⁀➷ HOPE

By NEJIVERSE

[COMPLETED] 'til death do us apart. ∘◦ ☆ ◦∘ ✎ Y/n l/n, having been deaf since... More

1. ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ʜᴏᴘɪɴɢ
2. ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏ ᴏꜰ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ ᴏɴᴇꜱ
3. ᴍɪꜱꜱɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ
4. ʀᴇᴀꜱꜱᴜʀᴀɴᴄᴇ
5. ᴅᴏᴜʙᴛꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅᴇᴄɪꜱɪᴏɴꜱ
6. ᴛʜᴇ ᴀᴅʀᴇɴᴀʟɪɴᴇ ᴊᴜɴᴋɪᴇ
7. ᴍᴏᴇʙɪᴜꜱ
8. ᴜɴꜱᴇᴇɪɴɢ
9. ᴡʜʏ ᴅᴏ ʙᴀᴅ ᴛʜɪɴɢꜱ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴ ᴛᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ?
10. ᴘʀᴏʙʟᴇᴍᴀᴛɪᴄ ᴘᴇʀᴘᴇᴛʀᴀᴛᴏʀ
11. ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴛᴏᴏ ʟᴀᴛᴇ
12. ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛ ᴇꜱᴄᴀᴘᴇ
13. ʟᴀᴛᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛꜱ
14. ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀɪᴇꜱ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʀᴇᴍᴀɪɴ
15. ꜰɪɴᴀʟ ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇꜱ
ᴇᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

16. ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ

3.4K 209 170
By NEJIVERSE

Read with angsty music, recommended music above <3

I loved her.

Mikey watched as the girl hopped from rock to rock which were situated in a small stream.

I loved her so much.

She stopped and turned around to see Mikey trying to catch up with her. "Like I said, I won't fall! Im halfway there already", she signed followed by a small giggle.

We were happy.

As she turned around to get to the end, she felt her leg slip on the rock from how slippery the water had made it which made her fall right into the water.

So then..

Mikey let out a sigh and hurried to help her up. "You see? I told you you'd fall".

Why did she have to leave me?

She blinked a few times before she let out a joyful laugh as she flicked back her now wet hair. "It was fun though, right?", she signed.

Why did things have to change.

"Yeah, it was", he signed as he laughed along with her.

-

The gathering was small and sorrowful.

Oh how his heart was weeping.

Mikey's face was numb and void of emotion. He had just lost the most important thing to him and it was just all too much to bear.

He hated the stiff feeling that engulfed the small hall, the black clothes and mournful weeps of others only adding to the depressing mood.

He stood at the back on the hall as everyone each took their turns standing at her coffin- which was beautifully decorated with an array of white roses and lilies- and paying their respects.

Mikey caught a glimpse of Y/n's parents and to his surprise, her mother was crying while her father patted the woman's back with a melancholic look etched on his face.

He was angered by this, reason being that they'd never done anything to support the girl. No words of encouragement, no nothing and yet Y/n still wished for their happiness. To him, they didn't deserve an inch of her kindness.

It soon came his turn and he slowly walked up to the case in which his lover was placed. His eyes moved to the picture of her that was placed there.

She looked so damn happy.

Why couldn't he do one simple thing- keep her smile?

Now, there was nothing he could do. It was too late.

He quickly bowed and made his way outside to receive some much needed fresh air.

As he got outside, he was met with Mitsuya who had his arm over his face, choking on his tears.

Mikey approached him and stood next to him with his hands in his pockets, looking up at the sky with that same numb look on his face.

Mitsuya heard footsteps approaching him and looked up at Mikey through his tear stained vision who only kept his gaze fixated on the grey clouds.

Mitsuya clenched his teeth at this. How could he stay so emotionless when someone he loved so dear had just past away?

He stomped up to Mikey and brought his hands up to his collar, pulling at it roughly.

"What is wrong with you Mikey?! Aren't you the least bit sad??", he shouted.

Mikey didn't react in any way. Only moving his gaze from the sky to look Mitsuya straight in the eyes. Mitsuya tightened his grip on his collar even more.

"She loved you...so much! And if—", he was cut off my Mikey calling his name.

"How'd you think she'd feel if she saw us crying, Mitsuya?", Mikey asked him in a voice just above a whisper.

Mitsuya's eyes widened as he loosened his grip on Mikey just slightly.

"You think she'd be happy?".

That wasn't the reason Mikey didn't cry. It was at the realisation that he would never find anyone like Y/n ever again.

She was one in a million.

She was his other half.

And she was his happiness.

There would never be another like her.

"She left a message for you on her phone for if she died", Mitsuya uttered as he let go of Mikey's collar completely before stuffing his hands in his pockets and walking off.

"Where're you going now?", Mikey asked.

"To find Baji".

————————

After not too much searching, Mitsuya finally found Baji sitting atop of some big rocks as he stared off with a concentrated look on his face.

"Why didn't you come?", he asked, sitting next to Baji.

"Come to what?", he asked, unbothered.

"You know what i'm talking about".

Baji sighed irritatedly and sent the lilac haired male a glare. "We stopped talking to each other long ago so leave it alone", he spat.

"No Baji you stopped talking to her. She always used to tell me how much she enjoyed you guys' conversations", he responded which made Baji grit his teeth in frustration.

"Why can't you understand that I want nothing to do with her?", his voice became louder but Mitsuya seemed to have not been intimidated in the slightest.

"This is the beach you guys always used to play at, isn't it?", he asked, looking forward to the sea.

Baji's eyes widened at his words. He was right, that was the same beach. It wasn't that he didn't want to attend her funeral, it's just..he was afraid. He felt as though he didn't have the right to be there.

"I know you guys had a fallout and all she wanted was for you to forgive her, but not once did you visit her in the hospital", Mitsuya tried containing his anger and not letting his emotions get the better of him.

There was a moment of silence before Baji spoke up.

"It was my fault we stopped talking. I was such a coward, and now there's nothing I can do. I won't even get the chance to apologise to her", his gaze fell to the floor as he scrunched his face in utter guilt and shame.

"Apologise to Mikey. It's the least you could do", Mitsuya closed his eyes with a small smile. He placed his hands at each side of himself and relaxed at bit.

Baji finished with a small nod."Yeah well i'm heading off, looks like it's about to rain", he said in a quiet voice as he stood up.

"It won't I checked the—", Mitsuya looked up with wide eyes to see a single tear fall down his cheek as he walked away.

"It seems it will", he uttered as he himself felt tears threaten his eyes.

————————

As Mikey was packing a few of Y/n's belongings from the hospital- he figured her parents would come and take the rest- his eyes fell upon her phone which made his recall what Mitsuya had told him.

He sat on the bed and turned on her phone, searching through their chats and her notes, he found nothing, which led him to finally check her camera roll.

There, he found a recent video and prepared himself to play it.

He saw Y/n trying to prop up her phone at the end of her bed with a smile on her face and when she succeeded, she sat on her knees and began to sign.

"Remember when you told me you loved my voice? From that day on, I told myself i'd only ever speak for you and you alone. Occasionally that is", she signed.

Mikey nodded slowly as if she were really there at this moment in time.

"So, i'm gonna try and speak without signing", she signed as she prepared herself for something she hadn't done since she was a little girl.

"I..", she spoke and signed at the same time but quickly stopped again.

"Sorry, i'm just so used to it", she signed and laughed before scrunching her hands into fists and placing them on her laps.

"I..", she spoke slowly so it would come out as clear as possible.

"Love..", Mikey felt his eyes water and his hands begin to tremble.

"You!", she finally spoke and smiled, feeling very accomplished with herself. Her eyes brightened up and she unclenched her fists.

"I did it", she signed and that was then the video ended.

Her phone fell from Mikey's hold as he started to cry silently to himself.

"I'm proud of you".

She loved him and he loved her....

But it wasn't that simple, was it?

End.

Word count: 1411 words
Date: 1/9/21
(D/M/Y)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.2K 2.4K 20
Aiko Monosuke is a high school girl with a part time job at a maid cafe... Manjiro Sano, Mikey, is the leader of Toman... Ryuguji Ken, Draken, is se...
356K 12.2K 18
"𝐲'𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐠𝐚𝐧𝐠?! 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐢 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐣𝐨𝐢𝐧 😏" "𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐲𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬? " "𝐬𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐮𝐩 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐥𝐥 𝐟...
18.5K 403 29
私の弱さ > • • • In this story you are Takemichi's sister and also the main character, together with your brother you have to change the future, but you...
28.4K 888 22
Hi guys, this is a Mikey x reader but it will kind of slow progress between the two. Yes we are badasses in this ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I hope you guys enjoy t...