Live For It

By LyEr7107

He seemed like the devil. He was evil. Cruel. She was always portrayed as a weapon. A tool. An occasional u... More

a/n
|1|
|2|
|3|
|4|
|5|
|6|
|7|
|8|
|9|
|10|
|11|
|12|
|13|
|14|
|15|
|16|
|17|
|18|
|19|
|20|
aesthetics
|21|
|22|
|23|
|24|
|25|
|26|
|28|
|29|
|30|
|31|
|32|
|33|
|34|
|35|
|36|
|37|
|38|
|39|
|40|
|41|
|42|
|43|
|44|
|45|
|46|
|47|
|48|
|49|
|50|
|51|
|52|
|53|
|54|
|55|
|56|
|57|
|58|
|59|
|60|
Epilogue
a/n pt 2 (please read!!)

|27|

1.1K 42 6
By LyEr7107

(sorry these are short. I'm falling a little behind because of school, sports, etc. But I'm trying to get these chapters written to the best of my ability and that takes time. I might miss a few of the future updates, so don't get too upset, bare with me pls.)

(also feel free to share your opinion, it is very helpful when I get feedback!)

"Kill him," Zion ordered, watching the beautiful girl die in front of him. He knew who had shot her, and he knew what he was doing when he wanted the person dead.

Another shot went off, and Zion had turned just in time to get Xavier's blood splattered on the side of his face. 

Liam said a silent prayer for his friend's soul as he lowered the gun he had used to kill the man. 

Sobbing finally registered itself in his brain, and he realized just what had gone wrong. Leiah Rehanna was screaming and crying from her spot in the chair, thrashing and kicking at it like it was someone holding her still. 

It reminded him too much of what he had seen four years ago. 

Inan was quick to cut all of their ties, almost getting attacked in the process. 

Zion watched as all four of her relatives raced toward her body, shouting and yelling at the world and how evil it was. 

He knew her brothers would be arriving in a few minutes, he was more than aware. 

He had ordered Flynn to write the note that day, and he had ordered it to be placed with the necklace as well. He knew they would figure it out eventually, they were smart. 

They could finally know the truth and be able to find it out themselves. 

Looking over his shoulder at the men in waiting, he watched Inan punch the wall, Isaiah lower his head, and Ren turn away from the scene. 

Matteo walked up to his brother, ready to speak some type of comforting speech about how it wasn't his fault or about how Xavier went out of the plan. 

"No," Zion shook his head, stopping Matteo from even opening his mouth. 

Matteo sighed, not knowing how to console his brother in a situation like this. Did Zion really get used to her presence that quick? 

"What's she saying?" he heard the cousin ask, and Zion's attention went back over to the girl. 

She was still alive. 

Zion walked over on his own accord, not realizing his subconsciousness was that curious. Crouching down near the family, they gave him space and backed away from their Don, knowing that it wasn't necessarily his fault. 

The Golden Raven girl kept her eyes open long enough to see him one last time, and somehow that was more of a validation than he had ever had in his mind. 

"I don't..." her breathing was slower, too slow, "want to die anymore, Zion," she gasped out, letting out a sob as her dress continued turning red. She reached out for Zion, so he grasped her body and pushed her back up so she could breathe better. 

"I know," was all he could let out, afraid his true feelings would reveal themselves in the last moment. He had no right. Not anymore. 

"Thank you," she was quiet when she admitted it. 

"For what?" he barely whispered. He was more than shocked, letting her speak as he squeezed her hand. 

"For letting me die on this day," she leaned her head all the way back, grimacing as she attempted to keep breathing. 

Zion closed his eyes and tilted his head, asking his mother to forgive him for what he was about to do. 

"I'm sorry, but I'm not letting you die. Not today," he leaned down towards her, kissing her again as she gasped out against his lips. She held onto him as much as she could, not regretting it this time. Her nails dug into his shirt as he finally let himself accept all of her. Zion cradled her head close to him, feeling the tears on her cheek as she delved further into him. 

Her hand clenched around his one last time, then it went weak. 

She didn't care if the last breath she took was from his lips, as long as he knew what was actually in her heart. 

He was too stubborn to let her go, even though he should have when he realized the real reason he wanted her here. He was a selfish man, and everyone knew that. 

He pulled away from her with a curse under his breath and angled his hands with her chest, forgetting the mess of blood and the promise he made to his father. 

Rid them of their name.

Take away his family. Every last one. 

Starting CPR when her breathing stopped was something so out of his self-control that he didn't even care. Zion Armani did not care about anything else but the dying girl in front of him. 

The rest of the Di Maggio's, well, except Alphonzo, had followed Liam through the doors. The note was something only they could understand once they looked into who wrote it. They promised they would be civil if they were allowed to come here. They had planned to form an alliance with the Armani's with the Rehanna's as their witness so they could get rid of Alphonzo once and for all, but it went to shit when Xavier decided to fuck things up. The whole point was to get Zhara to get into her head, get her to forget and surrender to Zion at what she thought was the risk of her aunt's family. He knew how to find her weaknesses, and he was so close to keeping her in his arms. 

Eventually, house doctors had taken over the protocol and practically had to rip Zion away from Zhara's failing heart. 

He let her brothers shout at him, he let them argue and blame. He would forever believe that this had come from his mistakes. 

~***~

There would be a full-house meeting in the main conference room after everyone got to rest and recover from what had happened that afternoon. There was obviously no relaxing knowing that Zhara could be dead, but there would at least be unity if they could speak on things and explain the entire situation. 

Zion knew the consequences that would come of this, but he would go through with it anyway. Anything to keep her safe for now. 

Even though the inner circle didn't show it, they were all grieving over the loss of Xavier, even when they knew he deserved it in the end. Zion now had the responsibility of keeping everyone stable in their times of need in comfort, something he couldn't give willingly. 

The Rehanna's and Di Maggio's were a whole other part of the list of things he had to take care of. That's why the meeting would be much needed. 

The other Italians could find a place near to stay and they could complete the alliance before Alphonzo Di Maggio got impatient and figured out what his sons were doing. 

Whether or not Zhara made it out alive, Zion was going to use his power for good in this situation. He almost could see Zhara's angered figure yelling at him again, telling him off for being an asshole. 

Maybe he should've listened to her. Maybe he could've stopped it from getting this far and she wouldn't be on her possible death bed. 

He knew she was right about the way Xavier treated her. It was almost alarming to a certain point, and Zion guessed that Xavier had finally gotten tired of the girl hanging around. 

But he also didn't have a say in Zion's decisions. 

And he was very stupid for taking it upon himself to deal with Zhara's life. A life Zion didn't know he needed with him. 

He didn't know what he was going to do if she didn't come out of surgery alive. What if she doesn't? What if she dies?

The crime of all crimes would have been committed, and all Zion's father had built would be crushed in seconds by their enemies. 

Zhara was a peace treaty between half the world's underground businesses. Yeah, it wasn't written in paper, but when the Golden Raven was born, everywhere from Russia's farthest base to a trafficking cartel in Brazil knew what would come of anyone who dared to cross the first biological-born female Di Maggio. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

274K 5.3K 39
"You can't avoid me forever Lara" I chuckled "I'm ignoring you, you idiot" "Is it?" he slowly came towards me and pressed my body with his. Now I'm c...
183K 4.5K 67
He is a force to be reckoned with. A lift of his finger & people are beheaded in seconds. A word from him & the streets of NY are bathed in blood. An...
1.5M 27.9K 40
Maya applied pressure to my wound. I hissed from the pain. "Stop fucking around." She rolled her eyes at me. Maya finished tending my wound, wrapping...
2.7M 72.6K 47
Book 1 in the 'Beautiful' Trilogy. Aria Valenti, a beautiful 27-year-old girl in her 2nd year of residency at NY Medical Center, holding a lot of sec...