we found love

By asheialovesyou

just imagine what if we became one. More

copyright
character list
Prologue

Chapter 1

434 40 26
By asheialovesyou

Hearing the continuous beeping of my alarm at 7am caused me to awaken. I got out of bed and proceeded to make my way to the bathroom so that I could empty my bladder, wash my face, brush my teeth and get in the shower. After getting out of the shower I went to my closet to pick out an outfit to wear for the day. A few minutes later I settled on wearing my black velour trendsetter sweatsuit from Fashion Nova along with my all white Nike waffle sneakers.

Opening my bedroom door I heard the theme song of the Rick & Morty show coming from the living room, letting me know my little sister was up watching television. As I entered the living room, my younger sister was eating a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch while holding the Amazon remote and sitting on the couch with her feet propped up on the coffee table.

"Good morning Indira, get your feet off of the coffee table and finish eating your cereal. I have to take you to the boys and girls club" I told my 7 year old sister.

"Ok, can you pack me some lunch and snack please? It doesn't matter what you pack just make sure it's good and it can last me until you pick me up" she responds.

After entering the kitchen I grabbed a plate, a knife, Maier's premium Italian roll, mayonnaise, turkey, some lettuce, oil and vinegar. I cut the roll in half (hotdog way), added some mayonnaise on both sides, placed the turkey on one side of the roll, added a little bit of lettuce, added a little bit of the oil and vinegar then cut the roll into two halves. I placed the sandwich in freezer Coated Kraft paper. 

Walking to the pantry I got a bag of Ridges cheddar and sour cream chips, two Rice Krispies treats and 3 small pouches of fruit snacks. I wiped Indira's lunch box down with Clorox disinfectant wipes and started to place her lunch and snacks in the lunch box.

"Indira your mango Arizona and bottle of Poland spring is in the freezer after you wash your bowl and spoon take the drinks out and put them in your bag. Make sure you have your phone charger and AirPods too." I tell her. She simply says "okay" in response.

"Get your spring jacket and put it on it's supposed to be windy out today. After you get your jacket on and finish taking your drinks out of the freezer meet me downstairs at the car and please don't forget to lock the house door" I continued.

I left the apartment building by walking out the entrance and down two flights of steps to my black 2020 Nissan Altima. I pressed the unlock button and proceeded to opened my car door. After getting in my car I put my seatbelt on and pressed the engine start stop and brake pedal simultaneously to start my vehicle. I turned on the air conditioning and connected my phone to bluetooth to listen to music. Deciding to listen to rap music I typed in Lil Durk and pressed shuffle. Immediately, the beat of Hellcats & Trackhawks began to boom in my car.

My sister finally gets in the car and puts her seatbelt on. I put my car into drive and pull out of the parking lot. Singing along to the song "this stick up easy, this shit pitty pat. Know how I bleed, this where my city at" we both rapped. The volume of the song start to go low signaling someone is calling my phone.

Grabbing my phone I see that it's Ronalds Youth Camp calling. Sliding the icon to answer I say "Hello, Indie speaking" the person on the other end of the phone responds "Good morning my name is Kaila I'm just calling to make sure that your sister Indira Monet is on the way to the youth center" "yes we're about 10 minutes away. When I arrive at the youth center can I walk with her to the gym if possible?" I ask. "Sure, I'll see you when you guys arrive." Kaila responds and then hangs up.

At Ronnie's youth camp

Pulling up to the youth center I park my car and turn to Indira. "I'm working a few extra hours at the diner tonight. 15 minutes before the workers release you guys from the youth center order a Uber to go home. I'll send you the money for it. Call me as soon as you see the car approaching and share your location with me as well. If you get hungry before I get back home make a sandwich or make a cup of noodles. I'll either bring food from the diner or order food to the house. Now let's get going so I can walk you in and meet some of the workers and mentors." I tell her.

Getting out of the car and walking up to the building (invison it like an elementary school with mad classes, 2 gyms, a cafeteria etc). Standing outside of the building I press a button signaling to whoever is inside that we're outside waiting to get let in.

Upon entering the building Indira and I are greeted by a tall brownskin man with locs in a 2 strand twist style wearing a black shirt with his name that read Jhacari in white bold letters, gray nike shorts and a pair of Air Jordan retro 4 black cats. Standing next to him was a lightskin ginger women who looked to be around 5'2 with a pretty curvy body. She wore her hair in two French braids to the back, a black and green shirt with her name on in that read Kaila, black biker shorts that stopped about a inch or two above her knee caps and a pair go Pine Green Jordan 3's.

"Hi my name is Kaila and this is Jhacari. Based on the application you submitted we seen that Indira picked that she liked cooking, art and music. I handle the cooking classes, Jhacari handles the art classes with another person named Jahziah, they are also in charge of the music classes" Kaila informs me.

My ears perked up at the mention of Jahziah's name, it sounded familiar but I couldn't connect the dots.

"Ok, I won't be able to pick Indira up today since I'm working late. So she'll be taking a Uber from here to home. I seen that you guys dismiss around 4pm so she'll be ordering a Uber at 3:45. I also packed her some lunch and snacks. As stated on the application and doctors check up Indira is allergic to oranges so she has a Epi Pen in her bag also. If she has to use it please don't hesitate to call me. I'd hate to have to get out of my body because protocol wasn't followed the correct way" I tell them with a straight face.

"Ok, you don't have to worry about anything. Indira is in good hands while under our care. We keep in contact with all of the kids parents and guardians even if it's something as small as a kid falling" Kaila assures me.

"Alright Indira I'm leaving now. Please be good and try to make friends I'm only one call away if you feel overwhelmed at any point don't hesitate to text or call me and I'll come right away" I assured Indira. She hugs me and tells me that she'll be fine here and walks over to Kaila so they could walk down to the cooking classroom.

Leaving the building I noticed that someones silver BMW is blocking my car in. Irritated I take a mental note of the license plate and then proceed to walk back to the center to ask if someone knows who drives that car.

"Hey Jhacari someones sliver BMW is blocking my car in and I'm running a little behind for work today. The last four numbers of the license plate is 7893. Do you know who drives that car and if possible can you ask them to move it please?" I politely ask Jhacari.

"Yes, I think that's Jahziah's car. I'll tell him to move it" He replied.

After waiting what seemed like years outside of my car I seen a tall light skin man with long locs, a black and grey shirt that read Ronnie's youth camp on it, grey nike shorts and a pair of all white Air forces walk toward the BMW and enter it. After watching him move his car into the parking spot next to mine he gets out and we make immediate eye contact.

Deciding to be nice and thank him for moving his car I walk towards him and say "Thank you for moving your car. Have a good day".... I start to trail off trying to give him the hint of telling me his name. "Jahziah" he tells me.

"Thank you Jahziah" I replied. After walking away I feel his eyes on me as I entered my car. After starting it I played some music and proceeded to backed out. For some odd reason I couldn't get Jahziah out of my mind. 

Stopping at a red light I start to think about him. Everything about him seemed so perfect. He is the most attractive boy I've ever seen. He had the most the perfect manicure I've ever seen a man have, big two toned juicy lips, dreads and neck tattoos.

Someone beeping their horn at me caused me to jump out of my daze.  I notice the person behind me shooing me off and telling me to drive as I look out of my rearview mirror. After 15 minutes of driving I arrived at my job and sighed already knowing that today was going to be a long and stressful day.

Kioshi's Diner

After working for 6 hours I'm finally taking my break. Sitting down in a booth I look through the menu to see what I wanted to get. I made the decision to have 3 party cake pancakes which comes with vanilla icing and whipped cream, 4 slices of turkey bacon, with a lemonade and mild ice. Placed on the table were 3 different kinds of syrup. Blueberry syrup, strawberry syrup, and old-fashioned maple syrup. I decided to use old fashioned on my bacon and strawberry syrup on my pancakes.

Being that I worked at the diner for more than 6 months I get a free meal everyday and if I want more than just one meal I'll have to pay half of whatever that meal cost. I've decided on placing an order to go for Indira. I got her a T-bone streak with hard scrambled eggs with fruit punch as her drink.

I immediately started to eat after my coworker Jasha placed my meal on the table. Deciding to go on my phone I opened this reading app called Wattpad and started to read this book called Save Me by the author Kayceetheewriter. This book makes me feel like a Philly native for some reason. (no shade wit it Dee). After reading this one chapter it validates my fuck that nigga mentality. Voting and leaving a comment on the chapter I lock my phone and place it on the table. I start to think about my life.

Because of my stage 2 autism, I have a hard time accepting change. My separation anxiety is extremely severe. Given that I mentioned these things to my manager at my job interview a few months ago, she permits me to work the same number of hours and do the same duties, which include welcoming customers at the entrance and taking their orders from 9:30am to 8:30pm, Monday through Friday.

Taking my food to the back for the washers to wash them I make my way to the front hearing the diner door chime.

I called Indira around 8:30 p.m after clocking out to notify her that I had picked up her dinner at the diner and would be returning home in 25 minutes.

 Greeting Indira as I entered the apartment and gave her the bag that contained her meal we made small talk about her day. As soon as I enter my room, I start to take off my clothes so I can get in the shower and begin my nighttime routine. 

I change into my pajamas before heading to the kitchen to get a water bottle from the fridge. Indira is nodding off on the couch as I approach the living room. I quickly cleaned up her mess after waking her up and telling her to go to her room, and then headed back to my bedroom to get ready to go to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 36.6K 62
WATTYS WINNER When her fiancé ends up in a coma and his secret mistress, Halley, shows up, Mary feels like her world is falling apart. What she does...