Lowkey

By leiiii403

Arabella Malik, the lethal American mob boss's daughter. The beauty of the nineteen-year-old was well-known... More

Authors Note
Aesthetics & Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chpater 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Epilogue
Authors Note
Bonus Chapter
SEQUEL

Chapter 19

52.1K 1.3K 596
By leiiii403

Arabella

"𝐃𝐚𝐭𝐞"

My eyes fluttered open as my body shook. I opened my eyes and was immediately met with a black-clothed chest. Looking up, I saw Roman and then looked back down seeing that he had me in his arms.

I lifted my head and looked around, noticing it was my own house. He must've made it up the stairs since he lowered his head down to me and nodded towards the corridor.

"Room?"

I turn my head a little and lift a weak finger towards my door, "The second one,"

He looked away and walked over towards the room, turning the handle and kicking the door lightly with his foot to open it wider.

I closed my eyes as I felt myself being placed on the bed, "Don't lay down," he said nonchalantly.

I sigh and sit up, keeping my tired body up on the edge of the bed as I close my eyes again.

I jolted up when I felt a hand on my knee, opening my eyes back up again, Roman knelt in front of me with a white wet cloth in his hands.

He peered up at me, his hand reached towards my forehead as he dabbed the cool cloth against my skin.

I watched him do so, his eyes moving over every movement he made as his motions were gentle against my skin. The cool cloth running over my sweltering flesh.

"How are you feeling," He asked quietly.

I stared at him and shrugged, numbly. My hand lazily came over towards his head, brushing through his raven curls.

He hadn't made a move to remove my hand he continuously dabbed the cloth against my forehead and my blotchy cheeks.

I played with his hair, running my fingers through the parts that laid across his forehead and brushing them back, only for them to fall in its place again.

"I like your hair," I slurred in a whisper.

His lips quirk to the side as he removed the cloth and placed it beside me. He lifted himself and stood in front of me while I had to tilt my chin to look at him.

"Clothes?"

I look over towards my closet and pointed towards it.

"Can I lay down now?" I asked his walking figure.

"No," He replied coldly.

I huffed and swung my legs beneath me and started humming to a random song.

A minute later he strode back out, a pink large shirt in his hands and I grinned.

Once he came over to me he placed his hands under my arms and lifted me off the bed and then wrapped an arm around my waist to keep me from falling.

His other hand came to the top of my skirt, his eyes peeling to mine asking for permission silently, I smile and nodded.

He looks back down and tugs off my skirt, he never lingered his eyes anywhere, he simply just took my skirt off and tossed it aside before lifting off my top and doing the same.

I held my arms up as I waited for him to place the t-shirt over my head, once he did he patted my hip lightly telling me I was done.

He opened my blankets up for me and I immediately climbed in, snuggling into my silk sheets and smiling.

When I looked back up at him, I saw him toss my clothes into my washing basket and move over towards my door.

"Roman?" I called out.

He stopped and turned his head over his shoulder briefly.

"Can you stay with me," I ask him weakly, "Just until I fall asleep?"

I heard him sigh, he turned around to face me and walked over. I scooted to the side so it could allow him to have some room.

He kicked off his shoes and laid down next to me.

His arm rested behind his head whilst his other one came around my shoulders and I snuggled up against his side.

My head stopped pounding and my eyes fluttered closed, the warmth of his body along with the safety he brought with it made my body at peace.

I felt his hand around my shoulder rub soothing circles against the side of my arm, soothingly drifting me to sleep.

"Goodnight, Roman," I whispered.

"Night, Ella."

"Jesus, Arabella, you need to be more careful,"

I frowned at my cereal bowl, scowling at the scolding my father was giving me.

"I was, it was just alcohol poisoning," I mumble and shove my spoon inside my mouth.

I caught a glimpse of him rolling his eyes.

Moody bitch.

This morning I woke up remembering every single detail from last night which was unfortunate for me, now having to recall my very embarrassing decisions.

Roman had left, I wasn't sure when, but he did and it was before anyone could notice he was here. I told myself that I would thank him today. If I saw him, that is.

I could've left out the minor details this morning but my appearance was something that I think even a dog would run away from.

So, I spilt the beans but left out the whole Roman situation. I lied and said one of my friends had taken me home.

Mum scolded me, then my father, and then both doing the same to Nicolo.

Nicolo didn't look all that well either, it was probably just his regular hangover.

I finished eating my cereal and then grabbed my bag throwing it over my shoulder and taking my car keys out of my pocket.

I watched Nicolo move across the room limply and walk towards the front doors. I kissed mum's cheek and then dads before walking out of the kitchen and towards my car.

The ride to school was fairly short, the traffic wasn't that bad, thankfully.

Nicolo and I both went our separate ways. I walked through the crowded corridors, seeping through the fields and making it straight towards my art course.

Entering the bright room, I moved my way through, taking in the brightly lit sun that seeped through the windows and the boys and girls seated around the room.

I took a seat in the middle of the room, placing my bag beside me and sighing to myself.

My outfit was similar to yesterday's, just a different pair of jeans and a shirt. I tucked my fallen pieces of hair behind my ear while I thumped my fingers against the table to the beat of the music in my ear.

I felt a tap on my shoulder beside me and I reframed myself from sighing, again. Lifting out an earphone from my ear I turn towards the person.

A boy with light brown hair, ruffled at the top with brown eyes stared at me sympathetically.

"Hey, sorry for being annoying, but do you have a pen I could borrow?" 

I nodded and leaned down towards my bag, taking out my clear pencil case and grabbing a normal black pen.

I tucked it away and leaned back up, handing the boy the pen.

He grinned and took it from me, "Thanks so much,"

I smiled and nodded at him before placing my earphone back in and waiting for the teacher patiently.

For the rest of the class time, I made small talk with the boy beside me while we worked together. I found out that he actually didn't live too far from me, his father had just opened up a business in the city and was doing well so they moved to my town.

The rest of the day smoothed by gracefully and it was then my favourite time of the day, lunch.

I sat beside Kara and started munching on some strawberries. She began telling me about some small model agency that had reached out to her yesterday. They wanted her to come down to the city to do some shots for their new clothing line.

I was proud of her, she was putting herself out there and showing the world her amazing beauty, plus her talent.

My eyes flickered around the cafeteria, hoping to pick up on a certain someone but had no luck.

I moved my gaze towards the entrance doors and as if hearing my thoughts, he walked right through.

His perfectly ruffled waves sat on his forehead, they looked damp, the curls loose, and thick locks of it fell onto his forehead and a few into his eyes.

One hand was shoved into the pocket of his black sweatpants, the other held his phone to his ear. My eyes then trailed down to the bright, red sweatshirt he was wearing too.

An unlit cigarette was between his lips, his calculating gaze set on the floor below him as his lips moved, talking to the other person.

I watched him walk with power, towards the exiting doors that led to the outside, the smoking area on the other side of the room.

The urge to go and talk to him ran through me and I found myself leaving Kara and walking straight in his direction.

I bumped into a few people along the way, apologising and proceeding my steps up until I had made it to the doors.

I pushed them open with one hand and stepped out into the chilly air. My eyes scanned around the area, leaning towards the muscular, red-clad figure a few feet away from me.

His head was lowered while he scanned through his phone and the previously unlit cigarette was now seeping with smoke.

I confidently walked over towards him, my sneakers padding lightly against the concrete and the wind blowing lightly through my hair.

He looked up as he must've heard or seen me coming, our eyes connected and I felt a smile come onto my lips.

I made it in front of him. I kept my distance but not to a point where he couldn't hear me.

He looked straight into my eyes while he took out the cigarette between his lips and placed it between his two fingers.

"Ella," He acknowledged, flatly. I sent him a half-smile and awkwardly shifted on my feet.

"Um, I just wanted to thank you for last night," I said looking down at the grey concrete below me.

"You don't need to," He said casually, from my line of vision I saw the smoke blow out into the air smoothly.

"Well, I felt like I should of. I probably ruined your night,"

I watched the stick drop to the ground, his shoe stepping on it and he stood up, instinctively making me take a step back.

I lifted my gaze and had to look right up to meet his eyes again. He towered over me greatly. This guy was a fucking giant.

"You didn't, Arabella,"

I bit the inside of my cheek, a habit that has evolved when he's around. I reddened the slightest and avoided his eyes, looking straight at his throat.

"Are you feeling better?"

I nodded and finally looked up at him. Beautiful amber eyes stared straight into my own and I found myself getting completely lost in them.

I snapped out of my dreamy state when he moved his away from me to something behind me.

"Do you have any classes now?" I ask him.

"No," He replies in his customary cold tone.

"You?"

"Only one," I reply.

I took a step back away from him and peered up at him once more, "Well, I better get going,"

He nodded still staring at me straightforwardly and I had glanced towards his arms wondering if I should do it.

Fuck it, you only live once.

I shifted on my feet awkwardly and looked back up at him.

"Can I hug you?" I asked softly.

I watched his dark deceiving eyes bore into mine, his passive expression held nothing so I couldn't tell what he was going to say, that was until he nodded.

My lips broke into a small grin and took a step forward, closing the gap between us both and gazed up at him.

Without hesitation, I wrapped my two arms around his waist and rested my cheek against his warm chest.

I felt him stiffen and tense under my touch.

I frowned when he didn't hug me back, so I unwrapped one of my arms and took one of his and placed it around my waist. He held it there while I repeated the same thing with his other arm.

I wrapped my own arm back around him and patted his back slightly.

It'll take time I guess.

Then, surprising me, his loosened arms had tightened around my waist, wrapping around me closer and I sighed in content.

We stayed in this position for a little while, neither one of us moving while I just simply absorbed and enjoyed the moment.

It was strange, I felt warm and safe in his arms, more than I would be with anyone else. It was more like I belonged in them as if they were perfectly made for me.

I was the one to pull away first, I think I've tortured this guy enough for one day.

His hands remained on my waist once I faced him.

One hand came to my cheek almost as if it were an instant reaction. He cupped my cheek while his thumb rubbed over my cheekbone in soothing patterns.

His eyes watched his movements before they connected with mine, staring straight into them as the next words poured out of his mouth smoothly.

"Go out with me?"

I felt my heart drop to my literal ass but then it somehow came back to its original place and started to thump so loudly that I could hear it in my ears.

I stared at him with absolute shock.

I swallowed the forming lump in my throat and frowned a little, "Like... a date?"

He tilted his head to the side and nodded.

While his eyes observed me I had to take in everything he had just said, well the four words he said.

After a minute of silence, I immediately felt bad for taking so long to reply, so I nodded my head frantically like a lunatic.

"Yes, I'll go out with you," I breathed out longingly as if I had been holding my breath.

His lips quirked up at the sides and he nodded, "Okay,"

"Friday, at seven,"

I bit my lip to contain my excitement and I nodded again.

He leant down and kissed my cheek, his warm wet lips connecting to my frigid skin only forming chills over my flesh.

His hands-on my waist released and he pulled away, patting my hip lightly.

"See you then," He whispered huskily, before turning around and striding off towards the exit.

My heartbeat thumped loudly as I watched him and I immediately turned around and made my way back inside with only one thought corrupting my hopeless mind.

Roman Agnello, had just asked me out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

678K 20.5K 54
𝘚đ˜Ļđ˜ŗđ˜Ļđ˜¯đ˜Ēđ˜ĩđ˜ē. The woman of impeccable beauty was the infinite definition of her name. Calm and poise. Born into a violent life of guns and knive...
38.6K 934 38
Vita Mia: My life ***************************************** She has never wanted to take any part in the mafia world that her abusive and manipulativ...
215K 4.5K 54
She's a girl with a powerful family. He's a guy who runs his own mafia. So why do they have anything to do with each other? Why does he have to be he...
354K 7K 43
[COMPLETE][UNEDITED] ❝đĸ 𝐚đĻ đĻđĸ𝐧𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨đĢ𝐞 đĸ'đĨđĨ đžđ¯đžđĢ 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐞đĨđŦ𝐞'đŦ.❞ āĻ“ 𝐒𝐭𝐞đĨđĨ𝐚 𝐑𝐨đŦ𝐞 𝐖𝐡đĸ𝐭𝐞 (𝟏𝟗), the d...