PJO Oneshots

By ArCS_1184

This is a oneshot sort of book... There will be crossovers Mortals meet demigods... A bit of romance... I... More

Author's Note
Solangelo
Cecil and Jessica
The Tangled Prank
Solangelo 2
A/N
Undercover

Thaluke

41 3 0
By ArCS_1184

This happens after the war.

. Oh, one more thing...

. The text in this font is Thalia's dream..

.And the ones in this font are the opinions of Thalia and all that... Like not a part of the dream... Hope it's not confusing..

.

.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thunder rumbled in the night sky and rain poured down heavily on the small makeshift shelter the three demigods had built. Someone screamed. A small torch lit up the room and a boy with blonde hair and blue eyes with a scar less face came into view.

Thalia's heart sank. She knew exactly what this was. A stupid flashback. She remembered that night clearly. She should have seen the signs. She could have helped him. But she had to turn into a tree. Thalia focused on the dream and what it was showing her.

"Luke! Please don't Luke! We're family! Don't leave!!" The younger Thalia gasped out. "I'm here, Thalia. That was just a nightmare. I'm here. I'll always be here. It's okay. Open your eyes. See? I'm here. You're here. And our little Annabeth is here too." The younger Thalia sobbed into Luke's arms for a while. She wiped her tears and looked at him. "I saw you. But not you. You left us. You said sorry and just left. You had a scar on your face. You were about to kill Annabeth! And your eyes.. They were golden! I'm scared Luke... Will you.. Will you ever leave us?"

Thalia should have seen the hesitation on his face. The look of familiarity on his face. She knew he had been having those dreams too. But she had known it only after he'd turned sides. Her younger self refused to believe her Luke would do those things.

"I would never! As long as you're by my side, I'll never hurt anyone. I'll never turn bad. And I'll never, ever, hurt you or Annabeth." He said after a pause. But his voice was firm. Thalia was glad to hear it. She snuggled closer to him and wiped her tears. "I hope we'll always be together, Luke. I don't want the dream to become the reality." "Neither do I, Thals... We'll always be together." Luke threw an arm around Thalia's waist and Thalia sank further into him.

Thalia knew exactly what was going to happen next. The part of her that was a Hunter, wanted to leave, shut her eyes or do something to prevent 'that' from happening. But another part, the part who still loved Luke wanted to experience it one more time. Then again, there was a part of her that didn't want her broken heart to get excited. He was gone. Forever. Tears threatened to spill from her eyes.

"Luke?" Thalia looked out at the thunder. "What if they find us? My 'scent' will attract both Gods and monsters. I'm the one who is bringing them to you.. Maybe I should leave.. But what if something happens to me and I lose you both? I want to protect you. But I don't know what to do.. I'm scared, Luke. Being a demigod sucks... Not even your parents want you." Thalia's eyes held unshed tears. Thunder rumbled louder outside and for a moment, Thalia hoped it was her father showing that he's listening. That he wants her. She was just a twelve year old kid who had to deal with monsters everyday. Without help from the so called gods. From her own father.

"I can't say I know how you feel. You must be feeling conflicted and confused. We all are at some levels. So what if those Gods don't want us? We still have ourselves. And as long as I'm here.. I'll protect you. And I know you'll protect me too. You'll figure out how to use your powers better and you can strike down those monsters with your lightning. And don't forget.. You're amazing with your spear already. I'll cover you, both in battle and in life. Forever." Luke wiped away tears that escaped. After a slight pause, he leaned in. For the first time, she felt Luke's warm and soft lips against hers. They had kissed each other on the cheek and on the forehead. But this was special. Thalia knew. She kissed him back without hesitation. She had always loved him and she knew that he is the only one she will ever love.

Luke took Thalia's legs and made her sit on his lap. The kiss got more intense and deep. She wanted him to know how much she loved him and Luke wanted her in his arms, forever. The sky responded for her. It rained only a few drops but the lightning and thunder increased. Almost in rhythm to her heartbeat. They parted and sat there in silence, their foreheads against each other...

Thalia watched on, as her younger self blushed furiously at Luke's smile. She saw them kissing once more. It certainly hadn't been the last. She smiled as she saw Annabeth stirring from her sleep.

Thalia and Luke looked at the bundle in the corner. Annabeth slowly got up and walked over to them. She rubbed her eyes and plopped down on Thalia's lap. Luke chuckled at her behaviour. "What is it Annabeth?" Thalia asked, combing her beautiful curls away from her forehead. "Nightmare." She replied. Thalia and Luke shared a look. Could it be the same nightmare? She wondered.

"What did you see?" Luke asked. "I don't remember. But I saw a boy. He had black untidy hair and sea green eyes. I don't remember much about him though." She scrunched up her eyebrows and put her hands on her forehead, trying to recall the nightmare. "Oh" she said suddenly, deflating from her hunched up pose and blushing furiously. "I kissed him." Thalia and Luke looked flabbergasted at that. Then, they laughed till they had tears flowing down their cheeks. Their worries were forgotten; it seemed, all they needed was a good laugh, and a little bit of love. Annabeth huffed at them. Luke turned all serious and said, "You'd better bring him home first, young lady. I expect a proper introduction." Then burst out laughing again.

Thalia playfully shoved him a bit and Annabeth stuck her tongue out at him. "Where did you kiss him?" Luke asked. "Here?" Then he kissed Thalia's cheek. "Or here?" Then he kissed Thalia on her lips. "Ewwww" Annabeth said as she covered her eyes and Thalia blushed hard. Luke himself had a blush on his face. Annabeth peeked out from behind her hands. "Cheek. But stop the kisses." Annabeth replied. Luke began chuckling. "Why? Don't you like seeing your father loving your mother?" He had a cheeky grin on his face and Thalia couldn't stop blushing. "As long as you're the father and she's the mother." Annabeth replied after giving it a thought.

They both smiled cheekily and turned to Thalia. "Humph! Like father, like daughter." She then stuck her tongue out at them. Luke and Annabeth just chuckled at that. "Sleep," said Thalia. "It's almost dawn." "Yes mom!" Annabeth went to the corner and grabbed her sheets. "But I'm sleeping with you." That was how they slept from then on. Annabeth between Luke and Thalia, as they entwined their hands, smiling at Annabeth, hoping for normal dreams. Even after the worst outcomes of the day, bloody or injured, they didn't care. As long as they had each other, that's what mattered.

Thalia saw the various moments she shared with Luke passing by in a blur. The moments when they kissed, hugged, when they simply held hands, the time when Luke disguised them as adults and snuck into a diner with Annabeth as their child. Luke consoling her that he'll never disappoint her like Hercules did after her fight with Nightshade. Him sneaking ice creams into their shelter. She laughed and cried at those memories. She wanted to escape. This was torture for her. She couldn't remember him. Not now. But she felt like she was trapped. She loved him too much for this to stop. She wanted to see more, but she was afraid of what she might see. Then, a specific memory popped up. Turning into that tree. Exactly what she feared.

Thalia didn't feel anything. She just fell on the ground. She saw Luke running towards her. She heard him call her name. She saw Luke, injured and blood dripping down his body, putting up a fight with the cyclopes. No, she felt that. Her eyes had closed on their own. Only darkness surrounded her. But she could still feel what was happening. Luke's leg gave away. The cyclops raised their clubs to deliver the final blow. Thalia tried to save him. To do something. But her efforts were in vain. Suddenly, a bright light covered the grounds. The cyclops disintegrated. Luke turned towards her, a smile on his face. But that dropped the second he saw her body.

He went hysterical. He kept on repeating, "No! Not you! Please no.. No.. NO!!" He tried hitting the tree. He cried. He screamed. At the Gods. At the monsters. At the Fates. He screamed her name. When he took the sword on the ground to cut open the trunk, Grover stopped him. Grover was crying. "St-stop." sniff "She- she... That tree is a part of her soul. The damage you do to the tree, happens to her." Luke slumped down. He was still shaking with sobs. "I failed. I let you die for me. I told you I'd protect you. I promised you. I'd die a thousand different horrible deaths for you. But you- You're just gone now. Please come back. Come back. Annabeth will be waiting. I want to see your smile.. I want to see you.. Please!! At least for one last time. Please.. Please!! Come back... COME BACK TO ME!!!" He said between sobs. He collapsed on the ground after crying for a while.

Grover and a few satyrs took Annabeth and Luke to infirmary. But the moment Luke opened his eyes, he rushed to the tree. He stayed there for a whole week. He just sat there, his back against the tree, crying and beating himself up about what happened. Chron gave him time to grieve. Thalia suspected that Chiron knew how they felt about each other from Luke's behaviour. He would eat a few fruits the nymphs brought for him. The satyrs would bring him sandwiches and other food, but he barely touched them. Thalia wanted nothing more than to be by his side. But sadly, she felt trapped and rooted to the place.

On the 8th day, Chiron personally talked him into eating and Thalia was grateful for that. Gradually, Luke spent more and more time with others. He practiced day and night. He mastered his sword. And Thalia was happy at the progress. And every night, Luke came to the tree and slept next to it. And some nights, when she couldn't sleep, Annabeth also visited her. Then she'd see Luke and they both would sleep next to her tree. The campers often found them in the morning, tangled in the roots of the pine tree, Luke smiling as he held on to a root, and Annabeth mumbling something about missing her mother.

Thalia felt her cheeks getting wet. She touched her cheek. Tears, she realised. She remembered the Aphrodite cabin gossiping that Luke and Annabeth being attracted to each other because they found them at the Tree. She laughed at that. The only feeling Annabeth had for Luke was friendship. Not romantic ones as the others thought. And the reason she kept the 'parent' thing a secret from Percy was because they still weren't that close. But after his 16th birthday, the day of their underwater kiss, she had told him all about those days. Percy laughed about how jealous he had gotten over the love and trust Annabeth gave Luke. Thalia smiled. At least she's with her soulmate, Thalia thought. Memories went fast forward in her head.

Every night,when Luke came to her tree...

Luke stealing the beads at the end of each year and making her a necklace and tying it on one of the branches...

Annabeth and Luke playing or practicing near her tree..

And so on till..

Luke leaving for his quest..

Returning with a scar that almost broke her heart. She hated herself for not being able to be there with him...

Luke confessing that he had started hearing the whispers in his head when they were still on the run. Whispers from the Lord of Time, predicting the horrible future they had if they didn't follow him. And the recent whispers that she was dead and that Zeus was just mocking Luke with that tree. And she, unable to even send him a message to ignore them. Not being able to say she's still alive... Not being able to be there with him...

The boy Percy appearing at camp and Annabeth taking care of him. Luke came that night and said, "I think the guy's here. Do you think she'll introduce us as her parents? I wish she does. I think he's got potential. Even the Lord of Time is vary of him. I just hope they'll live a long life." She couldn't do anything but just stand there, a small sad smile on her face.

"I'm sorry. You're this way because of those Gods. I'll help topple their thrones and I'll free you Thals. Wait for me." That was the last thing Luke said to her before leaving the light. She missed his company for almost a year.

"I'm sorry Thals. This will hurt. But, there's no other way. I promise, after this, we can be together." Luke said, his hands on the trunk of her tree. "Poison the stupid tree already!" An impatient voice said from the shadows. A demigod she hadn't seen before. Luke grabbed his collar and lifted him in the air. "This is NOT a stupid tree." Luke said in a warning tone. He let the demigod go. The demigod ran from the clearing. Luke cried all night.He placed his hand on the trunk. She could feel the heat from his hand. She placed her hand on his, with a thick tree trunk between their hands. "Are you there, Thals? Can you hear me? Will you come to me? When all this is over? It can be just like the old days.. Without the monsters, of course.." He then broke down crying. Just before dawn, he injected something into the tree and left, still crying.

She only remembered pain as the poison spread through her. She was heartbroken because of what Luke had done. She didn't want to believe that her Luke would do this to her. Her worst nightmares were becoming reality.

The memories again went in fast forward mode. Till the conversation they had before the Second Titan War.

"Thalia! You don't understand! This might be the last time you'll see me." Her heart sank at that. "I'll see you in war, boy." Thalia spat at him. "You will not. That's what I'm saying. He will use me as a Stepping stone. Come with me. Let's run away. Together. Just like the old days. Please, Thals. Please. Just come with me." "And Annabeth?" Luke looked down. "She refused to come." "Why do you think she did?" Luke remained silent. "You promised me, Luke. You said you'd never go to the bad side." "I know.." he replied. "Leave. Before I call the rest of the Hunters." He looked up and asked, "Why did you become a Hunter, Thals?" He asked. For a moment, Thalia was speechless. "Because I realised it too late that boys are just liars and that I should never trust them. Zoë was right. You did disappoint me." Luke looked heartbroken. "I came tonight because I trespassed somewhere I shouldn't have gone to and it almost cost my life. You and Annabeth were my lifelines. So I just had to see you one last time. Good bye for ever." He turned around and left. Thalia could have sworn she heard a 'love' at the end of his sentence.

She had confessed to Percy. That she'll never be able to face Luke. Thankfully, Kelp head understood. The next time she met him was after Kronus had taken control of his body. And after that, after he'd.... died.... Her memories stopped on the moment she walked into the Throne Room of Olympus.

"Percy?" Thalia looked at the leader of Camp Half Blood. His face was sullen. "Sorry Thals.." He looked at a heap on the ground. Her weapons fell from her hands. She was vaguely aware of Percy and Aphrodite shooing the Gods out of the room. When it was just Thalia and Luke's cold body, she broke down. She held his body and cried. She couldn't form any words. She kissed his forehead, cheeks and held his arms between hers. A ghost of a smile was placed firmly on his face. Her tears mingled with both their blood. She sat there and cried for hours. Artemis came in and placed a hand on her shoulder. She looked up. Artemis gave a strained smile and then left. Annabeth had been standing in the corner. When Thalia beckoned her over, she came and sat down next to her. "Thalia, it's almost midnight. We should go. You need sleep." Annabeth said. "Sleep.." Thalia murmured and laid down next to Luke's cold body. "Just one last time." Thalia whispered. Annabeth burst into tears. That night, they slept together, the way they used to. For the last time. The next morning, the Fates came and took him while the girls were sleeping.

Thalia wiped her tears. Sleeping next to a corpse was kinda creepy. She laughed and cried at the same time. She missed Luke. She missed those days when all she had to worry about was nightmares and monsters; but she had both Luke and Annabeth by her side. But she knew, things will never be the same again... Her world had collapsed that day. She was still broken. She felt as if she was just a half of a whole. She knew she wouldn't be whole again.. At least, not until after her death. When Artemis asked her what she needed on her funeral as a joke, she told her that she didn't want to be in the stars like Zoë, just a normal burning of the shroud was enough. Artemis gave her a sad smile that said, 'I know why you asked for that.'

The last memory that appeared surprised her. The Giant War and both of them fighting together. She smiled a bit. His entry had been nice.

"It's too much! There are more monsters than campers! Retreat!" somebody yelled above the chaos. "Not so fast!" came a cry of someone she'd never heard before. A 16 year old boy came charging with reinforcements. Even though Thalia had never seen that boy before, she knew the aura. "Bianca?" The boy looked at her and said, "Looking good sis! Will talk after the fight!" and ran off into the hordes of monsters.

Thalia took out her spear and tried her best to drive the force back. "Need help?" Annabeth came and stood by her side. "Percy?" She questioned. "With Leo." she said, stabbing a hellhound. "Dirt face is the target." Thalia hummed in reply and got engaged in a fight with an empousa. Suddenly, the empousa burst into monster dust and a voice said, "Seems like the father's missing. Oh wait... He's right here." Out stepped Luke and he gave a grin. Thalia didn't know what to do.

First Bianca. Now, Luke. She turned around and saw Nightshade, Castor, Lee, Silena (who was being tackled to the ground by Clarisse), Beckendorf, Ethan, Michael, a few other Apollo kids, satyrs, nymphs, naiads and previous Hunters and Amazonians. They were all actively participating in the war. She must have been the only one standing as still as a tree. She looked back at Luke who effortlessly killed two cyclops. When Luke turned back to face Thalia, she punched him in his stomach. "I think I deserved that. But I also deserve a kiss. Don't I?" He asked, his cheeky smile still on his face. Annabeth hugged him and Luke said, acting surprised, "My daughter's all grown up!" Annabeth laughed slightly and said, "Yeah Dad! I am." They hugged once more and parted.

"You're a terrible flirt, Luke." Thalia said as she sliced a Karpoi. Annabeth agreed. Luke chuckled. All three of them fought together for a while. Annabeth caught Luke up on everything that happened. Even Tartarus and Percy's nosebleed. But after a while, Annabeth went to Percy's side.They saw Leo's sacrifice. After she left, the air around them felt different. Luke would save her time and time again and at times, refused to let go of her arms, waist and always lingered close by. He would kill any monster that reached near them. So Thalia took out her bows and arrows.

As Luke covered for her, she began raining arrows on other monsters. But at one point, they both fell on the ground. Luke on top of her. "Get up." She said. "Why should I?" He countered back. "I'm a Hunter of Artemis. Inappropriate behaviour towards me will result in a fate worse than death." She said. He laughed a cold, maniacal laugh. "I come back from the dead and yet, I can't even touch you. I can't feel your hand in mine, I can't kiss you. I can't even hug you! You're so close yet so far away. I just want you in my arms again, Thals. But I can't. I'm dead and you're a Hunter of Artemis. The Fates are cruel, aren't they?"

Thalia could see the sadness in his eyes. She knew hers would also reflect the same sadness and pain that she saw in his. His eyes searched hers for confirmation. To Hades with being a Hunter. She wanted this. She wanted to feel his hands, warm and soothing on hers. She wanted his hugs and kisses. She wanted to be his. To be in his arms again. For ever. She nodded. He leaned in. And was interrupted by a camper yelling, "Hey, get up! I've been covering for you guys for a while. Get up and help!"

They fought. Luke did most of the work for them. The camper, a child of Ares, left soon after they got up; so the tension between them seemed to be even more thicker than what it was just minutes ago. Somehow, his gaze turned her legs into jelly and she loved that feeling. And her smile did wonders on him. Each time she smiled at him, he would almost melt. Thalia teased him between their fight. They would keep up the friendly banter between them, hold hands and destroy monsters together. "Not bad for a first date after resurrecting from the dead." Luke grinned playfully at her. She laughed along with him and said, "Hmm.. maybe.. But I need more monsters to kill." Luke grinned, a mischievous one at that and said, "I thought the lady would never ask!"

The war ended soon with Percy dealing the final strike. Somehow, all monsters just burst into monster dust a second before Gaea's death. "Couldn't he just do that earlier?" Beckendorf asked. "Personally, I won't complain." Luke said, hugging Thalia from behind. Thalia felt her cheeks flush. Beckendorf looked at Silena, who was busy catching up with Clarisse. She had a huge smile on her face and she looked radiant. "Ya.. I think I won't either." He said and walked towards his old cabin mates.

Just as they caught their breath, Luke yelled, "Thalia!" She saw him dissolving into the light. He was fading. "No. no. no. no. no. NO!! I lost you once I can't-" Only his head and torso remained and they were getting lighter by the second. "Thalia!" Luke clutched her hands, panic on his face and said, "I've always wanted you to know. You are-" Before he could finish his words, however, he dissolved into mist. Thalia sank on the ground and cried her heart out.

However, she was not alone. Everyone who gained and lost their loved ones in that hour cried their hearts out. Different cabins mourned death- both old and new. Even satyrs, nymphs and naiads were grief stricken. But Thalia could only think of one person. Her Luke.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Coz She woke up ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'~~

Thalia sat upright in bed. Her whole body was shivering. There were still wet patches on her cheeks. Her vision was blurry. Then, Jason's face came into her view. "Thals? Are you okay? You kept on mumbling and screaming about Luke." She was glad that she decided to sleep with her brother and father the night before. She didn't want to think of the consequences this would have caused in Artemis's cabin. Zeus's face appeared right next to Jason's. His face was grim.

She told them what happened. Jason was awestruck by the love she still had for the son of Hermes. "B-but you are a Hunter!" he said. "Do you know why I stayed with the Hunters even after the prophecy got fulfilled?" Jason shook his head. Zeus said, "I do." And smiled at his daughter. A sad smile.

"Why?" Jason questioned. "Because she knows. No matter how hard she tries, she'll never find anyone better than Luke. Or even someone like him. He was her soulmate." Zeus replied, the sad smile still on his face. Jason's face turned grey. "Does Artemis know?" He asked. "Yes. And so does Percy, Annabeth and Nico. Along with Aphrodite." Jason nodded his head.

"I need to see someone." Thalia took her father's extended hand and shakily stood on her legs. Zeus extended one of his most comfortable robes to Thalia. "You'll be cold." He stated simply. Thalia smiled at her dad, wore the robe and walked towards the infirmary.

She walked in without making a sound. She went to Nico's bed. "I know you're not asleep Neeks." She said. "Oh, it's you Thals." Nico said, opening his eyes from his fake sleep. "I thought it was Apollo coming to check on us. But I did wonder why I didn't see that 'halo' of his." "I need a help Neeks." Thalia said, sitting on the side of his bed. "It's already been a few days after the war and... I want to know what he was about to say. Please?"

~~~~~TIME SKIP~~~~~Kronus Time Ltd~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thalia dozed off while waiting for Nico. However, she did wake up when the boy shadow travelled and stood on her legs. "Ow!" Thalia yelped. "Sorry... And he said, 'You're my everything. You always have been. You always will be. I love you.' So ya.. That's it. I'm not shadow travelling back into Elysium for this again. I told him how you really felt."

"Thank you, Neeks." She pinched his nose, ruffled his hair and said, "Now, go to sleep!" Nico was exhausted after the trip to Underworld. But his powers were replenished. But because of the fatigue, his eyes closed on their own.

She left after she was sure Nico had fallen asleep. She went back to her cabin. The rest of the night, she slept peacefully, with a smile on her face and a heart full of longing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2K 146 57
Just a bunch of one shots of our fellow hero's of Olympus and some mortals meets , jokes , #1 meetpercabeth 12/5/21 1.01k reads 12/11/21 2k reads 01...
5.9K 69 28
Mortals and demigods alike meet our favorite demigods and couples! There may be stories with multiple parts, some where the demigods are gods or the...
346K 5K 58
People meet Percabeth, AU's and a lot of Percabeth oneshots!!! For example Percy's friends meet Annabeth, blind and mute AU's, Calypso's return and m...
686K 9.4K 75
The complete collection of Percy Jackson one-shots. Mostly people meeting our favourite demigods, mortals, Satyrs and more. ~ Most are no mist ~ th...