full moon ☾: the twilight sag...

By lizlovezu

❝bella, you need to know that i'm in love with you ❞ but you see, it wasn't love, just a form of obsession... More

Bittersweet
"That's The Cullen Boy"

La Push, Baby!

21 1 0
By lizlovezu

There was nothing unusual about a rainy day in Washington. The average forecast was pretty much the same everyday, however today was different for another reason. January 17th, 2005. The day Bella Swan finally came back to Forks.

Charlie Swan was always a good friend of my fathers, he was a well-rounded man, with good morals, and a big heart despite his tough exterior. I have the greatest memories of him visiting us in La Push. Dad and Charlie got along well, probably because of their shared experiences loosing women, although not in the same way, and the combined love of fishing. My mother, Sarah ended up dead in a crash when I was younger. I don't have too many memories of her. Which bothers me immensely, but I do recall how wonderful she was. Dad hasn't really been the same since and I think Charlie helped him get back on his feet. Figuratively, that is. Rebecca and Rachel have more vivid memories of my mother, so they often spent nights telling me stories from when she was alive. I enjoyed them but I did wish I had my own stories to tell. There was a scattered few I could remember but nothing like what my sisters would tell me before bed. Charlie had a daughter of his own, Isabella Swan. She was always the prettiest girl in the room. I had always thought so. Bella lived here for awhile and spent some time down in La Push with her father, but I doubt she remembers it well. In her younger years she was swept up by Renee, leaving Charlie alone. Her visits began to decrease as she got older and eventually she just stopped coming. I've never seen Charlie so dull. Me and Dad spent many nights watching baseball up at Charlie's. Dad was always good at bringing up the energy in a room. Years and years have passed since I last saw Bella. I spent a lot of time thinking about what she might look like now, how she carried herself, the way she talked. Today was the day I was finally going to find out. Bella was coming "home."

Dad and I began the short trip to Forks once we heard about Bella's plane landing. We were helping Charlie out fixing an old truck for her to drive while she stayed here. So we had to drop it off before school started for her. I was only 15 but since his diabetes had grown worse leaving him stuck in a wheelchair, I was the one driving. I usually did drive to Charlie's. He was a cop but wouldn't dare rat on me, he loved my dad too much. Pulling into the driveway I finally got to see her. She was actually here. Bella followed cautiously behind her Dad down the driveway trying her hardest not to make eye contact. I didn't even think she remembered me at all. Charlie greeted Dad with their usual hug and he pulled me in for one as well. Turning to Bella he reintroduced her to myself and Dad. "Bella! This is Billy & Jacob Black, do you remember spending time down in La push when you spent your summers here?" Bella looked at me for a moment, then looked at Dad and a small smile crossed her lips. "Oh my gosh, of course! Hi Jacob, Billy!" I walked towards her and reached for a hug. It was kind of awkward but didn't feel forced. Dad laughed at me, shaking his head from side to side subtly. "Bella!" he grinned. "How are you liking Forks? Glad to be back?" Bella's facial expression turned. "Yeah. I guess it's okay." She forced a smile. "You'll get used to it dear." Charlie looked a little flustered from Bella's response. "Thanks for stopping by boys, tell Rachel and Rebecca we said hello." "Of course" Dad smiled. "I hope you settle in nicely, Bella. See you next weekend for the game, Charlie." Wheeling himself towards the truck he called me over. "Goodbye Charlie, Bella. I hope to see you again soon." Bella smiled, for real this time. At least I think so anyway. "Me too, Jacob. See you around."

The drive back To La Push was incredibly awkward now. I knew Dad could tell I fancied Bella. Sure, Bella could probably tell I fancied Bella. "Jacob." he started. "Don't mess this up, I don't need baseball night at Charlie's to be ruined because you messed around with his daughter." I was visibly blushing now, I could tell. My tanned skin wasn't hiding it this time. "Dad..." "Don't stress too much son, you and Bella will have to see each other again eventually. I'm not planning on driving myself to Charlie's anytime soon." I laughed at his joke but was really just thinking about what he had said. Bella and I would have to see each other again, and I was already looking forward to it.

Everyday I would wake up before my sisters. Dad was always awake before me but I made him breakfast most of the time. Eggs and Bacon with a side of toast, covered in his favourite jam. I wasn't really looking forward to school. Bella wouldn't be there. My high school was closer to the house. Bella was registered all the way in Forks. Which did make sense but I had secretly hoped Charlie would send her to school here instead. Wishful thinking I guess. After saying goodbye to Dad I walked to school beside Rebecca and Rachel. They always had some new thing to talk about, that I apparently "wouldn't understand." This happened almost everyday. Although they still walked with me everyday, neither of them were still enrolled. They'd graduated a short time ago. For some reason they insisted on walking with me, a reason I didn't quite understand. Today on the journey to school though, I didn't really pay much attention to what they had to say. I was busy thinking about Bella. What if I really had no chance. I mean she's older than me, and could easily find someone else to occupy her time, since we wouldn't see each other nearly as much as she would see her other piers. I tried my best not to think about that part though.

Classes seemed to drag on longer today. Thoughts of seeing Bella flooded my mind. Dad had said we'd be going back to Charlie's for the game this weekend. Was it selfish to hope she hadn't met any friends that could have her preoccupied while I was visiting? Probably. But I didn't care, the thought of being with Bella made me excited. She hadn't changed too much now that I really think about it. She did however grow up. Her beautiful figure and long brown hair was proof of that. Something she never did have before. She had definitely matured past the silly outfits Renee would dress her in and the ponytail she used to wear almost everyday. Bella seemed different, not in a drastic way, but almost as if she had grown up too fast. I wondered about her life in Arizona. Maybe she had a boyfriend up there, lots of friends. It wasn't hard to imagine considering she had spent most of her time there. I guess I would find out in time. But too be honest I wasn't that scared of some guy from Phoenix. If there even was one. What could he do? Nothing. This was my chance to make Bella see in me what I see in her. Easier said than done I suppose.

A Few days later.

It was raining again, no surprise there. But it wasn't heavy. Nice enough to go out. Quil and Embry showed up at my door this morning, Hauled me out of bed and brought me to the beach. It wasn't particularly warm but it wasn't too bad. Nothing a puffed jacket couldn't fix. Walking up towards the beach I saw a van, with people crowded around it. It was her. Bella was in La Push. Trying not to look too excited, I gestured for Quil and Embry to follow me as I made my way up towards the parked vehicle. Bella was sitting on the floor of the van, her legs hanging out the side, the door was slid open. She looked cold. As I began to approach, getting closer I could now hear the conversation. "Edward didn't show?" I heard a girl laugh. "No." Bella sighed, "Oh well it's not like he had any sort of commitment to me, it's fine." Edward? as in Edward Cullen? She invited Edward Cullen to La Push? I started to approach a little faster. "The Cullens don't come around here." I barked. Bella looked up at me with a half smile. "Hey, Jacob." I smiled back. "It's kind of an unwritten rule. You won't ever have any luck finding a Cullen down here." Bella looked confused, her head tilted slightly. Our eyes met and I signalled for her to come with me. I brought Bella on a walk down the shoreline. The wind was a little harsh but she didn't seem to mind too much. "How are you liking it here so far?" I asked trying my best to avoid awkward silence. "I'll manage." She didn't seem too interested in anything I was saying. "What do you mean?" She asked with a confused tone in her voice. "An unwritten rule? Why cant the Cullen's come down here." I could tell she was already interested in learning more about Edward. This I wasn't too pleased with. "It's all folklore, really." I began. She looked at me like she was waiting for me to continue.  "This is Quileutes land, years ago the Cullen family agreed to a treaty. It stated that they couldn't set foot onto our land, and well." I paused. "Well what?" "It's stupid really just a dumb story we tell around campfires I guess." "Tell me anyways." Bella was becoming increasingly intrigued. "You see there's this legend about 'The cold ones' Humans that aren't really humans. In fact, they're not even really alive. Many years ago the agreements of the treaty stated that The Cullens wouldn't hunt in Forks, or anywhere on our land. The town of Forks itself was considered Cold blooded territory. We're allowed in but can't interfere with anything going on within town." Bella was looking at me in a daze. "Cold ones?" She questioned. "Yes, Cold blooded. They're dangerous." Her brow furrowed "Don't take it too seriously, Bella." I let out a partial laugh. "It's really just one big fairytale. Although we do respect the treaty, as do the Cullen's. Cold blooded or not, you still won't see them around here." By this time we were already back where we started. The van full of people were signalling for Bella to hop in. I told her to go as I had a feeling that wouldn't do much waiting around for her. "Thanks, Jacob. It was nice seeing you." I awkwardly pulled her in for a side hug. She smiled but quickly made her way towards the vehicle. "You too." I grinned.

The walk home with Quil and Embry was full of taunting, laughing, and jokes at my expense. They kept talking about how I for sure had no chance next to Edward Cullen, but I was going to make sure that Bella saw through him. I wanted her to know what he was, but couldnt explicitly tell her. "Screw off." I snapped. "Bella isn't dumb enough to date someone like that." Quil laughed at me. "Jacob, I'm pretty sure if given the chance, she would. Why else would she invite him here?" My mind filled with scenarios that seemed impossible. Surely Edward wasn't stupid enough to let Bella close to him. Not when he knows what he is. A monster. A cold blooded killer. Is he even capable of love? Does his heart still beat? This is crazy.

I walked up to the front door of my house, pushing it open with a decent amount of force. The handle gets stuck sometimes. Dad was sitting in the living room watching some Tv show about fishing. Rebecca and Rachel were probably in their room gossiping about something I was 'too young to hear.' "Jacob!" Dad called from his spot in the living room. "How was your day, Son?" "Good." I took a moment to collect my thoughts. "Bella was at the beach with some of her friends from Forks." Dad looked at me with a sly grin. "She invited someone else, they didn't show though." Dads face became hard to read. "Who?" he questioned. "Uhrm..Edward. Edward Cullen." I looked over to see his eyes widening. "She's messing with a Cullen boy?" Dad was obviously unimpressed. "I don't know. She didn't say anything about 'messing' with him. Just that he was invited to come along."  "He's lucky he didn't show up." He gritted his teeth. "He would have regretted it if he did." Dad was probably the least fond of the Cullen Clan out of everyone. I didn't have much of an opinion other than the fact that they were blood sucking vampires. Not exactly people you want to hang out with I guess. "Jacob." I turned my head to see a visibly upset version of my father. "I know you can't control what happens, But please, don't let THAT happen." It was clear what he was talking about, he didn't have to say it. I walked past the girls room and into my bedroom. Laying on my bed, thoughts of Edward and Bella swept through my mind. Maybe they were just friends? Bella had only been here for a short time. She didn't have the chance to form a romantic relationship yet, I think. My eyes became heavy and soon the room went dark. There wasn't any school tomorrow but Dad needed some help with house chores so getting up early was necessary. God forbid Rebecca or Rachel ever did anything. The day Dad asks them to take care of something over me is the day I die. I fell asleep thinking about my mother. The vague memories I did have of her seemed to be fading away more each day. I didn't want them to fade. Her passing didn't greatly affect me, but not being able to remember her at all, that would crush me for sure.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

643K 23.4K 98
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
179K 6.5K 93
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
88.3K 1.7K 34
𝐀 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐋𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐚 𝐋𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐭...
968K 59.8K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...