Teams | A Jamie Johnson FanFi...

By phoebewrites_14

Jamie is Kingsmount's new football star after his goal against Leon Tibbs went viral. After catching the atte... More

Part 1 - The Hidden Girl
Part 2 - The Match
Part 3 - Finally
Part 4 - The Plan
Part 5 - Training
Part 6 - The Fight
Part 7 - The Party
Part 8 - The Game
Part 9 - The Two Sides of One Team
Part 10 - The Birthday
Part 11 - The Scare
Part 12 - The Forfeit
Part 13 - The Break in
Part 14 - The Detention
Part 15 - Caught in the Middle
Part 16 - The Other Boy
Part 17 - The Game
Part 18 - The Confrontation
Part 19 - The Secret's Out
Part 20 - New Evidence
Part 21 - The Replay
Part 22 - The Last Training Session
Part 23 - The Plan
Part 24 - The Second Half/Finale!
Author's Note
SEASON 3!!!!
Part 27 - The Tryouts
Part 28 - The Announcement
Part 29 - Persuading
Part 30 - Missing
Part 31 - The Meeting
Part 32 - The Conversation
Part 33 - The New Team
Part 34 - Old Friends
Part 35 - Old Friends (Pt. 2)
Part 36 - The Pitch
5K READS!!!!!
Part 37 - Invites
Part 38 - Jealousy
Part 39 - The Argument
Part 40 - The Competition
Part 42 - The Money
Part 43 - The Blame
Part 44 - Going Bad
Part 45 - The Truth
Part 46 - More Truths
Part 47 - Fresh Start
Part 48 - The Game
Part 49 - Thinking
Part 50 - Persuade
Announcement
Part 51 - The Scout
Part 52 - The Trials
Part 53 - The Call
Part 54 - Leaving
Part 55 - The Captaincy
Part 56 - Season 3 Finale
Part 56 - Season 4
Part 58 - The Announcement
Part 59 - The Trials
Part 60 - The Trials Part 2
Part 61 - The Announcement
Part 62 - Tension

Part 41 - The Fun Day

345 11 0
By phoebewrites_14

"Promise me you'll send it without watching it!" I said quickly, handing Jamie his phone so he could send my vlog into the competition.

He looked at me and raised an eyebrow. "What did you say in it?"

"Just stuff about football and school and stuff." I muttered and he smiled.

"Ok, sure I won't watch it." He said, still gazing at me with a smile. "Now c'mon. We've got classes."

"Jamie, I need to talk to you." I said, finally getting the courage to speak to him.

"Sure? What's the matter?"

"I found this. On our table this morning." I said, pulling out the letter.

He took it and I watched nervously as his eyes scanned over it. "What's this?!"

I sighed. "I can't really explain it, but basically I... I mean, my mum owes some money to pay back something I...well, she just owes some money that we basically don't have." I explained.

"Ok, well that's mysterious." He replied, looking anxious. "What does she have to pay back?"

"I can't tell you, I'm sorry. But Jamie I don't know what to do! It's all my fault and..." I trailed off, biting my lip. It took all my strength to not tell Jamie everything there and then.

At that minute, the bell went - I didn't see someone lurking behind the steps.
_____________________

The next Saturday, I made my way with Indira down to Vicar's Common to help set up for the Fun Day. I was trying to be cheerful, but inside I was anxious about something that I needed to talk to Jamie about.

When we arrived, the first person I saw was Jamie, but he was talking to someone who I hadn't expected to see: his Dad. I only recognized him from that time over a year ago when I had to watch one of his arguments with Jamie's mum. Although this time, it looked as if they were trying to be civil.

"Bella!" He said, running over to me.

"Hey! So, your dad's back?" I said cautiously, remembering how he left last time.

"Yeah." He said, nodding.

"Are you...ok? About it?" I asked carefully.

"Yeah, course. He's my dad." He said with a smile. He seemed genuinely pleased that his dad was back and I didn't want to ruin that, so I put on a smile.

"Did you send my video in?" I asked.

"Yep, they're announcing the winner today." He replied with a side smile. "Did you sort things out with your mum and the money?"

I shook my head. "Jamie, the letter's gone." I whispered.

"What?"

"I put the letter in my bag after we talked but when I got home last night I couldn't find it!" I whispered, starting to panic now I was saying it out loud.

"OK, don't worry, I'm sure it can't have gone far." He assured, grabbing my hand, startling me and I looked up in surprise. "Sorry." He muttered, and I smiled.

"It's okay."

The rest of the morning I helped set up chairs and got equipment out of the storeroom with Jamie, before more people started arriving just in time for the start of the Fun Day.

"Excuse me?! Everybody! Can I have your attention please?!" Jack's dad shouted to grab everyone's attention.

"Nice one dad." Jack said, stepping up on the bench to talk to everyone. "Thanks everyone for coming down. We've got a lot of fun events lined up for today, and yes, it is a competition, and yes, we will be using one of these." She said, holding up a football, which was met with a few laughs from the participants. I tried to smile, but I couldn't stop worrying about the letter. "Boggy's our official stats man for today, and will announce the winner at the end of the day." Jack said. "The first event is the penalty shoot out." She continued, pointing at one of the goalposts neatly decorated with bunting.

I only missed one penalty in the whole game, which was pretty good, although I noticed Zoe didn't miss a single one; she seemed determined.

The next event was the three-legged dribble. I picked up a ribbon and made my way over to Jamie. "You and me?" I asked, holding it out.

He raised his eyebrows and grabbed the ribbon. "Sure-"

But he was interrupted as his dad came over and put his arm round his son. "C'mon then Jamie, let's do this thing!" He said, and Jamie looked at me apologetically.

"Don't worry about it." I said with a fake smile. "Maybe next time."

When I walked over to a seat to watch, I noticed Zoe grabbing Dillon's arm, muttering "You're with me. I want an Academy player on my team." But Dillon looked like he was hiding something.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.1K 480 31
Jamie Miller is an average trouble maker at school, a liar, and she's the kind of girl that gets the guys but she don't want them. Not snobby, just h...
39.6K 949 10
Volturi Kings X OC The Kings save a last crown for someone, no one knows for who. Until Bella's cousin. Claudia Swan shows up
74.4K 3.7K 111
Poppy Welton had a rough few years she hoped that Richmonds new season would bring them all some luck. But then her elder sister, Rebecca hired an Am...
58.7K 1.6K 27
UNEDITED! "We're just friends, Cam." his eyes go to the left and he avoids my gaze. I walk up to him and he immediately looks up to my eyes, flickeri...