the bone."

"I guess you can say I'm a bit apprehensive," Namjoon shrugs. "I'm lucky your boss just took your word for how 'great' of an employee I am. I don't even have a formal education. At best, I just read all of the books your grandfather had given me in my free time."

"Don't stress yourself over small details like that, Namjoon," you frown. "Sure, in order to have a well-paying job, most people need to have a master's and sometimes even a graduate's degree. But at the same time, those degrees don't define who you are. You know, some of the richest people in the world who founded the biggest companies were college dropouts - some didn't even go to college!"

"That's true," the older male nods in thought.

"Namjoon, I know who you are and I think you're one of the smartest - if not the smartest - people I've ever met. If it really bothers you, we can enroll you into a university so that you can get a degree," you propose.

"Really? You'll let me do that?" Namjoon beams. Your chest aches a little at the hopeful smile shining brightly on the pack leader's lips. His future and his dreams shouldn't be something he should ask for or be given permission to achieve.

"Who am I to stop you from achieving your personal goals?" you murmur softly, just as you turn your vehicle down a very familiar street.

"Oh, I've always dreamed of going to school and getting my own degree. Maybe I can even get a job once I graduate," he begins to ramble excitedly. You smile happily as you listen to his ambitious plans, and you can't help but think of how proud you'll be when you watch him achieve all of them.

"We can look into enrolling you for the next academic semester since most universities are already halfway into their current semester," you tell the older male as you pull in and park your car in the pack's garage.

"Thank you so much, Y/N. For everything," Namjoon says as he turns to face you suddenly. You freeze when the panther hybrid leans in and plants a quick kiss onto your cheek. "It truly means the world to me."

"N-no need to thank me," you smile as a blush begins to creep up your lips.

"C'mon, let's go tell the pack the good news!" 

♡ ♡ ♡

Happy Monday, my lovely Dalgis! I hope you enjoyed this week's update! 

Question of the Week: Would you rather live in the past or future for one week? 

I think I'd want to live in the past for one week so that I can go back and relive and fix some of the inefficiencies I experienced. For example, if I were to relive this past week, I would definitely start on homework earlier so that I have more time to write, lmao. 

In case you couldn't tell from my answer above, school is already kicking my butt even though it's only been one week 😭 I completely underestimated the amount of work I'll need to put in now that I'm taking my upper division major-related courses. I'm slowly finding a good pace to work at. So hopefully, I can get back to writing on a regular weekly basis in the near future. As of now, I don't think I'll need to postpone any updates for this book, but I'll definitely give you guys a heads up if it ever comes down to it. 

In other news, I need your guys' opinions! I have this really cute picture of Jake from Enyhypen. It's actually a shot from his recent En-log and it just radiates bf material vibes. His face is pretty well hidden in the pictures so I'm really tempted to post it onto my personal Instagram story to see how my locals will react. I don't know if I should do it though 😂 Let me know what you think! 

As always, I hope you're staying safe, happy, and healthy! I love you guys so so much 💖💖

Until next week,
Dalgi Jungoo
🍓

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

661K 18.4K 43
"Life isn't easy. You need to work for your happiness" BTS ot7 x reader.(OC) Soulmates au! Alternative universe! Started 2020.12.20 Completed 2021.0...
283K 10.6K 52
au where a boy falls in love with another through online messaging. all rights reserved. started: July 16, 2016 completed: September 10, 2016
7.2K 415 20
"I loved you then, and I still love you. The question is, do you love me?" Where Taehyung and Jimin are officially dating and Jungkook is in love wi...
59.4K 2K 35
I didn't mean to fall in love but you made it so easy. ------------------- Taehyung x Reader AU Started: February 25, 2018 Ended: April 4, 2018 Β©icri...