The Villainess Will Obey Her...

By hermione19sep

Previously known as- The Villainess Won't Back Down In her previous life, Selene lived in hell, and when she... More

Waking Up As The Villainess (Prologue+ Ch 1)
Chapter 3 Mana Awakening
Chapter 4 The Library
Chapter 5 Musical Nostalgia
Chapter 6 Change
Chapter 7 Escaping the Danger
Chapter 8 Contracting a Sword or a Dragon?
Chapter 9 Crystals
Chapter 10 A New Teacher
Chapter 11 Penalty Vow
Chapter 12 Slave boy
Chapter 13 Seventh Ancient Language
Chapter 14 A Recruit
Chapter 15 Making a New Friend
Chapter 16 Capturing a Guild
Chapter 17 Weekly Dinner
Chapter 18 Engagement
Chapter 19 Anna's Past
Chapter 20 Caught Red-handed
Chapter 21 Amidst the Darkness
Announcements!
Ch 22 Henriette's Woe

Chapter 2 Meeting with Two Gods

1.6K 61 4
By hermione19sep

"I have brought her my lady" Ava said.

"Okay, you are excused"

Ava went out and closed the door behind her. The moment she closed the door behind her, Anna ran towards her with sparkling eyes and hugged her tightly.

"Milady, you woke up!" She squealed in happiness.

Selene who was not used to people suddenly hugging her was taken aback.

"I just heard you woke up and was about to come to you, when Ava called me, you don't know how worried I was, when you weren't waking up after so long blah blah blah....."

"Um, how long was I out?" Selene asked curiously.

"Huh, milady doesn't know? Didn't Ava tell you?"

"No, she didn't get the chance to tell me that,anyway how long was I out?"

"You were out for two whole weeks! Even the doctor didn't know what happened to you; everyone was so worried about you."

Selene's eyebrow rose in surprise; she knew that that the original owner had passed out because of fever, but remaining unconscious for so long just because of fever was kind of absurd.

"Well, I am awake now, am I not? Anyways I called you to ask you about something."She said putting her doubts aside .

"Waah, my lady wants to ask me." Anna exclaimed dramatically.

"I am thinking about dismissing all my maids except you." she said looking over to see her reaction.

"B-but milady, how will they do without their jobs?" Anna asked with downcast eyes.

"They will only be dismissed from their positions as my personal maids; they will continue to work as regular maids in the estate, so are you up for it ?" Selene asked.

"Don't worry milady, you haven't seen what I am capable of yet." Anna said proudly. Anna didn't know why her lady had taking this decision, she only knew one thing and that was to serve her life savior well.

Though Selene wasn't sure about her skills; it didn't matter much to her since she had picked Anna only because of her loyalty towards Selene in the novel .Now that the first step for changing her future is done, she should plan her next moves and for that she has to first list out all the information she remembers from the novel.

"Very well, your first task as my personal maid is to bring me a quill, ink pot and paper." She said.

"Right away my lady." She scurried off to find the materials.

*********

Selene finished writing all the things she remembered from the novel. It has been a while since she had read that cursed book so she had to jog her memories to remember all the information needed. At last the list of all the important points were complete.

There are seven main love interests for the heroine Rosaline in the book, Selene in the novel was engaged to one of them who happened to be the male lead prince Augustus de Magnus.

The villainess who was in love with her fiancé was furious to see the man who was so indifferent to her, be so smitten with the heroine.

But that wasn't the only reason why the villainess hated the heroine with so much passion, Selene in the novel worked very hard to gain her father's love after her mother's tragedy but she couldn't get what she wanted. So she hated Rosaline who did nothing but was still cherished by her cold father.

Yes, the heroine was adopted by the one and only Duke Clypeus,when the villainess was 12 year old. The year when the villainess got engaged with the male lead. Which means that there is only one year left for her to be engaged and for the heroine to arrive.

Selene sighed thinking about her bleak future, she has to somehow avoid her death flag,since she has been given a chance to live a good life and she has to use it properly. She has to first make herself capable enough to protect herself from the male leads and the doom that the heroine can bring to her.

Selene hoped that her talent for magic was good enough to defend against the male leads, even though it was mentioned that the villainess' magic was good she couldn't underestimate the buffs given to the male leads by the author.

After all the villainess was defeated by them in the novel . It would have been much better if she had reincarnated as a side character who had no worries.

Knock knock.

"Milady?" Anna called.

"Come in." Selene said.

Anna came in inside.

My lady, it's time for your bath." "Bath?"
"Yes, I am going to show milady my capabilities as your personal maid, shall I go and prepare it?" Anna asked with her eyes lit up with determination.

" Yes, please do"

20 minutes later

'Ah, this is heaven...... I guess a villainess also has her own benefits' Selene thought.

Currently she is in the bathtub, being pampered by Anna. In her past life she couldn't even dream of such treatment. Selene discovered that despite being just 15 years old Anna was an expert, at least at giving massages. She knew which ingredients to use to make a such simple necessity as bath so luxurious.

'I guess I can get used to this.' She thought as she sunk in pleasure.

.

.

.

After the bath, Anna dried her hair.
"My lady, will you be eating your dinner in your room ?"
"I won't be eating dinner tonight." Selene said. After the whole reincarnation thing, she had no appetite.

"B-but milady has not eaten properly for days, please at least something." Anna said worry written all over her face.

Selene looked at her Anna's pleading face, she didn't have the heart to refuse her. So she told Anna to bring her a bowl of soup and some bread.

After the dinner Anna excused herself so that Selene could sleep.
As Selene lied on the bed, a sudden wave of drowsiness hit her and she fell asleep immediately.
.
.
.
Selene woke up and scanned her surroundings, apparently she was standing in a space with absolutely nothing except two guys standing in front her.

#1

#2

The blonde- haired guy looked like he was about to cry , the white haired guy on the other hand had an irritated expression on his face. Selene and the two weird guys stared at each other for long time.

"So... Who are you two and where am I?"Breaking the silence, she asked. Selene who was supposed to be peacefully sleeping on her new soft and comfortable bed, was bewildered to find herself in an unknown space which had nothing but the two men staring at her.

" I am Sortis, the god of Fate" the white-haired guy introduced himself.

" You are God of fate? Like The God of fate? " she asked,her right eyebrow arched.

"Yes, that is correct."Sortis said.

" And he is?" she asked pointing to the blond- haired guy who was drowning himself in some unknown misery.

"This idiot here is Auries, the god of rebirth."Sortis introduced the blonde, grabbing him by the scruff.

"God of rebirth?" Selene had never heard of such god.

"Well, he takes the souls from the reapers and delivers them to their next life but looks like he does not need his job anymore." Sortis said while glaring at Auries.

"T-this is the last time I promise-" Auries said with teary eyes.

"We both know how much worth that promise is." Sortis said cutting off.

Auries averted his eyes guiltily.

"So.... what do two gods want from me?" Selene asked.

"You start." Sortis ordered Auries.

"W-well you see I kind of messed up your life...." Auries said scratching the back of his head.

"By messing my life you mean?" Selene asked.

"By that he means that he made a stupid mistake which made your life or should I say fate go off track." Sortis said.

" How?"

" You see, all the souls from all the worlds have an identification number. By all souls I mean each and every soul that has ever existed. Some souls even have 15 digit long number as their identification number."

" Fifteen digits?! That's a lot of souls, I wonder how many other planets are there like Earth to accommodate so many souls. " Selene mused.

" Yes, that's why I -." Auries started.

" That doesn't excuse you for your blunders, and this is not the first you made such a mistake either." Sortis said cutting off.

Auries shut his mouth again.

"So as I was saying that there are many souls which we gods have to handle , this idiot here mixed up a pair souls because of their almost identical identification numbers. One of the souls was yours. Since the identification number is the thing we use to identify and attach almost everything to a specific soul, everything you were supposed to get got exchanged with the other soul. Unfortunately the soul you exchanged with was to be attached with a not-so-good fate because of its misdeeds in its past life ..... Actually you were meant to have a very good life."

For the first time Selene felt so insignificant in her whole life. She couldn't believe that just because of a number her whole life which was supposed to be good became the worse than hell for her.

"Well you got another life to make up for it, I put in a lot of effort to arrange that for you." Auries piped in, hoping that the dark aura she was radiating would dissipate.

"Yeah a villainess' life, such a great life, I'm really grateful." she snapped.

A villainess role is the most disadvantaged role. In some novels the villainess is just used as a cannon fodder for the heroine and in others she is just there to make the heroine more highlighted.

Not to mention the one she got (Selene de Clypeus's role) was the worst of all. She had a father and brother who hated her, her mother had disappeared and the servants she had secretly plotted against her and back-stabbed her.

Even her fiancé who she fell in love with, came to hate her. Though the villainess life was not as painful as Selene's previous life it was still pretty bad.

"W-well, how about a wish? Auries proposed, trying to appease Selene.

"A WISH? You ruin my first life, give me another crappy life and then you want to compensate me with a wish ?" Selene was boiling with anger ,which was pretty surprising considering that she was pretty good at keeping her emotions in check. It was just that the guy was taking ruining her whole life too lightly.

"Th-then h-how about th-three no f-f-four wishes? Th-that my limit." Auries asked shrinking far away from her in case she was still not satisfied and starts to yell at him again.

'Four should be enough' she thought, satisfied. She knew that she was being a bit evil , scaring the wits out of the poor god who was still whimpering from her glare. But she was in front of the person who ruined her whole life just because of just one mistake of his.

Since her first life was messed up, she has to ensure that her second life doesn't. Also the second life she got wasn't an ordinary one either, it was a villainess' with death flags at every step, so more the cheats she gets out of him the better. Besides it was not her fault that he was a pushover. It would be a waste to not take advantage of it.

" Hmm, Four are fine." Selene said with a straight face, not showing a single hint her happiness of hitting a jackpot.

"Really?! Thank you so much!!" Auries face lit up, relief and flooded in his face instantly.

Ugh, the light was blinding was her, a god's beauty really can not be underestimated. She could see sparkles and flowers blooming in the background.

"Alright let's discuss about the wishes ." she said before Auries aura purifies all the dark thoughts she had in her head.

"Okay, so what do you want? You can ask for anything you want as long as it is not unreasonable." Auries said after wiping tears of happiness from his eyes.

"I just want something which will help me avoid all the death flags planted in the villainess life. Since you couldn't afford to give me a trouble-free life."

"How about a status scanner?" Sortis suggested.

"What's that?" Selene had never heard about any cheat like that.

" A status scanner gives you the basic information about any one or anything in front of you. It is very helpful especially in unexpected dangerous situation. I have a feeling you will need it a lot."

"Well it does sound good, after all other than Selene Clypeus' memories I have no knowledge about the new world I am in." Selene agreed.

"And the second wish?" Auries asked while noting down her first wish on a notepad Selene didn't know where he got from.

Selene looked over to Sortis expectantly, hoping he would suggest another cool ability for her to get.

Sortis sighed and said " I suggest the ability to speak and understand different languages including the beast language. It will be useful in future."

"Sure If you say it will be useful, I guess it will. The more weird abilities the better I guess."

In fact Selene was quite fascinated with languages in her previous life, she knew how to both speak and write 6 languages. So getting the ability to understand languages of her new world without having to actually learn them all over again is seemed pretty good.

" And the third?" Auries asked.

Before Selene could turn to Sortis again, he said flatly "Decide yourself."

"Hmm... 'What could guard her against any danger around her?' then she got it. - How about mind reading ?This way I will know if any of the protagonists suddenly wants to kill me."

" Are you sure about this? I don't think you are the type of person who would enjoy hearing people's thoughts all day long."

" That could be easily fixed, just give me the ability to hear a person's thoughts only when I want to. " She said.

"But then it will be a high level wish...." Sortis muttered.

" What's a high level wish? Anyways it shouldn't be that hard to grant such a simple wish, should it? Moreover this is the first wish I want that you didn't suggest."

Sortis was about to say no, when Auries suddenly jumped in.

" Very well, it will be done, right Sortis ? Auries asked in a different tone.
For some reason, Sortis's ears turned red, he coughed slightly and said " Okay, since I am in a good mood I will do it."

Selene noticed that the atmosphere between the two gods had changed, but didn't mind since her main wish had been granted.

" So, since I granted your unaccommodating wish,how about in return you leave your fourth wish for us to decide? " Sortis asked.

"Do I have a choice?" Selene asked.

"No, you don't. Don't worry it won't go waste." Sortis said smilingly his eyes showing no signs of changing his mind.

"Fine, do what you want." Selene sighed. She couldn't risk him being displeased with her. 'Stingy ,Miser, pinch penny- '

"I can hear that you know- Sortis said scowling- anyway since all the wish making stuff is over , I guess now its time for you to go back."

"Yeah,I almost forgot about that." Selene realized.

"Well then, I hope you enjoy yourself."

"I hope so too." Selene giving the two gods a meaningful look.

" If I were you I would brace myself for pain after waking up."

" Huh what? What do you mean- " But Selene couldn't finish as her surrounding started to spin and before she knew it she fell into darkness.

If you liked this chapter hit the⭐ button on the right top corner(pc) or the left bottom corner (app) and comment your thoughts too! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

280K 5.9K 33
WATTPAD BOOKS EDITION You do magic once, and it sticks to you like glitter glue... When Johnny and his best friend, Alison, pass their summer holid...