Saved By The Boss [COMPLETE +...

By wrappedinamystery

He's rude, he's arrogant and downright insolent. She's a damaged good with walls built so high it's a surpri... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 1 - All In A Day's Work
Chapter 2 - Memory Lane
Chapter 3 - Second Time's The Charm
Chapter 4 - You're Fired
Chapter 5 - Aftermath
Chapter 6 - Cabin Fever
Chapter 7 - A Shot In Paris
Chapter 8 - Secrets
Chapter 9 - His Revelation
Chapter 10 - Stay With Me
Chapter 11 - Explosions
Chapter 12 - Case Closed
Chapter 13 - Meet The Queens
Chapter 14 - Apologies At Tiffany's
Chapter 15 - Tears And Tantrums
Chapter 16 - It's A Date
Chapter 17 - Lay Down Your Weapons
Chapter 19 - Break Down The Walls
Chapter 20 - She's Broken
Chapter 21 - Warts And All
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 22 - A Stranger On The Streets
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 23 - The Heat Of Hell
Chapter 24 - Never Alone
Chapter 25 - Teamwork
Chapter 26 - Pack Up Your Troubles
Chapter 27 - Lost And Found
Chapter 28 - Hide And Seek
Chapter 29 - Déjà Vu
Chapter 30 - See You Again
Chapter 31 - Wake Up
Chapter 32 - Without You
Chapter 33 - Wide Awake
Chapter 34 - Wave After Wave
Chapter 35 - Curiosity Killed The Queen
Chapter 36 - Troubled Waters
Chapter 37 - Bed, Scars & Beyond
Chapter 38 - Uncovered
Chapter 39 - Take Me Away
Chapter 40 - A Love Like No Other
Chapter 41 - CEO, Interrupted
Chapter 42 - Family First
Chapter 43 - In The Dark
Chapter 44 - Dirty Dancing
Chapter 45 - White Lights
Chapter 46 - Confessions
Chapter 47 - Partners In Crime
Chapter 48 - Prison Bound
Chapter 49 - Black & White
Chapter 50 - Rich To Richest
Chapter 51 - Sealed With A Kiss
The Epilogue
ANNOUNCEMENTS!
CAST LIST!
NEW STORY

Chapter 18 - Take Two

801K 25.9K 6.3K
By wrappedinamystery

Chapter 18 - Take Two

The next morning, I awoke to the sound of soft snoring. Jasper had his arms wrapped around me tightly, my face buried into his chest.

I looked up at him, his features so relaxed and content; I smiled before tearing myself away from his embrace.

Glancing at the clock, I noticed that it was seven – thank God it was Saturday.

Silently, I stepped into the shower and came back into my room with a towel draped around my body, cursing at the fact that I hadn't bought my clothes with me.

"Good morning, Scarlett," Jasper's sexy, half-asleep voice called out as I watched him sit up, folding his arms across his chest.

"Good morning. Did you sleep well?" I asked, my cheeks heating up.

"Very well, thank you," he smirked.

"That's great. The shower is available if you need to use it," I hinted at him to leave so I could change.

"No, I think I'll rest for a while, if that's okay with you, Miss Valentina," he smiled lazily, placing his hands behind his head, watching me expectantly.

"I don't mind at all, Mr Queen, but would you mind relocating bedrooms so I can find my clothes?" I said through gritted teeth.

"No, I really like it in here. The view is fantastic."

He wanted a reaction but he wasn't going to get one.

"Fine."

I made sure that the towel was wrapped securely before pulling out a pink bra with matching underwear from my drawer.

"Cute, conservative," Jasper smirked looking at me with approval.

"Shut up," I muttered, opening my wardrobe and picking out a pair of skinny jeans and a black dressy to; I would change into more formal attire before going to Jaspers parents' home in the evening.

Glaring at Jasper, I left and got changed quickly, I tied my hair into a fishtail plait and applied some light make up before ringing Smith to bring by Jasper's things.

"I've called Smith to bring you some clothes but obviously you can leave with him if you would prefer," I informed him as I walked back into my room. "In the meantime, I will be preparing breakfast."

"Always so efficient aren't we, Miss Valentina?"

"I have a job I would like to keep, Mr Queen," I said, giving him a pointed look before I walked out.

Fifteen minutes later, Jasper came down the stairs dressed in a nicely fitted grey T-Shirt and dark jeans.

Lord, was this man the epitome of sexy.

"See something you like?" He enquired, his blue green eyes twinkling in amusement as my face flushed red.

"Not really." I replied, turning back to the eggs I was frying.

"You look beautiful," he whispered in my ear as I jumped.

"Don't creep up on me like that!"

"Did I scare you?" He teased, grinning.

"Go and sit down, breakfast will be done in a few minutes," I ordered as he took a seat at the dining table, whipping out his iPhone from his pocket. I couldn't help but look at the way his long legs stretched from underneath the table, his muscular biceps on show as he rested his elbows on the table.

"Mm, this is so good," he said as he dug into his breakfast.

"I know it is," I smirked.

"How humble," he remarked as I poured him a cup of coffee. "What are your plans for today?"

"Well, I'm going to go grocery shopping and make my way to your mother's later on. Not very exciting. You?"

"I have a meeting with Zachary Caan in an hour and the rest of the day I shall probably be continuing with work plans."

"You and your work Jasper, one can hardly tear you away from it," I grinned sipping on my coffee.

"Oh, I can think of a few things that can," he winked.

"Get your mind out of the gutter," I said, rolling my eyes.

"I had better get going, Scarlett," he sighed, checking his phone. "Smith is waiting outside."

"Oh, okay." I replied trying to hide my disappointment.

"Thank you for breakfast, I haven't had a fry up this good in years." He threw a mouth-wateringly sexy smile my way.

"You're welcome. See you later."

"Bye, Scarlett."

And with that he left.

Sighing, I quickly washed the dishes and grabbed my handbag, deciding that I might as well get my shopping over and done with.

Just as I was putting on my shoes, there was a knock on the door. I walked over and opened it to see my best friend stood in front of me looking like absolute hell.

"Melissa?"

"Scarlett," she choked as I hauled her inside, closing the door behind me.

Silently, she took a seat on the couch as I sat opposite her, an awkward silence filling the air.

"Melissa, I – "

"Scarlett – "

I smiled as I gestured for her to carry on.

"Scarlett, I am so sorry. I shouldn't have you shut you out like that last night," she said, looking down. "I didn't... I didn't want you to tell me, I told you so."

"Melissa," I began. "Why would I ever – "

"Blake," she interrupted, solemnly, her eyes watering.

"Blake?" I frowned. "Is he okay?"

"He left me, Scarlett!" She sobbed as I sat beside her on the couch, hugging her. "And I-I'm pregnant!"

"What the fuck?" I breathed, pulling away from her. "Are you kidding me?"

"He left last night, after I'd told him." She cried. "When you called, we were arguing about what to do about the baby. I wanted to keep it and he.... He didn't."

"Fucking asshole," I seethed, wanting to rip Blake's head off.

"You can say it," she sniffled as I looked at her. "It's my own fault. I stayed with the cheating bas –"

"I don't even want to think about that prick let alone talk about him, Melissa," I told her quite seriously. "Now, go, freshen up and we are going to get some breakfast down you."

"I don't want to, Scarlett. I want to sleep," she muttered tiredly.

"Come on, Melissa, once you've relaxed we'll sort this out I promise," I urged as she reluctantly moved off the couch.

I picked out a pink summer dress with flat white pumps and placed them on my bed when my doorbell rang as I made my way downstairs to open it.

"Hey, Scarlett!"

"Hey, Rob, is that my car?" I asked excitedly as he grinned.

"It sure is! Here are the keys and here are the documents full of the legal shit. Enjoy, my duckie!" He grinned as he handed over the keys to my brand-new car.

"Thanks, Rob!" I squealed, waving him goodbye as he laughed.

Closing the door, I heard Melissa coming out of the shower.

"Who was at the door?"

"Rob, with the keys to my new car."

"You got a new car?"

"And a beauty he is," I stated proudly.

"And I thought it was all about boys and their toys," she smiled, before it began to falter.

"Right, off we go! You need to eat!" I announced, taking her hand as we got into the car.

Once we'd reached the Café, Melissa explained exactly what had happened last night.

"I woke up in the morning and he wasn't there. No note. No message. Half his shit gone and no trace of him anywhere," she said defeatedly, sighing.

I looked at her plate ensuring that she was eating properly; to my relief, she had finished the plate.

"This was all bought on because you wanted to keep the baby?" I questioned as she nodded. "Bastard."

"I phoned Mom and Dad just before I came to yours to tell them I was coming to stay with them but they don't have any idea why. I'm going to stay with them until the baby's born."

"Melissa, you're more than welcome to stay with me."

"It's okay, Scarlett, I need to be with them, they don't know the half of my life," she chuckled dryly before she perked up. "Say, I saw a suit jacket in your bedroom, who's been having late nights?"

"Melissa!" I groaned as she grinned widely.

"Tell me! I'm a pregnant soon to be single mother, I deserve to know!"

"It was Jas-"

"Oh, my god!" She interrupted loudly. "You had sex with Jasper?"

"No, Melissa. He stayed over," I sighed as I began to explain everything she missed over the past few days.

"God, I'm so sorry, Scarlett, I shouldn't have –"

"Melissa, it's okay, I think my boss and I dealt with him pretty damn well," I smirked as she looked at me sadly.

"I've been such a shit friend, Scarlett." She murmured. "After that whole Vincent thing happened, I wasn't there for you as much I should have been because I thought my bastard ex-boyfriend and his musical failure needed me more. And, now, with this perverted excuse of a man, I practically told you to fuck off."

"Well, not in so many words," I winked as she groaned. "I don't want you apologising again, Melissa. Your whole life is about to change and I think that's more important than worrying about who was or wasn't here for who."

"I know, but I'm still sorry and I'm still going to make it up to you," she told me adamantly as I gave her a small smile before glancing at my watch. Damn, it was four in the afternoon already. "Do you have somewhere to be?"

"Jasper's mom invited me for dinner but it's okay, I can go another time."

"No, Scarlett, it's fine, Mom's sending Jake to come pick me up." She informed me as her phone buzzed. "Speak of the devil. He's already here, we'd better get going."

I drove back to my place before hugging Melissa goodbye.

"I'll be round to see you in a couple of days, okay?"

"Thanks, Scarlett, I don't know what I'd do without you." she smiled as she got into her brother's car.

Once I had seen them off, I went inside and got dressed into my purple sun dress and slipped on a pair of purple pumps before running my fingers through my hair just as my phone rang.

"Hey, Jasper," I answered cheerily.

"Hello, Scarlett," his deep sexy voice replied. "Are you okay? I'm sorry I haven't called all day, I hadn't even realised the time until now."

"I'm fine, thank you, don't worry about it. How was your day?"

"It was good," he replied half-heartedly, sighing.

"What's wrong?" I frowned in concern.

"I missed you, today."

"I missed you, too," I smiled, even though he couldn't see me.

"And I missed that wonderful ass," he sniggered as I rolled my eyes.

Way to ruin a moment.

"God, Jasper!"

"Listen, I'm coming over to pick you up and I have something I want to ask you." He said seriously.

"What have I done?"

"Nothing, Scarlett," he laughed. "Now sit and wait pretty, I'll be over in five."

"See you later," I ended the call, wondering just what he was going to ask me.

As a man of his word, he knocked at the door in exactly five minutes.

"Hey," I smiled as I opened the door.

"Hey, back," he grinned, holding out a bunch of white roses. "These are for you."

"Thank you, they're beautiful," I smiled as he came and sat down. I placed the roses into a vase before sitting down beside him. "So, what did you want to ask?"

"Well, I don't really know how to say this," he shifted about uncomfortably. "Erm, remember the bridge from yesterday? Well, we're crossing it."

"I don't follow, are you firing me?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"What? No, I'm not firing you! I'm falling in love with you Scarlett! Everything about you is intoxicating - you're intoxicating. Will - will you be my girlfriend?"

Oh my God.

"Took you long enough," I joked as he laughed.

"Well? Will you? How long are you going to keep this suspense up for?"

"A little while longer," I teased.

"Scarlett!" He groaned.

"Yes, I'll be your girlfriend, Mr Queen," I smiled kissing his lips as he held me by my waist. "We need to get going, it's getting late."

"Can't a guy admire his girlfriend?" He teased as we stood up to leave.

"Already?" I laughed while my heart fluttered at the thought of actually being his girlfriend.

"Already." He grinned, kissing my lips softly. "Nice car. Who knew you'd have such great taste?"

"He's so beautiful," I sighed dreamily admiring my new car as we sat in Jasper's new car of the day - his beloved black Ferrari.

"He?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"His name is Austin," I stated proudly as he scoffed. "Do I detect jealousy, Jasper?"

"It's a car, I am a man, so, no, I am not jealous," he said pouting childishly as he drove. "And Austin? Really?"

"What? My first car was called Austin," I defended as he rolled his eyes.

He pulled up outside a grand mansion as my palms began sweating.

"Oh, God," I muttered, wiping my hands down my dress.

"What's wrong?"

"Jasper, the last time your parents and I met I was only your secretary and, now, I'm your girlfriend, they will think I'm with you for your money and -"

"Scarlett, they already know!" He laughed slipping his arm around my waist as we walked into the entrance of the Queen mansion. "I spoke to Dad about it and everyone knows he can't keep his mouth shut for more than a second, he's probably already told Mom and she loves you anyway."

"Let's hope you're right," I murmured as he opened the door.

God, this place was amazing, the interior was fantastic, I thought as he guided me into the living room.

"Scarlett!" James greeted standing up from the recliner before engulfing me into a hug. "Still got that pretty ass!"

"Well, it's not about to go for walkies in the middle of the night now, is it, Dad?" Jasper muttered sarcastically as I stifled a laugh.

A few minutes later, Elena emerged through the doors with Estelle who suffocated me with their tight hugs.

I looked over at Jasper who had his gaze held firmly on my chest before he noticed me glaring giving me a mischievous grin.

"Come," he whispered, leading me out of the room.

"Remember everything I taught you, son!" James yelled after us as Jasper pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration.

There certainly couldn't be a dull moment with this family, I laughed to myself as Jasper guided me up the grand staircase.

"That wasn't so bad, was it?" He asked, tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

"It's still early days, Jasper," I pointed out as he rolled his eyes.

"Don't be such a pessimist. That's my job." He stated as I laughed.

"Alright, I'm excited. Whatever happens from this moment on, happens and I'll be fine with it." I declared as he slowly pressed his lips to mine.

"Is this fine too?"

"I suppose, it's okay," I teased as he kissed my forehead.

It was the way he looked at me, though.

I'd never been looked at like that by any man in my life and it made me feel all sorts of ways, ways I'd never felt and I couldn't wait for more.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 82K 47
Janetta Summers, an editor for Bloomsburg Publishing House, is a kind, soft-spoken and shy young lady who loves books and children. Alexander Holt...
463K 14.1K 35
Xavier King:- 28 years Old business man. CEO of Maxwell & King Co. Multi-billionaire, Sexy, Intelligent, Cocky, Possesive, Devilishly handsome. He is...
268K 7.4K 26
*NEW BOOK! * BONUS CHAPTERS OUT NOW! They say he's hotter than sin, colder than ice. The CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Built from the ground up. He...
5M 147K 56
*** This story is now FREE!!!*** After a traumatic breakup with her college sweetheart, Aria Davenport meets an older, more sexually experienced busi...