A Different Kind Of Crazy

By killerbeanqxeen

Born into the dark shadows of a ruthless legacy, Orianna Hall's dreams of a normal life are shattered by the... More

Hey guys!!
A/N
Prologue
Chapter1||Sunflower(a trip down memory lane)
Chapter2||Regret
Chapter 3||Bags n' Bottles
Chapter 4||House Arrest
Chapter 5||Take a hint
A/N
Chapter 6||Stupid
Chapter7||Say What Now?
Chapter8||Truce
Chapter9||Scum
Chapter10|| I don't care
Chapter 11||No way
Chapter12||Princess
Chapter13||Exposure
Chapter14||Mcdonald's
Chapter15||High Stakes
Chapter16||Revenge
Chapter17||Saying Goodbye
Chapter18||Ricky's
Chapter19|| Into the Ruins pt. 1
Chapter20||Into the Ruins pt.2
Chapter22||Breaking Point
Chapter23||Hazel Eyes
Chapter 24||Crème De La Crème
Chapter25||City lights and Fights
Chapter26||No chances
Chapter 27||Business with Pleasure
Chapter28||Think Fast
Chapter29||Old Friends
Chapter30||Ice Cold
Chapter31||Wine and Whispers
Chapter 32||Letting Go
Chapter 33||Birth Right(Final Chapter)

Chapter 21||Gift Wrapped

19 2 0
By killerbeanqxeen

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

- T. S. Eliot

~ ~ ~

Jacob's P.O.V

I have to admit that I was slightly taken aback by the news of Jeremiah's death. Sure I didn't particularly like the guy but he was of use.

To some extent.

His death did mean one less enemy to watch out for, but most importantly, who would kill him?

Could it be Markov?

I still have him on the top of my list. With that said, even though we are rivals that still doesn't give him the right to take Darcy's body.

I pull out my phone to see that someone is calling me, an unknown number.

"Boss, it's done."

"Great." I hang up. I guess the rookie is not as bad as I thought he was. At least the rookies are most passionate about getting the job done. I figure it is because they want to prove their value to me.

The rookie is valuable alright. He just made one of the most annoying of my problems disappear.

That scumbag that wouldn't leave Orianna alone. He couldn't heal like the dog he was so I had to put him down.

And I think that this was the best way to start the plan to end Markov's rein once and for all.

I remove myself from the table and head upstairs, motioning for the other guys to follow. They do so and shortly I close the door to my room behind me once they enter.

I made sure to keep Orianna out of this as I don't think she'll be of any value to me right now.

"Yeah? " Jerald coughs, a cigarette held between his lips.

"I need you to work on getting me some accurate coordinates. " I demand, immediately reaching over to him and grabbing the cigarette, throwing it on the ground and crushing it under my foot.

"Need you in your right mind right now. " He huffed in annoyance before going over to the desktop in the corner.

"X is on driver duty, Sean you'll cover me while I enter the building."

Of course, the security will be tight, and quite a lot in numbers. But they'll be the least of my worries.

"Got em! " Jerald exclaims, having a mini eureka moment as he gestures to the coordinates on the desktop screen. We then continue to discuss in depth the details of our plan.

Once everyone is informed of their positions we decide to go off to bed. The night had unbelievably fallen so quickly and we were all ready to wake up early in the morning to head out first thing.

Just as I'm about to head to bed there's a bit of curiosity I feel towards Orianna and I quickly head downstairs to see what she's up to before I start to change my mind.

She is laying down on the couch and I can see that the tele is still on.

I open the fridge and take out a bottle of Orange juice, pouring some out for myself. I gulp down some of the juice and the pulp in it as well, regrettably.

I slowly make my way over to the couch, only to see that she is indeed sleeping. I smile at her calm figure. Curiously, I inch closer to her, stooping down when I reach the edge of the couch. I place the glass on the floor as I study her features.

Her hair was richly black and before I could register what I was doing, I was now captivated by the feeling of her hair.

Damn, it was so soft. I ran my fingers along the length of it and a part of me never wanted to stop at its full length. Which was just below her breast. I stopped myself, bringing my hand up to her face, I ever so lightly traced my finger along the line of her nose. Straight as it was, it had quite a delicate tip.

I move in closer to her, my face now inches away from hers. All of a sudden she starts to stir and a lump forms in my throat.

Her eyes flutter open and I freeze.  Eyes as deep and rich as coffee stare up at me and for a second it felt like my heart skipped a beat. Her eyes flicker to my lips for a brief moment and I inch closer to her lips, slowly closing my eyes.

My breath hitches as I feel the warmth of her breath on my face and I anxiously await for her to place her lips on mine.

In an instant, she stirs once more, moving her face away from mine.

I exhale deeply as if I was holding my breath. One that I didn't even know I was holding. I run a hand through my hair and I chuckle at my growing sense of disappointment.

What is wrong with me?

I dismiss whatever feeling just came over me and just decide to take her upstairs, laying her down on her bed.

After, I take a cold shower and go straight to my room. I lay down on my back, staring up at the ceiling until all of my thoughts dissolve into nothing, leaving me alone to drift off to sleep.

* * *

"Why is your right hook so weak?" I shake my head at Jerald's attempt to hit me. We've been at this for a while now. I can only imagine if this is practice then, how will he defend himself when it comes to the real fight?

I demonstrate once more how to properly throw a punch. I swiftly move towards the practice dummy ahead of me and throw a hard right hook, shift around, my hands blocking my face, and then throw a harder left hook, which caused the dummy to be knocked over.

Since Jerald is mostly the tech wiz, I figured it would be best for him to know how to fight, given our current situation.

Even just a little bit.

We run through a couple more moves and I can tell that he has the capability, but there's no drive.

"Come on! Think about the most important person in your life right now, he wants to hurt them! " I shout to him, trying to get him amped up.

In a flash, he throws punches, hard right rook, block, hard left hook, and a powerful uppercut causing the dummy to fly over a little distance across the room.

He immediately looks over at me and I give him a nod of approval. And with that, I felt satisfied.

"Good, now go gear up. " I pat him over the shoulder.

Considering how I woke up after 4 in the morning to train, I decided it was best I grab a bite before heading out.

As I pass by Orianna's room and I catch a glimpse of her standing in the mirror. Her back was turned to me.

She was dressed in a full black leather jacket suit, pulling her hair up into a ponytail. I back up to where I'm standing in the doorway.

"Where are you going? " I ask, quite intrigued.

"I'm coming with you guys. " She speaks, quite confidently and I couldn't help but laugh a little at her expression.

"No, you're not actually," I reply in a deadpan tone, she wasn't going anywhere, not if I had anything to do with it. I can't risk her life like that. As much as I don't particularly fancy her like that, she was my sister's best friend.

Without a second thought, I swiftly close her room door, locking it with the key. From the other side, I can hear her cursing and banging on the door, demanding to know what is going on.

"It's better this way sweetheart. " I shout to her, before jogging down the stairs.

I waste no time grabbing something to eat and hop into the car, closing the door behind me. With all of us inside the Jeep and with X driving us, we pull out of the parking lot.

We drive in silence, only the sound of the tires running along the roads and cars swishing past us. I feel my phone vibrate and take it out to see who it's from.

*from Princess*

*What the hell?! *

Princess is typing...

*Who locks someone up like that?! You better tell me where the hidden key is! *

Me: What hidden key?

Princess is typing...

*I swear I'll claw my way outta here, you'll see*

*Okay love, don't miss me too much*

And with that, I end the conversation. I resist the urge to smile as I don't want to attract unnecessary attention from the other guys.

I pull out my phone and dial up my men on the other side.

" Yeah, get ready we're coming. " I say and hang up. I'll have to fly discretely and so I'll have to use my private jet.

A gift I had received from one of my... friends. I must say, that brunet from Ricky's did have a lot to offer.

We pull up at the airport of one of my closest pals. Lorence, I met when I was working for Markov, after working with him for a while I realized we both couldn't take his crap anymore and from then on it was history.

We all hop out of the Jeep and make our way inside the building. Upon entrance, we are greeted by the receptionist, she begins to ask us questions but all of a sudden she is cut off.

"Ah, My friend, It's been a minute. " I hear a familiar voice coming from behind the receptionist said. As he comes clearer into view I see that it is Lorence.

"It has." I counter giving a small smile. He whispers something to the receptionist and she smiles and nods politely to us before going back to her desk. He casually slips both hands into his pockets.

"Let's cut to the chase, I know why you're here," he speaks and before I can say anything else, he waves me off.

"You know, news travels fast, " he remarks coolly as if he read my expression. He then turns around and walks in the opposite direction and we all take it as our cue to follow.

He leads us to the back of the building, where we can see a vast area of greenery. We continue onward and we bend a corner until moments later a large white jet comes into view. Lorence pulls a pair of keys from his pocket and hands them over to me.

"All the best. " He pats me on the shoulder and I give him a small nod before entering the jet. Once I enter, I have to admit that the interior is quite exquisite. Quality white leather seats on both sides of the Isle and crisp red flooring. I see all of our luggage already placed on the floor of the plane and I silently thank Lorence for his covertness.

The guys settle at the back of the plane, whereas I immediately go to the cockpit. Thanks to my acquired experiences, I would refer to this as an occupational hazard. I take a seat and take a minute to familiarise myself with the controls.

Suddenly, I hear the door of the cockpit open and I turn around to see X behind me.

"X." I greet him and he nods politely. He has always been a guy of few words.

That I respect him for the most.

I already know that he has experience in flying as well and so I offer him the position of the copilot, to which he willingly agrees.

I run a quick check before starting up the motor and slowly pulling back the yoke and gradually this moves the jet and we take off.

° ° °

Tell me what u guys thought of this one.

If u enjoy what I write you can leave a comment and vote.

XoXo

-Stay Safe

~Killerbeanqxeen

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 3.8K 42
At lightning speed I threw open the covers of the bed , checking for any trace of missing clothing ; Every ounce of my fiber, of my being was yelling...
86.6K 2.2K 39
"I found you once, if the universe allows it I'll find you again." ------------ Melany Marshall, if people had to describe her they would all use the...
1.8K 30 22
A 15 year old girl faces the extremes starting from a young age... Abuse, mentally..physically..emotionally.. hatred, depression, suicidal thoughts...
198K 2.7K 44
Hate; feel intense or passionate dislike for (someone or something) Carter Shay is a seventeen year old girl who's grown up with everything handed to...