LET'S GET THIS STRAIGHT I'M N...

By -potatocorn

ā‹†.ą³ƒąæ” āŒ— š‡š€šˆšŠš˜š”š” ąæ ļ¼š ā š˜“š˜©š˜¦'š˜“ š˜°š˜Æš˜¦ š˜°š˜§ š˜¢ š˜¬š˜Ŗš˜Æš˜„, š˜µš˜©š˜¢š˜µ'š˜“ š˜øš˜©š˜ŗ š˜Ŗš˜µ š˜®š˜¢š˜¬š˜¦š˜“ š˜®š˜¦ š˜¤š˜³ļæ½... More

ą©ˆĀ°Ė–āœ§ ā±Ā· įµƒį¶œįµ— įµ’āæįµ‰ āœ§Ė–Ā°ą©ˆ
ā°Ā¹ ā˜ā˜ įµŹøĖ¢įµ‰Ė”į¶  ą¼‰Ā·ā‚ŠĖšāœ§
ā°Ā² ā˜ā˜ į¶ Ź³įµ‰įµƒįµ Ė”ā±įµįµ‰ įµįµ‰ ą¼‰Ā·ā‚ŠĖšāœ§
ā°Ā³ ā˜ā˜ Ź·Ź°įµƒįµ— įµįµƒįµįµ‰Ė¢ Źøįµ’įµ˜ įµ‡įµ‰įµƒįµ˜įµ—ā±į¶ įµ˜Ė” ą¼‰Ā·ā‚ŠĖšāœ§
ā°ā“ ā˜ā˜ Źøįµ’įµ˜ āæįµ‰įµ‰įµˆ įµ—įµ’ į¶œįµƒĖ”įµ įµˆįµ’Ź·āæ ą¼‰Ā·ā‚ŠĖšāœ§
ā°āµ ā˜ā˜ āæįµ’įµ—Ź°ā±āæįµ įµ’āæ Źøįµ’įµ˜ ą¼‰Ā·ā‚ŠĖšāœ§
ā°ā¶ ā˜ā˜ āæįµ‰Ź· įµā±Ź³Ė” ą¼‰Ā·ā‚ŠĖšāœ§
ā°ā· ā˜ā˜ į¶œŹ°įµ‰įµ‰Ź³Ė”įµ‰įµƒįµˆįµ‰Ź³ ą¼‰Ā·ā‚ŠĖšāœ§
ā°āø ā˜ā˜ Źøįµ’įµ˜Ź³ Ė¢ā±Ė¢įµ—įµ‰Ź³'Ė¢ Ė¢įµ’ įµįµ˜į¶œŹ° Ź°įµ’įµ—įµ—įµ‰Ź³ ą¼‰Ā·ā‚ŠĖšāœ§
ā°ā¹ ā˜ā˜ įµįµ’āæįµƒ Ė”ā±Ė¢įµƒ ą¼‰Ā·ā‚ŠĖšāœ§
Ā¹ā° ā˜ā˜ įµįµ‰įµįµ’Ź³ā±įµ‰Ė¢ ą¼‰Ā·ā‚ŠĖšāœ§
Ā¹Ā¹ ā˜ā˜ įµƒĖ”Ė” įµƒįµ‡įµ’įµ˜įµ— įµ˜Ė¢ ą¼‰Ā·ā‚ŠĖšāœ§
Ā¹Ā² ā˜ā˜ įµ—įµ’įµįµ‡įµ’Źø ą¼‰Ā·ā‚ŠĖšāœ§
Ā¹Ā³ ā˜ā˜ Ė¢Ź°įµ‰'Ė¢ įµƒĖ”Ė” įµ—Ź°įµƒįµ— ą¼‰Ā·ā‚ŠĖšāœ§
Ā¹ā“ ā˜ā˜ ā± į¶ įµ’įµ˜āæįµˆ įµƒ įµā±Ź³Ė” ą¼‰Ā·ā‚ŠĖšāœ§
Ā¹āµ ā˜ā˜ ā±įµ— įµā±Ź³Ė” ą¼‰Ā·ā‚ŠĖšāœ§
Ā¹ā¶ ā˜ā˜ Ė¢Ā·Ź·Ā·įµĀ· ą¼‰Ā·ā‚ŠĖšāœ§
Ā¹ā· ā˜ā˜ įµ‡įµ‰įµƒįµ˜įµ—ā±į¶ įµ˜Ė” Ė¢įµ’įµ˜Ė” ą¼‰Ā·ā‚ŠĖšāœ§
Ā¹āø ā˜ā˜ įµ‰Ė”įµ‰į¶œįµ—Ź³ā±į¶œ Ė”įµ’įµ›įµ‰ ą¼‰Ā·ā‚ŠĖšāœ§
Ā²ā° ā˜ā˜ Ź°įµ˜Ź³įµ— Ė¢įµ’ įµįµ’įµ’įµˆ ą¼‰Ā·ā‚ŠĖšāœ§
Ā²Ā¹ ā˜ā˜ įµ˜Ź° įµ’Ź° ą¼‰Ā·ā‚ŠĖšāœ§
Ā²Ā² ā˜ā˜ į¶œįµ’įµįµ‰ ā±āæĖ¢ā±įµˆįµ‰ įµ’į¶  įµŹø Ź°įµ‰įµƒŹ³įµ— ą¼‰Ā·ā‚ŠĖšāœ§
Ā²Ā³ ā˜ā˜ įµˆįµ’Ź·āæ ą¼‰Ā·ā‚ŠĖšāœ§
Ā²ā“ ā˜ā˜ Ė¢įµ˜įµ–įµ‰Ź³ į¶ Ź³įµ‰įµƒįµ ą¼‰Ā·ā‚ŠĖšāœ§
Ā²āµ ā˜ā˜ Ė¢įµ—įµƒŹ³įµ— įµ’į¶  Ė¢įµ’įµįµ‰įµ—Ź°ā±āæįµ Ź³ā±įµŹ°įµ— ą¼‰Ā·ā‚ŠĖšāœ§

Ā¹ā¹ ā˜ā˜ įµ˜įµįµ‡Ź³įµ‰Ė”Ė”įµƒ ą¼‰Ā·ā‚ŠĖšāœ§

1.1K 73 6
By -potatocorn

ੈ°˖✧ ᵘᵐᵇʳᵉˡˡᵃ ▸ ʀɪʜᴀɴɴᴀ

⋆ ˚✧༺♥︎༻✧˚ ⋆

The following day, the storm surge had finally ceased as the forecast said that it had already left your area. When morning came and the sun was just barely starting to make its appearance on the sky, a loud honk of car blared outside your house.

It was one of Bokuto's older sister and upon getting a closer look, you can see her strong resemblance to the childish ace. Both having quiet similar pointed shape of nose, bright golden eyes, and dyed white hair. She was smoking hot, and that sole fact surely made you induce in an internal gay panic.

In a wholehearted manner, she bows a multiple times and even gave you a tender embrace, which causes you to become a red-faced stuttering mess. Though, that was just her way of showing her utmost gratitude to you for taking care of their precious 'baby Kou'.

Stating that your were simply glad to help, you wave them goodbye before they drove off back to their home. But not without an enthusiastic thank you for your warm hospitality, and a rib-crushing parting hug from the bubbly captain.

After they left, you shortly tidy up your self, feed your little cat its breakfast, then head to school right away. Today was the day for exams, and that indicates that the regular volleyball practice schedule you were accustomed to attend for both morning and afternoon, are cancelled.

Upon arriving at the school and with a handful of knowlege up within your sleeve that you learned along the way― courtesy of teaching Bokuto the prior night― you were quiet confident at the answers you wrote on the questionnaires provided for the test. Feeling just a measly scarce amount of worry and dread that you might fail.

The despicable amount of inquiries you have to either answer or solve sure is a pure torture to any human brain, but you managed to finish everything with a few minutes to spare. Only one or two math and physics problems were left unanswered by the least.

At the present time, it was already after school and you were standing by the school's patio. One hand clutching your bookbag's strap as the other holds a small book. Your eyes skim through the words as the heaven's heavy downpour became your white background noise. Though, it isn't as intense as the storm last night.

Only a few students were loitering around in the school grounds considering the fact that the last bell had rung 25 minutes ago. Most of them had already gone home, or hanging out elsewhere to rejoice for making it out alive from the excruciating exams. You would've been already in your workplace, if only weren't because of your teacher who asked for you to stay behind and help her check some of the test papers.

"H-Hi, L/N-san."

You whirl your head to your left to face the speaker, meeting a pair of blue aquatic eyes and soft blonde locks as you did so. A small close-lipped smile attained your lips upon recognizing him. "Ah­― hey..."

The male is none other than Fuyou; the member of basketball team who admitted his admiration for you back then, in the very front of the whole volleyball club.

It is barefaced that the lad still somewhat carry those kind of feelings for you, especially when there's always a tinge of pink on his cheeks whenever you two will encounter or speak to each other.

With a light blush visible and a foldable umbrella in his grasp, he asks if you need to share an umbrella and even stutteringly offer to walk you home.

In a polite manner, you thank him for his courtesy and decline his proposal, saying that you have your own and you're just waiting for the rain to get lighter. Nodding, he bid you a curt goodbye before he take off, walking through the rain under his white umbrella.

As your eyes trail to his back that was shrinking further and further from your sight, you couldn't help but think how sweet he is. Despite knowing that you don't see him the same way he does, he still show that he cares for your well-being.

'What did I even do to make him like me anyway?'

"Hey Y/N, didn't know you're still here."

Hearing the familiar baritone voice that broke you out from your thoughts, you wheel around and face the charcoal haired captain of your team. Like you, he's also appareled in your school uniform that consists of a midnight blue vest, a long-sleeved button up top, and a dark teal pants. "Aren't you running late to your shift?"

"Oh. Hey, Tetsurou..." you greet casually in a low voice, eyeing him as he skid into halt to stand in your right side. "I already notified Keiji that I'll be a little late today. He said tío Reji's alright with it."

"Is that so..." he trailed off and dawdle his attention on the pouring rain before him, watching it wet thoroughly the once dry ground. To make some more noise just because he feels like it, he began to whistle an off pitch tune.

Moving your gaze away from the small book you're reading, you noted the paper he's pressing against his chest. While some of them were just graded assignments, you notice that a few others looked to be math and science tests. Both of those nearly had perfect scores, and you smile softly as you spotted a few doodles of volleyball, flowers, and cats on the corner. "You really like science, huh?"

He turn again to you and raises a brow when you slightly pucker your lips to point at his papers. Kuroo laughs in such a carefree way, almost making you feel jealous of his laidback nature. "Yeah, I do. And it's really fun making a bunch of insults using science too. Especially when they don't get what it means instantly."

Snorting at his frankness, you drag your gaze back to the surface of the booklet's paper to resume on what you're doing previously. The captain got curious why you were so indulged in reading that small material, so he cranes his neck and use his superior height for his advantage to try get a gist on what's written on it. "What're you reading?"

You spare him a glance that lasted for a millisecond before you shrug nonchalantly. "A fan fiction... I guess? One of my classmate asked me to proofread this since it's in english. She said she wanted to practice her skills."

The said story genre piques his interest. He open his mouth to ask what the piece was about, but already knowing what his probable follow up question would be, you speak again before he could, "It's actually about you." You mumble and flick to the last page. "No worries, it's just a bunch of sappy scenarios. Nothing too extreme."

His brain lags for a second. Letting the information that you cleared up to him sink in his brain. Now more interested than before upon his discovery that the subject is him, he inch closer to you to get a better look. "Really? What am I like there?"

Kuroo's inquiry causes you to heave out a languid sigh, head swerving from side to side to show your disappointment. "Not gonna lie, your personality was so farfetched in the story. They made you the type of guy who's cheeky and very flirtatious, with a ten out of ten flirting skills." You huff out and your face crinkles in a subtle grimace. "Her writing style and grammar is fine, but still... I'm trying not to cringe so much."

Laughter bubbles from him again, deceiving the awkwardness that's hidden within his system. Well, he couldn't blame people for thinking him as that kind of person. They tend to judge him based on his looks and the aura he radiates.

"Finally..." you exhales, slamming the book close after reading the last line and shove it deep inside your bookbag. Hoping not to dig it up ever again as you fixate him an apologetic look, also on the behalf of your classmate. "I'm sorry, it must be making you uncomfortable and doesn't sit well with you. Don't worry, I-I'll ask her to put this down as soon as I point out the errors she made."

The bedhead can't help but to smile that you understand his sentiments, without him needing to voice it out. Even going through the lengths of passively confronting your classmate, despite you being known as a walking ball of emotional wreck type of person. He really appreciates that more than you will ever know. "Well, you don't really have to do that... but thanks, Y/N."

Smiling back softly at him, your hand unconsciously began to fiddle with the hem of the vest you wore. "U-umm, anyway... where's Kenma? Don't you two always go home together?"

A frown replaces the smile that was gracing his lips at the mention of his smaller childhood friend. "Kenma didn't go to school today 'cause, apparently, he caught a cold and fever last night." Kuroo sighs. "He already called in the school to inform them about his absence, and that he'll just take the exams that he missed tomorrow."

Your neutral facial expression contorts into one that screams worry and concern, hearing the news about the setter's current state of health. Hastily unzipping your bag, your searching hand shovel inside to dig through it before uncovering a small brown paper bag.

"I hope he'll feel better soon." You outstretch it to him, to which he hesitantly accept in his hands. Peering inside the bag, he saw a slice of apple pie residing inside as you continue speaking. "Rezu gave me that lately, but I think Kenma needs it more than I do. He likes apple pie, right?"

"He loves them. It's actually his favorite." Kuroo corrects and carefully put his best friend's favorite snack inside his bag, trying not to get it squished by his school supplies to preserve its decent shape until it reach Kenma. A grin scribbles across his lips, already picturing the delighted face that the pudding head will make later. "I'm sure Kenma will be so happy. Thanks."

Humming in response, an episode of silence stretch between the both you as you slowly take out your foldable red umbrella. Before long, Kuroo was the first one to break the peace with a sharp hiss through his gritted teeth.

You inquisitively eyed him while his face was twisted into an expression of displeasure, looking down at his lockscreen that shows a milky way wallpaper and the current time in the afternoon. "Damn, I'm going to miss the train I'm supposed to catch." He mutter under his breath, scratching the back of his head although it's not even itchy.

"Then why are you still here?" You ask in a flat tone. Confused on why he's still standing and dallying here with you, when he needs to go and hurry right now.

"I forgot to bring my umbrella." He mumble sheepishly, looking so restless on his feet while staring ahead of the torrential rain that was foiling him from leaving the school. "Guess I have no choice..." Kuroo clicks his tongue, putting his bag above his head. "I'm going now, see ya Y/N―"

Not giving him a chance to set a single foot away from where he stood, your reflexes were nimble to grab a fistful of the back portion of his uniform, making him almost stumble on his feet and faceplant on the paved ground if he wasn't quick to balance himself. He peer down at you in puzzlement, left eyebrow lifting up.

In all honesty, you wouldn't really mind sharing your umbrella with him. But what makes that very improbable, is that the train station and the convenience store was located from totally polar opposite points.

So one way or another, someone will have to sacrifice and drag their sorry ass through the merciless rain for the sake of the latter, in order to keep them dry.

Throwing a brief glance at the umbrella in your hold, you push the only button adhered on its black handle as it automatically billow open in a swift motion. You raise it to his chest level, beckoning it for him to take. "Here."

Comprehending what you were obviously trying to insinuate with your actions, Kuroo's eyebrows scrunches up together in disgruntlement. Crystal clear that he's strongly opposing to your idea. "Wha― no! What are you gonna use then if you lend me yours?"

"Eh, don't mind me. I'll be fine. I like rain." You insist, even giving him a lousy excuse.

"Yeah, and you're gonna get sick because of that. I'm not taking your umbrella, Y/N." He reasons out with a nasty scowl, falsifying his concern for your well-being.

Letting out a barrel of air through your nose, your hand that was clutching his uniform tightly switch over to grasp his wrist. "You're gonna take this. I can't afford another member to get sick." You state with finality as you transfer the already opened umbrella onto his large and rough hands. Forcing his fingers to grasp it by curling them around it firmly. "Especially not the one who leads our team."

Stern E/C gaze trickling to look at him in the eyes to show that you're not taking a no for an answer, all while it's still clearly laden with tenderness within, you spoke, "I'm your manager, and it's my duty to look out and take care of you... so let me do that."

Kuroo could do nothing other than stare at your features, especially at your smoldering eyes. A clap of thunder roars from a distance as his Adam's apple bob when he swallowed thickly. Unable to utter a word.

Taking advantage of his blank stuporous state, you crack a smile before you pull up your bookbag above of your head to use it as your makeshift protection. Without any forewarning being told, you make a run towards the open grounds with the largest strides that your human feet can attain. Trying not to pay attention to your clothes that were beginning to get sopping wet in every second that ticks, the longer you dash beneath the darkened weeping clouds.

The unruly haired middle blocker blink in a row, processing the fact that you left him as soon as you can to deprive him the chance to make any further protest. Disregarding his pulse that was harmonizing with the pitter-pattering of the rain that's drumming on the paved ground, he shook his head in disbelief as he fight down the bashful smile that's trying to come forth onto his lips by pursing them together.

"What a stubborn girl."

─ ❀ author's note: coup de foudre~⚡︎ anyways, always stay safe and i luv ya all ( ˘ ³˘)♡︎♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.9K 2.6K 46
Loading chat... ā–ˆā–’ā–’ā–’ā–’ā–’ā–’ā–’ā–’ā–’ 25% ā–ˆā–ˆā–ˆā–’ā–’ā–’ā–’ā–’ā–’ā–’ 50% ā–ˆā–ˆā–ˆā–ˆā–ˆā–’ā–’ā–’ā–’ā–’ 75% ā–ˆā–ˆā–ˆā–ˆā–ˆā–ˆā–ˆā–’ā–’ā–’ 100% ā–ˆā–ˆā–ˆā–ˆā–ˆā–ˆā–ˆā–ˆā–ˆā–ˆ titty owl himbo šŸ„ŗ; has sent you a message! UNDER EDITION ā€¼ H...
145K 4.8K 23
āŖ š€šŠš€š€š’š‡šˆ šŠš„šˆš‰šˆ ā« šŸŽ§ š–„š–«š–“š–„š–„ , š–²š–«š–®š–¶-š–”š–“š–±š–­? , š–¤š–³š–¢. ļæ£ļæ£ļæ£ļæ£ļæ£ļæ£ļæ£ļæ£ļæ£ļæ£ļæ£ļæ£ļæ£ į° š—œš—” š—Ŗš—›š—œš—–š—› š—’š—ˆš—Ž š—€š—‚š—š–¾ š–ŗš—„š–ŗš–ŗ...
340K 10.2K 22
āŖ š€šŠš€š€š’š‡šˆ šŠš„šˆš‰šˆ ā« šŸŽ§ š–„š–«š–“š–„š–„ , š– š–­š–¦š–²š–³ , š–¤š–³š–¢. ļæ£ļæ£ļæ£ļæ£ļæ£ļæ£ļæ£ļæ£ļæ£ļæ£ļæ£ļæ£ļæ£ į° š—œš—” š—Ŗš—›š—œš—–š—› š–ŗš—„š–ŗš–ŗš—Œš—š—‚ š—š–ŗš—„š–¾š—Œ š–ŗ š—…ļæ½...
1.2M 36.9K 34
āš“š„š€š‚š‡ šŒš„ š‡šŽš– š“šŽ šŠšˆš’š’āž *:ļ½„ļ¾Ÿāœ§ in which you teach kuroo english, and he teaches you... other things. kuroo x fem!reader i do not ow...