Enemy Lines (completed)

By Creeker15

***BREAKING NEWS*** National team head coach Jill Ellis immeadietley resigned today due to family issues, her... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
The end

35

1.1K 41 2
By Creeker15

Waking the next morning was a whirl wind of cigarette smoke and the memories of last night seeping into my brain.

I shower quickly and head out to the gym to try and work through my mood so I don't take it out on my players.

First off they thought that it was okay to ridicule me and Kelley after Kelley told them about her ditching Alcohol, the Tobin kissing me which she had no right to do, and the fuckin media that wants to talk shit about us winning.

At this point in over people. Or I should just say adults, kids keep to real and fun.

I destroy my arms as I slowly slip away from all of the drama just focusing on myself.

I hit a new strict bicep curl PR. I finally got my single arm curl up to 85 lbs. so that was cool.

I head back to the hotel and start watching the game all the way through making notes when I see fit. Most of the things I had problems with were just confidence things and some fundamentals in need of sharpening.

I send my suggestions to my position coaches for the short practice today after the team does recovery.

After that I shower to wash away the mixture of cigarette smoke, sweat, and my deodorant that doesn't make a good smell when mix together. I dress in 511 shorts and a team T-shirt. I throw on my vans and wake the kids.

Once we are all ready I head down to the meal and make a plate as my kids do the same. We sit at a table and start eating.

"So after team training do you guys want to walk around Paris?"

They both just nod as they continue to scarf down their breakfast. The rest of the staff and players walk into the meal room and start eating. I finish my food before addressing the team.

"Today we will do recovery after that we all are going to have a meeting and then film followed by a light practice. After watching the game all I found that we needed to work on was better timed passes, and just some other fundamentals. But besides that you all played great." They just nod as I retake my seat.

After they are dismissed they have an hour before mandatory recovery. In that time me and the kids walk around the hotel as we talk.

"Hey guys I just wanted to apologize for last night. I told you guys that we would spend time to get her and even if it was at the gym I didn't fully follow through on my promise. So I wanted to say I'm sorry for that. I know it's been a struggle to get time and have it not interrupted so I wanted to tell you guys that after this tournament I will not be coaching the team anymore."

I thought they would be happy about it but the look Ansley was giving me made me think otherwise.

"But I thought you liked coaching?" Ansley questions confused.

"Yeah I like coaching but I love you guys. And this job puts me in a tight spot of having to cut our time together. Nothing comes above you guys. So I thought that I would coach at the high school. I do love coaching but at least I would only be away from you guys for like an hour or two after school rather then three hours everyday for practice plus additional time for film and other stuff."

"Oh okay. But I like hanging around the team." Brett states sadly.

"And that won't stop. I think the bonds we are forming will last a while. We will still see the girls from time to time."

"Oh okay." He says a little happier.

"So are you happy that you guys are on summer break?"

"Yeah." They both shout enthusiastically.

"How about this after this tournament is over we will still have time before school starts so we could maybe take a trip to Texas?"

"Seriously?" Ansley questions.

"Yeah I promised you both a hunting trip last year but my job got in the way that time so after this we will go hog hunting that is if you want too."

"No we want too." Ansley says definitely as her brother just nods along.

"Okay well consider it done."

We talk for another 30 minutes before making our way back into the hotel for my meeting with the players. The kids hang out with Amy and Abby as I now have to scold adult children on how to not be an asshole to your recovering teammate.

I walk into the meeting room that is already filled with players. Thankfully there was 24 seats in this room. I shut the door and walk to the head of the table.

"So today we are going to have an intervention. And for some of you this will seem childish that I have to have this conversation with grown ass adults, others are going to need to be a sponge and soak in every word I say. So this will be uncomfortable but this is what I call how not to an asshole. So this week on how not to be an asshole I will cover how to respond when your teammate and friend tells you they have gotten clean from their vice." A few snicker in response causing my blood to boil.

"One snicker, laugh, chuckle or any other various form of said things I will have you run 40 yard sprints until you can't walk, oh and you won't start next game. We are a team and we have to move as a team. That means accepting each other despite differences of opinions as anything else. So when your teammate tells you they have gotten sober and have stayed sober for 3 and 1/2 months you don't say why didn't you tell us you're putting the team in jeopardy. No you say, thank you for telling me, how can I help you stay clean. Or an I'm so proud of you, I want you to know that you didn't have to keep it from me as I support you fully. Stuff like that. Do we all understand. And I'm not just talking about Kelley specifically if any one of your family members, teammates on club or national, or even old friends tell you that they have gotten clean don't get mad or blame them tell them you are proud that they are fighting their addiction instead of caving." I study the group and catch my breathe to stop myself from ripping most of them a new one.

"Now onto the reaction I got out of some of you last night when you learned I kept secrets. I'm here to make sure you can preform at your best. Not everyone feels comfortable talking to Nick and I understand that. So if you just need to get something off your chest then come to me. Anything you say to me in private stays private. I don't tell the other coaches, I don't tell my kids or anyone else. I couldn't imagine the pressure you all feel heading into this tournament, with the travel and the quick turn around it's hard not only on your bodies but your minds. So even if you just want to rant that your roommate is driving you up the wall since she's always talking to her boyfriend or how some head coach is stupid for trading this player despite their production rate last year or even my husband, or wife is driving me up the wall. I'm all ears. So when Kelley told me she wanted to get clean. I helped her and kept it to myself. I let her tell Becky when she felt she was ready. Not when I thought Becky should know. I let Kelley dictate everything as it's her life. Now does anyone have an issue that I "kept" Kelley's secret or have you all grown up since last night. Oh and one last thing if I ever hear any of you try and hold something personal over another players head I will make you run until you throw up. Got it?"

They all just nod. "Answer me, got it?" I roar.

"Got it." The group shouts back.

"Thank you. Film will be in two hours, come dressed for practice after film we will have a light 1 hour practice. At dinner I will tell you the schedule for tomorrow. Now you all are dismissed."

I leave the room and take the stairs. I snag my kids from Amy's room and head back to ours. "What do you guys wanna watch?" I question knowing that I've already snipped all the clips we needed to focus on and compiled them into a video.

"Victorious." Ansley says as Brett just nods along with what his sister says. I connect my laptop to the tv and play the show through Netflix as we chill out for 2 hours.

———-

the film session went well most of the players agreeing with my critics. Practice went even better I think they are all just sorta slipping into routine and just focusing on the next game.

By dinner everyone is worn out. I address them first instead of at the end of dinner as I'm about to fall asleep in my seat.

"So tomorrow breakfast at the normal time, practice 45 minutes after breakfast, recovery right after. 30 minute break and then lunch, after lunch we will have a film session on Chile. After that team bonding. Then you have free time till dinner. And good night."

I say as me and the kids leave the room after we throw away our trash. The kids watch tv as I doze off.

About an hour into my rest I get a call. I raise my head slowly and grab my phone. I head into the hallway to answer it. I click accept and listen to the gruff voice on the other line.

"Are you the emergency contact for Stephanie Woodly?"

"Umm who are you supposed to be talking too?"

"Bryn Woodly?"

"Umm yes that's me. Why what happened?"

"Your ex-wife was involved in an altercation. Is there anyway you can come to the prison so we don't have to talk over the phone?"

"Umm no sir. I am in France and will be for a good bit. Why is she okay?"

"I'm not going to beat around the bush anymore. She was severely wounded in the altercation and passed away at the hospital due to a brain bleed. I'm sorry to say this over the phone."

"Umm its okay. Thank you for calling. Is there anything else you need from me?"

"Yes where do I send her stuff?"

"You can throw it away."

"Okay that will be all ms.Woodly. Have a good rest of your day."

"You too." I end the call and slide down to the floor.

Even if I hate her she was my first love and she gave me the two kids.

Oh my gosh I have to tell the kids.

FUCK ME!

I head back into my room to find both of the kids knocked out on their beds. I shut off the TVs and climb in bed.

She's really dead. These kids will never see their mom ever again. Even though she would miss their whole childhood in prison it wasn't like they couldn't rekindle once she gets out.

I spend my night tossing and turning trying to fall asleep.

===++

It's been a hot minute but I finished Pinned. So go check that out and yeah.

Stay safe, drink water, and don't die. Till next time peace out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Free Solo By Alex

Fanfiction

685K 17.3K 114
Audrey was around the US Women's national team for the first 18 years of her life, but something happened and she's been gone for almost 4 years. Wha...
13.4K 416 32
WARNING: THIS BOOK CONTAINS MENTIONS OF SEX, EATING DISORDERS, DEATH AND SWEARING! IF ANY OF THIS AFFECTS YOU, DO NOT READ! - Finished on February 10...
182K 8.9K 59
SOPHIE BROOKS: Party, hook-up, hangover, repeat. I don't do rules, responsibility, or monogamy. So when the chance to sleep with the hottest Olympia...
205K 4K 75
Emma have a pretty dark and complicated past. Love never goes her way, parents never existed and being bullied. But what will happen when she get a c...