A Journey's Link

By Particulan

'A Journey's Link' is a tale about Ash and Goh, as they continue their duties as research fellows at Cerise L... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1 - Battle
Chapter 2 - Adventure
Chapter 3 - Business
Chapter 4 - Pathway
Chapter 5 - Solutions
Chapter 6 - Crystal
Chapter 7- Performing
Chapter 8 - Research
Chapter 9 - Rustboro
Chapter 10 - Preparations
Chapter 11 - Mister Stone
Chapter 12 - Determination
Chapter 13 - Central
Chapter 14 - Reunion
Chapter 15 - Control
Chapter 16 - Burden
Chapter 17 - Skipped
Chapter 18 - The Lake
Chapter 19 - Reflections
Chapter 20 - Dreaming
Chapter 21 - Rivaled
Chapter 22 - Resolve
Chapter 23 - Sighting
Chapter 24 - Linkage
Chapter 25 - Truths
Chapter 26 - Celebratory
Chapter 27 - Connections
Chapter 28 - Departure
Chapter 29 - Instinct
Chapter 30 - Planning
Chapter 31 - Lurking
Chapter 32 - Presentation
Chapter 33 - Paired
Chapter 34 - Anistar
Chapter 35 - Searching
Chapter 36 - Opposition
Chapter 37 - Threats
Chapter 38 - Passion
Chapter 39 - Split
Chapter 40 - Past
Chapter 41 - Ignite
Chapter 42 - Whereabouts
Chapter 43 - Secret
Chapter 44 - Hidden
Chapter 45 - Impersonations
Chapter 46 - Potential
Chapter 47 - Mixing
Chapter 48 - Squishy
Chapter 49 - Achievement
Chapter 50 - Key
Chapter 51 - Intentions
Chapter 52 - Sacrifices
Chapter 53 - Village
Chapter 54 - Close
Chapter 55 - Intuition
Chapter 56 - Blasted
Chapter 57 - Attack
Chapter 58 - Master?
Chapter 59 - Freed
Chapter 60 - Revenge
Chapter 61 - Explanations
Chapter 62 - Found
Chapter 64 - Disagreement
Chapter 65 - Aftermath
Chapter 66 - Reconnection
Chapter 67 - Transformation
Chapter 68 - Home
Chapter 69 - Descent
Chapter 70 - Boundless
Chapter 71 - Finality
Chapter 72 - Energized
Chapter 73 - Life
Chapter 74 - Awakening
Chapter 75 - Confession
Chapter 76 - Forward

Chapter 63 - Fueled

831 22 1
By Particulan

Giovanni sat upon his tall, black leather chair and quietly observed his large monitor that emitted a dim light into the dark room. He had been watching the conditions of his agents that were known on their way to a remote location in the Kalos region where the Zygarde core was due to land.

He smirked and stood up, causing Mewtwo, who was standing dormant by his side, to bring its head up in an attentive position. The device that was strapped securely around Mewtwo glowed, signifying its presence and control over the powerful Psychic-type.

"So, it seems like the core is finally ready for capture," Giovanni whispered to himself, watching as the location of his agents closed in on the isolated location that was home to countless native villagers. He knew that other people seeking the power that was contained within the core would be present, but he was confident that all of them would be crushed under his command.

Giovanni's smirk disappeared whenever a notification popped up on the monitor. It was an incoming video call from one of the head agents performing the attack on the village. He had ordered that no contact would be made unless an emergency was present, so the fact that one was occurring meant that something had gone wrong.

Clicking on the call, Giovanni was met with a live feed of the lead agent. "Giovanni, sir! So sorry to bother you!" The agent said, wearing an incredibly apologetic face. Giovanni grunted and barked back, "What is it? I specifically said not to contact me unless an emergency was present!"

The agent nodded and frantically explained, "There is an emergency! Half of our men have been knocked unconscious, but we don't know what's causing it!" Giovanni's eyebrows grew closer together in anger. "What do you mean!?" Giovanni roared angrily, feeling his time was being wasted by what seemed to be insubordinate.

The agent stuttered as he tried to reason with his boss. "I have no clue, boss! There's just something going around taking out all of our men!" The agent exclaimed. He turned the camera forwards and showed dozens of agents on the ground. Giovanni slammed his hand on his desk and yelled, "Find whatever is causing this and stop it!"

"We're trying to, boss!" The agent exclaimed, turning his camera back around towards his face. "Or at least, who's left of us anyw-" His voice was cut off and he could be seen plummeting towards as a thud was heard. "Agent, are you there!" Giovanni exclaimed in a somewhat annoyed tone. There was no response and the agent's phone was picked up by another person.

The video call showed someone in a ninja mask momentarily staring at the camera angrily before they dropped the phone. Giovanni watched in horror as the camera was able to pick up the ninja knocking out the rest of the agents with ease. Giovanni screamed and grabbed a few Pokeballs nearby on his desk. He walked away from the monitor and looked back at Mewtwo with a commanding look.

Mewtwo nodded and floated over to Giovanni obediently. "Take us there. Now," Giovanni commanded in a calm voice. Mewtwo did a slight nod and placed its hand on Giovanni's shoulder so that it could psychically teleport them to the Ninja Village so that Giovanni himself could secure the Zygarde core.

[-]

There's screaming. I guess that means the core is here right now. That also means he's here. I need to get to the core before he does. These were the thoughts of Aaron, who had just teleported to the location of the core, which was in the Ninja Village.

"Ash!" Aaron screamed, hoping to find his son, and explained everything to him. There was no doubt to him that A had found him and told him his side of the story, which was not how he wanted Ash to view him. I need to tell him why I'm fighting him, he reminded himself.

"Ash!" He screamed again, hoping to see someone look at him in recognition. Unfortunately, no one in the crowd he was in stared at him, instead of keeping their eyes on the incoming Zygarde core. He realized that to find Ash, he was going to have to go directly towards the Zygarde core in hopes of finding him there.

Aaron ran towards where the core would land, pushing away distracted people in his way. He knew that he was going to come into contact with Team Rocket grunts, which only fueled him more knowing that he was going to be able to stop Giovanni once and for all.

Getting ever closer to the location, Aaron saw three individuals that stood out from the rest of the village. It was a boy, a younger girl, and a man all talking to each other while the boy was tinkering on a machine. Aaron walked over to the three, realizing that they were most likely involved in the event somehow.

He stayed far away and watched curiously as the boy constantly asked the young girl for tools, to which she would hand them to him every time. The man, who seemed to be a professor to Aaron based on his white lab coat, was reviewing something on a device that seemed to be related to the machine the boy was working on.

Aaron went behind a nearby building and inched his way over to the three, attempting to eavesdrop on their conversation. "...if we can get this done, it might be of some help," The man said, his face stuck in the device's screen. The young girl, who was just now handing the boy a screwdriver, remarked, "I know Clemont can build this machine! I have faith in him!"

The boy, presumably Clemont, muttered something to himself that Aaron simply couldn't make out. Sycamore nodded and said, "It should enhance Ash and his Pokemon safely this time." There was a hint of guilt in his voice as if he had done something prior that related to this machine.

What stood out most to Aaron, however, was the name that the man had dropped. He knows Ash! Aaron thought to himself as he looked around to try to find the raven-haired trainer. Unfortunately, he couldn't see him and decided to keep on listening in secret, as since they knew Ash, they most likely knew about himself.

"Ash still never told us about that man that was calling his name," the blonde-haired boy working in the machine remarked. "The one that we saw at the portal?" The young girl asked, handing the boy a wrench. He nodded and added, "He seemed pretty angry when he heard that this guy was here, so I'm curious about who he is."

Aaron was upset that Ash was bothered by his presence but also understood it. I kept myself from his life for so many years, he reminded himself. But I am glad to see that Delia raised him well. The thought of meeting Ash's mother, his wife, once more both excited and terrified Aaron, a confusing combination of emotions.

"That should be the last screw, Clement," The man remarked, bringing his head up from the device. The boy got up from under the machine and nodded at the man, saying, "Looks like it." The man grabbed the machine and began walking away from the spot and towards the Zygarde core, the two blonde kids not far behind.

Aaron decided to follow, as he recalled that they said the machine was for Ash. As he continued keeping a low profile while following the three, he noticed that fewer and fewer people were crowding the streets, presumably going into their homes. He looked over at one group of villagers and saw a large frog-like Pokemon escorting them into a building.

That Pokemon looks powerful, Aaron thought to himself, crouching as he stared at it. He quickly looked away and tried to act unsuspecting as it looked over at him with intense interest. He tried to get out of its line of sight before he lost the group of three. He looked over where it stood before and saw that it wasn't there anymore, leading him to believe he was safe.

This made it all the more startling when he looked back towards the group and saw the ninja frog standing in front of him. "What the-!" Aaron exclaimed, falling back onto the ground and staring up at the menacing Pokemon. "I wasn't trying to do anything, I swear!" Aaron exclaimed, putting his hands up to his face.

Greninja extended its arm and softly said, "Gren." Aaron looked at Greninja's webbed hand and took it, allowing Greninja to lift Aaron off the ground and into his feet again. "Thank you," Aaron said gratefully. Greninja nodded and continued staring at Aaron, almost as if he was studying him.

"What's going on?" Aaron asked the Greninja, who said nothing and continued to stare. For some odd reason, Aaron found it much more reasonable to stay with this random Pokemon than continue pursuing the group that would most likely lead to Ash. Greninja looked Aaron up and down and suddenly had a surprised expression.

Aaron looked at Greninja inquisitively as the ninja frog raised its hand and gestured for him to follow along. Aaron stared at Greninja, who turned around and again beckoned Aaron to follow him. "Alright, if you say so," he said, walking behind the Pokemon, which was coincidentally going in the direction of the group of three.

Over at the incoming Zygarde core, Ash stood alongside Pikachu, Lucario, and everyone else, waiting for its arrival and anyone else that would try to capture it. "Keep a lookout, you guys," Ash had said to everyone before. "For all we know, anyone could try to get this core." They were all now waiting for something or someone to appear, expecting the worse.

"Ash!" A young girl's voice exclaimed. Ash looked over and saw Sycamore walking alongside the Lumiose siblings. "The machine is ready!" Sycamore yelled, grunting as he walked over to Ash and set it down, its bulkiness weighing him down. "What exactly is it supposed to do again?" Ash asked the group, having flashbacks to the scary incident in Sycamore's lab.

"It's supposed to enhance you and your Pokémon's strength using your aura," Sycamore explained. He saw the face of caution on Ash's face and quickly added, "I promise this time is safe to use." Ash smiled and nodded, agreeing to this. "We will need Greninja for this," Sycamore added, setting up the machine hastily as there was no telling when an enemy would approach them.

Ash scratched the back of his head. "I sent him to help out villagers, but for some reason, I can't understand what he's feeling right now," Ash explained, looking for any sign of Greninja. "You can't understand Greninja?" Serena said, walking over to Ash. "I thought you and him were emotionally bonded?"

Ash stared at Serena and nodded. "Right," he responded, frowning. "But for some reason, it's almost like there's someone else that's connecting with him right now," he explained, unsure of what he was trying to say. "Another person?" Serena repeated, feeling guilty that she couldn't help Ash at this moment. "How could another person be connected to Greninja?"

"It is possible," Sycamore said, his face full of thought. "But the other person would have to be extremely similar to the original owner. So similar that they would have to be-!"

"Family." Sycamore was cut off by a voice coming from the main village road. Everyone looked over in confusion, except for A, who loudly gasped. "They would have to be family, am I right?" Said a man who was walking right behind Greninja, who was right beside him.

"I-I suppose so," Sycamore responded cautiously, unsure of how to approach this person. Ash walked forward towards Greninja and asked, "What did you do to Greninja?!" in an angry tone. The man chuckled and said, "Don't be alarmed, Ash. I did nothing to Greninja."

"How do you know my name?" Ash retorted. Again, the man chuckled. "I think you know the answer," he said, directing his statement towards A. Ash turned around and asked A, "Do you know this man?" A nodded and gulped out of fear."That's Aaron," A explained, pointing at Aaron. "Your father." Ash, hearing the word, slowly turned back towards Aaron, who had a grin on his face. There was silence amongst the entire group as Ash tried desperately to process what he had just heard.

Unfortunately, his thoughts were cut off as a huge explosion was heard from behind them. "What the-!" Ash exclaimed, turning around to see a large impact being made into the stone wall that separated Ninja Village from the outside world. "What was that?!" Sycamore exclaimed, trying to keep the hair out of his face as the wind from the impact met the group.

The dust settled after the explosion and revealed something that instilled many different emotions. For Ash, it was an annoyance. For Goh, it was fear. For Aaron, it was pure, unbridled hatred that caused him to begin running directly at the person who caused the explosion.

It was Giovanni, mounted on top of Mewtwo with a power-hungry look in his eyes. "I'll kill you, Giovanni!!!" Aaron angrily roared with a guttural scream. Ash watched in horror as Aaron released an Aerodactyl from a Pokeball and began flying straight towards Giovanni, a clash that would surely cause more damage than the Zygarde core itself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.7K 2K 21
Ash Ketchum is an "ordinary" 18-year-old boy who has just graduated from Kanto High. Everything in his depressing world changes when he receives an...
24.9K 796 63
The sequel to 'A Journey's Link'. -Spoilers ahead- Six years have passed since the event transpired as a result of Giovanni and his manipulation of t...
77.5K 1.6K 23
The Sequel to "An Amourshipping Story" Disclaimer: I do not own any of these characters in this story or Pokèmon •~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•...
273K 6.4K 60
After travelling back to Kanto from a long holiday with his Mom, Ash finds all of his friends in the Kanto region. They all meet and discover a tourn...