Danmachi: Embers (Being Reboo...

By KneeOil

Victory came at a price, but what if there was no need to pay to begin with? More

Information
Prologue: A Storm is Brewing
Chapter 1: The Rabbit's Nest
Chapter 3: Plight of the Trickster Familia
Chapter 4: Face to Face
Chapter 5: Family Gathering
Chapter 6: Parent Child Bonding
Notice
Chapter 7: Our Next Play
1000 Views
1K Special Chapter 8: Love of a Samurai and a Blacksmith
Chapter 9: Long Awaited Visit and A New Skill
Chapter 10: Step by Step
Chapter 11: Allies
Chapter 12: Secrets
Chapter 13: Plans for the Dive
Question
Reboot Incoming

Chapter 2: Message from the Future

2K 35 14
By KneeOil

Last time...

Ouranos: Alright, you have my attention. What is it you want from me?

And now...

Albert: We have a request to make if you would allow it Lord Ouranos.

Ouranos: Tell who's making the request and leave no detail of your origins, then I will consider hearing your out.

The siblings huddled together to decide their next move.

Ardi: I think it's safe to just come clean. We will be here a while after all.

Albert: Fine by me.

Karmi: I can't wait to see his face when he hears.

They then separated and walked up one at a time to introduce themselves to the god.

AN: The things I write here are likely not true in the main story. I'm making these up mostly because I think it sounds cool and I'm sorry if people feel bothered by these in the story.

Albert: I am Albert Cranel, first son of Bell Cranel and Aiz Waldstein. A conjoined member of the Hestia Familia and the Loki familia and level 26.

Ouranos' nearly jumped from his seat at the boy's words. Son of the Rabbit Foot and the Sword Princess. As well as a conjoined member. However, the icing on the cake is that he is level 26.

Ouranos: If I may interrupt, what do you mean by conjoined? Also, how is it that you're level 26. I can tell that your words are all true.

Albert: I mean that I'm blessed by more than one god at once. Hestia and/or Loki can update my status. As for my level, after my father cleared level 100, the dungeon had activated some kind of reward system. The excelia people gained from slaying monsters of the floors higher was significantly greater than normal. The average adventurer was now level 4 rather than level 1 now. Level 10 was actually possible with this. I mean, everyone except Eileen and the twins is higher than level 10.

The god looked between all the children dumbfounded by what he said.

Ouranos: (That powerful and at their age.)

Ouranos: If that is the case, then what levels are all of you?

Alise: I'm Alise and I'm level 25.

Ardi: My name's Ardi and I'm level 17.

Ouranos: How is it you have those names?

The god questioned how these two had the same names as the deceased adventurers from the past.

Alise: You're familiar with Gale correct?

Ouranos: The criminal who died recently? Yes, I remember that child.

Alise: Well, one she isn't dead. Dad lied about that.

Ouranos already heard what happened from Fels but he would humor the girl anyway.

Alise: Two, I know her because she's our mother.

Ouranos: Bell Cranel and Gale are married and had children?!

Alise: Six to be precise. Me, Ardi and the two twins all came from the two of them.

Ouranos: You are aware that should the guild find out about this they will hunt her down for her bounty anyway.

Alise: Is that supposed to intimidate us? Dad took on the entire city for an entire race of talking monsters. You know all too well about that so what's the guild and one woman?

Ouranos was impressed by the girl's confidence in her father.

Ouranos: Am I to assume that Bell Cranel is the father to all of you?

Karmi: Yeah, that's right. I'm Karmi Cranel, level 16 and daughter of Tiona Hyrute from the Loki Familia.

Celdia: My name is Celdia Cranel. I'm also level 16 and daughter of Lefiya Viridis from the Loki Familia.

Haruka: *Yawns* I'm Haruka Cranel, daughter of Haruhime Sanjouno of the Hestia Familia and level 10.

Eileen: I'm Eileen Cranel. I'm the daughter of Eina Tulle. I work part time in the guild and as an adventurer in the Hestia Familia. I'm level 9.

Syrene: I'm Syrene.

Riis: And I'm Riis.

Both: We're both level 12.

Alise: Each of the twins are my little sisters and brother. The youngest are Darion and Lucy. They're both level 5.

Ouranos: (So the boy was more of a rabbit than he let on.)

Ouranos: Alright, I guess that will suffice. So, what is it you want?

Albert: We want to stay here in the past. At least for a few years.

Ouranos: You said you were from the future correct? How far exactly?

Albert: We came from 18 years from the future.

The god processed thr information. A lot could change in 18 years, but one important question still lingered in his mind.

Ouranos: If that is the case, than was is the situation with the Black Dragon?

The siblings looked among themselves and then at Albert before looking back at the god.

Albert: Well I'm not aware of the exact details. All I can say is that it's been dead longer than I've been around. My mother was still pregnant with me by the time my father killed it.

Ouranos nearly jumped out of his throne for a second time today.

Ouranos: (That boy slew the strongest monster ever? The very one that wiped out the Zeus and Hera familias all those years ago?)

Ouranos: And how far in the future will that event be?

Albert: It will be a little over a year from now when Dad leaves to battle the monster. My mother and Gale will become pregnant with Dad's first kids in a few months. He will also have a massive wedding to commemorate the union with him and all his wives.

Ouranos: Well it's good to know Orario will be in good hands in the coming future. Still, if that's the case, why did you all come back here?

The atmosphere in the chamber suddenly became less cheery. Many of the kids began to feel uneasy and fidget. Albert just stared at the ground and clenched his fists in frustration.

Albert: Dad was able to be the dragon, that much is true. However, victory came at a price. Dad would succumb to his injuries and eventually die thirteen years later.

The boy's strength was beginning to fail as he choked on his words and tears began to collect in his eyes. It was then a hand calmly gripped his shoulder.

Alise: Easy, brother. I can take it from here.

Alise then took charge as her older brother stepped back to compose himself.

Albert: Thank you.

Alise: I'm sorry about him, this isn't an easy topic to discuss.

Ouranos: It fine little ones. I'm sorry that you all had to go through that.

Albert's mind was still in turmoil at the memory of his family. They commonly had smiles and a bright attitude but when the time came to remember his father, the dams broke. He remembered how his mother and aunts cried. How they bright atmosphere they had collapsed. How the absence of one person ripped a hole in his precious family.

Albert: (I will make things right if it's the last thing I do.)

Ouranos: Well in any case, I guess I can allow you all to fulfill the mission you came here for. You may make yourselves at home in this past Orario, but you will have to break the news to the others on your own.

Alise: We understand and are thankful for your generosity.

Ouranos: That boy had done too much good for this city. Helping to prevent that end for him is the least I can do to repay him.

With that, they all bowed before the god and left the chamber.

AN: And that is the last chunk of story left out from the last chapter. I understand if some think that I made Bell's kids too OP but I wanted to introduce my iteration of the dungeon and a possible outcome of what could happen after floor 100 is cleared so I'm sorry to those people.

Thanks for reading this and I hope you enjoyed. Also, I'm not a freak that writes novel length chapters that are 10000 words. I don't have that kind of commitment to something that is a small hobby. These chapters will probably be only between 1000 and 3000 but that at least means the chapters come out decently quick. Anyways that all I have to say for now so until next time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 83 23
Chisa Yukizome? Dead. Juzo Sakakura? Dead. Kyosuke Munakata? Depressed. I don't want to leave it like that. An AU where they're both back to life...
328K 5K 88
title explains it all :)
1K 45 9
What's agreed upon isn't expensive. But what if you didn't expect to have to pay to be victorious? What if the prize wasn't worth the price? Please...
858 30 5
We've all heard the story about Bell and his journey to become a Hero like legends that have long since passed. What if he had a twin? This is their...