Reaching for the Top -Kanto R...

By Orochimaru_Wife23

Daniel is a fifteen-year-old boy who goes with his little boy Matthew on a journey throughout the Kanto regio... More

Characters
Matthew's Love Interest (Close)
Love Interest Winner!
Chapter 1: A new Bond is formed
Chapter 3: Route 1 & First Catches
Chapter 4: Viridian City & The firey puppy
Chapter 5: The Return Of A Old Friend
Chapter 6: Matthew encounters an new Pokémon
Chapter 7: Meeting a new face in Viridain Forest
Main Travel group

Chapter 2: Meeting the Starter Pokemon

82 5 0
By Orochimaru_Wife23

Five years later...

Beep... Beep... Beep

"Ugh," Daniel groaned and looked at the time. "Why did I have to set it up this early in the morning," He yawned and rubbed his eyes.

The sound of the alarm clock woke Crystal up with a start. She rolled her eyes at her trainer for setting the alarm for so early in the morning.

Daniel hop on out of bed and stretched his arms and legs while Crystal licked herself clean, still lying down on the bed.

"Well, I guess it can't be helped," Daniel yawned. "I better start getting ready and check that everything is packed to go," He turned to face Crystal. "Morning, Crystal."

"Meowth," Crystal said, stretching her legs.

Daniel took off his pajamas and put on his clothes. He was wearing a black tank top with a green jacket over it. He also had on some grey jeans with white and red sneakers. His hair was neat comb down and stopped near his shoulders. He also had a black bag that was neatly packed.

He then headed downstairs with Crystal sitting on his left shoulder.

*

He walked into the kitchen to see a woman with blonde hair tied into a neat bun making breakfast. She also had beautiful silver eyes. Her name is Rachael Henderson, the owner of Happy helper Pokemon rehabilitation center and the mother of Daniel.

"Morning, mom," Daniel greeted with a smile. "Breakfast smells great."

"Meow," Crystal said happily.

"Morning Ruby and Crystal," Rachel smiled. "You ready for your journey since you decide to leave Pokemon tech for some reason?" She asked.

"Of course he is!" A voice exclaimed.

Daniel turned around to see a boy with short blonde hair and ice-blue eyes wearing a red hoodie with a white shirt under it and a Pikachu bag run into the kitchen with a man with short red hair wearing a police officer following behind him. It was his brother Mathew and his father, Henry.

"Full of energy like always," Henry said, chuckling at Matthew before taking a seat at that table.

"Hi, little brother and father," Daniel greeted.

"Meowth!" Crystal said, jumping off Daniel's shoulder.

"Hello, Ruby," Henry greeted. "You two, Crystal.'

"Morning, Danny," Matthew said, hugging his big brother.

Before Daniel went to sit down at the table, he went and gave Crystal some breakfast as well in her bowl. He then sat down next to Matthew and began to eat happily with his family at the table.

"So, what starter Pokemon are you going to choose, Matt?" Racheal asked.

"Um, to be honest, I haven't decided yet," Matt answered. "But I figure it out when I get there too bad a Pokemon at the center didn't get attached to me as Crystal did. That could have been my starter."

"Hey, the starter Pokemon are cool but have to agree to have a none starter Pokemon as your first Pokemon is cool," Daniel said.

*

After they finished eating, Daniel and Crystal headed off to Professor Oak's lab for Matthew to get his starter Pokemon.

It was only a couple of minutes later when the three of them made it to the lab and entered. They saw a girl with shoulder-length blue hair around Matthew's age standing and waiting.

A few minutes later, they heard the door open and turned to see a boy also around Matthew's age with Auburn hair and black eyes. He was wearing a long-sleeve purple shirt, a necklace that looked like yin and yang. It was yellow and green, blue pants, and brown shoes.

Next to him was an older boy with Auburn hair in a ponytail and black eyes. He was wearing a long-sleeve green shirt, a black and white hat with a Pokeball on it, grey pants, and green shoes.

Matthew groaned, seeing the one person he couldn't stand sometimes. At the same time, Daniel smirked, seeing his best friend.

It was none other than Gary Oak, the grandson of Professor Oak, who likes to tease Matthew, but not as much as their other rival Ash Ketchum. As well as Jake Oak the older brother of Gary and best friend of Daniel.

"Well , if it isn't Matt, the airhead," Gary said with his arms crossed. "So you didn't chicken out. Well, it seems Ashy-boy has."

"Hello, Gary," Matt said, trying to keep his cool.

"Gary, it too earlier for this," Jake sighed.

The group then heard footsteps and turned to see Professor Oak coming out from the inner of his lab.

"Hello, Professor Oak/Gramps," They greeted.

"Hello you all, now that you are here, we can get started. If you would follow me to the back of my lab," Professor Oak said and began to walk to the pathway he came from, with the five kids following.

When they arrived, the three new trainers saw three pokeballs on the table with different markings. The left one is a left symbol, the middle one a fire symbol, and the right one a bubble symbol.

"Now, I will introduce you to the three Pokemon you will be able to choose from," Professor Oak walked up to the table and opened the pokeballs one by one.

From the leaf, symbol ball came out a small quadruped Pokemon with a green bulb on its back.

"Bulbasaur!"

From the flame, the symbol was a bipedal, reptilian with an orange body with a flame at the tip of its tail.

"Chamander!"

And finally , from the bubble symbol ball was a small blue turtle Pokemon.

"Squirtle!"

"And here they are! The grass type Bulbasaur!" Professor Oak introduced gesturing to the green bulb Pokemon. "The fire type Chamander," than the orange reptilian with a flame tail. "And finally, the water-type Pokemon Squirtle!" Finally, at the small blue turtle.

"Aw! Try are all so cute!" The girl squealed with stars in her eyes.

'Well, that girl is full of energy, just like my little brother.' Daniel thought while standing next to Jake, his best friend.

"Cute as they are. They are also really strong. Pick the Pokemon best for you because from her in your life will change forever. So which one of you will be going first?" Professor Oak said , putting the pokeballs back on the table in the same order they were in.

"Ladies first," Gary offered.

"Fine with me," Matthew said.

The girl smiled. "Thank you, gentlemen. I pick...um...Bulbasuar," She said. "I always wanted a Bulbasuar as my starter like my father."

"Bulb," Bulbasuar said with a smile.

The girl then grabbed the leaf Pokeball and returned her new Pokemon to its ball.

"Okay, next?" Professor Oak asked, turning to the other two.

"I'll go next, and I decided to pick Chamander," Matthew said and picked up the fire Pokeball. He then returned his fire-lizard to its Pokeball.

"Man. I can't believe that I'm going to be last," Gary complained, walking towards Squirtle. Jake rolled his eyes at his brother's behavior. "Oh well, I always wanted a Squirtle." He then grabbed the bubble symbol Pokeball and pointed it at the blue turtle. Squirtle was absorbed into the ball with a red light.

'So dramatic he already mentioned he wanted Squirtle since he woke up.' Jake thought , sighing.

"Now that you all have your Pokemon, let me give you a few more things," Professor Oak said, walking towards his desk and opened his drawer. He then pulled at three different color handheld devices that opened at the front.

When he got them, the professor walked back over to the trainers. "These are your Pokedex. They will give you information on any Pokemon you encounter. You get more when you capture them," He gave each of them one.

"Awesome!" Matt exclaimed.

"It lists everything about the Pokemon?" The girl asked.

"Yes, Sapphire, everything you need to know on the Pokemon you catch," Professor Oak replied.

"It will be an accomplishment to complete it," Gary said, pocketing his Pokedex.

"True, but don't get too caught up in it."

"Alright, let's get this journey started!" Matt cheered.

Daniel and Crystal sigh at his energy.

"Wait. I have to give you one more thing," Professor Oak said, digging in his lab coat pocket. "To start off, you each get five empty pokeballs," He explained, giving them empty pokeballs. "If you want more, you have to buy them."

"Thanks, Professor bye!" The girl named Sapphire waved and left.

"No problem, gramps. I will get going as well. Those badges won't collect themselves after all," Gary said, walking over towards the door. "Smell y'll later Matt airhead."

"I'm not an airhead!" Matt growled as he watched Gary walk out of the lab.

They then heard girls cheering his name a few moments later.

"So glad I will be ditching him after Viridian city," Jake groaned, walking outside.

"Well, we should get going as well, Matt," Daniel said, looking over at his brother as Crystal hopped onto his left shoulder.

"Yeah, let's go!" Matt cheer as he head over towards the door. Daniel chuckled as he followed after him.

"Good luck on your journey Ruby and Alex," Professor Oak said, watching the two brothers leave the lab.

Daniel sighed as he and Matt walked past Gary and his group of cheerleaders, as well as Jake, who was looking very annoyed with the situation. He shook his head as he saw Matt's friend Ash run past him in his pajamas.

Hello wonderful readers!

I hope you enjoy the secon chapter, which shows Matthew getting his first Pokemon.

Please comment below to let me know what you think of the story so far.

Anyway, thanks for reading.

Daniel Pokemon
Meowth =F = Crystal (on hand)

Matthew Pokemon
•Chamander=M=Zuko (on hand)
• Spearow = F=?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 41 5
Pokemon are peculiar creatures with a vast array of different abilities and appearances; many people, known as Pokemon trainers, capture and train th...
14.1K 490 51
There have been multiple new and promising trainers from Pallet Town. These trainers Auro, Ash, Leaf and Gary will set out to conquer the pokémon wor...
2.9K 81 20
Ash Ketchum, a 10-year-old from the town of Pallet embarks on his Pokémon journey. His goal: Become a Pokémon Master. However, things are a little mo...
860 47 5
[ʀᴇᴡʀɪᴛᴛᴇɴ ᴠᴇʀ.] ✧✧✧ [Name] [Surname] is an aspiring trainer beginning to take her first steps in the world of Pokémon. Leaving behind her quiet, she...