Enchanting Potential (Mairima...

Master_of_Assassins द्वारा

"You are the brightness to my dullness. You are the sugar to my tasteless, bland tea. You are the sun that sh... अधिक

Preface
Prologue
Saviour
Fine 'n Dine
First Day of Demon School
Who is that Familiar!
New Demon in the Circle (I)
Blooming Friends(II)
The "Special" Class
The One Who Wants to Become Demon King and Demon God
Ameri's Hypothesis
First Love Memories
What Are You Truly Feeling, Hayami?
Promotion Day: Fierce Battle of Execution Cannonball!
Familiar Interaction Lesson(I)
The Battler's Challenge(II)
Commencement of Rookie Hunt
Magical Apparatus Battler(I)
Dinner with the Thirteen's
Building the Sparks of the Battler
Room Meant to be A Secret
Senpai's Disappearance and Suspicious Activity
Run, Iruma, to Kiriwo and Hayami
Craving More
Picking Everything Up
Awarding Ceremony
Humans Treatment in the Netherworld

Hard Work in Practice

720 27 12
Master_of_Assassins द्वारा

Published: 14/09/2021

Updated:

In the cafeteria, Iruma told them, "For now, I just want to climb from Alef to Bet. So I was hoping you could show me how to climb..." Asmodeus stood up. This had shocked Iruma. "Huh? Azz-kun?!"  

Asmodeus was being dramatic again with his tears. He turned around and covered his mouth. "I almost thought Iruma-sama had no interest in ranks but I knew it must've been getting to him deep down..." 

"Huh, umm..."

"Just let him vent Iruma-sama. He has been keeping this in for a while." She sighed. "I'm also happy you want to raise your ranks! I thought it was truly unfair that you were ranked Alef. That is despicable and imprudent."

"I still did not mind it." Iruma looked back at Asmodeus again.

"And he has every right to be upset! Iruma-sama did something as unprecedented as making the Guardian of Cutthroat Valley his pet, yet his rank was immeasurable. He obviously can't be ranked on the same scale as the rest of us demons, but that's no reason to place him at the lowest rank of Alef!" He got into Iruma's personal space. "I was displeased when you were ranked as an Alef, as well! I was becoming numb from all of our foolish classmates who lack ambition, but moving up the ranks is a demon's pride! Let us move up the ranks."

He started to calm down but his enthusiasm was still evident. "Now, let us prepare!" 

"S-Sure..." He said. 

"Yes," Hayami answered. 

Clara sat up. "Prepare for what?"    

Instead of Asmodeus, Kuro spoke. "In order to get Iruma-sama and Hayami-sama to rise up to the Yodh ranks and S rank." 

He interjected. "So they can then reign over...all of Babyls!" 

"Oh, dear cousin. I think you frightened them!" She looked over at them.

They screamed. "What?!" Iruma looked like he could faint from his outburst claim, Clara looked excited and Hayami had her normal blank stare and a small smile. She was already too used to them, and she normally doesn't show much burst of excitement but she didn't think about that bug responsibility either. 

"Holy crap!"

"He just said something crazy!"

"Not only one, but two legends are about to be born!"

Eiko was staring with admiration. "I'm sure Iruma-san could do it!"

Shadow was also staring much like Eiko. "I'm sure Hayami-san could do it, no doubt." 

"One rank up, please!" Clara asked and Cam replied with a, "Leave."

"A-Azz-kun, I'm fine with just being a bet..." He responded. 

"H-Huh? B-But..." He looked down in disappointment and then gasped. He closed his eyes. "Nay, this is Iruma-sama we're talking about. I'm sure he has some profound reason that I could never even fathom." He knelt down and bowed his head. "I apologize for my presumptuousness." 

"Er, don't worry about it! Could we stop standing ou-"

"Hayami-sama, you need your promotion too! We must go onwards to the path of your success." He beamed. She sweatdropped and Kuro responded eagerly with a nod about almost everything her cousin was saying. 

"Well, if you want to help me that much, I guess it will be okay." She told him. 

"Now!" Asmodeus put his arms out, protecting the two students. "Iruma-sama and Hayami-sama are going to prepare to rise up to the rank of Bet and Zayin. Make way!" He demanded. Iruma was speechless yet again then covered himself under her haori. 

"Why Bet?"

"Dang, he suddenly brought his expectations but Hayami's still quite high."

"This is still gonna be crazy!"

"I'm devi looking forward to it!" 

Eiko worriedly spoke. "Wh-What should I do? If Iruma-sama goes up to Bet, we won't be the same rank anymore." 

"Well, you could move up too." Her friend replied to her, still chewing on her meat. 

"I need to raise my rank too so I can be in the same rank as Hayami-sama." Shadou slammed his fist in his open hand when he said that. "I can't stay down."

"Yeah, yeah, good luck with that. It's like your world only revolves around her, come on." His friend rolled his eyes. This caused him to grew an irk mark on his forehead before blasting him with words on end. 

Crocell clenched her fists when she heard this whereas Shax smiles. "Sounds fun."

"Now, let us go, Iruma-sama and Hayami-sama!"

"Sure." He came out from her haori. 

"Wait, wait!" Cam swayed his bamboo spear. "Take her away!"

"Yeah! Take me away!" Clara was sitting down on it. 

"How do you always put yourself in these sort of situations? Honestly, can't you just calm down just for a little while, will you?" Kuro lectured her while Hayami took her down so they can get going. 

***

They were walking down the large underground platformms. "Where are we?" Iruma asked. 

"This is Babyls underground gym." Asmodeus said. 

"I never a place like this would exist under our classrooms. I'm shocked." He commented.

"This school sure does have a lot of surprising places within its walls, huh?" She looked around the place. 

"It's so big!" They all looked at her. "Connor! Murf! You can run around all you want down here! Roll...ing-g-g-g-g-g-g-g!" She spun in a ball. 

"So they're not actually running...." He said. 

"Honestly, she's such a nuisance."

"Too wild and abrasive," Kuro replied.  

"That is what makes her so fun." She chimed in. 

The three stood next to each other as Asmodeus and Kuro were explaining about this rank. He raised his finger. "There is currently one way for you to go up a rank, Iruma-sama, and Hayami-sama. And that's to get good marks on the periodic rank promotion exams we have in class. The thing we'll be tested on... is execution cannonball." There was an intense glare in his eyes. 

"Execution..."

"Cannonball?"

"...Skip to my lou?"

"Cannonball! You weren't even trying." 

Iruma smiled a little and Hayami giggled and covered her mouth. 

"Execution Cannonball was once used as a test to quell a sudden outbreak of demons fighting over their territories. It is a bloody massacre!"

"Weapons called caimans were used, once they bite down, they will not let go of their prey until they're torn to shreds."

"And the one who enters their enemy's castle and eliminates everyone inside first is the winner." Asmodeus finished off the explanation. 

Iruma shook a little with a blue shade and slightly shadowed eyes. "Th-That's horrifying!" 

"Basically, this is the territorial war in this case." Hayami casually replied while crossing her arms.

"Indeed. But due to the number of casualties..." He showed the green ball with black short stripes and Babyls' crest in the middle. "We just use this ball now instead of caimans." 

"A ball" He exclaimed. 

He continued to explain in detail the execution cannonball. "And to conserve time and money, we are now using these territories marked by lines instead of castles!" 

"That's super effective!"He exclaimed again.

"Those who are hit by the ball must go to the outfield!" He had his arms out on his sides. 

"The outfield!" He repeated. 

"Bring it on! Hey, hey!" Clara waved her arms and stayed outside of the line. "Even if you are in the outfield, you can come back onto the court as soon as you hit an enemy with a ball." He turned his head to Clara. "Valac, bring out the cursed puppets so we can have enough players."

"Kay!" She summoned some dummies with purple auras around them but they sing. "Cursed..." in a low to condescending tone. "Cursed puppets, huh?"

"Yes." Kuro nodded.

"Alright! Let us start practicing!" They all trained with the puppets but Iruma kept dodging instead of trying to catch the ball. 

"Yay!" 

They all did some practice. The cursed puppet threw one at Hayami and one high-fived Iruma. He laughed with a smile then turned to serious. "This is just dodgeball!" He dropped the ball and slammed his arms on the ground and on his knees. "I mean, I figured it out gradually during the explanation, but..." The puppet and Asmodeus looked a little confused., questions marks appeared beside their heads. 

"Curse?"

"Is something the matter?" 

"I'm not letting my guard down anymore!" he tensed but then turned relaxed with his eyes closed. "Then again, the netherworld really is laid back every once in a while. If we're just going to play dodgeball, even I can—" A rush of wind passed then a ball smashed into the stone wall, destroying it. 

"Hmm?" She said with eyes closed. It was sure none of the other three, so she concluded one person who would do that. "I should have known." the ball dropped out of the smashed stone wall. "You really are competitive, Sabnock." She turned her head at the tall muscular male who was smirking with shadowing eyes just a little. 

Iruma was frightened as he looked at him. "S-Sabnock-kun!"

"A battle to the death to climb the ranks... I'd expect nothing less from thee!" He proclaimed. 

"Now, now. That was uncalled and were you seriously aiming to do that?" She pulled Iruma into her arms and he shakenly placed an arm around her. "Jeez, you are quite a brute. What did I tell you?"

"Oh ho ho, but my rivals, this is with strength." He answered back. 

"We're bored, so let us play, too!" Jazz said. 

"Let's play, let's play!"Shax said.

"Harmony is greatest of virtues. " Allocer said, 

"Jeez, what a pain..." Agares lazily said. 

"Guys!" Iruma said. 

Sabnock laughed. "Such merriment!" he threw the ball with force at Gaarp. 

He placed his hand on the hilt of the sword. "Special technique..." He unsheathes his wind blade. "Wind-Sword Kill!" The ball was cut in half but was going in Crocell and Agare's direction. 

She screamed and he groaned before she used her arms as shields, her hands lit up with power, and the ice raised from the ground had frozen the ball in place. Agares controlled the ground to rise and shield him too. The ball was deflected. "You're so loud!" He covered his ears. 

"I'm not done yet!" He threw the balls simultaneously. "take this and this and this!"  The balls were being thrown everywhere and hit many rock formations. 

"Wow..." Jazz said with Shax chuckling. 

"Want some candies?" Offered Clara. 

"He's so wild as ever." Hayami smiled with a sweat drop and Kuro face plamed herself before sticking her hand out, a shield projected before them to block the incoming balls from hitting any of them. 

'This isn't laid back at all!' He internally panicked. 

"I'll be waiting for you, Iruma and Hayami."

He fell on his knees and hands. "I'm sorry, I can't, Ameri-san... I'm not going to be able to climb the ranks like this...Training's not exactly going to help me out here."

"Training, Iruma-sama?" Asmodeus comes to his aid. 

"Huh?" He looked up. 

"You must want to train!" He smiled with a sparkling admiration in his eyes, 

"Huh? Ummm." 

He walked over to him. "There is a possibility that your rank will be immeasurable again, Iruma-sama. We need to be extra careful." He proposed. "I fear that I will not be a substantial opponent for your training, Iruma-sama." He put his hand down from his chin. "Why don't you discuss this matter with someone of a much higher rank?"

"A high-rank demon?" 

"Yes. it's someone you know as well, Iruma-sama."

"Oh! Hayami-san!" He looked over at the female. "Hayami-san! Could you help me train, please? Surely you can because of your strength." 

"Ah~" She let out with a worried look. "I fear that I can not help you either, sorry." She raised her hand. 

"Why can't you, Haya-ki?" 

She looked down and muttered something. "Magic..."

They looked at her quizzically. She looked back at them. "The thing is, I don't know how to use my power without my spear. Now, I do have the strength to back it up but I'm weak in magic without my spear. I guess you can call me a late bloomer." She laughed sheepishly to the shock and dismay of the others. Almost everyone looked like that except for Iruma who totally understand it. 

"Hayami-sama, how come you don't know? Are you sick?" Asmodeus and Kuro quickly looked around her body to see if there were any abnormalities but found none. "No, you're clearly healthy but something is definitely wrong!" She alerted. 

"What can I say? At least I know how to channel my power through my spear but..." She trailed off. They can not know she was from the human world, plus it had crossed her mind many times to learn magic without her speaker, but she either forgets or put it off.

"You can't use weapons in dodgeball," Asmodeus said. 

"You know who you can go to?" Kuro asked. 

At the chair demon's room, it was dark in the room and lightning struck outside, lighting the room for a brief moment. "I see..." He lifted his chin off his intertwined fingers. "Please... tell me more about this training." Lightning struck again, his glasses reflected the light from it. 

In the misfit classroom, Kalego stood with the clipboard in hand. "Where the hell did they go?"

***

Iruma and Hayami are completely surrounded by demons. The difference in strength between Iruma and the others is beyond evident. 'There's nothing I could possibly do right now...so..."

Back at the mansion, Iruma thanked him. "Thank you for training me, Chair-demon." 

"Thank you for training me to use my powers." 

"Oh, Iruma-kun...You're supposed to call me  Grandpa outside of school! Why did we bother coming back home?" He fumed childishly.

"Huh? S-Sorry!" He apologized. 'Apparently, it wasn't for training.'

"Okay, first, let's give it a light throw." He pointed to the two large boulders. "Throw it at that."

"I-I'm not sure If I can throw that far... I'm really bad at this." Iruma said. 

"Oh! I can." Hayami piped in and she gripped the ball tightly. She spread her legs a little and held the ball behind her then threw it. As soon as the ball collided with the boulder, it crumbled into little pieces of rocks, and then she stretched her arms. "That felt great."

"Impressive Hayami-chan!" Lord Sullivan clapped his hands at his protege's work while Iruma stared in awe too. "I definitely can't throw like Yami-chan." He said.

"You'll be fine as long as you do just as I say." He reassured. "Right Hayami-chan?"

"Yes, master." She agreed.

"Spread your legs just a little bit."

"L-Like this?" He did what he said.

"Yes, perfect! Don't put too much strength into your right arm, either."

"Okay."

"Now try throwing it." 

'I was imagining something crazy for training, but this is basically just normal dodgeball.' 

"O-Okay, I'll give it a shot!" He was ready to throw the ball. 

"Oh, when you throw, make sure to yell "Libera!" He added. 

"W-Wait, what? Libera!" He threw it. 

"It must be an incantation if he says to call those words out." True to her words, when Iruma threw the ball, a blue light sparked around the ring then blue energy and fiery dragon engulfed the ball and destroyed the boulder. Her eyes lit up at the cool magic displayed while he looked horrified. 

Lord Sullivan was looking on with his hand over his eyes. "Woo, well done. You'll annihilate them, without a doubt. Training over."

 She shook her head. "That wasn't proper training."

"I'm full of nothing but doubts! No using magic!" He loudly disagreed. 

"Aw, why not? It's so easy." 

"Umm...this power is your power, Grandpa, and I feel like it's cheating. I want to be able to do this on my own. So I don't want to use magic..." Iruma trailed off. The two listened to him attentively and she couldn't help but be more amused by him. He wants to do this on his own and not by using his magic. 'How commendable and it shows he wants to do this independently. I can't wait to see your progress and results in the end.'

"But it's going to be really hard not using magic." He took his hands in his. "So..." A light faint glow around them. "I just strengthened your hands so you can at least catch the ball. This will allow you to have a fair match, right?"

Iruma's smiled with light pink dusted his cheeks. "Thank you, grandpa!"

'Wholesome...' He stood there before hugging himself. 

'Wh-What's wrong?"

"I'm currently saving that image into my heart's memory. I need to make sure I put a file lock on it."

"Memo... file lock?! Wait, what?" 

"Devi, devi, devi!" He gave a thumbs up. "And as for you Hayami-chan. You'd probably do not need much help in training with catch or throwing but you definitely need training with unlocking your own power to use on your own without a conduit. You will be subjected to training in telekinesis. Start with the basics. There won't be enough time to use anything else before Execution Cannonball, but this will give you a good head start."

She nodded. "Understood, master." 

"This should be simple enough. You see those four medium-size rocks." He pointed to them that was in a diamond formation on the ground. "You will be concentrating to lift them up with telekinesis, and that is without your spear."

"Huh?" She said in disbelief. "I'm up for the challenge, but I don't think it is possible for me to just lift them up just like that. I don't know how to do this."

"You can do it. You have to start before the date, and you need to unlock your inner power. I know you can do this, I am put all my faith in you." Lord Sullivan said.

Hayami let out a light blush and also smile. "Thank you, Master."

Sullivan started to shake and shiver. "That smile...I need to put a file lock in my heart's memory as well." He turned to Iruma. "Don't worry. If you want to train without using magic, I know of a better teacher." He raised his finger.

They heard a wheel rolling and Opera showed up with a cart full of balls. and they held up one. "I shall now take over as your mentor."

"Opera-san?"

"Okay, now I'm leaving the rest to you." He walked away and waved "Do your best!"

***

Hayami sat down on the ground and looked at the rocks as she contemplated on how to do this. 'How can I awaken my powers without my spear? This is more difficult than I thought.' She rubbed her forehead then closed her eyes. 'Concentrate.'

"Okay, let us begin."Opera threw it but Iruma dodged them as expected. 

"Wait... This is... too sudden!"

"I'm going to keep going." They started throwing again and as usual, he dodged them all. 

"Wait! Seriously! Wait, wait! opera-san? Opera-san?!" Iruma was left panting on the ground on his knees. 

"As I thought, you are a true master at evading, Iruma-sama. But if you want to move up the ranks, you mustn't just evade. You have to hit your opponent." 

"Hit...my opponent?" He asked in between breaths. 

"Indeed." 

The small black eye blob demon passed another ball to Opera. "First, let's try catching the ball. As much as this pains me, I'm going to continue throwing." They raised the ball in their hand and threw more. 

"But...wait...this is..."

"Oh, how it pains me so." They nonchalantly said. 

"There's no sign of any expression on your face." Iruma pointed out. 

"This is all so you don't get hurt in a real match. Also, if you truly wish to move up the ranks, it will require even harsher guidance. Please be prepared." They nonchalantly replied but their tone and eyes made Iruma uneasy before he screamed from the top of his lungs. This took her out of her concentration. 

"Jeez, I lost focus." She muttered while not even looking at Iruma dodging balls from Opera's speedy throws. 

Bats were flying and the sky changed into its orange hue, symbolizing it was now evening. "That is all for today."

"Okay..." He barely squeaked out.

Hayami laughed. "Oh dear, Iruma-kun. Opera-san sure tired you out, huh? That's to be expected." He only whimpered in response and she lifted him up easily, holding him in her arms and took him inside. 

***

They sat down next to each other on his bed as he held the ball, inspecting it. "Catch...Catch?" Their phone beeped and she picked it up to read it. 

Asmodeus: Iruma-sama, Hayami-sama, how goes your training? Please allow us to support you. We're friends, after all! No need to reply! I'm just honoured that you read my messages at all!"

Kuro: Yes. Alice-kun is right. We would love to support you every step of the way. I hope all is well.

Clara: Go, go, Iruma-chi and Haya-ki! Devi, devi, go, go!

Asmodeus: Must you interrupt me even here, you insolent fool?!

He feud with her in the chat and she was trying to calm them down. She smiled at the refreshing conversation along with Iruma. 

"Azz-kun, Kuu-chan and Clara, too...Thank you." He said. "We should probably report to Ameri-san too."

***

"Iruma-sama!"

"Hayami-sama!"

"Fight, fight!"

"Today, we shall continue our lessons in catching and power unlocking," Opera told him then turned to her.

"Okay." He said and she give a nod. 

She closed her eyes and thought of what Opera said earlier. 

***

Flashback

"You haven't got any progress yet?" Opera approached her since Iruma wanted a small break from their rigorous training. She sighed sadly. "No, Opera-san. it's harder than it looks. I don't know how to unleash it out."

"May I give you a suggestion." He said. "You should try being one with your inner power."

"Being one?"

"Yes. As it is now, you aren't going anywhere because your body is resisting your mind. Think about it like this, if you try to ride a horse for the first time it will go against you and you don't know how to use them. Why? Because it is resisting and it doesn't get to know you yet you don't know how to ride one. If you get well acquainted with it, it will slowly stop resisting until you can fully ride him with control." They told her. 

"Oh." She realized when he said that. 

"Do you finally realize? Without proper connection, it can not happen. Please try to connect to yourself better." They said. 

"I get it. Thank you." She smiled at him adorably and their ears twitch with a very light blush.

***

They looked at her for a brief moment then looked at Iruma. He threw the ball at him and it stopped in front of his face. "Whenever the ball is about to hit your face, I will stop it like so. Please catch it rather than evading it." 

"Okay."

He threw them and once again he instinctively dodged them all. Opera stretched his cheeks. "I'm sorry! My body has a mind of its own." His cheeks went back in place with a smack when they let go. 

"Please listen. Make sure you watch the ball and concentrate. here we go, Iruma-sama."

"Okay."

They jumped. "Please, catch!" The ball was engulfed with heat from the velocity. 'Keep my eyes on the...ball?!' He dodged again.

"Now, grab it!" They yelled but he evade it again. 'I can't.'

"Iruma-sama!"

"Iruma-chi!"

He turned back to them and when the ball came, he merely touched it as it grazed his hand upon impact. They were in awe and Opera's ear twitched. "That's the spirit! Strengthen your lower body and concentrate!"

Iruma took his jacket off. "Okay!"

***

Ameri rests her hand on the volumes of "First Love Memories" on the large bookshelf. 'So Iruma and Hayami had begun their training...I guess we'll have to put the reading of the forbidden texts on hold.' She bowed her head. 'It must be done. I shall wait until their exam is over. Do your best, Iruma and Hayami. 

Hayami helped him in sits up,  holding his bent legs in place. "You need to strengthen those muscles!" Opera told him. He laid back down with a groan. 

"Iruma-sama!"

"Fight!" 

They fanned him quickly. 

He struggled to do push-ups next and he fell flat on his face because of Clara sitting on him. "You can do it, Iruma-chi! Lift me up!"

"Do not interfere!"

He scolded her. 

She sat in the meditation position while taking deep breaths and exhaled out, trying to reach deep into her life force but then Clara shouted, causing her to gasp and fell over with a thud. "Yes! Fight, fight, haya-ki! Keep going!"

"Stop distracting them." Kuro scolded too and dragged her off.

Early morning with Opera, they were jogging and they were motivating them to keep pushing. "Faster!" She also was jogging with them to also keep him motivated. On a rainy day, Asmodeus accompanied him and held the umbrella so it was over their heads. 'Catch.'

She looked at the rock in front of, beside, and behind her. 'I have to lift them up.' She closed her eyes and let out a moan. "Ah~ that hits the spot." She said happily while Kuro was massaging her shoulders then rubbed her temples. "Too much concentration can lead you strained." 

***

He was eating the food and she just finished hers.  "Iruma-sama." 

"Hayami-sama."

They looked up. "Here is some water."

"You must keep yourselves hydrated." She reminded. 

"Azz-kun, thank you."

"Thanks, Kuu-chan."  They held their hands to take the bottle. 

"Eat even more!" Clara encouraged, holding a bigger plate of food above her head. 

"I see you have a healthy appetite as usual." They passed the bottles to them but they slipped from Iruma. 

"Iruma-sama! Your hand. It's quite injured!" He concerned acknowledged this. 

She was sipping her water then put the bottle down, looking wide-eyed as he said so then looked at his hands. He was right. 'I'll have to treat it later.' She thought. 

"Yeah! The ball will actually hit my hands half the time now." He informed. "Also, I'm finally able to recognize Opera-san's different moods. When Opera-san's kitty ears are droopy, they're in a bad mood. When the kitty ears are pointed up, they're in a good mood." He answered. 

"Huh..." Clara said. 

"I see." Asmodeus also commented. 

"That's why I saw their ears were down two days ago." Kuro also commented. 

"The more you know, the better." Hayami chimed in. 

The three watched Iruma hold up the ball and stare at it while muttering. "Catch...Catch." She was looking down at her hands and clenched them into fists. "Lift...." She was so tempted. Her hand was reaching just above her head, grazing the leaf hair accessory in her hair but her hand was stopped by another soft hand. She looked at the hand then at Iruma who shook his head. "No, Yami-san." 

Her eyes widened at the determined stare with hints of seriousness that made her froze a little. "O-Okay." She said. 

"Iruma-chi's and Haya'ki's amazing, huh?" She asked. "Demons usually get bored so easily."

"Yes..." Asmodeus and Kuro replied together. "Iruma-sama and Hayami-sama are.. quite eccentric." He smiled

***

After a day of grueling training, she was taking him to his room. She opened the door and left it slightly opened as she put him down on the bed. 

Opera and Lord Sullivan peaked through the gap of the door. "Looks like they worked really hard again today. So, how is the training going?" Do you think they'll make it in time." he clasped his hands with sparkles and turned to him. 

"He still has yet to catch the ball even once. She also has yet to lift the rocks." Sullivan gasped. 

"Eh?!" He panicked. "Are they going to be okay? Will they be able to do it?" 

"However..." he stopped panicking." They seem to be having fun every day." They informed. 

"I see!" Sullivan was pleased to hear that nonetheless.

Hayami had made sure he was comfortable enough in bed and put the sheets on him. "You've been working so hard. You will definitely get through this." She muttered to herself, taking out a small cream from her haori pocket. She gently took his hand and raised it up while spilling the contents on his bruised palm, rubbing it softly to prevent him from waking up. 

He let out a soft groan when the cold cream was gently plastered on his hand. She froze a little, hoping he wouldn't wake up because she didn't intend to wake him up from his slumber. Luckily for her, he was still asleep. She quietly did the same to the other and put them back in place. She put the cream back in her pocket.

Gradually, she knelt down and rest her chin on the bed while staring at his sleeping face. 'So cute.' Her tail swayed and her inverted heart tip started to glow faintly from her emotions. She leaned forward, closing his eyes, and kissed his forehead. "Have a good sleep, Iruma. It won't be any easier tomorrow."

***

'Just a little bit more...' he thought. They were training once again. Opera held the ball, Asmodeus, Kuro, and Clara was standing watching as moral support. Hayami had folded her legs in the meditation seating once again but her hands were raised instead of the thumb and index touching. 

"Tomorrow is the promotion exam. There's no more time." They threw the ball and he let out a grunt. 

'Just a little more.'

A glow happened to catch their eyes and Hayami moved her hands upwards as a violet colour was around the rocks as they started to move around her. 

"Haya-ki!"

"Hayami-sama!" Both of them said

Opera watched too and couldn't help but let out a small smile while Iruma was looking in awe. "That is..." She slowly got up as she moved her hands. The rocks followed her hands' movements then she punched the air as the rocks went hurling far away. Her eyes flutter open and then she grinned. "I did it!"

"Yay! devi, devi, yay, yay!! Haya-ki!" She hopped on her and the other two also praised her as well. 

"That was excellent! You did it!" Kuro cheered. 

"I Know Hayami-sama would pull through!" Asmodeus also commented and she stretched. 

"Thank you, guys." She grinned and looked over at Iruma with a thumbs up, encouraging him that he got this. She was sure he will make it before the exam day, as his progress was remarkable in that short time. 

He let out a brighter smile then turn to them. 

Lubb-dupp

"Just a little more.' He thought. "Another one please!"

"Here I go!" Opera threw the ball in his right hand then left. 

He crouched a little. 'Strengthen my lower body...And then...' He dodged it at the last second. 

"Keep my eyes on the ball!" They reminded.

'Keep my eyes... on the ball!' As they all gasped, He opened his hands to catch 

Lubb-dupp

'Make sure...' Opera's lips curled into a small smile too. 'To keep my eyes on the ball.' he caught the ball and smiled. The others were amazed and Iruma lifted it above his head. "I caught it!" he cheered. 

They approached him. "Splendid." Asmodeus cheered. 

Clara clapped her hands. "Five, five, devi five!" They high-fived each other. "Yay!" They cheered.

"Hey, Iruma-sama's hands are injured!" He exclaimed. 

"I'm fine," he assured and gave him a close-eyed smile then raised his hand. "Did you want to do it, too, Azz-kun?" 

"I-Is that so?" They high-fived each other with smiles and giggles. 

"Me too." Kuro and he also high-fived then he looked at her. She clapped her hands then high-fived too. "Just need to keep going so you can remember it when the time comes." She let it go. "Good job."

Clara cheered around them. "Devi five! Devi, devi five!" 

Their ear twitched. "Let us continue before you forget that feeling. After we're done here, I shall prepare the finest meal for the two of you." They said.

Iruma smiled with a small blush and so had her too. "Okay." They said together. 

***

Later in the evening, Lord Sullivan spoke to them, "Looks like they're ready."

"Yes." They watched the quartet nap soundly under the tree. She has woken up and groggily looked over at the two figures. "Master!" She whispered yelled. Carefully, she got up from Asmodeus's side so he won't wake up and leaned Kuro gently on him. 

"I did it! I did it!" She cheered. 

"Yes, I heard and saw. I knew you would do a wonderful job." He said and she smiled at the two of them then flinched. 

"What's the matter?" He asked worriedly.

"My arm feels weird, itchy, and kind of dry." She rubbed her elbow and then Opera took her arm. "Let's take a look." They turned it and it showed a white sparkly scale. "Your elbow..." 

Interval

Iruma bowed repeatedly. "Ameri-san! I'm sorry that I haven't been able to read "First Love Memories" to you lately!

She had a sad expression when he said that. 'It's true that I'd like to know what happens next, but I'd also like it to do his best with his training.' She got an idea. 'That's right! There was that scene in the forbidden texts where they spoke quite honestly about their feelings. I'll use that same method to tell him how I'm truly feeling.'

"Iruma!" She swiftly approached him and unintentionally slammed her hand against the wall beside him so hard that it crumbled. "So about you reading to me..." She closed her eyes. 

"So you are mad..." Iruma nervously said with his hands raised.

Iruma approached Hayami in the hall and she looked confused. "What's wrong?"

"Ameri-san is mad that we can't read First Love Memories anymore." He said. She looked over and see she had a slightly gloomy and annoyed look. "Oh, I see." She looked over to where she saw the crumbled wall. "Must be real mad then."

The wall slam was a failure.

Trivia

-

(Yes. I have changed some things about my character and I will also be editing the other chapters too before I publish the other chapter. Hope that you will enjoy this new chapter! Thank you for reading, voting, and commenting. Until next time!)

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

48.2K 3.3K 63
( UNEDITED ) First Place Holder in Writer's Choice Awards 2020 ☘️ " I didn't know that you were my would be wife", I clear my throat and said coldly...
279K 11.9K 32
« Sequel of RÚẞÅRÚ - Í$H¶ » «Stand Alone Book» ~ ZÁ¥¥ÁÑ ~ "The world is all about give and take, Create your OWN°°° ~ Á¥€DÁ ~ "The wor...
231 35 28
I woke to a sudden breeze invading the warmth from the heavy blanket that caressed my skin. Here, alone with my thoughts, the still, calm quiet in th...
94.1K 5.3K 32
Have you ever thought that the Forest can Call anyone? or even you? What would it be like to be called by the Forest? Will it be Creepy? Interesting...