The Protagonist's Child

By adorablepen

Charlotte Lauren Delovy de Froscheldt. It started when she woke up with that very long name. She realizes tha... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Important Notice
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46

Chapter 10

5K 200 10
By adorablepen

"Sister, thank you for being alive."

I let him cried and lean on my shoulder that night. And it was the first I don't feel unpleasant towards a Froscheldt.

When I heard him not sobbing anymore, I opened up my mouth to ask.

"Why? Why thanking me?" I asked.

It was confusing. My life here is as invisible as the wind, and insignificant as a used toy.

I was abandoned when I was only an infant. A three or 5 days old infant, living alone on an abandoned mansion. If it wasn't for Leione's help, this body won't last this long.

Until now, I'm still asking my existence. Why do I exist here? Or is it even right to call it that I 'exist'? Why do Charlotte need to live to this extent?

But since I experienced worse way back on Earth, this much is nothing, I would say but living the same lives twice is quite troubling.

I ignored the fact that my life won't last long, when death will come at you, it'll come no matter what you do. But, I still want to live my life even though it's short and I'm still helpless.

And this is the other time I feel pleasant for a moment, other than the moments I had with Leione.

And mom..? I guess?

I sighed.

"Don't you wanna escape this place? Shall we runaway?" His voice's still small and cute but his words are way too serious that I can't even take it as a joke.

I smiled. He didn't answer my question.

"If there was a way, I already did that. And if I did escaped this hellhole, where would I go? I don't like uncertainties, but I'm only a child. What can I do outside? I know how cruel the outside world is, I can handle the cruel treatment here. But, I'm still not yet ready to face that cruel world outside of this walls."

I lay down as I looked up the two moons, and the sparkly little things added to the view seems like it want to add light on the view.

"I don't know what you're thankful about my life, even though I had this kind of life. Now that I think of it, I don't know if I am also as thankful as you about my existence. Even though I don't like it, I don't hate it to some extent. Since it's another chance for me." I said and closed my eyes.

I can feel the pain of my unhealed wounds on my back, of my wounds from all over my body but it won't compare to the pain 'Charlotte' felt.

That time when I read the part when she was abandoned, I also asked why mention her if she would be just abandoned? I only took the reason that it was the way the author wanted it, I can't do anything about that.

But, it all just felt wrong.

I smiled as I am having this kind of thoughts again.

Larence then lay down beside me.

"Sister, what would you like as a gift on your birthday?"

A gift huh? Oh, now that I remember it, I had a stuffed toy and a pen on my 9th birthday.

"Hmm, I don't know much about stuffs, I hate girly stuffs, sparkly things and over decorated stuffs." I reached out my hand to touch one of those sparkly little things.

"Just things you really want to have sister."

"Hmm, things I wanna have? I don't have much on my plate but maybe just a good long life is what I truly wanna have." I turned my head on the side to look at him and smile.

Even though my smile won't reach to my eyes.

"It's a bit hard to have as a gift noh? Maybe just some notebook, since I had a pen on my last birthday." I said and when I mentioned the pen, his expression became gloomy again.

Gosh, this child is too young to worry of many matters about life. Heh, I'm one to talk.

I touched his cheek and squished it. Ahh, my long awaited moment. To pinch this squishy cheeks.

"Yeo showdn't kwep dwat." (You shouldn't keep that.)

"Heh? What?" He then pouted, now good. He's quite acting now on his age.

I removed my hands from his cheeks, after awhile coz'it looked like it turned too reddish.

"Does it hurt?" He looked teary.

"No, I'm fine. As long as you're satisfied with it, you can squish it again but not now."

Gosh, saying that is quite tempting.

"Who gifted you the pen, sister?"

"Your father, why?"

"Oh, okay." He said like he understood.

Hm?

"You want something to write on right?" I nodded.

"Okay then."

We just stayed like that for moments, and talked how pretty that night was.

Anyway, I'm still curious about how those flowers and these sparkly dusts kept on appearing. And at night at that.

"Are you curious about that, sister?" Oh, is he a mind reader?

"I'm not, it's just that— it is really quite confusing. Then let me tell you about some things I knew. Since, I studied quite a bit on the main house before."

He then started telling me things about how magic works here and also the geography. Right, how could I forget that this world is full of magic and mysteries?

"There are only five continents lying in this world. And there are four great empires ruling the four continents. The Hanlon Empire of the west, where we reside right now. Flammia Empire of the South, they're famous for their dark skinned color. Acquafredda Empire of the East, known for their oceanic nature. And last but not the least, the most undefeatable and glorious empire of them all, Hellbore Empire of the North. Lets focus on the west."

That's quite a long introduction if them all.

"Hanlon Empire is an empire built thousands of years ago. And Hanlon the first emperor of the empire was given the title by the guardian of the land, the Goddess of Light, Alina. We are the only Empire who was blessed by the Goddess Alina. So that most of the descendants or people the reside here can wield light magic." Then he showed me his hand which had this light that isn't too blinding but so pretty.

"And as years pass by, the descendants of Light decreased. And the blood that carried it on was the Anluan family. And mother's from that family, grandma's family. And since it was rare, light magic also became rare, choose their own holder. And I became one too. Sister too, the roses are proof." He looked at me and continued.

"Even though my magic is weak, I still had light magic in me since I am mother's son. But every generation there's a solely heir of the Light. You see all empires symbols are roses but differ in color, the Hanlon Empire's symbol was green rose since it represents the Goddess Alina. And mostly descendants of the Goddess had green eyes and blonde/golden hair. The Anluan family had that, but now it's slowly fading."

He stood up and looked at the roses.

"You had golden hair, but your eyes are blue. Sister Dianne had blonde hair, but her eyes are gray. I had green eyes but I had blue hair. It's most likely I could be the heir, but no. Since the first born are the mostly chosen one." He turned around and faced me.

"Sister Dianne could heal her wounds immediately, and she had blonde hair which is really rare. And she had the amount that befitted to be heir. And even though you had the golden hair, the rarest, your wounds that time didn't heal instead your blood made the grass to wilt."

He paused for a moment.

"It's either you or sister Dianne to be the chosen one. But you know what made me wonder more?" He walked near the other side where the shining blue roses are.

"It is quite peculiar to see the green rose of this land to react to your mere presence, but for the blue roses to react too. It's quite rare."

He said that made me dumbfounded.

This child, he knows a lot.

"And you know, blue roses are banned here in Hanlon. This is the only place that had it, that confused and shocked me when I 'first' saw it here too. You know why?"

He looked up after picking a blue rose that even though was plucked out of the stem, it kept glowing.

"Blue rose is the God of Darkness's symbol."

Oh.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.3K 2K 24
"𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐢'𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐧𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐚𝐧𝐝...
133K 5K 15
When an Emo, a jock, a nerd, and a cheerful geek get put in detention for different reasons, unlikely friendships blossom, but what happens when more...
93.4K 3.7K 26
""SIT THERE AND TAKE IT LIKE A GOOD GIRL"" YOU,DIRTY,DIRTY GIRL ,I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE BOOK🌝🌚
503K 16.4K 156
Genre: Space, Doting, Farming, Time travel, Healing Synopsis: Xu Linyue from the 21st century crossing over with the heavenly space soul penetration...