Dark Night Dawning

By charlotte1974

This story is a continuation of the series Himalayan Magic as wells as the alternate version of the original... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Epilogue

Chapter 12

3K 194 23
By charlotte1974

The next morning the Raizada family was on its way to the Lord Shiva temple. This temple was situated 8 kms from Dehradun, on the banks of a stream. It was known as the Tapkeshwar temple. It had got this name because a drop of water always dripped from the rocks on the Shivlinga placed inside a cave. A special pooja was conducted on the full moon day of every month. As the Raizada family stood in reverence inside the shrine, the priest completed the aarti and distributed the prasad.

'Thankyou Shiviji for saving Laad Governor's life. And you too Devi Maiyya, I will come to mandir as soon as I return to Delhi.' Khushi said a silent prayer.

Arnav looked at the expressions on his wife's face and knew that she was probably having her one way chat with God. He couldn't help that small smile that stole into his lips.

'Thank God you were saved yesterday Chotte!' exclaimed Anjali, 'I don't know what I would have done.'

'I think we should thank Khushi, don't you Di? People say that pregnancy makes women emotional, but with you one can never say.' Arnav teased his sister to bring her out of her melancholy mood.

'Yes we are going to thank her,' she smiled through her tears, 'That's why we are going to have a special dinner in her honour tonight at the restaurant.'

'There is no need for all this Di.' Khushi's heart swelled with happiness at Anjali's sweet gesture.

'Don't spoil our chances of getting a party Khushiji' joked Akash.

The Raizada family returned to the hotel and lunched at the restaurant downstairs. Akash and Payal had decided to go to the Kempty falls which wasn't too far from the hotel. On the way back they would visit Gun hill from where they could see a good view of the Himalayan ranges one side and the Doon valley on the other side. Mamiji refused to go as she was motion sick and was tired of traveling on all the winding roads. Mamaji stayed back to give her company. Anjali and Naniji wanted to rest in their rooms. Arnav told them that he had to go to the mall to buy and new phone as he had lost the one he had during the fall. After that he would be working in the business centre as the crisis in the office was still going on. Though Khushi would have loved to see the falls, she decided to go to her room to rest as she no intention of being kabab mein haddi between her jiji and jeejaji.

Khushi lay on the bed thinking about the past day's event. She had been shocked to see Arnav at the cliff. It made her realize that life could be so fleeting. One moment you think the entire world is in front of you and the next moment puff....it's all gone. There are so many things you want to tell someone, but you keep procrastinating thinking that there is a lot of time. Then one fine day it is too late, as that someone might not even be there in your life. She knew that she and Arnav had grown a little closer during their Nainital trip. He had changed his mind about their 6 month marriage and had made it a permanent one, hadn't he? Though that decision might have had something to do with the last night they had spent together in Nainital. But she couldn't deny that they had grown closer even after that in the two weeks she took care of him while he was injured, and then the week when Lavanya came to stay with them. She knew what she had to do. She would have to tell Arnav about Shyam and would have to accept whatever consequences the revelation would bring about. Maybe Arnav would also tell her the reason for their marriage. Was there a possibility for a fresh start?

Arnav was in the business centre working with the team in US who were struggling to fix the problem there were in. Each passing hour was making it obvious that he was needed there. He would have to leave tomorrow night. As he furiously type out an important e-mail his thoughts strayed to the freak accident on the Cliffside. He still couldn't believe the way he had fallen over. Even more freakish than that was the way Khushi had saved his life. She could have lost her life trying to save him. What did that mean? He knew that he and Khushi had grown closer in the past few weeks, in spite of his intentions to stay away from her. He had always thought that it was a physical attraction, but was it just that or was it something more? Was there a possibility that he had misjudged her somehow? He would have to ask her about Shyam.

Anjali tried to call Shyam and finally reached through to him.

'Hello Rani Sahiba?'

'Where are you? I have been trying to reach you since yesterday. Your phone was switched off.'

'My..my phone had died and I left the battery charger back in the room and then I misplaced my phone somewhere. By the time I sorted all this out it took this much time. What's the matter? You sound very tensed.' His heart beating fast, he waited with bated breath. He almost dropped the phone in shock when Anjali told him. His face began to twitch uncontrollably.

No! No! No! How could that be possible? Khushiji! What a waste of opportunity! What was he going to do now?

Arnav came back to the room late in the evening so that he could freshen up for the dinner. He didn't find Khushi in the room. Just then he got a call from Anjali telling him that they were waiting for him at the restaurant. He quickly changed and hurried up. Arnav walked up to the table where his family was seated. Khushi was not at the table either. Where was she? Then he saw her......

Khushi wore a net saree with a velvet- sequin border. The saree was pink with hues of rust blended in to give it unique look. The border was golden sequin and pink velvet. The golden aari work on the blouse matched with the one on the pallu. The blouse was short ending just below her breasts exposing her long and slim midriff, her flat abdomen and her delectable navel.

Khushi looked ravishing! He had never seen her in a saree like this before and he couldn't take his eyes off her as she walked up to the table.

Khushi felt her dhak dhak begin as she recognized the look in his eyes. She felt those intense eyes on her all through dinner and a warm sensation filled her body from top to toe.

Soon, Naniji got up from the table wanting to allow the youngsters to have a good time. She took her son and daughter-in-law with her.

'Where is jeejaji?' Arnav asked Anjali. Why did that creep leave his sister all by herself all the time?

'He had to go back to Delhi on some urgent work. Why don't you and Akash take my bhabhis to the dance floor?'

'And leave you here all by yourself?' asked Arnav, 'No way Di. Akash you take Payal for a dance.'

'Chotte, I am fine, you don't have to baby sit me,' protested Anajali.

'No Di,' said Khushi mischievously, 'I am worried that Lady Frances might think that you look very lonely and come up here for a chat.'

'Thank you for bringing my here Chotte,' Anjali touched her brother on her cheeks in her usual affectionate gesture, her eyes tearing up, 'You made time for me in spite of the crisis at work.'

'Don't ever say that Di,' said Arnav gruffly, 'I would do anything for you, and you know that.'

Khushi looked on as the brother and sister shared a tender moment. Her eyes welled up at the sight. How much love Arnav had in his heart for his sister, she thought wistfully. She wished he could spare a small bit of it for her.

Soon, Akash and Payal came back to the table and told them that it was their turn to dance. Just as Arnav and Khushi began to refuse Anjali commanded them to leave. When Arnav and Khushi reached the dance floor, the DJ began to play a slow song Tu hi mera.

Arnav took Khushi's left hand in his, while his other hand clasped her bare waist. Khushi looked at Arnav, her almond eyes clashing with her chocolate brown ones, a streak of awareness sizzling through them.

Tere ishq mein
Dooba rahe
Din raat yuhin sada
Mere khwaab se
Aakhein teri
Ik pal na hoye juda

He twirled her away from him, brought her closer, his hand on her quivering stomach, his lips near her ear. The veins in hand stood out as he used his strength to lift her high up in the air, holding her at the waist, as dipped her low almost to the ground with a hand under her head.

Tu hi mohabbat
Tu hi hai Rahat
Lagti bhali hai
Teri saadgi

Paata hoon khudko
Har ghadi
Tere bagair tanha
Mujhe thaamle
Mujhe rok le
Bhatka hoon main bhatka

Tu hi mera mera mera........

As the song came to an end, they stood together looking into each other's eyes, Arnav bending his head to kiss her.......

Suddenly they realized they were in the middle of a dance floor when they heard clapping from the other guests. When Khushi made to move away Arnav caught her hand and urged her to walk back with him to their table.

As Anjali was tired she decided to go back to her room. Arnav and Khushi walked with her to see her to her room. Just then Arnav received a call from his work and excused himself.

'Can I come in for a little while Di?' asked Khushi as they reached Anjali's room. Anjali looked a little sad and Khushi didn't have the heart to leave her like that.

'I would love that Khushiji, please come in.'

'Di, don't you think it is time you dropped the ji and started calling me Khushi?'

Anjali smiled in her usual sweet childish way and came up to Khushi to hug her, tears in her eyes. 'Of course I will, you are the little sister I never had Khushi.'

'What's the matter Di?' asked Khushi a little worry creasing her forehead, 'You have been silent all evening.'

'It's nothing Khushi.'

'Please Di, you just called me your little sister. Won't you tell me?'

'It's your jeejaji,' said Anjali quietly, 'I think there is someone else in his life.'

Khushi looked at Anajli in shock as hot colour swept her cheeks, her heartbeat rising in crescendo. Hey Devi Maiyya!

Anjali continued, 'I don't know for sure, but a woman can sense these things you know. In the past year, he has been so distracted; he has not been his usual self. He used to stay away from the house for long periods of time saying he had lots of work, sometimes he shuts off his mobile while he is talking. I know he has been lying to me as well. I am sure he is hiding something from me.'

'Everything will be alright Di,' said Khushi guilt gnawing at her.

'You know Khushi, I can't discuss this with Chotte. I am afraid of what he will do if he got inkling about this. Promise me you won't tell him I told you all this?'

'Sure Di. But please don't think about all this now. You are going to be a mother soon. Such thoughts are not good for the baby. Let's talk about the wonderful things we will do when my niece or nephew will be born, ok?'

Khushi managed to distract Anjali by indulging her in talks about new member that would be coming into their lives, long into the night. Finally, seeing that Anjali was sleepy, she excused herself and left her room quietly. The talk with Anjali had left her confused. Should she or should she not tell Arnav about Shyam?

When Khushi entered her bedroom, it was completely dark except for the moonlight that had illuminated the room with its pristineness. She saw Arnav sitting on the bed, his back resting on the head board. At first she thought he was working on his lap top. When she went closer she realized he had dozed off with his lap top still on his lap. She loved how the hair on his forehead made him look boyish. She bent down, picked up his lap top and put it away. She went back to wake him up so that he could lie down more comfortably. As she placed her hand on his shoulders, she looked at his face. He looked so peaceful, with his eyes closed, his lips forming a cute little pout. Suddenly, desired surged through her like waves and her head bent down of its own volition, her lips touching his in the lightest of kisses....... 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.9K 9.8K 22
A second chance at life. A second chance for her to put herself first. A second chance for him to win his love back and make his family pay dearly...
471K 17.1K 24
What if Arnav didn't make it to the rooftop in time to witness the scene that broke his heart? How will he deal with Khushi's confession? How will th...
272K 12.9K 41
A story based on the characters of Indian TV series Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? Not related to the series, so can be read as an independent story too...
318K 21.7K 50
It is a sweet story of Arnav and Khushi. This story starts with Shyam's truth out about him being a married man. From the episode dated 11th December...