𝑬𝒉𝒔𝒂𝒂𝒔 𝑬 𝑼𝒍𝒇𝒂𝒕 (�...

By Suhaaana

Some stories to tickle your senses and make you emotional, some stories which were once written on a blank pa... More

❇️❇️❇️Introduction ❇️❇️❇️
Other Books
Beholding Trust: Part 1
Beholding Trust : Part 2
Beholding Trust - Part 3
Beholding Trust - Part 4
Beholding Trust - Part 5
Beholding Trust - Part 6
Beholding Trust - Part 7
Beholding Trust : Part 8
Beholding Trust - Part 9
Beholding Trust : Part 10
Beholding Trust : Epilogue
Afreen🌺 (Discontinued)
Afreen- 🌺Part 1🌺
Afreen 🌺 Part 2 🌺
Afreen 🌺 Part 3 🌺
Afreen 🌺 Part 4🌺
Afreen 🌺 Part 5 🌺
Afreen 🌺 Part 6🌺
Afreen 🌺 Part 7 🌺
Afreen 🌺 Part 8 🌺
Afreen 🌺 Part 9 🌺
Afreen 🌺 Part 10 🌺
Afreen 🌺 Part 11 🌺
Afreen 🌺Part 12🌺
Afreen 🌺 Part 13🌺
Afreen 🌺Part 14🌺
Afreen 🌺Part 15🌺
Afreen 🌺 Part 16🌺
Afreen 🌺 Part 17🌺
Afreen 🌺 Part 18🌺
Afreen 🌺Part 19🌺
Aesthetics- 𝑺𝒉𝒂𝒚𝒂𝒂𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑫𝒖𝒂
Afreen Sneak Peak
Afreen 🌺 Part 20🌺
Afreen : Sneak Peak
Afreen 🌺 Part 22 🌺
Afreen : Sneak Peak
Afreen 🌺 Part 23🌺
Afreen
Afreen 🌺Part 24🌺
Afreen Sneak Peak
Afreen Sneak Peak
Afreen 🌺Part 25🌺
Afreen Sneak Peak
𝐀𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐧 🌺𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 26🌺 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 9, 2024
Afreen Sneak Peak 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 12, 2024
Afreen Snippet (Random Shots)
It's not always about love ✔️
𝑩𝒆𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒅
Consequences of One meeting ✔️
Matched #1
Matched #2
Matched #3
Matched #4
Matched #5
Matched #6
Matched #7
Matched #8
Matched #9
Matched #10
Matched #11
Matched Last Part (A)
Matched Last Part (B)
Matched Last Part (C)
Kashish 🌹Part 1🌹
Ikhlaas Part 1 🌷(Discontinued)
Ikhlaas Sneak Peak
Ikhlaas 🌷Part 2🌷
Ikhlaas Sneak Peak
Ikhlaas 🌷 Part 3 🌷
Ikhlaas Sneak Peak
Ikhlaas 🌷Part 4🌷
Ikhlaas 🌷Part 5🌷
Ikhlaas Sneak Peak
Ikhlaas 🌷 Part 6 🌷
Ikhlaas Sneak Peak
Ikhlaas sneak peak
Ikhlaas 🌷Part 7🌷
Ikhlaas 🌷Part 8🌷
Ikhlaas Sneak Peak
Ikhlaas 🌷Part 9🌷
Ikhlaas Sneak Peak
Ikhlaas 🌷Part 10🌷
Ikhlaas Sneak Peak
Ikhlaas 🌷Part 11🌷
Ikhlaas 🌷Part 12🌷
Ikhlaas Sneak Peak
Ikhlaas 🌷Part 13🌷
Ikhlaas Teaser
Ikhlaas 🌷Part 14🌷
Ikhlaas Sneak Peak
Ikhlaas 🌷Part 15🌷
Ikhlaas Sneak Peak
Ikhlaas 🌷Part 16🌷
Ikhlaas Sneak Peak
Note (February 12, 2024)

Afreen 🌺 Part 21 🌺

4.4K 289 33
By Suhaaana

Afreen

Part 21

The slight disturbance in the atmosphere was contrasting the silence that was prevailed at the main office of the Khan Industries.

The silence on the floor of the CEO was an indication that the boss was in office and the work was going smoothly. There were only three offices located on the twentieth floor of the huge skyscraper. One that belonged to his grandfather was given to the second son of his and now Shayaan's father in law and a newly furnished one for thier heir.

The older office was still used occasionally, whenever zubair would come otherwise he was now used to work from his home office. So, the staff that was hired to help Zubair now reports to Shayaan on the orders of their boss.

Shayaan had been looking over for some investments for the project that would actually establish his image and hold over the region and eventually the province of Shahbaad. He, who had been proud of his achievements as a successful entrepreneur and a youngest businessman didn't knew what it is meant to be as an administrator. He was actually getting moulded into a man who was a replica of what the past Nawab's have been.

The man who would be a successful entrepreneur along with the one who will look after the people and be the nameless politician.

Yes, that's what he was in the making.

He was being getting changed for the people, he was now clearly understanding how he would have multiple roles now. Just not in the namesake.

He had seen many royalties living just for the name nowadays with no actual power with the monarch and he had actually thought like that only, until he was shown the ground reality.

The irony was he wasn't just having a platonic name in the name of royalty otherwise everything and that was what he was getting.

Shayaan had conveniently arranged a meeting with the investor for the initial funding and had arranged for the lunch meeting. He knew that having potential investors would boost the morale of the people, even though the major share would be invested by them.

But the publicity that will come with a foreign name would be worth it. It was his first work here and he was actually having a mixed feeling about this. He was nervous as well as confident enough.

He was looking at the plans when a soft knock made brought him out of his thoughts

"Sir, these are the files you requested." A manly voice handed him the files he had requested. His Zubair chachu has given him full responsibility after he had pointed out the mismatch of the funds and from that moment he had freezed all the funding of all the parties.

"Is everything investigated about the funds?" He asked further.

"Yes sir, my team has included all the important details regarding the party funds. But there is one thing I would like to mention." Shayaan gestured the man to take a seat as the man infront of him gave him the details of the deception of the funds.

"Yes Arham, what is it?"

"Sir, as you said we have thoroughly checked all the payments done in last five years and it is only one party that is given more liberty in the name of funds." Arham proceeded with the details and presented a full details of the money laundering that has been done so far.

"Please Elaborate .." Shayaan's eyes were fixated on the amount as his fingers traced the amount while his attention was all towards his employee's words.

"Sir, the first two years, the funding went according to the government Norms and it went to four of the parties." Arham stated.

"And all these parties always contest for the elections? Am I right" he asked regarding the Major national parties. Even though he was well informed about the political setting of the country.

His father has been pro-active in giving him all the necessary information regarding the economic, political and social scenarios of the country where he was born. Shayaan had a vast knowledge of the political system as the usual debates and general discussions with his father all over the years had gained him a general interest of the same.

"Yes, they are the ones and one of which is the ruling party now and then in the subsequent years, there has been a heavy transfer of the cash in the names of some NGO's and philanthropic work." Arham's words finally made Shayaan know what was going on. There has to be some things going on and he was sure that his family wasn't aware off unless they were the superficial details.

"Give me the details of those NGO's." He asked immediately knowing the dirty sides these NGO's work for.

"Here sir, one of the NGO was opened four years back in the names of the orphans and the widows and that year a huge amount was collected by organizing a charity function." The file read the same and Shayaan looked at the date of the opening he clearly remember that it was six months after the official chief minister was elected.

"Must be a move to come in the eyes of the general public while gaining a personal motive.." he thought.

"Alright.. is there any details how much went to these charities all over the years?" He added as the amount that was written on the papers was not that much that was missing from the official accounts statement.

"Yes, the accounts department has prepared a seperate file for the same." Arham informed his boss. Shayaan looked at the seperate blue file that was kept a little aside and he took the file and looked at the contents of the same.

"But this donation is only of two years that too for the year 2017 and 2018 what about after that." He questioned knowing well that this was going on for some five years already and now when the payment was due for the next year the Mir's weren't sophisticated enough to wait.

Disturbing his staff was one thing but threatening them was another thing that Shayaan couldn't fathom as a result he had asked to open the files for the last five years, digging their own grave.

"Sir, the next year Zubair sir was made the member and there were some legal terms for the members according to which they will have to donate the sum of the money."

"And?" Shayaan's one word was enough for his staff to provide him the detailed information. If one thing that didn't changed between the generations of Khan's was meticulous work.

All of them hated tardiness.

"From last two years, this account has been included in other's where the donations are being done and the accounts department clear the file on the first of every six months of January and June."

Not wanting anymore details, he just dismissed Arham but not before cautioning him.

"Okay, thank you.. you can leave.. thank you for the intensive work Arham. Please make sure that no one should know about the investigation we did."

"Alright sir.."

Shayaan took the files and put them aside to take them home. He would love to read them thoroughly and discuss them with his chachu first and plan then his next move, for the calls he had received for the delayed donation has made his mood sour. And Shayaan Junaid Khan could be a little vengeful when he wanted.

===========

Later that day,

"Sir, Mr. Kabir is here.." Shayaan's personal secretary informed him. Kabir was the chief of the security staff and these days he was guarding his precious wife unknown to her. Shayaan had taken the right steps immediately when Dua had told him about the harrasment. All those days, they spend together, he was diligently working to have some security for her.

Vaguely, he had even informed her but he wasn't sure if she was aware of the same. Dua never talked about that incident after that and he made never to put any excessive pressure on her. They already had enough for them.

"Alright, send him in.."

A man in his early forties entered, dressed in a black suit. He was lean but was moderately built towering at a height of six three. If anyone would look at him, they would know that he wasn't some ordinary man. Kabir has been working for him for last fifteen years. For Shayaan he was the most trusted. The man who had saved his father from a sudden and an unprepared attack.

Although he was more than a decade older than the youngest Khan heir but never he was disrespectful towards Shayaan.

"Take a seat Kabir," Shayaan asked him almost immediately. When he had asked him to see him in person, Kabir had politely asked his boss to reschedule the meeting after two hours as he was still have duty of warding the younger Mrs. Khan.

"Thank you sir,"

"Any updates?" Shayaan asked straightforward. Already he had asked his security to gather the information regarding the man in the question. Even he had taken the special permission from the Dean of the university to allow his wife's security.

"Not any major developments sir, No one has approached ma'am till now. Two of the securities, myself and Irfan are there always but we haven't seen any one particular."

"But there is something?" He asked as he gathered that much from the words of his security personnel.

"Yes, there is a group of boys we are suspicious off but none of them have done anything so far. Maybe because ma'am doesn't come often nowadays or whenever she comes it's like she leaves just after the class." He pointed out politely.

The security was asked not to do anything unless and until there is a grave situation. It was already a favor that the university was doing going against the rules and regulations and Shayaan didn't wanted anything that will bring Dua in the lime light.

He know how it could do the futher damage. His wife would not be able to handle the constant stares and talks that would come once the incident would come out. But he clearly know that teasing in a reputed and leading educational institution wouldn't just be possible unless you are way too confident.

Confident that no one touch you.

There would not be any legal action taken against you.

For, he know that how strict the management could be for the safety of the girls in the campus.

"Get me the details of those boys and see if anyone of them has any shady details or high profile family background." He asked knowing that it would just make his work a lot more easy.

"I will get it to you sir."

"And Kabir, I would like to introduce you and Irfan to my wife, so that she can approach you anytime." Shayaan informed his staff.

He didn't want Dua to accuse him of getting her watched, even though he was literally doing the same. He was getting every single detail of her day. Not that it was anything significant until now.

"Alright sir.. I will inform Irfan as well." Kabir responded knowing that it wasn't just him but his colleague as well that the boss wanted to introduce.

"Thank you for the details Kabir.. you may go."

============

Shayaan didn't get any time to discuss the possibility of her meeting with her security staff. He was swamped with nonsensical things like meeting the extended family that had annoyed him to no end.

For him, he could have met them and endured the suspicious eyes and sneers on the D day itself. He was thankful that they were made to reside in the guest rooms that was located outside the main Haveli. Till now he wasn't pleased with the amount of relatives he had encountered.

His work has taken a back seat and along with his time with his wifes. Tired, he entered the Haveli.

"Assalamualaikum," he greeted to the elders who were sitting and sipping the tea that reminded him that he was actually famished.

"Walaikum assalam Shayaan aayen yahan baithen.." his daadajaan replied and diverted his attention towards his grandson. The elder Nawab Begum gestured him to come closer to her and sit.

"Idar aaiye aap, kahan the aap? Jahan tak hamen pata hai you are off from work Shayaan." His grandmother's words made him sigh in utter disdain.

"My father send me to be a tour guide, like I was well versed with the terrains of this place.." the slight annoyance in their hier's voice was enough for his grandfather to question his own son.

"Junaid, yeh Shayaan kya keh rahe hain?"

The eyes of the Naziya and gulufsha were also trained on their respective husband's to hear their clarification. For, both of them know that this was done by them in the capacity to ensure something ulterior.

"Usmaan Chachajaan was boasting about Kamraan and Suhail being better suited for the job (next nawab) Abbajaan.. Aap jaante hain ki wo kaise hain.. isliye Shayaan bheja tha ki wo factories ki location dikha den unhe.." Junaid's cryptic words were enough for the habitants of the haveli that it was nothing but a small display of the power and money that was shown only when it was absolutely necessary, in the moments like this.

Junaid gestured Shayaan to give the full account of what happened.

"Well, I didn't knew that I have to please a bunch of snooty and angry teenager in the garb of men and here I thought I was better suited then that.." his words made the Elders laugh. This was the first time, they were watching an annoyed Shayaan and he wasn't actually coming in the form of finest sarcasm. His face was covered in a slight sneer.

"So did you pleased them son?" His father attempted to question him in the same tone and Shayaan didn't deter to give him back.

"Well I did dad, Rest assured, you will have no complaints, for now they know that they have no chance of even thinking of getting what belongs to the true hier of Nawab Asif Khan.. they may have the same surname as myself but they will not say a word now, but please do inform me beforehand if you have more relatives like these. I would like to be prepared next time." Shayaan's sophisticated words were covered with insult and Aadila Begum for the first time was given a true face of the many facets that her grandson has.

"Aisa kya kiya aapne?" Came a question from his mother.

"Ammi, you can hear from them. I think we will have to bear them for the dinner. They have invited themselves.. and daadijaan please make sure to get a lavish meal prepared." He informed the family.

"Now let me have something.. I am starving.."

Saying so, he left to get freshen up and then have some alone time with his wife.

======

Shayaan was going upstairs when he saw his wife coming down. She was dressed in a blue embroidered suit. Her head was not covered for a change but he could see a little amount of gloominess in her eyes and her face was devoid of any light.

He already knew that she had gone to her university today and what had transpired there but he wouldn't let it out until he was clear of his actions infront of her.

"Aap kab aaye?" She asked as they stopped near the staircase.

"Thodi der ho gayi hai jaan.. would you please heat up the food." He requested politely and she nodded without saying anything.

"I'll just change and come. Shayaan said to his wife." He was already in a dilemma to tell dua about the guards right now. She wasn't in the best of the moods but from what he had known that the situation wasn't what had. Fortunately, he had gotten a hold of the man who was bothering his wife and on top of that his today's encounter with his wife has made him sure that Dua was much stronger than he thought she was.

She had actually threatened the man to complaint to the university and even going to the police authorities. It was much more that he had expected but Dua has surprised him with her stand.

She just nodded and went to the kitchen to prepare some hot rotis for him. It was technically four in the evening and her husband had other commitments as well.

It was few minutes later, Shayaan came with wet hair and dressed in the casuals. He had taken the shortest shower to get rid of the tiredness, which was more of mental than physical.

"Did you eat?" He asked as Dua served him in the small dining in the kitchen itself. It was one the few meals that they shared together on the occasions like these.

"I had an early lunch.", She informed him not having the appetite to have anything. Her mood was too sour to even think of some food right at that moment.

"You mean to say that you had a brunch today? Why? You didn't went to the university?" He asked her.

Although he already know that but he still preferred to ask her. Maybe he could initiate the conversation of him having the security for his wife which was more like stalking unless she knows them. The sooner she knew the sooner he would be free of the guilt of being acting like her stalker.

"Why don't we eat together?" He proposed as she didn't answer him. He noticed that she wasn't responding to him today, it was rare. His wife usually open her floodgates when he would initiate the conversation but today it was different.

Dua stood for sometime looking at him and even she was also a little hungry but the continuous thoughts were circulating her mind making her feel miserable, she finally understood what it is meant to sacrifice. She was getting that she sacrificed herself for the family reputation. The family that didn't even listen to her small demands.

The bitter feeling that she was made to do things just because she was the wife of the next Nawab was gnawing her.

"Jaan are you alright?" Shayaan asked her holding her wrist his one hand cupped her cheek and she nodded numbly.

She looked at Shayaan and chided herself for getting him in between all this. It was her problem, not his.. he was as much affected as she is by their marriage. Finding herself in the web of her thoughts, she looked at the food and thought a little food wouldn't hurt her.

"Let me get myself a plate." She moved away from him.

"Wait, share with me.." Shayaan stopped her.

Dua looked at her husband and then at the time. In the wide daylight he wants to have a little time with her but the timing wasn't appropriate. Anytime anyone could walk over the kitchen. He may be comfortable in displaying the affection but she wasn't.

"Nahi, hum le aate hain.." she just grabbed a plate for herself and settled beside him. Shayaan served her first, not getting his eyes off her.

"She was definitely disturbed and there is some other reason as well," he thought as he gestured her to eat first. But she just played after some two three morsels. Finding no other option he asked her.

"What's wrong love? Aren't you feeling well?" Shayaan caressed her hands as she took her place. Dua smiled forcefully not wanting to burden her husband with more.

"I am fine.." she said and when was about to serve him more, he stopped her and denied her. His wife was appearing moody and he know that something had happened apart what he had gotten to know.

He was already having no qualms in getting his way with that rogue Azeem but Dua's tensed face was making him more tense. He know that Azeem didn't even touched her shadow today but Dua's behaviour was confusing him. More or less she wasn't her usual self. Her smile was totally off from her face, he can even see some lines on her forehead like she was tensed.

"You eat and then we need to talk." His words appeared more like an order and it was then he was refused out right. The irritated voice of Dua made him look at her twice.

It was like a newer experience that his wife denied. She told him that she wouldn't. The girl who always told him anything and everything was denying him and he couldn't help but to feel a little relieved. His wife wasn't a pushover who would be easily defeated.

"Hume nahi karni hai koi baat..," her tone suggested that she was mad definitely not pleased with something. She even left the spoon on the plate making a clinking sound astounding him.

"Fine.." he didn't forced her instead he matched his tone with her and took a spoonful of rice mixed with rice and fed her himself, a little forcefully though.

"Will you atleast eat. I don't want you fainting just because you are careless to even take care of yourself." His words made her eyes wide and she retaliated by not eating with his hands the second time he tried.

She took the spoon from his hands forcefully spilling some of the contents on the pristine table cloth and ate it herself.

"Aapko fikr karne ki zaroorat nahi hai.. hum apna khayal khud rakh lenge.." she spoke a little rudely making Shayaan a bit shocked. He nodded, not finding it offending he instead started eating.

"Very well.. phir aap yeh bhi dhyan rakhengi ki koi bhi aapko pareshaan nahi kar sakta.. no one..", he answered her in a little calming tone but his wife didn't buyed it, instead she asked him what he was thinking from last few minutes, repeating his questions from her own mouth.

"Aapko aisa kyun lag raha hai ki hum pareshaan hai..?" By now she was looking a little aggressive, her cheeks were a little red along with her eyes.

And Shayaan know that this little anger suited his wife more. Not wanting to end this fierce discussion, he stood up and folded his arms and answered his wife in a cool fashion.

"Kyunki aap hain.."

"Nahi hum nahi hain.." her voice went a little higher then usual. She was usually calm but something has triggered the hidden anger that was crackling now with Shayaan's words. Shayaan was a bit shocked at first but her anger was a better vent out system then her tears.

"Dua khana khaiye.." he asked her instead of making her more angry but she pushed her plate and moved away stomping her foot like a child to leave.

"Nahi, hume nahi khana." she was about to leave when the commotion in the well spaced kitchen caught the attention of the elders.

"Yeh kya ho raha hai?" Gulufsha Zubair khan indirectly asked her daughter and instead of getting any reply she was completely ignored.

"Kuch bhi nai Ammi.. hame aapse baat nahi karni hai.."

"Dua.." Gulufsha tried to talk some sense into her married daughter, but Dua had already left leaving the family members thinking what had happened all of a sudden.

"Shayaan beta.." Gul tried to talk to Shayaan more in order to ignore Dua's tantrums but shayaan relaxed her.

"Chachijaan please relax.. it's nothing.. we will sort it out."

****

Do Vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 110 10
My collection of short stories. Mostly plots that keep running in my mind but I can't turn them into fully fledged stories. I don't write other women...
289K 7.8K 58
This is the story of a two people who willingly married each other and make their marriage successful and beautiful. In this story you will see how t...
122K 5K 18
A short story ~°~°~°~°~°~°~° 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒑𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒗𝒊𝒄𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚..... 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝑷𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑮𝒊𝒇...
2.7K 190 8
A collection of short stories ❤️